• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made it worse. Champions are getting placed into platinum divisions.

CSR TUNING
The arrival of the January 2016 Season also provides us with an opportunity to make adjustments to CSR tuning, and this comes in two different forms. Some of you have noticed the ranking distribution for the SWAT and FFA playlists was a bit skewed, causing lots of players to end up in Onyx. We’ve confirmed this was occurring, and to correct this we have made adjustments to the CSR curve for these playlists. Additionally, the Multiplayer team has made some changes to placement match logic to address the issue of players placing too high across all playlists, and the new settings will ensure that your skill is more accurately represented coming out of placement. As always, we’ll be keeping a close eye on your feedback once these changes go live.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/cartographer-s-gift-sneak-peek

Madness

I don't know. I tried using the new settings and changing them, but they completely threw me off. I was fine with the beta, fine with the launch settings.

I even use two controllers and still roughly play the same. Maybe I can't really notice what it's for. I was tired of the Elite paddle sensitivity so I went back to my sunset white launch controller for now. Playing at 6 sensitivity, 3 acceleration and then default deadzones.

Ade

yey gaiz

yeeeey

Now, I just need the Nornfang, Oathsworn, and Didact's Signet certifications.

I was jealous, then this happened...

9qcrfXh.png

Tawpgun

Hopefully 343 addresses this in a future update. It's something I've noticed since the beta.

------
Really hoping breakout is removed from team arena next month. Somebody posted here before saying they can't believe they haven't seen more complaining about it; instead of moan post I've just refused to play the playlist. In neither season have I been ranked and I haven't played a single game of breakout since I bought the game on launch day. I don't care how many resources 343 have poured into it and I don't care if I'm missing something different but worthy, I just don't put the halo disc into an Xbox to play shieldless, elimination FPS gameplay. It's a massive shame because I love the few 4v4 games of CTF and the excellent strongholds gametype I've been able to play but the intransigence over breakout's inclusion forces me to stay out of the premier playlist in this fantastic game.
They replaced normal breakout with Arena Breakout. Which is one of the best game modes in the game.

I don't know. I tried using the new settings and changing them, but they completely threw me off. I was fine with the beta, fine with the launch settings.

I even use two controllers and still roughly play the same. Maybe I can't really notice what it's for. I was tired of the Elite paddle sensitivity so I went back to my sunset white launch controller for now. Playing at 6 sensitivity, 3 acceleration and then default deadzones.

Exactly same thing for me. Changing my settings had me getting my ass rekt.

I use 8-9 sensitivity and 4 acceleration with default deadzones

E92 M3

3 sens, 5 accel, 0 inner, 15 outer=GOAT settings. It literally feels like a different game.

Care to elaborate why it's your favorite? Also, I am still having trouble grasping the pros and cons of outer deadzone. Say, in a perfect environment, should it be 0?

BraXzy

Note to self: Don't use an ultra-rare REQ Boost when the servers keep playing up. You will fail to load a match and lose it -.-

Care to elaborate why it's your favorite? Also, I am still having trouble grasping the pros and cons of outer deadzone. Say, in a perfect environment, should it be 0?

So you're on 3 sensitivity which IMO is a great mid point between speed vs. accuracy. Your on 5 accel which means when you move your stick it only takes (complete guess) .5 seconds for all the acceleration to happen. From there on out its the same speed with no ramping up. So when you make little movements (switching aim from 1 guy to 1 next to him.) its very precise since your on 3 sense and since its a small movement acceleration has no time to ramp up. But at the same time when you looking for people/watching your back the 5 accel makes the aim feel VERY responsive and snappy. When im in gunfights it feels like im on 3 with great aim, when Im running around looking for the other team it feels like im on 5-6.

0 inner deadzone so there minimum deadzone which IMO was the main contributor to the aiming feeling bad. H5 felt like it had crazy amounts of input lag to me, this completely changes how the who game feels. I can suddenly keep up with everyone sprinting/thursting around at mach 5. outer at 15% becuase its the opposite of inner, if you want 0 deadzone the outside should be at 15. It even says it in the menus. inner-the higher the setting the more input needed outer-the higher the setting the less input needed.

Deadzones were put in so peoples controller wouldn't move their reticle/to prevent slow turn. So if you have a solid controller all that happens is its less responsive. Some people notice it some people don't hence the "omg aiming is literally awful" and "it feels fine to me" we saw.

Everyone is different but this works so well for me.

Nowise10

I have't played any Slayer matches yet in the January 2016 Divisions, and I kind of want to get ranked bronze and then just decimate everyone I get matched up with for the fun of it

is this wrong

Haruko

Some dude on CAG was selling an "Interface Emblem Pack" for 2bucks. According to this post it should've contained one item, an interface emblem, yet oddly it contained the above.

I was rather pleased.

The interface emblem pack always contains these 3, and you can find a code for one included on the 12 Month sub cards for Live that have Chief and Locke on them. They should have text on the outside mentioning the add'l code.

wwm0nkey

I have't played any Slayer matches yet in the January 2016 Divisions, and I kind of want to get ranked bronze and then just decimate everyone I get matched up with for the fun of it

is this wrong
Some people got banned for a bit doing that iirc. Though I think they are going with no kills at all on doubles

BraXzy

I think I'm eternally cursed to be Platinum in SWAT. One match I'll win and move towards the light, next match I get three Gold players that go 3-13.

If I can manage 19-10, please consider keeping me at the same rank at least -.-

In other news, SWAT has gotten a lot more hectic.

They replaced normal breakout with Arena Breakout. Which is one of the best game modes in the game.

One life elimination game types shouldn't be anywhere near the vanilla playlist for this game imo. It'd be cool if CTF had its own playlist like breakout does, but it doesn't, so I shouldn't have to cross my fingers hoping to chance upon the standard objective gametype since Halo's inception.

Trup1aya

The outer deadline determines how far towards the edge you need to move your joystick before the game registers that you've pegged it.

The larger your outer dead zone, the sooner the game will register that you've reached the outer edge. This would essentially allow you to quick turn without moving your sticks to the outer limits.

The lower your outer deadzone, the more granular control you'd have over your reticule, as you'd be using a larger portion of the sticks operating range... To me this is preferable, because if I want to quick turn, I'll just Peg the stick.

Karl2177

Why is the game so broken right now? If I'm lucky enough to get into a lobby, I have to quit the game to let me leave the Intermission periods.

BraXzy

Why is the game so broken right now? If I'm lucky enough to get into a lobby, I have to quit the game to let me leave the Intermission periods.

Halo is Dad.

It's really struggling to get me into games. Maybe it's a sign I should a) play something else or b) Forge some more.

Trup1aya

One life elimination game types shouldn't be anywhere near the vanilla playlist for this game imo. It'd be cool if CTF had its own playlist like breakout does, but it doesn't, so I shouldn't have to cross my fingers hoping to chance upon the standard objective gametype since Halo's inception.

I gotta disagree... Arena breakout is a refreshing new objective gametype and deserves a spot in the only objective playlist we have.

Detective

Never in my entire life have I been so mad and frustrated with a game. I used to get a away from other games that preformed bad and play Halo to relax. I was about to break the Halo console . I've smoked cigarettes so much today and been so angry and mad.

lol...Halo is gonna kill me .

I think I'm eternally cursed to be Platinum in SWAT. One match I'll win and move towards the light, next match I get three Gold players that go 3-13.

If I can manage 19-10, please consider keeping me at the same rank at least -.-

In other news, SWAT has gotten a lot more hectic.
I took the same exact pic to post, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom