• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieface

Losing the love for this game now. Too many shit maps that I hate playing. Overgrowth and Pegasus are terrible. No real BTB maps still. Tis a bit shit to be honest. No real BTB maps in a game of Halo is just criminal.

Oh and no solo matchmaking for arena. Blugh

I do think a consequence of not having loadouts is less variety in encounters. Vast majority of my firefights are against pistol/ar users, with me using the pistol/ar.

Now that's fine, but using that pistol/ar better be fun and it better be fun for a long, long time.

This is one of the major disappointments from halo 1 to 2.

The pistol in halo 1 was fun for a long long time for many people. In halo 2 at launch it was a lot of smg starts and we all know how much fun it was to chase people down with smgs. By the end of halo 2 and halo 3 they figured out that the battle rifle was a better starting weapon, and tuned its power/hitscan down in halo 3.

Halo 5 has a really good starting weapon in the pistol, but I think fights with the ar have already become tedious.

And the pickups don't even encourage that much variety. I don't have a ton of experience with the game but I don't see people pick up the smg, the needler, the carbine, the Promethean smg tracker thing, the Promethean pistol, the plasma pistol, or even the dmr that often.

I guess I'd rather have a game where the smg/pistol/battle rifle/ar are all balanced to fit different roles and you can select from the start. It makes for more variety in encounters.

Power weapons like explosive launchers and shotguns, long rifles still have their place in this design.

Also I miss the grenade launcher from halo 4. It had such good animation and sound design and was incredibly satisfying to use. Same with the walker mech in btb.

Also like the previous poster said the maps are quite bad as well. They don't feel memorable at all and I feel like you could swap the textures on any of them and wouldn't be able to tell. Areas just don't stand out or feel unique. These could be some random unreal tournament fan created maps for all the memorable encounters they encourage. They all blend together in my memory.

I do think a consequence of not having loadouts is less variety in encounters. Vast majority of my firefights are against pistol/ar users, with me using the pistol/ar.

Now that's fine, but using that pistol/ar better be fun and it better be fun for a long, long time.

The pistol in halo 1 was fun for a long long time for many people. In halo 2 at launch it was a lot of smg starts and we all know how much fun it was to chase people down with smgs. By the end of halo 2 and halo 3 they figured out that the battle rifle was a better starting weapon, and tuned its power/hitscan down in halo 3.

Halo 5 has a really good starting weapon in the pistol, but I think fights with the ar have already become tedious.

And the pickups don't even encourage that much variety. I don't have a ton of experience with the game but I don't see people pick up the smg, the needler, the carbine, the Promethean smg tracker thing, the Promethean pistol, the plasma pistol, or even the dmr that often.

I guess I'd rather have a game where the smg/pistol/battle rifle/ar are all balanced to fit different roles and you can select from the start. It makes for more variety in encounters.

Power weapons like explosive launchers and shotguns, long rifles still have their place in this design.

Also I miss the grenade launcher from halo 4. It had such good animation and sound design and was incredibly satisfying to use. Same with the walker mech in btb.

Also like the previous poster said the maps are quite bad as well. They don't feel memorable at all and I feel like you could swap the textures on any of them and wouldn't be able to tell. Areas just don't stand out or feel unique. These could be some random unreal tournament fan created maps for all the memorable encounters they encourage. They all blend together in my memory.

What rank are you in because everyone at mid Gold or above is utilizing those weapons and AR spam is significantly less frequent in higher leagues. DMR and BRs are fairly balanced at this point being not overpowered compared to the pistol, you have small advantages with them at mid-long ranges but a skillful pistol player can still outshoot you at mid-close range, plus on the maps there are at most two DMR/BR pickups making them harder to get for anyone, the game has a healthy flow of starting weapons/map pickups/power weapons, it is far better than the uncertainty loadout brings and of course the BR dominated metagame of the past.

I think some other game does this... but if you quit it doesn't let you start a game until the one you quit out of is done. However if they do this there needs to a mercy quit option as well.
A lot of MOBA games and I believe CSGO do this, they also have reconnects I believe. I really want a reconnect option and a mercy surrender button. Eaten too many bans because of quiting 2v4 even 1v4 matches before.

Tawpgun

I think some other game does this... but if you quit it doesn't let you start a game until the one you quit out of is done. However if they do this there needs to a mercy quit option as well.

pieface

I think the main reason I'm not enjoying it is that I'm getting spanked every game. Why won't it let me drop from diamond? I've lost the last 8 games on the bounce barely getting any kills. Its so dumb.

E92 M3

I think the main reason I'm not enjoying it is that I'm getting spanked every game. Why won't it let me drop from diamond? I've lost the last 8 games on the bounce barely getting any kills. Its so dumb.

Next season you will have a chance to rank solo. Also, are you playing solo in team games? I'd recommend against that.

pieface

Next season you will have a chance to rank solo. Also, are you playing solo in team games? I'd recommend against that.

I always play solo. I seem to get ranked Platinum, get up to Diamond, and then get spanked every game at Diamond. Wish I could just stay in Platinum to be honest. This has happened twice in a row now.

JaggedSac

Halo 5 has tournament qualifiers running has ~5K viewers not even on Twitch.tv top 10.

They still haven't done anything to fix the Snipers in Social.

We might have another Halo 4 on our hands boys. This time they have a good game too, that's the saddest part for me.

Halo will never be huge again. It is what it is. Play it and enjoy it.

JackHerer

It pains me to think that we also have a Rig remix on the way too :(

Yeah I'm not really looking forward to that. Overgrowth is one of the worst Halo maps of all time. Especially with the weapon set it has now. It really makes me question 343s map making process.

Halo 5 doesn't have a single standout map, which even Halo 4 had (Haven). They should consider hiring some new map designers or otherwise doing a shakeup of their current setup/process. Otherwise we are likely to continue to get mediocre maps.

BraXzy

My aim is feeling off again. I haven't tweaked anything but it feels like my initial movement is really sensitive and twitchy :/

Might switch it up to like 2 sens 4 acc.

I use all of those weapons effectively and they are balanced...maybe you should get more experience and use them before criticizing. I do agree Overgrowth is a shitshow and Pegasus needs removed though. All of the 343 maps have diff environments im not sure how they could blend.

m23

Well judging off the other remixes, they all play really differently from the originals.

Also, what we've seen of the rig remix looks sorta cool with all the lava

Overgrowth looked pretty cool too, that was until we got to play it. I hope the rig remix ends up much better than overgrowth.

Sullichin

I'm all for remixing the rig because it and overgrowth are my least favorite maps. I mostly play FFA. In Overgrowth I feel like I'm forced to try and control the sword because if I don't someone's gonna get 9-10 kills with it. The power weapons are important on the other maps but don't totally dominate the match like in Overgrowth. It's also funny how the camera pans to the rail gun *twice* in the intro and ignores the shotgun and sword.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I don't know if I understand the skill system. On some games where we lost against higher level opponents, I got a massively positive KD, like over 2, and was leveled down. Then in my last game we won I played like shit with 0.6KD and we still won, I gained a level.

I get that leveling based on team performance encourages team play, but I don't think it says anything else about my skill than that I got lucky in matchmaking, or have friends who are very good in the game. In fact, that could get me over leveled.

BradC00

just tried out a forge map called UG Wipeout...it's like ultimate warrior. the dudes name is unsorted guy

forge = life

should try it for the next HaloGAF customs.

Akai__

The new Duckhunt map is just mindblowing guys. The scripting on the map is pretty crazy. Shame that the Sniper Rifle can be used by everyone. The bullet magnetism is seriously unreal.

GG's Fatstronaut and others that might have been from GAF btw. Was pretty fun.

BradC00

The new Duckhunt map is just mindblowing guys. The scripting on the map is pretty crazy. Shame that the Sniper Rifle can be used by everyone. The bullet magnetism is seriously unreal.

GG's Fatstronaut and others that might have been from GAF btw. Was pretty fun.

who has this one so I can try it

Akai__

NA Qualifiers let's go!

who has this one so I can try it

I honestly don't know who the creator is, but it's in my bookmarks. It also currently uses a Breakout Gametype, because Infection isn't a thing yet. My GT is AkaiGAF so feel free to check out my Bookmarks. Maybe you will find more stuff there.

IHaveIce

Banned
So Team envious was kicked out because APG has the same issue as me; his whole connection is fine but Halo 5 servers kick him out of the game.

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom