• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can confirm that outer dead zone is best at 15%. Initially, I thought 0% was best based on how they worded it in that Waypoint article, but testing it results in the opposite, which is more in line with how it's described ingame.

It reaches max turn speed slightly sooner than at 0%, meaning you don't need to push the joystick all the way against the edge.

My settings:
10 sens
5 acc
0% inner
15% outer​

Careful with this post, you might actually educate digital limit.

Ghazi

Can confirm that outer dead zone is best at 15%. Initially, I thought 0% was best based on how they worded it in that Waypoint article, but testing it results in the opposite, which is more in line with how it's described ingame.

It reaches max turn speed slightly sooner than at 0%, meaning you don't need to push the joystick all the way against the edge.

My settings:
10 sens
5 acc
0% inner
15% outer​

10 sensititvity? Can you even do finer aiming with those settings? Seems like the slightest nudge would spin your view around completely.

My settings:
10 sens
5 acc
0% inner
15% outer​

I'm using either this or the 6-2-3-6 setup most of the time. Sometimes alternating between matches.

Glass

Before now all my placements have seemed fair. Felt good from going from silver/gold in pre season to getting Platinum placements a couple of months later. I just finished my 10 games of Breakout, and got Bronze 5. I wasn't paying attention and thought I'd gotten Gold 5; I was hoping to place into Platinum so I thought fair enough. Then I ranked up... to silver, and realised I'd been placed in Bronze. No wonder I'd been running circles around people all night. Very weird.

10 sensititvity? Can you even do finer aiming with those settings? Seems like the slightest nudge would spin your view around completely.
It feels good once you get used to it and it's not as difficult as you may think. I've seen some people mess around with 10 sensitivity and actually stick with it, sometimes deciding that 7-10 is their sweet spot over 2-5.

Detective

I've never quit a game until now. I have never been this fucking mad. Am about to ask a refund for this game if it's not fixed.

What is this a joke ? Am I dreaming or what?

Seriously am about to lose it.

Raide

Dude your map creeps the shit out of me. Somehow you nailed atmosphere, haha. Nice work!

I am still playing with the lighting, fog etc to list fairly basic maps. Many of mine are fairly simple geometry wise, so I need to do something to make them stand out a little more.

:D

Ghazi

It feels good once you get used to it and it's not as difficult as you may think. I've seen some people mess around with 10 sensitivity and actually stick with it, sometimes deciding that 7-10 is their sweet spot over 2-5.
I've played on 10 in both 4 and 5, that high sensitivity w/ high acceleration and larger outer dead zone makes it difficult for me to imagine making finer movements. In a game without much aim assist, that's a necessity. I'm not saying it's wrong, just curious. I'll have to give it a try later tonight.

Nutter

Sanctuary-Shrine Remake

Made several updates and now its pretty much what I want out of the map.

http://www.forgehub.com/maps/sacelium.984/

Profile: TJ NutterB
Map: Sacelium

Updates:

- No longer at Night Time [Day time just works better]
- Initial spawn area for both bases is no longer visible on base ramps
- Doors have been arched to appropriate sizes
- Ring 1 has now has a small nook to hide behind just like sanctuary/shrine
- Sight lines from Ring 2 fixed
- Bases ceiling lowered to better fit with spartan sizes
- Got rid of previous human theme (hotel) now have trees with invisible blockers
- Reduced the Light objects, due to map moving over to day light

Raide

Sanctuary-Shrine Remake

Made several updates and now its pretty much what I want out of the map.

http://www.forgehub.com/maps/sacelium.984/

Profile: TJ NutterB
Map: Sacelium

Updates:

- No longer at Night Time [Day time just works better]
- Initial spawn area for both bases is no longer visible on base ramps
- Doors have been arched to appropriate sizes
- Ring 1 has now has a small nook to hide behind just like sanctuary/shrine
- Sight lines from Ring 2 fixed
- Bases ceiling lowered to better fit with spartan sizes
- Got rid of previous human theme (hotel) now have trees with invisible blockers
- Reduced the Light objects, due to map moving over to day light

I would probably add a touch of fog or snow effects. Also if you Blue Process the map, it adds to the coldness factor if you want to go for a really winter feel.

Looking really nice.

I've never quit a game until now. I have never been this fucking mad. Am about to ask a refund for this game if it's not fixed.

What is this a joke ? Am I dreaming or what?

Seriously am about to lose it.

What, lag?

Seriously I've been a rubber band Spartan since yesterday - went back to Titanfall on PC until it's fixed.

im not lagging but hit detection seems off compared to the first week of the latest update.

i managed to essentially win every game from diamond 4(placement rank) to onyx 1750 in team arena, but since then, its back to pre update team arena. inconsistent shot registration and quite frequently getting 3 shotted or shot once behind an object.

whoever lives near host dominates most games.

Woo finally back.

Overgrowth might be the worst map in Halo history. It is just so bad. I've never had one iota of fun on that map. Needs to be Orioned immediately.

Detective

What, lag?

Seriously I've been a rubber band Spartan since yesterday - went back to Titanfall on PC until it's fixed.

Am about to give up on everything gaming..

im not lagging but hit detection seems off compared to the first week of the latest update.

i managed to essentially win every game from diamond 4(placement rank) to onyx 1750 in team arena, but since then, its back to pre update team arena. inconsistent shot registration and quite frequently getting 3 shotted or shot once behind an object.

Lag, teleporting, people won't die from a sniper headshot . Like my shots won't register or something. Crap.

Madness

Orion should be back in, don't know what's going on, I didn't really like the map, but that's because I kept playing it over and over and especially on SWAT it sucked.

It's a Forge map, what's taking so long to change what they wanted to? This is probably where community cartographers can come in again, they'd be more than willing to be given a list of what the devs want changed on the map, and then the devs take what's been worked on and tweak slightly to what they're happy with and put it back in rotation.

which is strange to me, as I don't experience this on Titanfall (which is azure right?)

BraXzy

Jesus. Played against a guy twice in Breakout, both times he broke out of the maps. First on Gambol, second time on Altitude. So God damn annoying.

Gonna go find the two clips in theatre.

mo60

Jesus. Played against a guy twice in Breakout, both times he broke out of the maps. First on Gambol, second time on Altitude. So God damn annoying.

Gonna go find the two clips in theatre.

When that guy broke out the map in both of those matches did it make it easier for his team to win those matches.

BraXzy

When that guy broke out the map in both of those matches did it make it easier for his team to win those matches.

In at least one round yes, his buddy hid at their flag cap and he was out the map watching it so we were pretty screwed. Never seen this done before.

Clips have been recorded, will post when they get onto XboxDVR.

Madness

997 score, rare boost, and then at end, somehow my wraith hit counts as damage when teammates died by a grenade and I get returned to lobby for betraying. Wtf is that? 2 accidental betrayal counts as automatic boot? Does the game not take into account how it happened or why? 3 enemy Spartans around, etc.

I MUCH prefer koth to strongholds. It's true strongholds can have some epic comebacks. But I just hate how when you cap 2 points it turns into camp these 2 spots as hard as possible. koth moves and requires actual movement and coordination.

BraXzy

I might just considering having my GAF handle changed but then it's like losing my identity

Yeah that's how I feel, don't want to change this handle and on Steam and anywhere else I have an account.

I'm fine with having an extra y, but I'd much prefer the proper thang.

Yeah that's how I feel, don't want to change this handle and on Steam and anywhere else I have an account.

I'm fine with having an extra y, but I'd much prefer the proper thang.

I'm kinda happy I didn't have to go through that. Managed to grab "Convas" on Xbox and Playstation, but somehow, someone had it on Steam.

RAGE

So, I settled for Ricky Ricardo; which I really like, but I'm not sure I could change everything to it :(

Defect

I love this game.

YiPZ47G.jpg

BraXzy

Damn Defect, carry me to Onyx in Slayer? I'm Diamond 6.

Also, anyone down for customs? Gonna try and get some HaloGAF customs on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom