• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
He delivers! I'm tempted to get one.

How was your Christmas bud? :)

It was really good. Big get together with the family and their kiddos. Great holiday time.

Your's? I'm guessing the UK celebrates with tea and crumpets or something like that.

BraXzy

It was really good. Big get together with the family and their kiddos. Great holiday time.

Your's? I'm guessing the UK celebrates with tea and crumpets or something like that.

Literally all i recieved for Christmas was tea bags, crumpets and toothpaste for my bad teeth ;)

Nah, I genuinely don't think there was either. There was lots of turkey, and some gammon. Lots of wine and beers. Lots of presents and games played. It was really good.

Bit hectic though, saw my Dad early on, saw my Mum and some family till the evening then went to my GFs. I had a bit of food everywhere though which was nice.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just looked up gammon and now I'm hungry.

My sister made homemade eggnog with tequila in it, and we also had homage Bailey's. Those mixed together was there perfect holiday drink.

edit: Halo
K4aUZW9.jpg

Madness

The one thing that is very inoffensive to me, but because of it, certain maps have cheap sight lines is the ground dash. Barely anyone uses it, and yet maps like fathom and others have these small openings for people to make quick dash escapes or entries, but it ruins regular modes because in gametypes like SWAT you just have someone crouching and getting these cheap shots etc.

Having finally played Noctus as well, I'd really like the inner city aesthetic used for a developer map. Nothing closed or walled off. The aesthetics of this map is how Guillotine should look, but that instead looks like a Nintendo 64 map with San Francisco Rush 2049 vehicles placed around etc.

The one thing that is very inoffensive to me, but because of it, certain maps have cheap sight lines is the ground dash. Barely anyone uses it, and yet maps like fathom and others have these small openings for people to make quick dash escapes or entries, but it ruins regular modes because in gametypes like SWAT you just have someone crouching and getting these cheap shots etc.

Having finally played Noctus as well, I'd really like the inner city aesthetic used for a developer map. Nothing closed or walled off. The aesthetics of this map is how Guillotine should look, but that instead looks like a Nintendo 64 map with San Francisco Rush 2049 vehicles placed around etc.

teehee - funny cause true.

Trup1aya

Man, Warzone is really clicking with me now...

I think it has surpassed Warzone Assault as my prefered warmup gametype.

It actually kept me away from Arena almost all weekend.

All of the Christmas crowd using mics has helped tremendously..

Edit: the mode has so much untapped potential though. They need to randomize boss spawn times, and also include some nuetral objectives.. Maybe instead of spawning a warden eternal, you spawn a nuetral flag that need to be brought back to your home base. Or a nuetral bomb that need to be armed outside the enemy base.

Strider

A little over a week until we can get rid of this snipers social playlist and hopefully get something better
goodjob.gif

Just give me standard Halo modes in a social playlist please. Slayer, CTF, Strongholds. Nothing else.

BraXzy

Just looked up gammon and now I'm hungry.

My sister made homemade eggnog with tequila in it, and we also had homage Bailey's. Those mixed together was there perfect holiday drink.

edit: Halo

You had to look it up? Don't you guys across the pond have this?

I'm not the biggest fan of it but my mum used some crazy God like cooking skills and it was tasty as hell.

Chicken or beef?

I got super confused because I never saw that post by Frank, thought you were replying to a month old post. I'm losing my touch.

Trup1aya

Randomized bosses would muck up the play, I think. Objectives, however, would be cool.

I think randomized bossed would force people to adapt there strategies on the fly. Maybe keep the legendaries on the same timer, but sprinkle more of he lower bosses around the map at different times.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think randomized bossed would force people to adapt there strategies on the fly. Maybe keep the legendaries on the same timer, but sprinkle more of he lower bosses around the map at different times.

Honestly it would be better if there was a steady stream of enemies regular and legendary attacking bases.

Karl2177

That's a remake of your older forge map no? Looks nice!
Yep. Thanks!
Karl thats a 4 v 4 map? :elmo:
Using :elmo: is about as helpful as a geology degree.
That looks masterful. I haven't downloaded any Forge creations but this may well be the first. Wow.

I wonder how it plays.
Thanks. People seemed to like it in Halo 4, but then again only those really dedicated to Halo 4 stuck around long enough to actually play on it.

can someone explain to me how to do the bottom middle to top jump on fathom?

i can do it while crouching but I'm pretty sure I've seen people do it without.

i cannot figure out how to do it without crouching.

Korosenai

I think Koro's account got jacked. He's currently playing FIFA, that's usually a bad sign.
I left my Xbox at my grandmas and my cousins keep playing it. He likes Fifa and says halo is for nerds.

And he's probably trying to play online while my grandparents have 0.05 mb down on dial up.

BraXzy

I left my Xbox at my grandmas and my cousins keep playing it. He likes Fifa and says halo is for nerds.

And he's probably trying to play online while my grandparents have 0.05 mb down on dial up.

Yay, I was kinda right. Good to hear all is well.

Edit: Weird, your post shows one line, but quoting shows two. Are you really Koro? Conspiracy.jpg

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I honestly couldn't find a definitive answer while googling it - are the holiday REQs still being handed out? I haven't booted up the game in the month of December until today, and I see that the REQs are still being advertised when you boot up the game. I haven't received one, am I too late?

BraXzy

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I honestly couldn't find a definitive answer while googling it - are the holiday REQs still being handed out? I haven't booted up the game in the month of December until today, and I see that the REQs are still being advertised when you boot up the game. I haven't received one, am I too late?

Can't find a specific date but I'm pretty sure it is still attainable.

Play a game of Warzone and it should pop up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom