• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyasu

Banned
In a perfect world, Team Arena is only CTF, Oddball, Strongholds, maybe even KOTH (could be too similar to Strongholds) then there's separate lists for Breakout, Slayer, and Team Arena Breakout, BTB, FFA, Social, Lone Wolves

For me objective playlist perfection would be ctf, assault and strongholds... Oddball I could take or leave.

Haruko

I'm slowly getting there with this hectic avalanche type fun map.

Main things are vehicles really don't want to play ball, they get stuck on the ramp even with velocity assigned. And I'm using too many small things that simply bounce over you.

Bigger obstacles, more of them, more pain. Profit.

Your project reminds me a lot of Speed from Reach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzxiQ5zjxn4

I haven't touched Forge much in H5 yet, but aside from the obvious (Hammers, Infection not in yet), is Speed something that could possibly be remade in 5?

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol I don't know why I quoted you either. I could have sworn I made a knew post.

What's cool about this jump it's that it apparently works on any flat topped surface.

Gonna try this out right now. I also still have to learn that slide thrust on overgrowth, you can cover the whole hallway distance with it, paired with sword and invis this thrust is a killer.

Also I still have to thank BraXzy for playing with me yesterday, I had lots of fun :D And I keep that goosing game a secret ;).....eeeh sorry :eek:

For me objective playlist perfection would be ctf, assault and strongholds... Oddball I could take or leave.

I would also like Assault...I'm just not sure that the Arena maps are suited for it, I suppose some of the BTB maps could work...maybe...seem too large.

Leyasu

Banned
I would also like Assault...I'm just not sure that the Arena maps are suited for it, I suppose some of the BTB maps could work...maybe...seem too large.

I have often wondered if assaults omission was because non of the maps are good for it. Or if the new movement options make it impossible to get anywhere??

I miss assault. But I have gotta say that I love strongholds.

BraXzy

Has anyone tried this

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG Integrity/video/13282146

Apparently a well timed thrust into the corner of a ledge sends you flying high. This appear to be the quickest way to reach top mid in Fathom, by far, if you land it correctly.

I don't know if these nuances are intentional or happy accidents, but I'm absolutely loving the depth provided by these new Movement mechanics.

I still haven't managed to pull off the thrust slide thing. People need to stop finding these tricks so quickly :3

Strider

Fwiw Neighbor is streaming and his aiming settings are 1 acceleration and 0% for both dead zones... Reason is "this makes it feel like Halo 2"

BraXzy

Fwiw Neighbor is streaming and his aiming settings are 1 acceleration and 0% for both dead zones... Reason is "this makes it feel like Halo 2"

Interesting. Is there anyone with knowledge of the new aiming settings actually kept acceleration at 3?

It feels like even the pro team who had it changed to 3 have swapped to something different :L

E92 M3

Interesting. Is there anyone with knowledge of the new aiming settings actually kept acceleration at 3?

It feels like even the pro team who had it changed to 3 have swapped to something different :L

lol

There truly was nothing good about the default aiming system. Beta was essentially perfect.

Also, is there a reason why the call sign HAS to be 4 characters?

Sai

Screenshot-Original.png
yey gaiz

yeeeey

Now, I just need the Nornfang, Oathsworn, and Didact's Signet certifications.

Trup1aya

I kept it at 3.

In all honesty I feel like aim acceleration is just like sensitivity... With time anyone can adapt to anything.

The real issue is the default dead zone setting. That is what made 3 accel feel so unwielding... In the words of drake it went "0 to 100 real fucking quick". Too quick when you had less than 88% of the sticks operating range to work with, and no tactile way of knowing when your stick input would begin to register. There's no adapting to that.

I can't imagine that proteam has anything to do with the dead zone setting... Surely they were not the ones trying to play test with drifty controllers.

Sounds to me like some at 343i lacked confidence is MS controller hardware.

Strider

I kept it at 3.

In all honesty I feel like aim acceleration is just like sensitivity... With time anyone can adapt to anything.

The real issue is the default dead zone setting. That is what made 3 accel feel so unwielding... In the words of drake it went "0 to 100 real fucking quick". Too quick when you had less than 88% of the sticks operating range to work with, and no tactile way of knowing when your stick input would begin to register. There's no adapting to that.

I can't imagine that proteam has anything to do with the dead zone setting... Surely they were not the ones trying to play test with drifty controllers.

Sounds to me like some at 343i lacked confidence is MS controller hardware.

Yea the deadzones were the big issue.

Also fwiw Neighbor said if you want a Halo 3 feel try acceleration 5 with deadzones at 0%... For anyone still adjusting settings

--

Also Holy shiiiiit Clippy is an emblem?!? Waaaaaant

E92 M3

Also fwiw Neighbor said if you want a Halo 3 feel try acceleration 5 with deadzones at 0%... For anyone still adjusting settings

--

Acceleration of 5 sounds a little crazy lol

BraXzy

Note to self: Never ever ever weld anything in Forge. It causes some craaaazzyyyyyy glitches and bugs. Stuff I have deleted that was previously welded still spawns on my map, but it jitters around all over the place :|

Leyasu

Banned
The 0% for the dead zones was the biggest difference for me. Night and day difference.
I have both dead zones at 0%, and noticed an instant improvement to the number of perfects I have been hitting. The aiming in this game now is unrivaled imo

E92 M3

It's funny that Pegasus has become one of my favorite maps. It's one of the few that feels uncluttered and has clean sightlines.

IHaveIce

Banned

--

He has to misremember Halo 3 then.. 5?

BraXzy

Also I still have to thank BraXzy for playing with me yesterday, I had lots of fun :D And I keep that goosing game a secret ;).....eeeh sorry :eek:

Woah, woah, woah. I only just saw this.

I can neither confirm, nor deny any kind of goose like happenings. All I can say is any and all possibilities of said goosing would obviously be down to still getting used to the paddles on my Elite Controller.

BraXzy

It's funny that Pegasus has become one of my favorite maps. It's one of the few that feels uncluttered and has clean sightlines.

That map will always be terrible in my eyes till they sort out the spawns. It's so easy to trap the enemy team into spawning right at the back in that corner room opposite OS.

Especially in SWAT, it's a nightmare.

Trup1aya

It's ok I guess, but I hate how easy it is to camp that top corner between sniper and rocket spawns.

If the barriers that keep people from jumping from the middle yard the staircase were gone it would be better. And if there were an outdoor path from the top of the stairs to the back of that room (similar to that sneaky sniper path) then I think it would be a good map.

E92 M3

That map will always be terrible in my eyes till they sort out the spawns. It's so easy to trap the enemy team into spawning right at the back in that corner room opposite OS.

Especially in SWAT, it's a nightmare.

It's ok I guess, but I hate how easy it is to camp that top corner between sniper and rocket spawns.

I play FFA so those issues don't really exist for me lol.

Sai

Okay, that earlier ninja edit was unnecessary. I thought I still had to unlock the Oathsworn and Didact's Signet as well, but the Nornfang's certification is all I have left.

Bad luck with the Whispered Truth. Ended up dying with it both times. ;_; But unless the one guy I killed with it had weak shields, I think it only needs two bursts to take an enemy Spartan down. That, and the speed boost(which is made all the more ridiculous with the upgraded thruster armor mod, which I love) made me understand exactly why it was a power weapon.

Wtf happened to the MP and matchmaking?!

I've been continuously kicked from lobbies all day with a message saying...

"ATTENTION - An error has occurred while searching for players - Please try again."

Not only that but I'm now having to empty entire clips from the AR into people in the hopes of killing them when before it didn't take all of that, meanwhile, the same people shoot me a few times with it and I die. Or I'll have a 1v1 battle with an SMG and somehow theirs shoots faster. Wtf is this?

Also, my RP doesn't pop up correctly until I leave from one screen to another and it no longer displays that I have Reqs available to buy with them.

Herbs

Banned
Anyone else having issues? Los Angeles here

Continuous connecting to lobby loop and then kicks saying unable to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom