• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Keep the quit ban, but advertise it more. Like if you select the quit button it will warn you that you might be banned.

On top of that, give a req point penality. Like take away reqs or put them in the negative.

Both great ideas, but especially the second one. Some players do not care about Req points, but I also like the warning system. There already is a warning system, but make it more apparent (somehow) and keep adding time to bans if the player keeps quitting.

They added an entire mode dedicated to Battlefield Halo.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah and its what I enjoyed most about the game but its a pretty minor part and pretty limited. Also the req system was unnessecary to the mode as well. Warzone should have just been the new big team battle and made ai enemies only in certain modes.

I actually really enjoyed halo 4 and big team especially. I can't keep any interest in halo 5 at all.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah and its what I enjoyed most about the game but its a pretty minor part and pretty limited. Also the req system was unnessecary to the mode as well. Warzone should have just been the new big team battle and made ai enemies only in certain modes.

I actually really enjoyed halo 4 and big team especially. I can't keep any interest in halo 5 at all.
You complain about Halo trying to be too much like Call of Duty but praise Halo 4. I'm so confused.

Strider

Halo 4 took so much from CoD.

Killstreaks, Loadouts, Perks, etc... It was an unbalanced mess of a game.

Halo fans hated it and dropped the game quickly. People like you liked it but played more CoD than Halo 4 anyway and thus Halo 4's population dropped like a rock.

So Halo 5 went back to the arena roots of older Halo games. No it won't see viewer or population numbers similar to an extremely popular multiplat game like CoD... But at least there will be a healthy playerbase that sticks around this time unlike in Halo 4.

Magwik

Banned
Was this posted yet?

Far better idea on Warzone Assault, or even regular Warzone, just to roll 10 deep with Ghosts and go for enemy core than pull out a Scorpion. Takes about a minute to get close to enemy core only to get planted with nades by enemy destroying your Scorpion.
This looks terrifying for the other team

Welfare

Was this posted yet?

Far better idea on Warzone Assault, or even regular Warzone, just to roll 10 deep with Ghosts and go for enemy core than pull out a Scorpion. Takes about a minute to get close to enemy core only to get planted with nades by enemy destroying your Scorpion.

Halo Wars strats still going strong.

Magwik

Banned
Just had a game where my railgun legitimately went through a guy on a mongoose without doing any damage, twice. ugh.
Better than going to aim the rail gun only to have it not charge and you're just standing there taking shots. This somehow happens to me enough to complain about it.

Better than going to aim the rail gun only to have it not charge and you're just standing there taking shots. This somehow happens to me enough to complain about it.
That happens to me so often that at this point I've just started selling my vanilla railguns and only keeping Whiplash. Kinda makes me wish they brought back the sticky detonator.

BraXzy

Would anyone be down to playtest my Breakout map tomorrow? I'll hopefully have it in a state that is playable. An 'alpha' so to speak :D

0WeHyng.jpg

BradC00

I'm watching the current match and uhh...I feel like I could beat these guys and I'm only diamond

that's the secret..these guys are diamond :D but it's probably because they can't find any local games to play, and have to go up against dudes in the US with 10 ping.

these announcers are champ tier tho.

Funny story HaloGAF.

So I was shopping at Wal-Mart today and saw 1 of those Christmas AXE gift packs in the clearance section for $4 (out of $27! damn it was a steal) I figured 'wtf why not free reconz and I can send the AXE crap to my brother'.

So I get home and was about to enter the code when nature hit, I guess in that meantime my cat (who I call "the orange goat") decided to hop on my bed and...tell me his thoughts on Agent Locke:

hHqWOYUl.jpg

HKsn0qgl.jpg

(Note the fact that he didn't destroy the code)

I'm getting him special cat food tonight :3

Haha. My cat loves those papers. He plays with them when I have them on my bed.

Good thing he didn't ruin the code.

I played Halo 5 for a few hours, or so, today, while waiting for a friend. I did really well, too, for the most part. Had a few crappy games at the beginning and end, but other than that I was in a groove.

My best was 23-8 in Shotty Snipers, my first time playing it in years. I just used the shotgun.

I played a lot of Breakout, and started getting quite good at it. I was usually leading my team, and even won some rounds in badass fashion. That's a really fun mode.

The multiplayer suite in this game is great.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Would anyone be down to playtest my Breakout map tomorrow? I'll hopefully have it in a state that is playable. An 'alpha' so to speak :D

Send me a message when your ready to test and I'll join up.

Nutter

Somehow Halo 4 keeps getting brought up for BTB.

For once we have a game (H5) in which every weapon works wonders against infantry/vehicles and people don't it. I don't quite get it.

Trup1aya

Halo 5 has tournament qualifiers running has ~5K viewers not even on Twitch.tv top 10.

They still haven't done anything to fix the Snipers in Social.

We might have another Halo 4 on our hands boys. This time they have a good game too, that's the saddest part for me.

I really think the likelihood of a console exclusive breaking the top 10 on what it predominately a PC gaming service would be slim even if the population was much larger than Halo5's.

It didnt feel like cod to me?

It had Sprint but that's really it. Idk.

Halo 4 is much more like COD is than Halo 5. The Loadouts System which had you unlock weapons to bring into arena instead of having them placed on the map. The XP based progression system instead of skill based MM. the perks. The kill streaks.

You literally couldn't use halo tactics because you had no clue what weapons your opponent had, or what moves they were capable of at any given moment. Every interaction was completely random.

Halo 5 is classic halo philosophies (even starts, weapons on map, skill based ranking), with more movement options thrown on top. The idea that Halo5 is more like COD baffles me, yet I keep hearing it for some reason.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have played Halo MP quite a bit over the years, but I have been wondering about two things in Halo 5 MP:

1 - Is it really possible to kill someone with full shields in a single melee? I swear this has happened to me multiple times in Halo 5, full shields, no shots and BANG dead, and the kill feed shows the melee icon.

2 - How do I do that rush attach that kills you on one bang, and shows the arrow in the kill feed?

jem0208

I have played Halo MP quite a bit over the years, but I have been wondering about two things in Halo 5 MP:

1 - Is it really possible to kill someone with full shields in a single melee? I swear this has happened to me multiple times in Halo 5, full shields, no shots and BANG dead, and the kill feed shows the melee icon.

2 - How do I do that rush attach that kills you on one bang, and shows the arrow in the kill feed?

1. Nope.

2. Melee whilst sprinting. It also doesn't kill you in one hit, same damage as a normal melee.

no, unless its from behind.

Trup1aya

What game mode were you playing? In any mode a melee to the rear is a one hit kill. In Warzone, it's possible to get guns with energy bayonet attachments. Those would allow for one hit kills...

Chittagong

Gold Member
1. Nope.

2. Melee whilst sprinting. It also doesn't kill you in one hit, same damage as a normal melee.

no, unless its from behind.

You will also die to a melee if your shields haven't quite recharged.

Thanks! How weird with the single melee death, maybe in those cases they have landed a shield killing shot the very same moment as the melee, and I have missed it.

Good to know that rush melee kills from behind in one go! The regular melee seems to do an assassination which is satisfying but dangerously slow.

1. A melee from behind is a instant kill.

2. That is a Spartan Charge, which has the same damage attribute as a melee attack, depletes shields from front and one hit kill from behind.

Trup1aya

Thanks! How weird with the single melee death, maybe in those cases they have landed a shield killing shot the very same moment as the melee, and I have missed it.

Good to know that rush melee kills from behind in one go! The regular melee seems to do an assassination which is satisfying but dangerously slow.

You avoid doing the assassination of you just tap the melee button. You can also turn assassinations off in your settings...

Trup1aya

This guy on Reddit posted the following CSR distribution graph that he made using the Tracking API
uU2B7pS.jpg

In the comments he went on to explain that at least 131k players have ranked (played 10 matches) of layer so far this season.

In comparison. Halo 4 was at sub-100k total players at this time in its lifespan.

He's going to try to get similar information from the other playlists, and maybe even figure out the total number of unique users...

No these numbers aren't earth shattering, but they do suggest the sustainment model is working somewhat, and that the multiplayer is generally more enjoyable this time around. It's quite impressive that H5 can out perform H4 in this regard, despite selling far fewer copies... Makes me wonder how healthy our population would be had split screen made it in, along with the missing gamemodes.

source

Edit: It also shows a nearly perfect bell curve... Though some would prefer an distribution gives each division a similarly sizes population... I disagree with that because you'd end up having people who currently play at at platinum level in the same division as the best players in the world.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Lol, some matches just are unwinnable

Funny thing, their best player iTz Jellybaby, who I killed a fair few times, got matched against me in the next match too.

I managed to stuck him right in the beginning and he rage quit :D

Madness

After the hilarious Asia qualifiers and hero Jack Me Off, watching Neighbor casually destroy Onyx players and go from Diamond 1 to Diamond 6 was pretty crazy.

Quick question, why does the ESL EU qualifier stream look better, cleaner, smoother in the twitch app, than how Halo 5 looks when I play? Maybe I'm just tired but I feel like the game is looking better in this stream than how it actually is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom