• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
I think I'm eternally cursed to be Platinum in SWAT. One match I'll win and move towards the light, next match I get three Gold players that go 3-13.

If I can manage 19-10, please consider keeping me at the same rank at least -.-

In other news, SWAT has gotten a lot more hectic.

Need someone to team up with in SWAT?

Ade

The interface emblem pack always contains these 3, and you can find a code for one included on the 12 Month sub cards for Live that have Chief and Locke on them. They should have text on the outside mentioning the add'l code.

Ah cool, don't think they made it to the UK so I'm happy with dropping 2 dollars for one.

E92 M3

So you're on 3 sensitivity which IMO is a great mid point between speed vs. accuracy. Your on 5 accel which means when you move your stick it only takes (complete guess) .5 seconds for all the acceleration to happen. From there on out its the same speed with no ramping up. So when you make little movements (switching aim from 1 guy to 1 next to him.) its very precise since your on 3 sense and since its a small movement acceleration has no time to ramp up. But at the same time when you looking for people/watching your back the 5 accel makes the aim feel VERY responsive and snappy. When im in gunfights it feels like im on 3 with great aim, when Im running around looking for the other team it feels like im on 5-6.

0 inner deadzone so there minimum deadzone which IMO was the main contributor to the aiming feeling bad. H5 felt like it had crazy amounts of input lag to me, this completely changes how the who game feels. I can suddenly keep up with everyone sprinting/thursting around at mach 5. outer at 15% becuase its the opposite of inner, if you want 0 deadzone the outside should be at 15. It even says it in the menus. inner-the higher the setting the more input needed outer-the higher the setting the less input needed.

Deadzones were put in so peoples controller wouldn't move their reticle/to prevent slow turn. So if you have a solid controller all that happens is its less responsive. Some people notice it some people don't hence the "omg aiming is literally awful" and "it feels fine to me" we saw.

Everyone is different but this works so well for me.

I appreciate the explanation; will mess around with acceleration some more, but pretty happy with 2.

Open them!

Already did, lol. Seemed like 41 was the limit.

The outer deadline determines how far towards the edge you need to move your joystick before the game registers that you've pegged it.

The larger your outer dead zone, the sooner the game will register that you've reached the outer edge. This would essentially allow you to quick turn without moving your sticks to the outer limits.

The lower your outer deadzone, the more granular control you'd have over your reticule, as you'd be using a larger portion of the sticks operating range... To me this is preferable, because if I want to quick turn, I'll just Peg the stick.

Hmm, then that would mean I want 0.

BraXzy

Do we have any cool custom games yet?

We do indeed, we had a fantastic couple games yesterday that had me crying with laughter, then stuff kept breaking and nothing would select so we called it a night.

Need someone to team up with in SWAT?

I'm trying (and failing) to queue Breakout atm but I'm down to do some more SWAT if you want. Add my tag AnX IReCoiLz

halo is granddad

Get online pl0x <3

Madness

I really hate Doubles in this game. Keeping radar on and the base power weapon setups of basic 4v4 maps? Cmon man.

No kidding. I played 3 matches, we destroyed in the first, got destroyed in the next two. Played on Eden the final match. Were doing great until we got caught and died to a Hydra and some nade spam. Then the other two guys locked up rockets, locked up sniper, shotgun and Hydra and just camped watching radar. Can't really do much from then on. No motion detector at least allows you the element of surprise, to mount attacks against people who have the power weapons locked down or are holed up in an area.

I've never been a fan of the announcing of power weapons either. Back in the day you either timed the spawns or would have to venture out and check if they were back, now they pretty much let everyone know when, where they are and when someone has grabbed them.

https://twitter.com/MartyTheElder/status/681656497344876544

Not sure if Marty's taking a stab at Bungie or 343 here. :lol

WindyMeagerIberianmole.gif

Magwik

Banned
If it was a jab at Bungie, I don't understand it. If it was a jab at 343, I still don't understand it.
Marty made up a lot of music for Destiny and a lot of it was never used in the game and will more than likely never be used again or see the light of day.

BraXzy

I just managed to get into an FFA and it was went through successfully :O

Don't think the servers are actually any better though.

Welp, left analog on my gamepad is going bad once more and it's one of the newer controllers with the headset jack. Guess I'll have to send it in and it's my only one. :(

Bye Halo.

BraXzy

Servers are slowly getting better, still doing funky stuff and the odd disconnect but I've been able to play three matches. More than can be said for the previous hour of attempts :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom