• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year you wackos!

That got way more mild than it started.

So, what do we think is coming in the January update? New gametypes, finally?

Nowise10

Happy New years, filthy nerds. Hopefully we get good news and updates this year and upcoming months <3

Now all of you better clean up your fucking attitudes for 2016. And I mean it. You don't want to loose me, too.

jk you can bitch

Sai

Man, that Nornfang is just, like, a delete button&#8212;an existence-negator.

Screenshot-Original.png

Everything but the Emblems, which I believe are tied to Commendations and promotions, are 100% unlocked.

Nutter

Every time I'm remotely close to Plat it is then a downright slope back to to Gold 1. Fucking randoms.

Are you a legit gold/plat tier performer or do you think if you had a team, you could perhaps get diamond?

If you want to play, send me or TJ Ram a message and we can play.

Carry you to plat at least

Trup1aya

Wonku servers tonight. US midwest

I had a couple weird games last night. Not sure if I get central or eastern data centers (I'm in KY).

Had one game with no Reqs. Had one game where it took 6 shots to get perfect pistol kills. And one other game where damage just didn't seem to be right.

I also had a game where my party of 10 got demolished by a party of 12 with a 343i employee on it.

Madness

You know how much I hate quitters, but we just lost a BTB where we were winning and then lost by 5 at the end, and the lowest guy on our team went 0-16. How is that even possible? With a score like that, please by all means quit the game, I'd rather not have given the other team the free kills. How you can get 0 kills in a BTB match is beyond me.

Zocano

I'm hesitant to use my gold trials to see if I really get into the online, I guess I should wait until people have more consistent experiences with the servers?

Trup1aya

I'm hesitant to use my gold trials to see if I really get into the online, I guess I should wait until people have more consistent experiences with the servers?

Where are you located?

I've probably played 180-some games of Warzone, and had issues in 5 or so. If I were on a trial, I don't think it would have been wasted.

Are you a legit gold/plat tier performer or do you think if you had a team, you could perhaps get diamond?

If you want to play, send me or TJ Ram a message and we can play.

Carry you to plat at least

Nah thanks, I'm in Asia, that won't work. I was Plat pre-season and can hold myself pretty well in low-mid Plat and in majority of Gold level games I dong on everyone but that doesn't work against and with randoms.

E92 M3

You know how much I hate quitters, but we just lost a BTB where we were winning and then lost by 5 at the end, and the lowest guy on our team went 0-16. How is that even possible? With a score like that, please by all means quit the game, I'd rather not have given the other team the free kills. How you can get 0 kills in a BTB match is beyond me.

Might be a new player.

Overgrowth yeh, but Breakout is kinda fun as long as the host isn't crap. I used to hate breakout but its not bad if people are teamshooting.

Tell teamshooting to randoms breh. I just quit a breakout at round two because: 1) one of our own threw a grenade at our own feet at the very beginning of the game 2) the other side is a full team.

EDIT: then the game decides to ban me AFTER I finish my NEXT match.

Sai

I actually find it fun sometimes...
It's a really nice change of pace. Also really distinguishes the quality of the teams' respective skill; without power weapons and vehicles to turn the tides.

Also reinforces my opinion that BTB would be better off with AR/Pistol starts. :p

Trup1aya

It's a really nice change of pace. Also really distinguishes the quality of the teams' respective skill; without power weapons and vehicles to turn the tides.

Also reinforces my opinion that BTB would be better off with AR/Pistol starts. :p

Yeah I honestly wouldn't complain if there were an official req free variant in the MM cycle... I bet most people would cry foul though.

As far as BTB goes, I agree, but the BR people needed to find solace somewhere I suppose.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm seriously amazed and quite saddened that despite an amazing game in halo 5 its being almost ignored in most goty lists, here on gaf and elsewhere. Someone actually said in the voting thread "best halo ever", then ranked it number 9 for the year.

I'm seriously amazed and quite saddened that despite an amazing game in halo 5 its being almost ignored in most goty lists, here on gaf and elsewhere. Someone actually said in the voting thread "best halo ever", then ranked it number 9 for the year.

To be fair, Halo 5 has too many problems to be nominated in a GOTY list.

BraXzy

I think it's partly just because so many amazing games came out this year, partly because Xbox One and Halo aren't as popular this Gen and because features like split screen, Forge and certain gametypes weren't there at launch when most people try the game.

Still, its an amazing multiplayer and I enjoy playing it, a lack of GOTY awards isn't gonna affect that. But it is a shame.

CeeSaw

This Halo more so than other Halos is focused on the hardcore. That combined with the campaign/story being disappointing doesn't really equal mainstream success.

Detective

It actually hurts not seen halo on GOTY top list or in most played. Am not used to it. Really hope it turns around.

Have you guys tried the DMR with BR sight?
Its a killing tank. Like it better than the regular scope. It got this yellow tint color on it and in apax it's not that visible in some places.

Halo 5 is my GOTY but it has alot of problems in story and alot of people aren't happy about the micro transactions
Although they are normally people who don't play the game/don't like warzone.
. Any other year the gameplay and multiplayer would have got it into top 10's but this year has been exceptional for games.

Trup1aya

Honestly, I think if the campaign would have delivered in the way the fantastic marketing suggested it would, halo would be in the discussion.

They dropped the ball on the campaign, and that seems to carry more weight than anything for games that feature SP and MP prominently ...

The multiplayer is fantastic... But it was barebones at review time (and still has many holes) and chances are reviewers aren't even playing it anymore, so they can't even use the improvements to argue in favor of Halo MP for GOTY

I completely disagree.

What I meant is that the "critics" clearly uses a different metric when it comes to judging games, they don't care/dive into a game's mechanics/systems deep enough to look past the issues a game has, they care more about appeal, content, polish etc, which are arguably what Halo 5 was lacking till the release of Forge.

Happy new year haloGaf!! Im really thankful i have youuuuaaa and have a place to talk about halo.

Hi fives all around.

ALL GLORY TO GOSU

jem0208

I honestly think H5 has the most fun campaign in the entire series.

The on foot gameplay is just so fucking good and the level design is absolutely superb. It honestly wipes the floor with previous games in the series in terms of level design. They're massive, with loads of verticality, tonnes of options in how to approach an encounter and the play spaces are designed extremely well around the spartan abilities.

The story wasn't great as a standalone but I think as setup for 6 it was very good. Had they gone with the direction that the advertising implied (Chief gone rogue and running from the UNSC) I don't think the long term story would have worked out quite as well. The setup for 6 wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom