• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo isn't for everyone. I imagine most would need a combination of a certain taste for a certain flavor of military sci-fi lore and an appreciation for arena FPS gameplay to really love Halo as a whole.

Right. Some people have no patience that the time to kill turns them off too. they want that cod 2-3 shot kill. or just the super quick ttk encounter.

You can have a super quick ttk in halo, if you
git gud :p

E92 M3

yeah the controls are probably the reason they can't do that.

I'm sure the proplayers are at fault for that. DAMN PROTEAM

Yeah, the default controls are problematic and most won't change them to be better - the common public are generally very ignorant to finer settings. Don't know what kind of narrative you're trying to go with; no one was even talking about the pro team.

I am so bad for wanting Halo 5 to be loved by all that play it. I fell in love with the game once they released the controls updates and I'm sure many would as well.

Trup1aya

And that's why 343 needs to change the default controls to be better. The common public have no idea about changing settings. Like you said, they can't even capture bases properly.

I don't think controls have much to do with it... It's just that people have no clue on where to go.

I think a lot may have to do with UI... But it's mostly people generally having no idea what to do to win.

It would be neat if they had a team leader component that would reward addition XP to folks who compete objectives issued by a team leader.

I have no idea how they'd select the leader (Spartan rank, random, highest current score, w/e). But the game would really benefit from a way for experienced players to communicate with less experience players w/o mics.

E92 M3

I don't think controls have much to do with it... It's just that people have no clue on where to go.

I think a lot may have to do with UI... But it's mostly people generally having no idea what to do to win.

It would be neat if they had a team leader component that would reward addition XP to folks who compete objectives issued by a team leader.

I have no idea how they'd select the leader (Spartan rank, random, highest current score, w/e). But the game would really benefit from a way for experienced players to communicate with less experience players w/o mics.

Yeah, I know it's not related, but my point was that people can't even capture the bases. How does 343 expect them to adjust deadzones?

You know what I'm saying?

Trup1aya

Yeah, I know it's not related, but my point was that people can't even capture the bases. How does 343 expect them to adjust deadzones?

You know what I'm saying?

Yeah I see... They probably assumed that by the time the update came out people would have been somewhat accustomed to the default, and forcing a change would be jarring...

E92 M3

Yeah I see... They probably assumed that by the time the update came out people would have been somewhat accustomed to the default, and forcing a change would be jarring...

I honestly think many would be happy, or they could have made a toggle where people can switch between new and old. Nonetheless, I just want Halo to be enjoyed by everyone that buys it and not have to fight the controls.

Especially the Christmas noobs.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, the default controls are problematic and most won't change them to be better - the common public are generally very ignorant to finer settings. Don't know what kind of narrative you're trying to go with; no one was even talking about the pro team.

I am so bad for wanting Halo 5 to be loved by all that play it. I fell in love with the game once they released the controls updates and I'm sure many would as well.

I was just messing with you.

Your wording made it seem like you implied them not being able to change controls is the reason they are bad at warzone.

And the proteam was only brought up because you loved to mention and blame them the first weeks after launch :p

E92 M3

I was just messing with you.

Your wording made it seem like you implied them not being able to change controls is the reason they are bad at warzone.

And the proteam was only brought up because you loved to mention and blame them the first weeks after launch :p

Yeah, wording could have been more clear. And dude, I was bitter as fuck that the game played so bad lol. It's like the pro team took away my baby hahah. That said, couldn't be happier now with the controls and going for champion.

It's funny most of my opponents have such a high SR, while I am only 27. Crazy how far I fell behind.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, wording could have been more clear. And dude, I was bitter as fuck that the game played so bad lol. It's like the pro team took away my baby hahah. That said, couldn't be happier now with the controls and going for champion.

It's funny most of my opponents have such a high SR, while I am only 27. Crazy how far I fell behind.

Haha now imagine being me. Loving the game and especially the new controls, but not being able to play most of the games becuase the servers throw me out almost every second game :)

Got 2 Halo 5 bans today already because of quitting, I never once quitted in the game by intention.
Only the game disconnects Xbox Live is stable.

I wish I could grind for a rank :(

E92 M3

Haha now imagine being me. Loving the game and especially the new controls, but not being able to play most of the games becuase the servers throw me out almost every second game :)

Got 2 Halo 5 bans today already because of quitting, I never once quitted in the game by intention.
Only the game disconnects Xbox Live is stable.

I wish I could grind for a rank :(

That sounds horrible. I thought they were addressing the server issues for Europeans?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I keep trying new settings but end up going back to h5 default because of aiming issues. Not sure its actually better settings (for me) or just a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks though.

To clarify I have adjusted deadzones, its acceleration which I'm leaving be.

jem0208

Just had a Strongholds game on empire where we we losing 61-0.

We got control and brought it to 93-65.

Only to promptly lose 100-93.

God damn it's such a good mode.

malfcn

Sounds like he's hasn't played the multiplayer, at all, tbh...

Christmas money ruined Warzone, confirmed? Or is he just genuinely terrible?

Well I regret giving that guy a view. What horseshit.

Did he actually even play the game? Haven't seen any classes in arena yet...

He said he was a big mp fan, but was clueless. Didn't know the maps, the modes or the system. He frequently runs his mouth about reviewers that don't know what they are taking about, even though he does the same thing.

BraXzy

Quoted for new page, never seen this done or mentioned before.

Here are the clips of people breaking out of Breakout maps

Breaking out of Gambol:

1st person: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BraXzyy/video/13555321
3rd person: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BraXzyy/video/13555328

Breaking out of Altitude:

1st person: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BraXzyy/video/13555333
3rd person: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BraXzyy/video/13555336

Some glitches and tricks are cool, but these are just cheating and ruin the game :3

Ont

I have love and hate relationship with this game.

Arena is the best multiplayer experience right now on the consoles.

But being occasionally forced to play on American servers is frustrating as hell. Not being able to play within your own region is a massive issue that needs to be addressed. As far as I know, 343 has not even commented the EU dedicated server issue.

Imagine what would happen if you would tell European CS:GO/Quake 3 players that they need to play every third game on American servers with 150+ ping. Yet this is what the European Halo 5 players experience every day.

jem0208

Is there actually a European dedicated server issue?

I very rarely find myself with a laggy game. Even last night at 3am the connection was fairly solid for most games.

Strider

Why not just upload the clips when you think it's lag/latency.

I've yet to see a clip that proves to me it's actually a big issue of EU players on US servers. Like where shots are obviously just flat out not registering... The only interesting clip I've seen was someone posting a 6 shot "perfect" kill with a pistol but I noticed that happens to me sometimes too. The game registers the shot, the enemy flinches like they take damage, but yet they don't... It's weird. But it's not a "shit I'm a disadvantaged EU player" thing.

Ont

Is there actually a European dedicated server issue?

I very rarely find myself with a laggy game. Even last night at 3am the connection was fairly solid for most games.

There is no visible lag, which is why most of the players don't notice it. If they get steamrolled by American players on American servers they probably blame themselves for playing badly. The problem is that those American players had a ping advantage, which is not fair and it really sucks when you are trying to rank up.

You can notice the delay in your grenade throw animation, headshotting someone might require five shots instead of two, or somehow your enemy escapes what looked like a clear splinter grenade kill on your screen. Once you become aware of this, it is hard not to notice the much higher latency.

For a game that was created for competition, not being able to lock your server region (like in Titanfall) is a massive issue. Because of my PC gaming roots seeing something like this makes me want to vomit.

Detective

There is no visible lag, which is why most of the players don't notice it. If they get steamrolled by American players on American servers they probably blame themselves for playing badly. The problem is that those American players had a ping advantage, which is not fair and it really sucks when you are trying to rank up.

You can notice the delay in your grenade throw animation, headshotting someone might require five shots instead of two, or somehow your enemy escapes what looked like a clear splinter grenade kill on your screen. Once you become aware of this, it is hard not to notice the much higher latency.

For a game that was created for competition, not being able to lock your server region (like in Titanfall) is a massive issue. Because of my PC gaming roots, seeing something like this makes me want to vomit.

That's it. Thank god someone notice it .

The problem is the game wasn't like that at launch and two weeks after.

jem0208

For a game that was created for competition, not being able to lock your server region (like in Titanfall) is a massive issue. Because of my PC gaming roots seeing something like this makes me want to vomit.

Believe me, I know what latency feels like. I've played many shooters on many shitty connections. H5 is far better than most.

Trup1aya

That first reply on twitter......

Noctus best WZ map

Lol Noctus is an awesome map. People hate it because they are strangely obsessed with the monument...

Even though the garages offer better access to the bosses... And are both fair game at mission start.

BraXzy

I've not played enough Noctus to really say one way or the other, but Jesus the amount of hate and trolling on Twitter for just about anything is ridiculous.

It's so odd, its not even like its anonymous unless you just have a random Twitter account. The internet will always be a crazy place.

Ont

Believe me, I know what latency feels like. I've played many shooters on many shitty connections. H5 is far better than most.

I think you mean many console shooters because only on consoles something like this would be acceptable. The main selling point of Xbox One, Titanfall and Halo 5 was the dedicated server support. This brings console gaming closer to the standards of PC gaming where the local dedicated servers have been a must since Quakeworld which was released in 1998.

When I am playing Halo 5 in my own region it works flawlessly, it is a very smooth experience and I have no complaints about the Halo 5 netcode.

For me the game is not unplayable or noticeably laggy when I am playing on American servers, there is probably a fair amount of lag compensation there which makes it less noticeable. But it is still unfair against the European players and the ping disadvantage is an actual issue in a higher level play. If you have two equally skilled players from two different regions, the player who gets to play on a local server will always win.

Detective

Why not just upload the clips when you think it's lag/latency.

I've yet to see a clip that proves to me it's actually a big issue of EU players on US servers. Like where shots are obviously just flat out not registering... The only interesting clip I've seen was someone posting a 6 shot "perfect" kill with a pistol but I noticed that happens to me sometimes too. The game registers the shot, the enemy flinches like they take damage, but yet they don't... It's weird. But it's not a "shit I'm a disadvantaged EU player" thing.

That's just one type of lag Strider
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LEWAA 10/video/13565036

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom