• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is super, super bored. Add my GT and run around my new 2V2 Map "Skies and Lows" Trying to make an more open 2v2 Slayer map and I am learning about Weapon Placement and also map control based upon team movement.

As always, it has man-cannons. :D

Any feedback would be great.

If you have more people, i could test with them..

Leyasu

Banned
I feel the same way... I almost hate how much I love this game...

Can't even think about playing other games, let alone other shooters

I have a backlog that I know that I will never finish now. I have always loved halo, but this is the halo that I have always wanted.

Game time now is halo time lol

Strider

I still play other games (been playing more dota 2 than H5 lately) but as far as console fps games go it's all Halo 5. I have BO3 and I think it's a good game tbh but it still doesn't come close to H5 for me so I haven't played it in weeks... Who knows if I'll ever put that disc back in. I've uninstalled Destiny which is the other fps I got this past fall.

Halo 5 too good... I just need a good social playlist to make it the game I spend most of my free time on again.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
watching liquid scrim last night and they put up a 2v2 ctf map that was literally a medium sized rectangle with a flag at each end and some cover/elevation along the sides. players spawned with a pistol and sniper and respawned almost instantly. looked like a fun, ultra fast, warm up mode. anyone know what the gametype/map combo is based on my terrible description?

Detective

Just can't believe how awesome the gameplay feels. The ground pound, the charge , thrust feels amazing. Hope thay don't take them out in Halo 6.
The pistol is great. The Movement altogether is great.

The feel and the speed is also great.

I've spent almost all my time in warzone because I like BTB and PvE and this sorta gives me both.

Don't like the BTB maps now. Hope they bring some real maps. Halo deserve real BTB maps.

And Am a bit sad also because I didn't use lots of time in other modes :(

I can't actually put it down. If Am not playing am watching others people do lol.

Just can't believe how awesome the gameplay feels. The ground pound, the charge , thrust feels amazing. Hope thay don't take them out in Halo 6.
The pistol is great. The Movement altogether is great.

The feel and the speed is also great.

I've spent almost all my time in warzone because I like BTB and PvE and this sorta gives me both.

Don't like the BTB maps now. Hope they bring some real maps. Halo deserve real BTB maps.

And Am a bit sad also because I didn't use lots of time I'm other modes :(

I can't actually put it down. If Am not playing am watching others people do lol.

Honeslty, i find myself playing more of the modes in this one. Before i stuck to BTB. Now i do BTB, warzone, breakout.

LOVE breakout.

Finally realized i shouldn't warm up with Warzone. I should warm up with SWAT.
If it's a crappy warzone game and the other team is steamrolling on the shoot the core train, my practice time becomes let's die by all of these vehicles and power weapons time.

Has someone recreated the Meta Raid map for the Husky Raid gametype yet? towards the end of my Halo 4 run thats all I was playing really and enjoyed the hell out of that clusterfuck gametype plus it was fun to play with friends.

Trup1aya

Finally realized i shouldn't warm up with Warzone. I should warm up with SWAT.
If it's a crappy warzone game and the other team is steamrolling on the shoot the core train, my practice time becomes let's die by all of these vehicles and power weapons time.

You should warm up using Warzone Assualt... Win or lose, land slide or blow out, you'll get plenty of target practice.

I second this. Plus Warzone Assault is just plain fun. I'm actually starting to like it more than Arena tbh.

You should warm up using Warzone Assualt... Win or lose, land slide or blow out, you'll get plenty of target practice.

Well that is what i used to do; Warzone Assault. Maybe i play too agreesive, but it didnt help me much. It made me feel worse when warming up my aiming. Like when i'd zoom in it would just be crap and squirly no matter how many times i tried to adjust settings.

Then playing swat, it helped me warm up my headshot aim.Then when i moved into some arena games, i felt way better. Felt dominant. Felt important. Felt like the game changer slushie from sonic.

Trup1aya

Well that is what i used to do; Warzone Assault. Maybe i play too agreesive, but it didnt help me much. It made me feel worse when warming up my aiming. Like when i'd zoom in it would just be crap and squirly no matter how many times i tried to adjust settings.

Then playing swat, it helped me warm up my headshot aim.Then when i moved into some arena games, i felt way better. Felt dominant. Felt important. Felt like the game changer slushie from sonic.

My thing with swat is that it's all head shots. So you aren't practing your nade tosses, or doing much strafing, team shotting, managing your shield, etc.. So much of what you need to get warmed up to, is completely missing.

pieface

This game is super infuriating. Seem to have one game where I'll play well and then 3 games followed by playing onyx players, when I'm diamond, and I shouldn't even be diamond. Let us drop ranks ffs. Or stop matching against the above tier... Gggrrr...

Tomash

I'm currently in the Warzone Assault game where time is slowed down, 1 second on server can last up to 5-10 seconds, nobody can kill anybody etc. I'm wondering what theater recording will look like. I've joined the game 10 mins ago and there's still a minute to pass and we still haven't captured Spire.

Match has had 48 quitters.It lasted 22 minutes, I joined halfway through.

This game is super infuriating. Seem to have one game where I'll play well and then 3 games followed by playing onyx players, when I'm diamond, and I shouldn't even be diamond. Let us drop ranks ffs. Or stop matching against the above tier... Gggrrr...

i dont understand why they put "winning" as such an important factor in these ranks. To me it should be individual statistics that make your rank. I was diamond at one point in slayer (not sure if thats good) i fucking stank in every game. But since the team was winning, i got it. Makes no sense whatsoever that i can get a good rank, playing like shit. Ill never understand it.

My thing with swat is that it's all head shots. So you aren't practing your nade tosses, or doing much strafing, team shotting, managing your shield, etc.. So much of what you need to get warmed up to, is completely missing.

Very good point. I guess i should give the assult another try with a different approach. Thanks!

link1201

I'm currently in the Warzone Assault game where time is slowed down, 1 second on server can last up to 5-10 seconds, nobody can kill anybody etc. I'm wondering what theater recording will look like. I've joined the game 10 mins ago and there's still a minute to pass and we still haven't captured Spire.

I was getting some weirdness yesterday. I got 2-3 from the grave medals with my pistol. I was dead awhile too. I hope the servers eventually stabilize to the point this stuff doesn't happen.

hwalker84

Bruh's
Screenshot-Original.png

any advice for getting out of plat when i primarily play solo, not with a party?

Also play solo and went from plat 1 to diamond 2/3 since launch.

1) Stay with your team

2) run if you dont think you can win a 1 vs 1

3) dont attack uphill, again it's ok to run from a battle

4) Get good with pistol to the point you never use the AR.

Trup1aya

Also play solo and went from plat 1 to diamond 2/3 since launch.

1) Stay with your team

2) run if you dont think you can win a 1 vs 1

3) dont attack uphill, again it's ok to run from a battle

4) Get good with pistol to the point you never use the AR.

To claifiy, I think your #2 i think you should say "retreat intelligently"... Turning and trying to sprinting away is usually useless... But if you can damage the enemy as much as possible just before cutting off his sightline, you have a larger chance of survival AND a larger chance of getting an assist.

jem0208

I honestly think if they changed the weapon set on Overgrowth it would be okay.

Currently it's fucking bad though.

Aaaaand Overgrowth again...

It's just your Spartan enhancements kicking in mate, you've entered Halo MM bullet time :)

mo60

I honestly think if they changed the weapon set on Overgrowth it would be okay.

Currently it's fucking bad though.

Aaaaand Overgrowth again...

About overgrowth it looks like you can break out the map in overgrowth which can be very beneficial for a player's team in strongholds and possibly even slayer

I found this on reddit. Someone recorded someone breaking out of the map in a strongholds match on overgrowth.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Economi/video/13696378

Trup1aya

i dont understand why they put "winning" as such an important factor in these ranks. To me it should be individual statistics that make your rank. I was diamond at one point in slayer (not sure if thats good) i fucking stank in every game. But since the team was winning, i got it. Makes no sense whatsoever that i can get a good rank, playing like shit. Ill never understand it.

It's a team game. The idea is that over a large sample of games, the system will get an idea of how good a team player you are...

I don't think 10 games is a large enough sample size, but in theory, the idea makes perfect sense

Chittagong

Gold Member
I've found that any time you are matched against an insanely overpowered player (think 25 kills in slayer) it's best back out of the matchmaking after the game for a minute or two, as quite often the game will rematch you for more humiliation.

My controller is already drifting up and I just got it on Christmas :( It came in the bundle so I don't think I can just go to the store and replace it. Has anyone fixed this issue with there's before it's really annoying when I play.

Trup1aya

If H5 didn't have the worst maps in the halo franchise, it would most likely be my favorite halo.

I really don't understand what makes these maps "bad"...

Colesium, truth, regret (this one had to grow on me), Eden, Fathom, Rig (strongholds only), Plaza... I think they are all, at worst, decent maps. Some are great even.

The only stinkers are Pegasus, Orion, and Overgrowth and Overgrowth really isn't bad for strong holds (the sword is gone.

The only real knock I have against the maps is the art direction. I wish they had some maps the look like Halo maps... there's a serious lack of the 'forerunner tech succumb to time' aesthetic .

The maps mostly play well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom