• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

When you come back, there will be 3 content updates waiting for you to enjoy! sorry about the dl wait tho...
New content will be nice but I'll pretty much be a noob again at that point. I might connect weekly though just to open my free REQ packs and see if I get anything cool. I think I still have another four weeks left, from when I redeemed them?

The explanation for outer deadzone doesn't make any sense.

Deadzones exist to minimize the "drift" or "slow turn" that occurs with worn/faulty hardware. If your controller is perfect, deadzones are not necessary.

You're misunderstanding...

what you described refers only to the inner deadzones (to avoid drift), however the outer deadzones are designed to get you to the pegged state (fast turn) sooner - allowing you to peg without quite as much thumb movement / effort.

hence why some people might really enjoy having a generous outer deadzone.

not sure if I explained any of that any better - but does that makes any more sense?

my fingers are messed from years of piano, cooking, and home renovations - so I've been on a 0 inner, and bigger outer deadzone and my tendons have been much happier.

Good to see they're working on it. I can imagine there aren't many folks in with it being the holidays, I think someone I spoke to said a lot are on holiday till start of Jan?

Fingers crossed its sorted out soon anyhow, wouldn't want Christmas giftees to get a bad first impression :3

Gosh, I hope so.

Can't imagine how wrecked they must already be from pushing this wonderful baby out the door so recently.

(Not to mention the constant work they've been putting in since!)

link1201

New update from Bravo on reddit
edit 2 (1:19 PM PT): The team has made some changes to service configuration, and you should start to see improvements rather soon - hard resetting your console (holding down the power button to properly power cycle the console) should help you connect to the updated services immediately. Let us know if issues persist through the afternoon. Thanks everyone.

E92 M3

People are buying Halo 5 with knowledge that MCC was a complete disaster and for new players to turn on the game and have the servers be broken is unacceptable. We don't have the luxury of pissing off portions of the community.

I'm willing to wait, but how many will just not return the game or play something else?

I want everyone to enjoy Halo 5 for what it is.

BraXzy

Servers are definitely more stable teamed up with some peeps in Breakout and we've played a dozen games in a row, no issues.

Computer

I would really like to see new bosses added to future warzone maps. Enough with the Warden already. I would love to see a scarab boss battle. Also would love to see an air transport vehicle that can hold 4 or 5 players.

I just got that cool Spartan Laser that does damage with its targeting laser out of a rare random weapon req. I only killed one player with the thing but I loved every second of harassing other players with that cheeky targeting laser. Too bad it's legendary :(

Hey guys I just came home from a mall and I also went to a Walmart where I saw this
the new Halo Mega Blocks toys now give you free REQ packs for Halo 5 Guardians
WHmmqJ2.jpg

Detective

I've been so angry lately because of the lag and what not, But this kill made my day. :D

I've spent all my time almost in warzone, But I will start playing arena, slayer etc . From now on. Played it to little.

Little rusty there cuz it actually feels different than warzone.

What do you guys think of this sniper kill :-D

Not as good as yours am sure, but it really made my day lol.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LEWAA 10/video/13531887

BraXzy

i am literally the worst person on the planet

Hard to argue with facts but I could try.

In other news, the slow but sure grind of packs is starting to pay off! I got two legendaries in my last gold pack, one of which being the smexy gold and black DMR skin.

Warxard

Banned
My first night of playing Halo Breakout with my Gears of War team. After weeks of them saying 'oh it won't be the same as Gears it won't be the same' I got these cats asking for more pubstomps.

Thanks for Breakout 343.

79d84a6f-1b77-47ee-b044-8f11c61657ce.jpg

• Elite Controller (finally!)
  • Copy of Halo 5 (Free with Elite Controller, not sure what to do with it)
  • Controller-shaped soap (Mountain Dew scented, from fiance)
  • BoomCo Needler (going to paint to be a Hailstorm Needler, from fiance)

Needler is huge!

BraXzy

Needler is huge!

Niiiiiiice. That needler looks dope. I need me one of those.

With the Elite controller, can confirm that you will be on a pro team within the month or money back.

You're misunderstanding...

what you described refers only to the inner deadzones (to avoid drift), however the outer deadzones are designed to get you to the pegged state (fast turn) sooner - allowing you to peg without quite as much thumb movement / effort.

hence why some people might really enjoy having a generous outer deadzone.

not sure if I explained any of that any better - but does that makes any more sense?

my fingers are messed from years of piano, cooking, and home renovations - so I've been on a 0 inner, and bigger outer deadzone and my tendons have been much happier.

I'm not really misunderstanding... you're leveraging outer deadzone to accomplish a weird, arguably unnecessary goal :p

The only time you should be in the pegged state is when the stick is actually against the edge; making the pegged state occur before the edge lowers your aiming resolution, i.e. if the outer deadzone at 100% you're essentially using a keyboard to aim instead of a stick.

You're welcome to do you, but I think it's bad advice for anyone with normal, working thumbs.

TCKaos

Needler is huge!

Return the physical copy to Walmart and use the money to buy the Boomco Pistol to go with your Needler. It just feels so right to hold and shoots very very well.

I kinda wish there would be Magnum weapon skins that make them look like the red and blue Boomco blasters.

Zocano

Just finished the campaign. Not sure what to think. I think it's a definite step up from Halo 4 and I'd probably put it above Reach but none of its highs are close to Halo 3.

Also I was prepared to dislike the Warden fights based on how many people were bitching about them but I enjoyed every single one. Lots of movement was encouraged and they go down pretty quick when you actually get the back hits.

I miss the more quiet moments from the original trilogy though.

Just finished the campaign. Not sure what to think. I think it's a definite step up from Halo 4 and I'd probably put it above Reach but none of its highs are close to Halo 3.

Also I was prepared to dislike the Warden fights based on how many people were bitching about them but I enjoyed every single one. Lots of movement was encouraged and they go down pretty quick when you actually get the back hits.

I miss the more quiet moments from the original trilogy though.

Obvious Heroic playthrough is obvious

Heysoos

Playing a Warzone match and almost no one in my team can change their loadouts, we're all getting RETRIEVING DATA, while the enemy team can clearly use req items

unsurprisingly we got completely wrecked.

Return the physical copy to Walmart and use the money to buy the Boomco Pistol to go with your Needler. It just feels so right to hold and shoots very very well.

I kinda wish there would be Magnum weapon skins that make them look like the red and blue Boomco blasters.

Hm, yeah I already thought about that actually, going to take it " "back" " tomorrow.

Niiiiiiice. That needler looks dope. I need me one of those.

With the Elite controller, can confirm that you will be on a pro team within the month or money back.

It's pretty cool, sort of strange it's not actually automatic like some of the battery-powered nerf guns.

Probably not, all my Halo skill apparently leached out while playing Warzone.

It's pretty neat, they obviously straight-up used an actual 360 controller for the original mod, it has the headset port and everything. Plus, who doesn't want to smell like Mountain Dew Liquid Beverage Product (tm)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom