• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, what? They have said it's coming the week of November 16th for at least a week and a half by now, that is a 5-day timeframe. And then Frank says it's not today, which limits it to Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. If it really maddens you that you don't know which of the three days the update comes out on, I don't know what to tell you. Bravo said he would announce the official date once they know for sure it's ready to launch.

I guess I wasn't clear. It isn't just about the timing for the update, it is their general communication with consumers. I realize that they don't want to give a date in case they miss it, but they should pick a date that gives leeway and stick with it so they have a date instead of constantly stringing us along. The real complaint I have is that they know there are customers with issues across the board and they aren't communicating with them in any direct way that it is or even can be fixed. A couple examples that come to mind are:

Warzone Assault issues with taking the armories ahead of the first plot and forcing spawns
Not being able to choose a spawn location for vehicle reqs from the spawn screen
The rampant network issues people have been having, myself included, whether it's TWC modems or high end Netgear routers

They have mentioned some of these issues in passing, saying that it is being looked into, but we are now two weeks from launch and we have no updates on what is being done if anything even can be done in regards to the network hardware issues. They could be a bit more up front instead of always in a fog with information. It reminds me of back before Halo 2 & 3 when Frankie would tease relentlessly and never really give up the goods like the jerk he is :)

Edit: End of the day, I'd rather have content just drop than be told it's coming without a date. It reminds me of announcing annoucncments.

Also, BTB Breakout would be phenomenal!

link1201

way too many quitters tonight, they leave a few minutes in so I doubt it's connection issues.
I'm convinced that some are not fully backed out of mm when they think they are. This leads to getting booted a few minutes in. It happened to me a few times even got banned for a few minutes until I figured out what was happening. This may not be true for all quitters but I bet it's more than a few.

BraXzy

I got the same. Some good questions in there.

I just filled it out myself. Pretty comprehensive survey, I wonder who puts those together and how much gets taken on board.

I don't understand the hesitation and complete silence from 343 in the way of social playlist. I don't really fancy playing competitively at all, I just want to mess around and practice a bit on the arena maps. You just can't do that in Arena. It makes no sense.

I assume that it isn't that simple in a big studio like 343. Maybe Social has been set to come out next week after BTB. Someone probably assessed everything and said right, lets give Warzone the social spotlight so people have a reason to try out this new, scary mode.

I'm 100% certain people from 343 have seen complaints/requests for social modes. I doubt it's as simple as one guy seeing a post about it and going ooh yeah lets ship it, done. Lead devs who have final say have a discussion about it, decide it needs moving up the schedule but releasing a day or two before BTB might splinter the community up too much. It's all a difficult balancing act I guess, they can't spread the population too thin but they obviously don't want frustrated fans.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have had it at launch. Hopefully it was the right decision and it works out, and we hear something soon.

Leyasu

Banned
God I can't wait for Forge so people can do some crazy combos like that with unique maps.

I'm not really a forger, but I have been toying with idea of making a slayer/objective map in the breakout suite (I was planning on doing a replica on the snow canvas as well). Perhaps change the default spartan starting colours. I'm wondering though if it will be too dark.

I have already started doing some basic designs at work as well. I dont get much time to game, and when I do, I prefer to play so I'll see.

BraXzy

My only real complaint of The Sprint series' is that I just want moar. As is often the case in this day and age :L

Really great inside look, well shot, well edited.. Extremely fun to watch and look forward to over the weeks. Just isn't enough of it. 24/7 stream from inside the studio pls.

Don't you just pick a vehicle card before your respawn is up, and then deploy at the right base? Or, pick the right base, then deploy the card?

If you don't know any better, you choose a vehicle card and it force spawns you at your furthest spawn location where enemies can and many times are camping the vehicle bay waiting to take out enemy spawning vehicles. The only work around is to manually choose the home base and then choose a vehicle to spawn. But how many casual players are really going to figure that out or read about it on a forum? Exactly.

Ocho

Sup guys. Weekly reminder that we have a Discord group where we set up fun events during evenings US time (EU peeps still welcomed). https://discord.gg/0bfhDvCfOJWaIH4D

Discord is an app similar to Slack or IRC, it has several channels to discuss stuff. It has web and mobile versions. Come join the discussion, every day it gets weirder.

arimanius

If you don't know any better, you choose a vehicle card and it force spawns you at your furthest spawn location where enemies can and many times are camping the vehicle bay waiting to take out enemy spawning vehicles. The only work around is to manually choose the home base and then choose a vehicle to spawn. But how many casual players are really going to figure that out or read about it on a forum? Exactly.

I figured it out pretty easy. There's the up and down buttons next to the name that you're going to spawn in. I don't know how 343i could make this any better. Maybe a load screen tip when loading into a warzone?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm not sure if this can be patched in Halo 5, but the command system that the squad leader (Chief or Locke) have in campaign NEEDS to be available for all co-op members to use in Halo 6. Also, a tagging system would be awesome for multiplayer AND the ability to switch weapons with teammates.

Halo 5 does things that make me excited for the future of Halo. It's already very tactical and team-based, but things like what I mentioned above that it already does would make it more so. I also agree that there needs to be a "Lone Wolves" playlist for people without a party (I say remove FFA even, switch it with Lone Wolves, and make FFA a playlist available in it).

Demise

Holy shit, man. SMG's a borderline power weapon, are you nuts?

You must be quite close to make it effective, it's not the same as the SMG from the beta WHO was a borderline power weapon.

I would like the sword to replace the plasma caster on Truth at the top of the map, it really makes a lot more sens to me to have it on the top of the map. Beta Truth was the stuff.

Obscured

My only real complaint of The Sprint series' is that I just want moar. As is often the case in this day and age :L

Really great inside look, well shot, well edited.. Extremely fun to watch and look forward to over the weeks. Just isn't enough of it. 24/7 stream from inside the studio pls.

So good.

I hope they keep making these over time.

One of my favorite things, every single one has been informative and entertaining. It would be really great to see it continue. Overall I've really liked how 343 has been moving forward. Obviously not every single thing is acknowledged and not everything hits, but they've been communicative, obviously have listened to feedback, had a beta that actually impacted development, prioritized gameplay (while still making a nice looking game imo, though I know that thought isn't universally shared), expanded the universe in ways that makes sense and created some pretty cool additional media (hunt the truth and the sprint are the highlights for me, but I still have son reading to catch up on)and are pushing continued support.

Now I just need forge. And I wouldn't mind some additional Warzone variants, though 'm not sure what would make sense. All REQs unlocked from the start, all AI spawns at start of match, AI roams and/or is unbeatable, so you have to avoid them and defeat the other team. Intial Armory AI can respawn and attempt to take bases from you. No REQs, only one weapon types available. Fiesta Warzone. I know this is probably just a pipe dream, but I feel there is a lot of interesting possibilities there, weekend Warzone playlist!

Speaking of the beta I honestly prefer the old Empire layout over this new one, same with the weapon placements on truth in the beta, I keep jumping up into those little windows thinking there is a DMR in there instead I get a sticky.

Trup1aya

It really is ridiculous. They announce that something is coming and then leave the timeframe and all corresponding information a complete mystery. Don't even get me started on how inept they seem to be in regards to glaring issues that players are having. I understand that they don't want to say something without concrete information on their end, but they should just keep their lips closed until they can tell the whole story. They do more harm than good with their current strategy.

I'm just gonna have to assume they know what they are doing... And that I'm just a vocal minority who desires concrete information for than their average customer...

That's the best I can do to keep from going cray cray

Sprint episode was a good closer.

Makes me want to jump back into Warzone and give it another try too. Good job :)

Am not a fan of REQs but its absolutely true that it changes your relationship to your gear, and can add a lot of tension to particular spawns. You don't want to waste the rarer kit.

Also great to hear some of the early concepts with the ending, and how those aspects changed up throughout development.

Makes me wish the story took more time to consider the ramifications of (ending spoiler ->)
having the Chief and Blue Team imprisoned in a Cryptum for 10,000 years. As it was, that imprisonment seemingly lasted only minutes so you never feel the stakes and rescuing them didn't have any mission accomplished sense to it. Better in theory than execution, but the idea was a sound one. Story is still a tough nut for 343 to crack, though not for want of trying.

Speaking of the beta I honestly prefer the old Empire layout over this new one, same with the weapon placements on truth in the beta, I keep jumping up into those little windows thinking there is a DMR in there instead I get a sticky.

And i keep dropping by lift thinking there is a BR waiting for me :(

Caja 117

Let's not head down this road again. There's a reason why people are loving Halo 5's gameplay, and it's because it plays closest to CE than any other Halo game.

Bungie lost their way, but 343 is finding theirs.

I agree, as much as I like having a BR, the game feels more balanced with AR/pistol start, and that pistol is a monster either way, but very hard to master.

Glass

Are there really not going to be any BTB promotional gameplay vids? I --->need<--- to see these maps.

Yeah, I don't get this. Show us a bunch of sexy screenshots per map to show off that new forge, or some videos showing off some classic BTB craziness. BTB dropping is huge, go all out. Instead we get 1 tiny jpg per map on the blog post.

Pachimari

I'm currently playing Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary Edition and liking the plot so far, but I'm on the 2nd mission "Halo". I see that we have entered the Halo's atmosphere but am I on the ring itself with all of this fauna around me? Or is it a planet surrounded by a Halo ring?

I'm currently playing Halo: Combat Evolved - Anniversary Edition and liking the plot so far, but I'm on the 2nd mission "Halo". I see that we have entered the Halo's atmosphere but am I on the ring itself with all of this fauna around me? Or is it a planet surrounded by a Halo ring?

On the ring.

IF you follow the vista.. you can see it go into the ring. all around you. you're this little spec on this halo ring.

*Que monk chant

Also i cant wait for you to see what's next >=D .. assuming you have no idea what Halo is about :p

shoreu

New halo fan? Prepare to be amazed and overwhelmed by me and poodles knowledge of the lore.

HTupolev

RIP OG GOAT horizon

KzlXQ8C.png

Caja 117

Thats one of the best scify aspect of the game, the fact that everything happens on a artificial planet, and looking at the sky and looking at the ring going up to the horizon, is just a nice scenery.
RIP OG GOAT horizon

KzlXQ8C.png
Thats what im talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom