• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Does Xbox One game streaming not support a wired console to a wireless device on the same network? I'm trying to get it to work and the app will not detect the Xbox.

Steam streaming supports this so I'm surprised that Xbox doesn't.

Really wanted to play Halo 5 in a different room =/

It does support it. Make sure both your Xbox and your Xbox app are up to date. Just forewarning, you're probably going to have 1+ second input delay if you do wired => wireless.

Hm. I wonder why I cannot connect to it then. Restarts haven't helped.

To add. My xbox steaming turned into horse crap recently.
Xbox one settings have it as instant-on.
xbox app wont turn on xbox asking me to ensure the xbox is on the same network
i turn on the xbox one and then it connects fine to the xbox app.
there some bugs for sure.

So is BTB out?

From Reddit, Bravo responded:

"Hey all, this was indeed the update knocking at your door. It's eager to get out. Some of you may have seen this prompt due to some backend launch preparations that are now underway from our services and game teams. We’ll give you a heads-up when we’ve got an exact release time for this week!"

I think Bravo is just being safe by saying this week, it's not even noon at the 343 offices and they're already doing prep work. I would expect it later today or tomorrow (I really hope it's today though!)

Gotta love the aim acceleration making you go from a smooth 4 to 10 in an instant, completely whacking your aim. It's so damn hard and irritating when a guy thrusters in close quarters, aim goes completely haywire.

JackHerer

Have they clarified whether or not these Forge maps are part of the 15 free dlc maps yet?

The update said they are already working on more BTB maps and the context makes it seem like those will be Forge maps too.

JackHerer

Quinn said it was coming today, and it's pretty early in the day in 343's timezone. I would bet all of my Ultra Rare Gauss Warthogs that it will release today or tomorrow.

Bravo is just being safe by saying 'this week', he doesn't know precisely when the preparations will be complete and the update will drop.

Sounds like wishful thinking but I hope you are right.

Tawpgun

So when can we expect the triumphant return of Rocket Race?

Anybody?
We would first need actual gametypes.

Hope the forge update is substantial. Not sure if 343 made any comments about adding the old gametypes back and file sharing.

Would be embarrassing that we get another 343 halo game that doesn't Come even close to feature parity with halo 3 or reach

Hope the forge update is substantial. Not sure if 343 made any comments about adding the old gametypes back and file sharing.

Would be embarrassing that we get another 343 halo game that doesn't Come even close to feature parity with halo 3 or reach

Amen.... loved the little bit of H5 i played (little over a 100 mp games) but it's little more than a glorified Beta at the moment compared to past Halo titles. Will be awesome some time in the future i know... but there's not much to do now if you're not a fan of Warzone (barf).

They can keep all the features they want (of the ones that are currently missing) if it means a game as well balanced and fun as Halo 5 :) Especially with the intention to bring most of it back as it would seem they have.

I would be VERY surprised if they put this much effort into Forge without introducing a solid file sharing system.

Matchmaking in this game is a joke. It keeps on matching full teams of 4 against a bunch of random players and then it matches players in Onyx against low level diamonds or even plats because they are in a team.

I'm not the greatest player in the game either but I can hold my own however it seems some people have got into diamond by mistake and are stuck there which now also means you get them on your team against Onyx players. This system seems seriously flawed.

I have been having fun when playing with at least one other good teammate but on my own this game is painful to play matchmaking.

Tawpgun

"Cortana is not evil, she's doing something we don't agree with.
Then why on earth does
she straight up start doing the Glados evil taunting thing at the end of the game?
It's not a particularly well written campaign imo.

The ideas and general ideas are cool but the story and writing don't handle them well

Fuchsdh

Heroic difficulty is piss easy compared to Legendary.

And by the same token more fun, as per the traditional run and gun style of Halo.

Yeah there does seem to be more of a gap, although honestly I dunno if it's because heroic is much easier or Legendary's much harder. After a while the difficulties of each game sort of mush into each other, and I think it becomes more about which sandbox you like most and which game you play the most (witness: the people who say CE is the hardest when I consider it the easiest behind ODST.)

Then why on earth does
she straight up start doing the Glados evil taunting thing at the end of the game?

I assumed
the Domain only partly healed her rampancy since she was so far gone by the time she got access to it.

monome

It's not a particularly well written campaign imo.

The ideas and general ideas are cool but the story and writing don't handle them well
Fast paced shooter aint suited.
Uncharted 3 vs Last of Us situation IMO.
They tried the banter approach with COD moments.
I ll give them that.

BraXzy

Wish I lived in America.

I'd do anything to get the chance to work on Halo 6. Frankie, do you need an international intern? I know you do :3

Tawpgun

Wish I lived in America.

I'd do anything to get the chance to work on Halo 6. Frankie, do you need an international intern? I know you do :3
Considering euro team wiped out 343 pro team you should just drop out and go pro and get hired as the new pro team member

Yeah there does seem to be more of a gap, although honestly I dunno if it's because heroic is much easier or Legendary's much harder. After a while the difficulties of each game sort of mush into each other, and I think it becomes more about which sandbox you like most and which game you play the most (witness: the people who say CE is the hardest when I consider it the easiest behind ODST.)

Heroic feels like Normal difficulty to me. Legendary is about the same as Reach and Halo 4.

BraXzy

Considering euro team wiped out 343 pro team you should just drop out and go pro and get hired as the new pro team member

I played a few games with a pro player yesterday and one of the games I got one kill more than him. I'm pro now. I shall join and lead the team no sweat ;)

Then why on earth does

Because from
her perspective, she's taunting the villains.

Which is a totally above board thing to do.

pieface

I don't understand the hesitation and complete silence from 343 in the way of social playlist. I don't really fancy playing competitively at all, I just want to mess around and practice a bit on the arena maps. You just can't do that in Arena. It makes no sense.

this match has to be overseas, i'm sticking several shots into people and die before they do, one guy was shooting his AR WHILE dashing, that has to be latency

Trup1aya

I don't understand the hesitation and complete silence from 343 in the way of social playlist. I don't really fancy playing competitively at all, I just want to mess around and practice a bit on the arena maps. You just can't do that in Arena. It makes no sense.

I've given up trying to figure out the logic behind how 343i communicates. It's maddening really.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Fuck. Up to the second warden fight and it's even harder than the first. How are they all meant to be done on legendary? This is worse than WaW on Veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom