• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Breakout can be sooooo good. Just played one of the most tense matches ever. My heart beat was going and everything.

Nothing quite like being last man standing against two when you are facing elimination. Tied it out though to eventually win :D

people like to rag on breakout, but it's actually a great gametype with plenty of intense moments

BraXzy

people like to rag on breakout, but it's actually a great gametype with pleny of intense moments

I don't get the hate. It's not traditional Halo, but its not meant to be. It's its own thing. If its not your cup of tea (pardon my Brit), ignore it. I personally love it. More interesting than SWAT with the quick TTK.

Defect

depward

I purchased an x1 so I could play competitive h5.

I'm liking it. Good evolution in my mind. Agree with the recent discussion of how every gun can be deadly.

Feels weird to be playing Halo again but having a great time of it.

Last slayer game I got 13 assists. Miss playing with my old buddies :(

I'm liking it. Good evolution in my mind. Agree with the recent discussion of how every gun can be deadly.

wanna party up?

GT dark silver89

BraXzy

There's always folks ready to party up. Mind everyone is at different levels of skill so sometimes it's best to do social.

There's also a HaloGAF Discord chat which is handy to find peeps to play with or just chill 'n chat.

Feel free to add me, GT: BraXzyy

Strider

If its not your cup of tea (pardon my Brit), ignore it.

Hard to do that though when breakout or its arena counterpart has been in the only objective playlist since launch... Until they make breakout into it's own playlist (like it should be) people are going to complain.

I've had little desire to play arena lately because of the playlists. After hundreds of slayer matches I've grown tired of it... but seems every time I queue Team Arena I get slayer or breakout and the current social list is snipers over and over.

All I want is a social playlist that doesn't include gametypes like snipers or breakout. Hopefully that's what we get soon. It's been over 2 months now so at this point it's really not too much to ask for IMO.

All in all I'll probably drop the game for a bit if I'm still forced into game types I don't like after this next playlist update... And I love this game so I'd rather not.

Madness

I just hate how many people are quitting so I've pretty much just stopped playing any ranked playlist since the update except for SWAT, maybe Breakout. I played one match of slayer, went like 25-6, against some silver/golds who had already placed, wasn't really fun.

Mostly just playing a few Warzone matches, some BTB or Holiday Social. Quitting is so rampant it's crazy, does anyone know what the quit penalties are?

BraXzy

Hard to do that though when breakout or its arena counterpart has been in the only objective playlist since launch... Until they make breakout into it's own playlist (like it should be) people are going to complain.

I suppose in that regard it sucks. But do you not even like the Arena variant?

Either way, hopefully stuff like an Objective playlist is added so you can avoid it.

Fuchsdh

I don't get the hate. It's not traditional Halo, but its not meant to be. It's its own thing. If its not your cup of tea (pardon my Brit), ignore it. I personally love it. More interesting than SWAT with the quick TTK.

I think the fact that it has a TTk that's inconsistent with normal experiences is what bothered me, and now that there's Arena Breakout I don't feel much need to play the dedicated mode.

BraXzy

I think the fact that it has a TTk that's inconsistent with normal experiences is what bothered me, and now that there's Arena Breakout I don't feel much need to play the dedicated mode.

Yeah its very different in that sense, but so is SWAT. People don't seem to have as much of an issue with it. But then again, I suppose SWAT doesn't turn up in Team Arena.

Strider

I suppose in that regard it sucks. But do you not even like the Arena variant?

I like it more than the original variant but I could still do without it. In general I don't really feel breakout is a bad game type it's just not something I enjoy. I'm not a fan of elimination game types in any game. The only exception is CS but that entire game is designed around it soooo yea...

Yes, but just as you say - it's not traditional Halo, and, like SWAT, should be restricted to its own playlist.

edit: that being said, I've personally warmed up to the mode myself, but would still prefer it not show up in team arena (but since I like it more now, it at least doesn't bother me as much that it does).

Tawpgun

I think regular breakout is too far from traditional halo to be in the arena playlist. Arena breakout is fine though. Really like the mode.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just hate how many people are quitting so I've pretty much just stopped playing any ranked playlist since the update except for SWAT, maybe Breakout. I played one match of slayer, went like 25-6, against some silver/golds who had already placed, wasn't really fun.

Mostly just playing a few Warzone matches, some BTB or Holiday Social. Quitting is so rampant it's crazy, does anyone know what the quit penalties are?

I didn't quit but I was AFK for about two minutes during a BTB match with some friends, and got kicked and banned for 5 minutes. Same thing happened to another Gaffer last night I was playing with.

I have been booted from a few BTB matches for Team Killing which is essentially me boosting with a Ghost trying to get the hell out of enemy territory and running over a teammate. Considering I'm on a Ghost a lot during BTB matches, or vehicles in general, this has happened often.

I really don't know what can be done about the quitting and banning of players who have a history of rage quitting or just quitting in general.

It's a problem that plagues all multiplayer shooters and always has.

Somehow keep a record match-quitting ratio and delve out bans in that matter?

On another topic are we ever going to get a Blood Gulch incarnate in Halo 5? The OG, Triple OG of Halo BTB maps.

MaGlock

So now that we're seeing pretty great remakes from our talented forgers who's in for a gaf retro customs night? Perhaps to early since all the game modes aren't out but I've seen turf and sanctuary and I'm sure there's more out there

Ramirez

Breakout might be passable if it had ANY kind of visual feedback when shooting someone. It's impossible to tell how weak someone is, just feels like amateur hour game design compared to the rest of Arena.

And FWIW, my arena/slayer games very rarely have quitters in them anymore. I figured most of those people had moved on by now.

Breakout might be passable if it had ANY kind of visual feedback when shooting someone. It's impossible to tell how weak someone is, just feels like amateur hour game design compared to the rest of Arena.

And FWIW, my arena/slayer games very rarely have quitters in them anymore. I figured most of those people had moved on by now.

Yeah seems to have improved.

Might just be lack if unranked players though - they always seemed to be the worst (quitting to avoid losses or something?).

Just a reminder this Thursday ProAceJoker it's going to do a Speedrun of the Halo 4 campaign on Legendary for Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 (AGDQ)
I can't wait to see it I prefer the Halo 2 runs but still it will be good

Tawpgun

Keep the quit ban, but advertise it more. Like if you select the quit button it will warn you that you might be banned.

On top of that, give a req point penality. Like take away reqs or put them in the negative.

Halo 5 has tournament qualifiers running has ~5K viewers not even on Twitch.tv top 10.

They still haven't done anything to fix the Snipers in Social.

We might have another Halo 4 on our hands boys. This time they have a good game too, that's the saddest part for me.

I popped this in to see if I should trade it in, haven't played since near launch.

I just don't see the appeal of the tryhard halo pro mentality. Halo was always more fun when it was big maps and vehicles and just fun. Leave the "pro" stuff to call of duty and counter strike. I judt never see halo getting anywhere near that competitively.

I did find a new strategy that is adding quite a lot of fun to the game. See if I can be the top scorer on the team by shooting my teammates until near death but not killing them. Thereby creating softer targets than me and playing cleanup duty. Because I'll never be on top by just attacking the enemy team.

Also that new map that's set in the mall has those explosive canisters, and if you can bait a teammate near it you can take then with you when you blow it up. It's hilarious.

Does the system only see betrayals or does it see friendly fire? Because they usually betray me first.

Can't say I've experienced the same, solo queue games rarely end with all 8 players.

Hatchtag

Banned
Haven't hopped on for a couple of days, but jesus, how is it Rainbow Six Seige has so many more players with mics? It's so much more chatty than Halo 5. Wish Halo 5 had more voice chatters.

Can't say I've experienced the same, solo queue games rarely end with all 8 players.

You know what would be cool. A playlist you could only queue solo in and then it makes teams instead of forcing solo players to play FFA. So you don't face full teams when solo thus making the whole experience online better for everyone.

It could match completely even teams plat for plat diamond for diamond onyx for onyx.

I wonder if anyone's thought of that.

You know what would be cool. A playlist you could only queue solo in and then it makes teams instead of forcing solo players to play FFA. So you don't face full teams when solo thus making the whole experience online better for everyone.

It could match completely even teams plat for plat diamond for diamond onyx for onyx.

I wonder if anyone's thought of that.

People play FFA?

hwalker84

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

My back hurts from carrying my team all the time

I popped this in to see if I should trade it in, haven't played since near launch.

I just don't see the appeal of the tryhard halo pro mentality. Halo was always more fun when it was big maps and vehicles and just fun. Leave the "pro" stuff to call of duty and counter strike. I judt never see halo getting anywhere near that competitively.

mal-what.gif

I did find a new strategy that is adding quite a lot of fun to the game. See if I can be the top scorer on the team by shooting my teammates until near death but not killing them. Thereby creating softer targets than me and playing cleanup duty. Because I'll never be on top by just attacking the enemy team.

Also that new map that's set in the mall has those explosive canisters, and if you can bait a teammate near it you can take then with you when you blow it up. It's hilarious.

Does the system only see betrayals or does it see friendly fire? Because they usually betray me first.

e1Q1ug8.jpg

You don't think cod is more suited to competitive play? It absolutely gets a bigger audience than halo. I think the streaks and objective play are better for spectators.

I've never understood the pro halo thing, even back in halo 3 and such.

This has to be trolling...

I wasn't the only person in the world confused and disappointed with the competitive focus on halo 5. And the viewership is bearing out that decision.

I feel they're going in the wrong direction and should be pursuing the battlefield/halo type of gameplay rather than the halo/cod/quake gameplay which is what halo 5 feels like to me.

I wasn't the only person in the world confused and disappointed with the competitive focus on halo 5. And the viewership is bearing out that decision.

I feel they're going in the wrong direction and should be pursuing the battlefield/halo type of gameplay rather than the halo/cod/quake gameplay which is what halo 5 feels like to me.

ok definitely trolling.

They added an entire mode dedicated to Battlefield Halo.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom