• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

So you're on 3 sensitivity which IMO is a great mid point between speed vs. accuracy. Your on 5 accel which means when you move your stick it only takes (complete guess) .5 seconds for all the acceleration to happen. From there on out its the same speed with no ramping up. So when you make little movements (switching aim from 1 guy to 1 next to him.) its very precise since your on 3 sense and since its a small movement acceleration has no time to ramp up. But at the same time when you looking for people/watching your back the 5 accel makes the aim feel VERY responsive and snappy. When im in gunfights it feels like im on 3 with great aim, when Im running around looking for the other team it feels like im on 5-6.

0 inner deadzone so there minimum deadzone which IMO was the main contributor to the aiming feeling bad. H5 felt like it had crazy amounts of input lag to me, this completely changes how the who game feels. I can suddenly keep up with everyone sprinting/thursting around at mach 5. outer at 15% becuase its the opposite of inner, if you want 0 deadzone the outside should be at 15. It even says it in the menus. inner-the higher the setting the more input needed outer-the higher the setting the less input needed.

Deadzones were put in so peoples controller wouldn't move their reticle/to prevent slow turn. So if you have a solid controller all that happens is its less responsive. Some people notice it some people don't hence the "omg aiming is literally awful" and "it feels fine to me" we saw.

Everyone is different but this works so well for me.

The post Samurai is referring to.

Quoted on my phone ;)

couple of questions:

- anyone who has an elite controller, what do you put on the paddles? do you use all 4?
I'm downloading halo 5 now and was just curious., will take a bit getting used to the paddles...

- whats the best way to open the req packs? read you guys saying open all bronze first until you unlock something?

Magwik

Banned
couple of questions:

- anyone who has an elite controller, what do you put on the paddles? do you use all 4?
I'm downloading halo 5 now and was just curious., will take a bit getting used to the paddles...

- whats the best way to open the req packs? read you guys saying open all bronze first until you unlock something?

Open bronzes until you start getting REQ points back. Then move to silver, then gold.

Trup1aya

couple of questions:

Open all bronze until you unlock all common items (or until the frequency in which you get permanent unlocks drops to aggrevating levels)

Then open all silvers until you unlock all (common if there are any left, uncommon, and Rare items)

The go for gold

You'll know you've exhausted a particular type of pack when opening it rewards you with req points

BraXzy

couple of questions:

For paddles. First I'd recommend trying out different set ups yourself to see what suits you. You can flip them round, have one top, one bottom, its entirely up to you. Get a feel for it. I was finding the long ones at the bottom I would accidentally press when clenching the controller.

I personally think 4 is way too much and confuses the hell out of my hands. I'm currently running the two smaller ones, slotted into the top slots. I am using Default controls, with Thrust (B) on left paddle, and Jump (A) on right paddle. It does take a good while for your muscle memory to adjust and not freak out so be patient with it.

As for the packs, like people have said if you want to eventually have everything a be most efficient, worm your way up. If you aren't ever going to be that invested, just gamble on Golds.

Detective

A few days ago I got Whispering Truth cert from a Warzone daily win and today I am blessed with Prophets Bane. Thank you Warzone win packs, thank you.

Lucky you.
I've spent 3 gold packs a day and none of these :/

I've got 6 dmr though:)

Best one is with br sight.

I hate the regular sight . covers everything and it has this yellow color.

After the forge update halo 5 is starting to feel like halo 3 in terms of community. After every match i get a party/game invite to some custom games and i love it.

BraXzy

Thx brax breh.

Huh For some reason I feel way more comfortable with both at 0%

I keep tweaking as I go. I landed on something I liked yesterday and I'm not even sure what it is.

I'll check when I'm on and report back. I may have found the one.

After the forge update halo 5 is starting to feel like halo 3 in terms of community. After every match i get a party/game invite to some custom games and i love it.

I'm not getting that yet :(

Hopefully once all the old gametypes come out and we can make all the cool stuff we will not only match but surpass the Halo 3 era of custom games.

I keep tweaking as I go. I landed on something I liked yesterday and I'm not even sure what it is.

I'll check when I'm on and report back. I may have found the one.

I'm not getting that yet :(

Hopefully once all the old gametypes come out and we can make all the cool stuff we will not only match but surpass the Halo 3 era of custom games.

there_can_be_only_one_highlander.gif

The explanation for outer deadzone doesn't make any sense.

Deadzones exist to minimize the "drift" or "slow turn" that occurs with worn/faulty hardware. If your controller is perfect, deadzones are not necessary.
Yes, even in 343's article they say to start out at 0% for each and increase as necessary.

Guys I have a problem with Halo 5 and I would like to know if some of you are experiencing this as well, the connection stability and the quality of the matches was flawless on my end since the launch of the game but
1 week ago I started to have some problems with the games especially on Warzone, the closest description to my problem is something like the rubber banding problems on Battlefield 4 before it was fixed

For example in some encounters I saw some enemy Spartans on X position and immediately after 1 second on another close Y position and then going back to X position, I don't know what is going on but trust me it is indeed happening to me,

my Xbox One is wired and my Internet speed is 41 mbps symmetrical with fiber optic I live in Mexico, like I said I don't know if this is only happening to me if you guys could help me I would be very happy
and yes this only happens on Halo 5 my PC and PS4 online games are fine thank you for your time.

I don't . No radar is good for Pro's... But the general public had come to expect radars and mini maps... You don't have a juggernaut without the casual crowd.
Bruv, Halo ain't no juggernaut.. Radar is not a difference maker on the scale you suggest. We'd be in the same position today with or without it.

Kalentan

Damn today has been terrible... Lost 4 matches in a row due to bad teammates and them leaving. I tried to carry but tbh, it's hard to carry a 2 v 4 over and over... :(

How come i havent seen 3rd person halo 5 custom gifs yet???

Additionally, it used to be difficult to view how your first-person actions will look in third-person. To remedy this, we added the ability to quickly switch to a Theater camera while in a game, during which you can still control your character in third-person from any cinematic view of your choice - and this is all done with the simple press of a button.

To enable machinima controls:

Go to Custom Game
Select a game mode
Go to Settings
Turn on Machinima Control (at bottom of list)
New Machinima Controls:

Lower Weapon: Hold X and D-pad down for two seconds
Detach camera in gameplay: Hold X and D-pad up for two seconds
Toggle camera control mode when detached (Normal and Pan): Hold X and press d-pad left
Toggle between Spartan and camera control when detached: Press View button
Display Spartan/camera location coordinates: Hold X and press d-pad righ

BraXzy

When someone betrays you in two rounds of Breakout for the BR, only gets one extra kill than you total and we lose.

Then challenges you to a 1v1.

Smh.

When someone betrays you in two rounds of Breakout for the BR, only gets one extra kill than you total and we lose.

Then challenges you to a 1v1.

Smh.

Give them the loss. make them suffer. show them where you stand. Right above their head as you crouch down so they can gurgle a tea bag.

AM I RIGHT?

BraXzy

Give them the loss. make them suffer. show them where you stand. Right above their head as you crouch down so they can gurgle a tea bag.

AM I RIGHT?

FML

Beat him easy in a Breakout 1v1

He asked for Slayer on the same Breakout map, we were pretty even but I was like two up in the last minute before someone on my FL joined, and got two kills.. Game no longer counts apparently lmao. GGs random BK on the internet, GGs.

FML

Beat him easy in a Breakout 1v1

He asked for Slayer on the same Breakout map, we were pretty even but I was like two up in the last minute before someone on my FL joined, and got two kills.. Game no longer counts apparently lmao. GGs random BK on the internet, GGs.

Tested the strength of men on a breakout map. hm interesting...seems like a good idea with even starts and spawn points.

Anyone know of a place where they have good 12month cards for sale? :p im about to run out on live next month.

E92 M3

Tested the strength of men on a breakout map. hm interesting...seems like a good idea with even starts and spawn points.

Anyone know of a place where they have good 12month cards for sale? :p im about to run out on live next month.

The Breakout map from the beta is my favorite for 1v1.

Getting a strange error.. Whenever I load up the game it says "Attention: Error authorizing user with Halo 5 services. You will be unable to access online modes"
it can't load up my player information and my profile has been reset to level 1...

Edit; Reloaded the game a few times and my profile is working. Must be an issue with the servers.

Sai

It's not like I've been playing a ton these past couple of days, but I haven't encountered any issues thus far.

link1201

Servers are still screwed up :(

Has there been any official word from 343 about it?
Bravo from reddit about 2 hours ago:
Hey all, just checking in to let you know that the team is aware of these reports and investigating root cause. After some work last night (mostly adding some additional capacity), it looked like things were normalizing for most, but we're well aware of reports this morning / today, and folks here are working to get things back to green across the board for all players. As soon as we have more details or specifics, I'll be sure to provide. Apologies for the interruption - I know you just wanna get some holiday gaming in.
edit: as we work to get things back to normal, you may see some added wackiness - getting kicked to menu, etc. These interruptions may occur due to server maintenance and should normalize once maintenance is complete. No exact ETA just yet outside of "ASAP."

BraXzy

Good to see they're working on it. I can imagine there aren't many folks in with it being the holidays, I think someone I spoke to said a lot are on holiday till start of Jan?

Fingers crossed its sorted out soon anyhow, wouldn't want Christmas giftees to get a bad first impression :3

EYEL1NER

These connection and server issues suck. I leave the country tomorrow for a land with shitty Internet and got really into H5 MP recently. Today is to be my last real day to play, since tomorrow will be full of packing and saying bye to the wife and kid. At first I was playing really shitty and my teams were losing every match. Then I started getting into the swing of things and was doing better, I was getting matched up with really good people, and then these errors have ruined the rest. I was playing arena and finally was on a winning team to get the daily req pack but server problems dicked me out of that. So I went over to Warzone and my team absolutely dominated the other team only to have it glitch out at the end and not get anything from that (req, boost rewards, or the medals for a sweet five kill ghost rampage I went on inside an armory full of dudes). Took all the fun out of the day.

I just turned it off in favor of trying Battlefront online before I leave and then decided to take a shower and go check the mail instead. Man, that last match was insane and I got nothing for it. Sails deflated... Maybe I'll have better luck in a couple months when I am back and can play again.

These connection and server issues suck. I leave the country tomorrow for a land with shitty Internet and got really into H5 MP recently. Today is to be my last real day to play, since tomorrow will be full of packing and saying bye to the wife and kid. At first I was playing really shitty and my teams were losing every match. Then I started getting into the swing of things and was doing better, I was getting matched up with really good people, and then these errors have ruined the rest. I was playing arena and finally was on a winning team to get the daily req pack but server problems dicked me out of that. So I went over to Warzone and my team absolutely dominated the other team only to have it glitch out at the end and not get anything from that (req, boost rewards, or the medals for a sweet five kill ghost rampage I went on inside an armory full of dudes). Took all the fun out of the day.

I just turned it off in favor of trying Battlefront online before I leave and then decided to take a shower and go check the mail instead. Man, that last match was insane and I got nothing for it. Sails deflated... Maybe I'll have better luck in a couple months when I am back and can play again.

When you come back, there will be 3 content updates waiting for you to enjoy! sorry about the dl wait tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom