• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreu

EXACTLY. 343 comes off as totally clueless. I'm fine with playing Destiny instead of this steaming pile of a Halo game. I'll also go back to Reach when it's available on X1 next month.

On your point in the grand scheme of things it does not matter join a party the audio quality is better.

Lol how are the clueless what the hell are you talking about?

And the hyperbole is just off the charts here man.
c'mon son do better.

Yeah! watched the sprint. now im sad that there wont be some for a long time :(((...
Hopefully the Decemeber update is a boatload of 'content' that includes free voice packs ;)

john
fred
linda
kelly
locke
buck
mshak
vale
tanaka
warden eternal
exuberent

maybe a few ai's like BB and
fero

Fuck. Up to the second warden fight and it's even harder than the first. How are they all meant to be done on legendary? This is worse than WaW on Veteran.

It's really not that difficult. Clear the area around the entrance to the arena. Stay at a distance and ping him with light rifles and other precision weapons, there's plenty of ammo lying around. Eventually he dies. The first one is the hardest one on Legendary since the arena is so small.

I think Warzone voice packs would be cool. Pop a 'Voice Pack' section into the Spartan ID section of the CUSTOMIZATION menu pillar and add some voice packs to the REQ system. Palmer is the default voice pack as you'd expect, but here are some ideas:

• Dr. Halsey Voice Pack (Rare)
  • Roland Voice Pack (Uncommon)
  • Fred Voice Pack (Rare)
  • Spartan Locke Voice Pack (Ultra Rare)
  • Master Chief Voice Pack (Legendary)
  • Arbiter Voice Pack (Ultra Rare)
  • Cortana Voice Pack (Legendary Mythic)

Make it happen Stinkles!

Fuchsdh

Fuck. Up to the second warden fight and it's even harder than the first. How are they all meant to be done on legendary? This is worse than WaW on Veteran.

It's basically:

*Find a piece of cover to hide behind. Make sure you're far enough away his homing ball 1HK can't kill you through it.

*Kill the random soldiers and crawlers that will try and flank you.

*Pelt the dude's face with whatever power weapons you have.

*Pelt the dude's face with whatever ammo the crawlers trying to flank you bring you.

*Repeat until he's dead.

Equipping your allies with power weapons to pepper him with helps too, although telling them to direct fire at him usually resulted in them all getting killed.

The biggest issue I had was not the Wardens themselves (because they're fairly content to pelt/get pelted from afar, so as long as you don't trigger him to run after you and melee you're fine) but things like Knights overrunning your protected position.

Trup1aya

I think Warzone voice packs would be cool. Pop a 'Voice Pack' section into the Spartan ID section of the CUSTOMIZATION menu pillar and add some voice packs to the REQ system. Palmer is the default voice pack as you'd expect, but here are some ideas:

• Fred Voice Pack (Rare)

Make it happen Stinkles!

All I'd want is M'shak and BB. I'd need them announcing my medals in Arena too.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Just got an Xbox live message thanking me for playing halo 5. Got a req pack code including the teishen raikou armor set.

Thanks 343!

Fuchsdh

All I'd want is M'shak and BB. I'd need them announcing my medals in Arena too.

M'sham would only be acceptable if he randomly gave his "why are there grenades under my bed" line whenever you chucked one.

Honestly I'd love for a kind of humorous multiplayer announcer (M'shak, BB, or Roland). I love the Rick & Morty announcer pack in Dota 2, even if I don't like the show that much.

Kalentan

• Fred Voice Pack (Rare)

Make it happen Stinkles!

031 Exuberant Witness Voice Pack (Ultra Legendary Mythic)

;)

Everyone wants it.

I've given up trying to figure out the logic behind how 343i communicates. It's maddening really.

It really is ridiculous. They announce that something is coming and then leave the timeframe and all corresponding information a complete mystery. Don't even get me started on how inept they seem to be in regards to glaring issues that players are having. I understand that they don't want to say something without concrete information on their end, but they should just keep their lips closed until they can tell the whole story. They do more harm than good with their current strategy.

Caja 117

I really dont feel motivated to play in the weekend playlist, They are good playlist, but Playing something for 2 days and then to be gone is not something that interest me.

It really is ridiculous. They announce that something is coming and then leave the timeframe and all corresponding information a complete mystery. Don't even get me started on how inept they seem to be in regards to glaring issues that players are having. I understand that they don't want to say something without concrete information on their end, but they should just keep their lips closed until they can tell the whole story. They do more harm than good with their current strategy.

We... do have a timeframe?

This week.

That's a timeframe, right there.

BR starts in BTB would honestly be too crazy and people would die way too fast.

This is how I feel about BR starts in every mode. In a way, yes, it does take more skill to do well in BR starts, but sometimes you just spawn and immediately die over and over to BRs from across the map and it's fucking infuriating and that is why I prefer AR starts in most Halo games.

I'm sorry, what? They have said it's coming the week of November 16th for at least a week and a half by now, that is a 5-day timeframe. And then Frank says it's not today, which limits it to Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. If it really maddens you that you don't know which of the three days the update comes out on, I don't know what to tell you. Bravo said he would announce the official date once they know for sure it's ready to launch.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
We... do have a timeframe?

This week.

That's a timeframe, right there.

It's entirely reasonable to expect a studio like 343 to be able to provide a specific release date in advance and stick to it.

One week mystery windows with suggested twitter watching is about as far removed from some people's expectations as possible.

Leyasu

Banned
This is how I feel about BR starts in every mode. In a way, yes, it does take more skill to do well in BR starts, but sometimes you just spawn and immediately die over and over to BRs from across the map and it's fucking infuriating and that is why I prefer AR starts in most Halo games.

I dont even think about AR/pistol starts anymore. It plays so well with both, that I dont mind facing people before I have changed my weapons.

It's entirely reasonable to expect a studio like 343 to be able to provide a specific release date in advance and stick to it.

One week mystery windows with suggested twitter watching is about as far removed from some people's expectations as possible.

Yeah, but when it is this close and they still don't give a date it makes it look like they don't have a clue.

Ehhh... I guess. From their perspective it's probably better to stay vague and not disappoint people by giving a deadline they end up not meeting for some reason. Personally, it just doesn't bother me; it's coming this week, and that's good enough.

I dont even think about AR/pistol starts anymore. It plays so well with both, that I dont mind facing people before I have changed my weapons.

Yeah. First Halo game since CE without loadout weapon issues? Probably.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Also I can't believe I'm saying this but.... I hope BTB is AR-Pistol starts

+1

BR's and long range weapons should be treated as power weapons.

Then again, some folks will bitch if they don't have a BR.

disappoint people by giving a deadline they end up not meeting

It's hard to imagine a now mature first party studio not have anything other than full control over their pipelines that they can't even put out a release date for heavily scheduled content.

I mean, players should give any dev stick for announcing content, detailing it, then playing coy with a release date.

Tawpgun

I actually wouldn't mind if arena was BR starts. Sometimes I get frustrated the pistol doesn't have more bullets. It's almost impossible to kill 2 people before a reload unless you are perfect both times. With utility starting weapons in other halod you can kill 3 if your're perfect leaving ample room for 2.

But it would be a shitshow in BTB.

VinFTW

Pretty boring sprint episode tbh

Also I can't believe I'm saying this but.... I hope BTB is AR-Pistol starts

Agreed about The Sprint episode. Weakest so far :/

Also, why can't you believe it? Plays well in Warzone. I agree with you on AR/Pistol starts.

I actually wouldn't mind if arena was BR starts. Sometimes I get frustrated the pistol doesn't have more bullets. It's almost impossible to kill 2 people before a reload unless you are perfect both times. With utility starting weapons in other halod you can kill 3 if your're perfect leaving ample room for 2.

But it would be a shitshow in BTB.

Add 2 more bullets to the pistol clip would help. OR, make it 4sk (outlandish, I know).

And yes, BR in BtB would be like DMR in H4 BtB all over again.

BraXzy

Agreed about The Sprint episode. Weakest so far :/

It was a nice little wrap up but I was hoping for more juicy stuff that happened just after the game launched and some reaction to fan feedback. But then again, so much of it is so negative and unconstructive I'm not surprised.

Was great to see some of the chats between lead designers and some of the thoughts and how things came to be.

VinFTW

It was a nice little wrap up but I was hoping for more juicy stuff that happened just after the game launched and some reaction to fan feedback. But then again, so much of it is so negative and unconstructive I'm not surprised.

Was great to see some of the chats between lead designers and some of the thoughts and how things came to be.

Weakest so far =/= bad :p

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as juicy as I would want for the final one.

Here's hoping more Sprint episodes come later on.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If there is more than 2 DMR's on the map , BTB will be dead again...I still have nighmares about Halo 4 DMR on ragranok...

The Pistol/AR combo is versatile enough to bring into BTB. Halo 4 and Reach demonstrated pretty clearly how thoroughly long range weapons discrete the Halo sandbox.

Yeah! watched the sprint. now im sad that there wont be some for a long time :(((...
Hopefully the Decemeber update is a boatload of 'content' that includes free voice packs ;)

john
fred
linda
kelly
locke
buck
mshak
vale
tanaka
warden eternal
exuberent

maybe a few ai's like BB and
fero

I could go for a ReclaimerHub voice pack

"HEY, NICE ASS, SPARTAN"
*killsteal* "THANKS FOR THE ASSIST"
"pooping on kids at pink lift"
"Remember when these were Halo maps?"

That was a really 'nice' episode of The Sprint.

After 4 and the MCC the pressure they must have been under to ship a game worthy of the Halo name and in a stable working capacity must have been immense. They did it though, so congrats to all at 343i.

It was really good to hear Josh talk about supporting the game for the foreseeable and really exciting hearing Frankie and the writers talk about where the story goes next. There's still lots of questions that need answers though.

What kind of state Halo will be in one year from now? Healthy population and community? An eSport favourite? What will Warzone, Arena and BTB look and play like? How much of an impact will Forge have?

It's going to be cool seeing how it all goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom