• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

Champion in only one playlist? Lol

Git gud

Edit: These are the ranks of a TRUE Halo elite master.
ZJUlvwa.png
I lost my Doubles Champion due to not playing :p

I love how SWAT placements are so borked right now, that top 100 Champ is only 56 CSR higher than base Onyx.

Impressive as hell though! I wanna grind all onyx.
I was placed in platinum for swat and holy hell was the grind to Onyx excruciating. All those sweaty matches...

BraXzy

TY to everyone who turned up for HaloGAF customs, that was a lot of fun! We even had someone from 343 in the lobby for a few games.

Still running into customs issues unfortunately. Sometimes when I select a gametype, it doesn't register, so people can't set up teams etc. But when you boot it up it changes to what it should be.

For next customs ima try and find more game modes and stuff for us :D

Madness

Sounds like he's hasn't played the multiplayer, at all, tbh...

Christmas money ruined Warzone, confirmed? Or is he just genuinely terrible?

I don't even know who these guys are. Just because they have a channel, their opinions are given such great weight for some reason.

I don't think I can enjoy this game anymore.

If I play Arena, I'm going to get my ass handed to me on a plate by teams consisting of full parties, while the game matches me with folks who are in separate parties and refuse to switch to game chat to communicate (so we're predictably slaughtered). That, or it'll be a match on Overgrowth, which is the Halo map equivalent of a tumor. I was looking forward to this game so much, but Arena always puts me against players far better than me, on full teams, or puts me on teams full of mutes (or folks in parties who refuse to communicate despite being ranked Diamond).

Worse yet, I can only play solo, because none of my friends can match with me; they'll be slaughtered by players leagues beyond their skill level. We all thought Social playlists would alleviate that, but it still uses MMR, so they still wind up against extremely good teams while potshots are made at them.

Winning isn't everything, I still enjoy the game when on the receiving end of a floggen.

Play ffa, warzone or find people to play with.

Im a lone wolf, don't care if I get matched up with noobs (im not amazing anyway), just hate it when there's a greifer on my side

Ghazi

Sounds like he's hasn't played the multiplayer, at all, tbh...

Christmas money ruined Warzone, confirmed? Or is he just genuinely terrible?

I don't even know who these guys are. Just because they have a channel, their opinions are given such great weight for some reason.
As someone who has watched his live streams and videos, DSP is either a whiny twelve year old with a channel or a massive troll. Don't take what he says with any serious consideration.

I just made it to the ninth mission, solo on normal difficulty. So far, I'm not sure of what to really think.

The first part of the campaign was really dull, and it wasn't until mission 7 that it really started to improve. The next mission was alright, but it hasn't been anything special whatsoever.

The levels are too open, and there's enemies everywhere, who can overpower you in groups and sometimes one-shot you. It can be annoying.

It feels as if the game has ADD.

The multiplayer is pretty fun and polished, but it's Halo. A series I've never been able to fall in love with despite trying and being a big fan of shooters.

Trup1aya

I just made it to the ninth mission, solo on normal difficulty. So far, I'm not sure of what to really think.

The first part of the campaign was really dull, and it wasn't until mission 7 that it really started to improve. The next mission was alright, but it hasn't been anything special whatsoever.

The levels are too open, and there's enemies everywhere, who can overpower you in groups and sometimes one-shot you. It can be annoying.

It feels as if the game has ADD.

The multiplayer is pretty fun and polished, but it's Halo. A series I've never been able to fall in love with despite trying and being a big fan of shooters.

One of the biggest complaints were that the levels weren't open enough, and the enemies were to easy.

Peoples impressions of the campaign are all over the place!

I thought most of the levels were pretty fun. But forerunner enemies are nothing compared to covenant it terms of the enjoyment I get.

Story was terrible

One of the biggest complaints were that the levels weren't open enough, and the enemies were to easy.

Peoples impressions of the campaign are all over the place!

I thought most of the levels were pretty fun. But forerunner enemies are nothing compared to covenant it terms of the enjoyment I get.

Story was terrible

I like more linear, contained shooters, and prefer Call of Duty over Halo. But I always give Halo a shot.

I've completed them all outside of 3, which I got sick of pretty quickly. I still need to finish 5 as well, of course. ODST was likely my favourite, Halo 2 bored me and I liked Halo 4 quite a bit. Reach was fun with friends.

I've picked up almost all of the Halo games, and found that I beat them, play some multiplayer for a week and then I'm done. The games don't hook me, and there's something about Halo that I don't identify with.

The story is convoluted, nonsensical and this one is pretty uninteresting. I hate the Promethean enemies.

Trup1aya

I like more linear, contained shooters, and prefer Call of Duty over Halo. But I always give Halo a shot.

I've completed them all outside of 3, which I got sick of pretty quickly. I still need to finish 5 as well, of course. ODST was likely my favourite, Halo 2 bored me and I liked Halo 4 quite a bit. Reach was fun with friends.

I've picked up almost all of the Halo games, and found that I beat them, play some multiplayer for a week and then I'm done. The games don't hook me, and there's something about Halo that I don't identify with.

The story is convoluted, nonsensical and this one is pretty uninteresting. I hate the Promethean enemies.

The things you hate about halo are what halo fans actually want. So yeah, I don't think you'll ever get it...

Halo isn't for everyone. I imagine most would need a combination of a certain taste for a certain flavor of military sci-fi lore and an appreciation for arena FPS gameplay to really love Halo as a whole.

E92 M3

Yes it is.

I must get champion 1 or I will bring shame upon my family

It's time to commit Sudoku.

If you aint Onyx just sell the game IMO!

I can't quite tell if you're serious or not, but that type of logic is actually common within the Halo community. A community which is not very accepting of new players. Secondly, getting Onyx in team games is very easy if playing with good people. My highest respect goes to people that are Champions in FFA - the most challenging playlist. My goal is to get Champion as well, but that will be fucking hard.

Trup1aya

My goodness...

Now that I actually enjoy Warzone, I must say, having brain dead teamates has become infuriating...

Seriously. the concept of capturing bases to manipulate their spawns is lost on so many people.

E92 M3

My goodness...

Now that I actually enjoy Warzone, I must say, having brain dead teamates has become infuriating...

Seriously. the concept of capturing bases to manipulate their spawns is lost on so many people.

And that's why 343 needs to change the default controls to be better. The common public have no idea about changing settings. Like you said, they can't even capture bases properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom