• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty good with it, and I use the primary semi auto fire most of the time. In a hallway aim down so it hits the ground first and just start firing off shots and strafing. It's not always that simple, but basically use the bounciness to your advantage.

I like it because it has interesting properties unlike weapons like the rocket launcher.

Yeah i agree. I always get kills with it. Fu sticking someone who is nearby their teammates and has no idda theyre about to explode into a bunch of blue whale exploding pee balls

Because JIP is shit.

Try hard is also the dumbest FPS term ever invented. Don't try and win guys!!

Teams steamrolling randoms in strongholds 5-100 is not fun. Makes me want to sell the game. Others too. I'm sure. I dont expect to win but serving up shitty matches is a sign of bad matchmaking or a bad community.

Also I'd like to know why you would rather teams be unbalanced for a match vs adding a player in and it not affecting their rank?

Csgo is the only other major online shooter I can think of that doesn't have join in progress (in matchmaking) and it has very strict penalties for quitting. Halo doesn't.

E92 M3

Halo should have something like where the more matches you play without quitting, the higher the chance of getting better loot.

Madness

Halo should have something like where the more matches you play without quitting, the higher the chance of getting better loot.

Even games like Gears have had a system like that. The more games you play in a row, the greater your bonus.

Additionally, yesterday, I was betrayed 10 seconds into a match for a power weapon, before any one had fired a shot. Why doesn't that warrant an instant boot? Do you really think it was a mistake that early on in the match, especially as I picked up a power weapon? Surely detection algorithms and systems are advanced enough to pick up on stuff like that. It took that guy betraying me 3x before he was booted.

Nutter

Someone is supposedly above average, wants to win, gets frustrated because others leave ruining their chance to win, calls others try hards because they want to win.

Ramirez

Teams steamrolling randoms in strongholds 5-100 is not fun. Makes me want to sell the game. Others too. I'm sure. I dont expect to win but serving up shitty matches is a sign of bad matchmaking or a bad community.

Also I'd like to know why you would rather teams be unbalanced for a match vs adding a player in and it not affecting their rank?

Csgo is the only other major online shooter I can think of that doesn't have join in progress (in matchmaking) and it has very strict penalties for quitting. Halo doesn't.

You're going into the most team work oriented list solo (apparently?) and complaining about uneven teams.

The game doesn't give you many options right now if you're solo, but if you're going to do ranked, then Slayer is going to offer you a much more fair experience in my play time. The matchmaking system can only do so much, and it IS offering me more close games than any Halo before, but solo objective with randoms is always going to be a shit experience at times.

The game should have party matching on and solo player playlist, but I'm working with what they give me here. I don't want JiP because it greatly diminishes the feel of a Halo match. I just don't like it, I don't care if I don't lose rank or not, I do not want to join a game that is in progress. I joined several WZ games today where my team was already 3 bases down, it's a complete waste of my time, and to add it to Arena, which is supposed to be the ranked section of the game, would be terrible. Just enforced harsher quit penalties, start taking REQ points, etc.

Anyways, here's a great example of why I don't think anyone should ever post up stats on a game immediately after losing:

1st game,

AtFGbXH.png

Dude completely carried us to the win with an 8.7 KD/A

2nd game,

Anchored us, lol.

Sometimes you give the D, sometimes it gets you. ;P

But for real, whose dick I gotta suck to get a Extermination in this game??

GSO, kids. We lost tho. :(

Madness

Nornfang is god.

I didn't get the earlier shots recorded, but I one shot a Warthog and got a triple kill, then some guy called in a Phaeton and I killed it in four shots, I feel bad lol.

Can't wait till I unlock it. Randomly in a Warzone match I was given the highest Beam Rifle version. Man that fires so fast and was so dangerous, I think I got 8 kills before they finally were aware that someone has an OP gun and a few called in their own snipers.

I wish they bring these into Arena as well. Maybe in just social playlists, imagine Legendary Snipers, or things like Fiesta Slayer which drops all mythic/ultra rare and legendary weapons. Imagine the snow maps everyone is making being able to actually use the new tundra warthog and vehicles etc.

Can't wait till I unlock it. Randomly in a Warzone match I was given the highest Beam Rifle version. Man that fires so fast and was so dangerous, I think I got 8 kills before they finally were aware that someone has an OP gun and a few called in their own snipers.

I wish they bring these into Arena as well. Maybe in just social playlists, imagine Legendary Snipers, or things like Fiesta Slayer which drops all mythic/ultra rare and legendary weapons. Imagine the snow maps everyone is making being able to actually use the new tundra warthog and vehicles etc.

I think vehicle skins are more likely than some of the super weapons in Forge. I really can't wait to see what they have in store for us this month. My snow map is crying out for snow hogs and mongoose...mongooses...mongi?

Predictions for January Update?

New Reqs
Gametypes
Mercenary/Party playlists

Leyasu

Banned
Sometimes I wonder who makes these teams... lol
Where you at in the world??

Just got back on after the Christmas holidays. Feels good to be back. I'm getting a lot of pressure from my mates to pick up battlefront, but I just can't imagine dropping this at the moment.

Just got back on after the Christmas holidays. Feels good to be back. I'm getting a lot of pressure from my mates to pick up battlefront, but I just can't imagine dropping this at the moment.

I'm from California and that game was around 1 pm, so I really don't understand the MM at times.

Leyasu

Banned
I'm from California and that game was around 1 pm, so I really don't understand the MM at times.
Two of the guys from the other team were from Holland... No wonder you smashed them to pieces. Although I am not doubting your skill lol. 1pm your time puts it around 10pm CET. The game gets very temperamental for Europeans around that time. 343 need to sort the matchmaking out.

Go to page 253 of this thread to see what it is like for us on U.S. servers.

Trup1aya

I have continued to play this game because I want to like it.

But believe me when I say that playing solo in this game is a worse experience than counter strike go soloqueuing.

There are so many tryhard groups and stupidly skilled players ruining matches and so many people eager to quit after the first 5 minutes if they aren't winning or on top of the leaderboard. And nobody communicates or plays objective.

Microsoft/343 made a huge mistake catering to these wannabe pro players and the esports scene. It's going to continue to erode away at the player base because playing this game casually is not a fun experience.

I'm better than average, I think. I like the movement abilities and I love the feel of the pistol. But man does this game frustrate me more than any other shooter.

Also the lag has been pretty bad lately. Players just completely disappear and reappear in a different spot. It's awful.

I really don't understand your logic. People who play to win are bad for the game? But people who quit because they aren't winning are also bad for the game... Was the developers supposed to develop a game where no one cares if they win or lose. What do you suggest? maybe the game shouldn't keep score? Would that keep up the population?

What design decisions do you think they made that discourage people from playing the game the way it was meant to be played?

Are you not a try hard? It sounds like you want to cooperate with your team and win as well... And it's the fact that your team Matchmade team doesn't share your desires that frustrates you.

Madness

I think vehicle skins are more likely than some of the super weapons in Forge. I really can't wait to see what they have in store for us this month. My snow map is crying out for snow hogs and mongoose...mongooses...mongi?

Predictions for January Update?

New Reqs
Gametypes
Mercenary/Party playlists

Yeah, the new tundra warthogs and mongoose would look so amazing in the new snow maps. I wonder since they're more upgraded than regular vehicles, whether those properties would ever transfer over to Arena.

I do hope some more maps come. I mean some of the forge creations are just crazy what you guys are achieving. Wouldn't mind a Community Cartographer Playlist where you can play 10 community maps each week, social so it doesn't impact rank and it gives the forgers solid feedback. Mark V will be coming in January, but I expect it'll also be mythic.

Eurgh, don't do it. If you're anything like me, going from Halo 5 to Battlefront is... urgh. Just don't.

Leyasu

Banned
Eurgh, don't do it. If you're anything like me, going from Halo 5 to Battlefront is... urgh. Just don't.
I played the beta and it wasn't for me. If halo 5 wasn't out I would probably get it. But nothing comes close to this game. Halo 5 has ruined everything else for me.

aravuus

Brother got an Xbone some days ago, so I decided to order Halo 5. After the disappointment that was Halo 4, I haven't really been following anything H5 related. As someone who's played Halo 3 and Reach for dozens of hours, am I gonna feel right at home with H5 or are there any major differences I should know of before jumping in?

Fuchsdh

Trup1aya

I played the beta and it wasn't for me. If halo 5 wasn't out I would probably get it. But nothing comes close to this game. Halo 5 has ruined everything else for me.

I feel the same way... I almost hate how much I love this game...

Can't even think about playing other games, let alone other shooters

Brother got an Xbone some days ago, so I decided to order Halo 5. After the disappointment that was Halo 4, I haven't really been following anything H5 related. As someone who's played Halo 3 and Reach for dozens of hours, am I gonna feel right at home with H5 or are there any major differences I should know of before jumping in?

To me, if Reaches armor abilities were balanced in a way that better fit the meta established in H2-3, then H5 would be the result. At least that's how I feel.

There are some folks who don't feel like H5 is a halo game at all... But I truly don't comprehend that sentiment.

I feel like it's the game Halo 4, Halo: Reach should have been

It will feel very different, and then it'll feel like Halo, and all will be well.*

*and if not, you're a heathen.

In all seriousness, it will feel different to 3 and Reach, if you really got under their skin.

Go into customs and tool about getting a feel for the movement, abilities and aiming.

I rarely save clips, but i saved this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sir dany12/video/13686000

It's not much :p

I love moments like that. It's like you become a ninja and everything you do works. It's why I love Halo: you get that moment where every enemy you face melts, you're living on 1/10th health, and you're taking names.

It has a OKish campaign and way better multiplayer gameplay (talking about gameplay only, the rest YMMV) than both.

Not bad :) I've found that I really like holding that territory because it's always a rush to get into these long defensive combat loops with guys coming at you from both sides.

A little play that was decent recently (and probably my third use of ground pound since the beta:)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fuchsdh/video/13686041

Nice one!
I've been using Ground Pound very often, specially in that map. You can get a few kills on Pit by doing that :p

I got this too, but they were a little bad... http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sir dany12/video/13394474

aravuus

To me, if Reaches armor abilities were balanced in a way that better fit the meta established in H2-3, then H5 would be the result. At least that's how I feel.

There are some folks who don't feel like H5 is a halo game at all... But I truly don't comprehend that sentiment.

I feel like it's the game Halo 4, Halo: Reach should have been

Really? Reach is probably my favorite Halo overall, really the only thing I disliked about it was the way they handled some of the armor abilities, so it sounds like Halo 5 could be right up my alley. Sure hope so at least, would love to have a new addicting Halo game to play whenever I'm bored.

Thanks for the replies, all! Tomorrow is something-something holiday in Finland so the game won't dispatch before Thursday, hope I'll get it by Friday. Uni classes resume on Monday so I'd love to get into the game before that.

BraXzy

Holy shit, duck hunt seems really fun lol

It's incredible, and done so early on. The scripting with the various interactive things to shoot is so well done. The best custom game out there right now IMO. Till infection shows up.

I wasn't a big fan of 4 either, but Halo 5 is fantastic. The campaign while YMMV on the story, has really good level design. Combined with the new gameplay which is godlike, makes for an enjoyable experience regardless.

The multiplayer is arguably the best it has ever been. It feels like a great evolution of what we knew and loved. It does take a little while to get used to all the new abilities but you get into the groove fairly quick. I recommend doing campaign first to do so.

Trup1aya

Really? Reach is probably my favorite Halo overall, really the only thing I disliked about it was the way they handled some of the armor abilities, so it sounds like Halo 5 could be right up my alley. Sure hope so at least, would love to have a new addicting Halo game to play whenever I'm bored.

Thanks for the replies, all! Tomorrow is something-something holiday in Finland so the game won't dispatch before Thursday, hope I'll get it by Friday. Uni classes resume on Monday so I'd love to get into the game before that.

That's what I'm getting at, if Reach would have handled Armor abilities properly... I think a game like Halo 5 would have been the outcome... I know people of people liked Reach but it all went down hill from there...

shoreu

Duck Hunt looks amazing lol, first time I see it

Holy shit, duck hunt seems really fun lol

It has a OKish campaign and way better multiplayer gameplay (talking about gameplay only, the rest YMMV) than both.

It's incredible, and done so early on. The scripting with the various interactive things to shoot is so well done. The best custom game out there right now IMO. Till infection shows up.

I wasn't a big fan of 4 either, but Halo 5 is fantastic. The campaign while YMMV on the story, has really good level design. Combined with the new gameplay which is godlike, makes for an enjoyable experience regardless.

The multiplayer is arguably the best it has ever been. It feels like a great evolution of what we knew and loved. It does take a little while to get used to all the new abilities but you get into the groove fairly quick. I recommend doing campaign first to do so.

Gonna start looking for people to play with do you guys want in on duck hunt?

That's what I'm getting at, if Reach would have handled Armor abilities properly... I think a game like Halo 5 would have been the outcome... I know people of people liked Reach but it all went down hill from there...

Reach mucked up more than just AAs for me. Speed, jump height, bloom, a fair number of weaker maps.

link1201

...but Halo 5 is fantastic. The campaign while YMMV on the story, has really good level design. Combined with the new gameplay which is godlike, makes for an enjoyable experience regardless.

I agree with this. This is the best Halo in years.

Trup1aya

Reach mucked up more than just AAs for me. Speed, jump height, bloom, a fair number of weaker maps.

That's all true... It was impossible to have good maps when the armor abilities and shooting mechanics already destroyed the meta...

I can understand why 343i would make halo 4... Reach's reception indicated that changing the meta was ok...

I think if Reach had set out to balance the new mechanism in a way that complimented the existing meta, you have a game that plays like H5

Raide

If anyone is super, super bored. Add my GT and run around my new 2V2 Map "Skies and Lows" Trying to make an more open 2v2 Slayer map and I am learning about Weapon Placement and also map control based upon team movement.

As always, it has man-cannons. :D

Any feedback would be great.

takes me 5-10 minutes to find a BTB game, PLEASE put in actual social and not ranked with invisible ranks.

EDIT: actually I cant find a game period. This is so stupid.

aravuus

takes me 5-10 minutes to find a BTB game, PLEASE put in actual social and not ranked with invisible ranks.

EDIT: actually I cant find a game period. This is so stupid.

Ouch, that doesn't sound good. I love BTB, hope I won't have that much trouble finding games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom