• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Those weren't the characters i was talking about (also buck isn't new).

On its head? You mean peaceful with maybe some civil wars and humanity owning everyone.

What peace do you speak of? Yes humanity was technically more superior than everyone else, but they themselves were just as splintered as they were before halo CE... And every other race was also having their own inner turmoil.

Like I said, Halo 5 would have been a great chance to show all that, and give a blue team a meaningful introduction. It could have been an opportunity to show gamers the geo-political landscape that had be underlining the series all along. Doing so actually would have made the current AI plot line palletable in a future installment, because people who were unfamiliar with the extended lore would understand how AI could reach such a drastic conclusion.

Edit: I would have liked to see a game that focused on outer colony grievances, a chief and blue team who start to question the rationale behind their orders. The main enemy could have been a shaky alliance between outer colony rebels and former covenant factions (maybe headquartered in Venezia) that acquire technology (maybe a guardian, maybe they find some Engineers) that allows them to threaten the UNSCs dominance.

Would have been a nice set up to the current plot line. It actually would have given 343i a chance to EARN the current plot line...

it's all about having fun games, not ranks :)

Thats the spirit. I jus wanna have fun games while im ranked onyx :p

Maybe its my sickness making me be a lil whiny pants :p

When we all doing customs again? I wasnt able to join last time. I want to if anything pops up tonight!

The walkabout levels seem like such a missed opportunity in retrospect.

Should have been full on NPC hubs with people dropping tons of lore/backstory/discussing the current state of the universe..... not having the player just hunt down hidden intel :/

It's like 343i got cold feet or higher ups told them to dumb it down cause players just wanna shoot some more shit...

BraXzy

I really don't get how the Binary Rifle works.

I get a hitmarker no matter what, whether I go for body or head, but without fail I will always get one shot by it.

I get a hitmarker no matter what, whether I go for body or head, but without fail I will always get one shot by it.

Person running/walking sideways from my PoV=100% not kill. Person walking forwards/backwards from my PoV=100% kill.

I'm convinced the gameplay of H5 is the best its ever been, I've put so many hours into the game and still want more. The garbage maps ruin it though. If every map was more like Coliseum/Fathom instead of Plaza/Overgrowth there would be so many less complaints about the game. The base gameplay is solid. (completely ignoring the no PvE, social, gamemodes, basic stuff 343 has choked on.)

Madness

I don't like it in this game either. Even though it was OP, I miss the 'feeling' of the weapon from H4. I've found that I get kills with the Binary Rifle in H5 if I aim at their head or slightly under and move it up for a headshot.

BraXzy

I suppose I need a bit of practice with it to get s good feel for it. I never call it in in Warzone (since I don't get kills with it) and its on barely any Arena maps.

Tawpgun

Warzone makes a bad first impression

image.php

BraXzy

This spartan charge can fuck off, especially in breakout.

Tbf, I've seen numerous times someone get their asses handed to them on a plate when doing it in Breakout.

If you react quick enough and punch back it can kill them while you survive.

Trup1aya

Ummmm...

How did this match even happen?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...yMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

I got obliterated.....

Onyx
Diamond 4
Diamond 2
Plat 3

Vs us

2nd placement match
4Th placement match
Plat 1
Gold 1

Lol.

To be fair, the two placement match folks put up similar numbers to the two diamonds on the other team. So it's likely that they were diamond last season. There was one plat on each team...

The mismatch stems from them having a Champ, and your team having a gold... I'd like to say that should never happen, but at this time of night, with mediocre population numbers, I'd say it happens occasionally.

Champs gotta get games too...

If you think that's bad check this out

Not only were we mismatched, but I probably played my worst game ever...

To be fair, the two placement match folks put up similar numbers to the two diamonds on the other team. So it's likely that they were diamond last season. There was one plat on each team...

The mismatch stems from them having a Champ, and your team having a gold... I'd like to say that should never happen, but at this time of night, with mediocre population numbers, I'd say it happens occasionally.

Champs gotta get games too...

If you think that's bad check this out

Not only were we mismatched, but I probably played my worst game ever...

Yeah ur right. The guys on my team have placed in diamond or onyx. Im just a nub lol

Is it just me or have you guys felt as if 343 has tampered with the weapon balance of certain guns?

The AR and Scattershot feel strangely weaker now while the pistol and BR feel stronger.

Also, I have had witnesses watch me hit guys in the back of their heads, or should charge them from behind only for them to go unfazed and still alive.

Wtf is going on?

BradC00

Is it just me or have you guys felt as if 343 has tampered with the weapon balance of certain guns?

The AR and Scattershot feel strangely weaker now while the pistol and BR feel stronger.

Also, I have had witnesses watch me hit guys in the back of their heads, or should charge them from behind only for them to go unfazed and still alive.

Wtf is going on?

think it's the same. had a dude say he thought they nerfed the pistol in a match today tho.

Had some fun in multiplayer tonight, and did pretty well. My KDR is still pretty laughable, though, because most people play more and are better at these games than me. I came close to winning once or twice, though, in Free For All, and hopefully increased my ratio a bit from its paltry 0.6.

Afterwards, I beat the final 6 missions in the campaign, which didn't take as long as expected. They were alright, too, but I'm still pretty ho-hum about the campaign. I don't like the new enemies too much, found it a bit cheap and hated running out of ammo so often.

I did enjoy a lot of it, but it still left a lot to be desired.

Trup1aya

Wtf is going on?

Probably server issues... I had a few games last night where weird things happened.

1) I was full health and a single melee killed me
2) it took me five shots (3 body, 2 head) to get a perfect BR kill
3) it took me seven shots to get a perfect pistol kill.

I really doubt they would tweak the weapons w/o a change long. And if the officially tweaked kill times, folks would have been all over it.

jem0208

Weapon balance is essentially perfect in Halo 5. Last thing they should even think about.

Eh...

The autos are too powerful, mostly the Storm Rifle which is fairly ridiculous although the AR could co with a decrease in range as well. The pistol could also use a slight buff as the other precision weapons are far, far easier to use and so kinda dominate.

Personally I'd:

- Either increase the time it takes for the Storm Rifle to overheat or make it a tier 2 weapon like the shotgun or scattershot.

- Reduce the range on the AR slightly, perhaps by increasing the spread. I'd also increase it's perfect kill time to be the same as the pistol's.

- Increase the pistol's fire rate ever so slightly.

The autos are the big problem though, I'd be okay with them not changing the pistol.

Trup1aya

Eh...

The autos are too powerful, mostly the Storm Rifle which is fairly ridiculous although the AR could co with a decrease in range as well. The pistol could also use a slight buff as the other precision weapons are far, far easier to use and so kinda dominate.

Personally I'd:

- Either increase the time it takes for the Storm Rifle to overheat or make it a tier 2 weapon like the shotgun or scattershot.

- Reduce the range on the AR slightly, perhaps by increasing the spread. I'd also increase it's perfect kill time to be the same as the pistol's.

The autos are the big problem though, I'd be okay with them not changing the pistol.

Im fine with the autos the way they are. But I wouldn't cry if the storm rifle was tier 2.

ARs 'perfect' kill time is already longer than the pistol. The pistol is already beastly, it certainly doesn't need a fire rate increase. It's behind only to the light rifle and sniper in precision TTK..

The balancing, as he said, is already perfect, essentially...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm on the dont change a thing side. Autos are fine. They are useful to scrubs and pros alike without dominating the sandbox. The storm rifle is insane, but its hard to land shots from all but the closest range. It's all fine. I would like to see some revision on map weapon spawns and placement though. Overgrowth especially.

Strider

I'd like a slight nerf to the SR and a nerf to Sniper AA/magnetism...

How many times I'm just pegging a sniper with pistol shots only to be killed anyway is insane... You'd swear descope didn't even exist.

Other than that I've no complaints. They nailed it overall.

E92 M3

Eh...

Personally I'd:

A word about the pistol: I use it over the BR and perform much better. I love the pistol so much - a fantastic starting weapon.

In terms of the autos: Yes, they are strong, but that's ok. Every weapon can be used to kill and I am very happy with it. Autos aren't a huge issue in super competitive play - they complement the precision weapons well. I am very happy to play a Halo game where all of the weapons are good in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom