• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I play The Rig, the more people seem to be camping on it, the team that has the sniper, obviously. I think the map would play a lot better without it, plus the caster is fucking worthless. (for the millionth time)

The Storm Rifle is more of a power weapon than the caster, and those things spawn every 5 seconds, god damn what a frustrating weapon to fight against.

Anyone know what number you have to hit for Champion in Slayer this season? I assume 2200 or so, I'm not even close, but damn, 1850 is a huge improvement over pre season where I couldn't stay above 1550. The changes I did to my aiming settings did wonders for me.

Can't wait to ODST drop into Old Russia in Halo 8 though.

lol

Do share these settings.

EDIT:

So forge received an update today.

68of8.jpg

They dont even really need a PvE mode. Add alot more scripting/objectives to forge and finally give us the ability to place AI. They could have INFINITE content of things people make and could have a fileshare-store type thing were the missions get sold for $1-2 or however many RP points. Lets us use REQs during them and get rewarded xp/rp/something else.

E92 M3

It's so easy to avoid though, the weapon really needed to work like the old GL, allowing you to decide when to detonate shots. The weapon rots on literally every map it's on, unless Funknown is in the game.

The weapon is OP as fuck in the hands of a good player, and absolutely too powerful on its current spawn rate. It can kill just as fast at midrange if you don't overheat it, and up close, you can sit the controller down, because they're either going to kill you with the gun, or pulse you for .5 seconds and melee you.

It either needs to be moved to a mid tier weapon, which is what I feel it is or overheat faster.

That's some massive exaggeration that is exacerbated by human emotion. You just don't like getting killed by it so complain on the forum. Until 343 gives some solid numbers, I don't care about anecdotal emotions. It's a good weapon, but you make it seem like it's the second coming.

Most complaints on the internet are derived from "I don't like getting killed by X, please nerf."

I play a lot of Halo as well, and the SR is not that prominent. Shotgun is a lot more deadlier. Every weapon has it's place and I will loudly advocate against complaints to change the sandbox. It's way too good to be changed.

They dont even really need a PvE mode. Add alot more scripting/objectives to forge and finally give us the ability to place AI. They could have INFINITE content of things people make and could have a fileshare-store type thing were the missions get sold for $1-2 or however many RP points. Lets us use REQs during them and get rewarded xp/rp/something else.

daily-show-spit-take.gif

We definitely still need a brick-and-mortar PvE mode

daily-show-spit-take.gif

We definitely still need a brick-and-mortar PvE mode

I would take a little big planet/infamous community created PvE content over something like developer made firefight. You know they probably couldn't do both. We didn't even get split screen/campaign scoring/btb/more than 5 gametypes/forge because they didn't have enough people/priorities.

Crouch on stick makes for especially enthusiastic teabagging.

I'm kind of surprised at the bad teabagging techniques I see (receive) in this game.

PSA- you need to extend the crouch until your cod piece reaches the upper amd lower apexes... Don't get too excited or you'll just shake around like a white girl trying to twerk for the first time.

Slow it down, you need long, smooth strokes so you really dunk those man-berries in there... Do not shake the berries!!!

Fuchsdh

I'm kind of surprised at the bad teabagging techniques I see (receive) in this game.

PSA- you need to extend the crouch until your cod piece reaches the upper amd lower apexes... Don't get too excited or you'll just shake around like a white girl trying to twerk for the first time.

Slow it down, you need long, smooth strokes so you really dunk those man-berries in there... Do not shake the berries!!!

I've been offended by people not actually going to my corpse to teabag, but just randomly crouching wherever they were standing when I was killed.

Ramirez

I'd love it to be more like the Reach GL, absolutely, but it's not easy to avoid when fired in to tight confines, which is where it shines.

I mean...I can't really debate this without sounding rude, it's extremely easy to avoid as long as you know it's coming. The weapon is basically only good for when people are completely unaware of you, but how often does that happen in Arena?

That's some massive exaggeration that is exacerbated by human emotion. You just don't like getting killed by it so complain on the forum. Until 343 gives some solid numbers, I don't care about anecdotal emotions. It's a good weapon, but you make it seem like it's the second coming.

Most complaints on the internet are derived from "I don't like getting killed by X, please nerf."

I play a lot of Halo as well, and the SR is not that prominent. Shotgun is a lot more deadlier. Every weapon has it's place and I will loudly advocate against complaints to change the sandbox. It's way too good to be changed.

Bullshit. Has nothing to do with my emotions on getting killed by it, I do not come on here and complain about nonsense every day. The weapon outclasses a vast majority of the weapons, and I do not think it is intended to do what it does at the moment.

The reason it isn't prominent is because you're probably playing people who don't realize its potency. Shotgun is not even close to being as versatile as the SR, nor is it as plentiful. Not to mention the kill potential of a Shotgun is what, 6 if all of the shots one shot, which they won't. The SR has enough ammo to kill way more than 6, and is up pretty much anytime you pass over its spawn locations.

I played a game of Empire earlier where the other team had 2 guys with a SR the entire match, opting to use it over their other guns, and it was working pretty damn great for them.

If you don't want to nerf it, then it needs to be treated as the powerful weapon it is, that's all I'm saying.

Yeah I see that a lot.
I mean Halo is teabag city but most don't execute it correctly... Its a crying shame.

We almost need a full teabag animation made for us which can be locked on (like the hydra) to the visor of the deceased as the skill has been lost.

Detective

Just played against 343. lol. My team really was weak . sucked big time. Oml3t killed me once. I killed Karnivore once. Really funny. I had to stay and diffend the core almost the whole match.

Great seeing them on the game :D

E92 M3

I mean...I can't really debate this without sounding rude, it's extremely easy to avoid as long as you know it's coming. The weapon is basically only good for when people are completely unaware of you, but how often does that happen in Arena?

Bullshit. Has nothing to do with my emotions on getting killed by it, I do not come on here and complain about nonsense every day. The weapon outclasses a vast majority of the weapons, and I do not think it is intended to do what it does at the moment.

The reason it isn't prominent is because you're probably playing people who don't realize it's potency. Shotgun is not even close to being as versatile as the SR, nor is it as plentiful. Not to mention the kill potential of a Shotgun is what, 6 if all of the shots one shot, which they won't. The SR has enough ammo to kill way more than 6, and is up pretty much anytime you pass over its spawn locations.

I played a game of Empire earlier where the other team had 2 guys with a SR the entire match, opting to use it over their other guns, and it was working pretty damn great for them.

If you don't want to nerf it, then it needs to be treated as the powerful weapon it is, that's all I'm saying.

A player can make any weapon work really well for them, and like I said I play very competitively and take Halo seriously. The Halo 5 sandbox is the best sandbox Halo ever had. That is not even up for debate. Secondly, the SR is available often so if it's so good everyone can use it. It does not outclass everything like you say it does. It's all a matter of engaging into encounters that are smart. If you use the BR, keep it midrange or do sneak attacks. The SR destroys at CQC, but in that case be aware of the weapons on the field.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but 343 tested the shit out of the weapons to make sure they were balanced and fun. We both have differing opinions, and that's exactly that, opinions. It's funny, I don't even use the SR that much - not for my style of play. Some players gravitate towards it, and some don't.

Nothing stopping you from using it as well.

Im happy with it, it ain't a power weapon that's for sure... And it should be a bit better than a default weapon at its a pick up.

Strider

Yea I'm with Ramirez on this... Storm Rifle is absolutely too good for how quickly it spawns. I've mentioned it multiple times before. Every 10 seconds is just crazy for how good the weapon is...

Has nothing to do with emotion or "don't like being killed by X weapon" ... It needs a slight tweak.

The best kind of teabagging possible in Halo 5 requires full control of your armor abilities.

1. Stand over corpse
2. look down
3. Jump, scope, stabilize
4. During your descent, shoot enemy corpse while spamming crouch

You can up your DPMs by like 67.5 doing it this way.

The best kind of teabagging possible in Halo 5 requires full control of your armor abilities.

1. Stand over corpse
2. look down
3. Jump, scope, stabilize
4. During your descent, shoot enemy corpse while spamming crouch

You can up your DPMs by like 67.5 doing it this way.

You must still be bad at Halo. Nobody uses DPM units anymore because of how high the number of dongs have gotten, much like people dont talk in bytes or Kbytes anymore. DPH is probably the lowest unit discussed in terms of donging these days.

E92 M3

Yea I'm with Ramirez on this... Storm Rifle is absolutely too good for how quickly it spawns. I've mentioned it multiple times before. Every 10 seconds is just crazy for how good the weapon is...

Has nothing to do with emotion or "don't like being killed by X weapon" ... It needs a slight tweak.

Too good by what metric? It's a good weapon, but not some super gun that nukes everyone.

lol, ok guys.

Sometimes it seems like you have a superiority complex. Most of us don't work for 343 and can't see the data; everything in this thread is opinion that can be discussed.

I've been playing shooters for many years and it happens all the time: X weapon interferes with a player's playstyle. That player says weapon is OP instead of analyzing the situation.

Only have emblems to unlock on silver tier now, around 71 minus whatever ones come with commendations. One step closer to the Mk IV dream.

Ramirez

Sometimes it seems like you have a superiority complex.

Bruh, you just made shit up in that response. I never debated a single thing about the overall sandbox, or said it was bad? I've said many times here it's easily the best sandbox of the Halo's. I never said it outclassed everything, I said it outclasses the same weapons in its tier by a wide margin. Then you start trying to coach me on how to play? Like, wat?

The storm rifle, as it stands, is too strong to spawn as quickly as it does, if you disagree with this statement, and this statement alone, then I don't know what to tell you.

You must still be bad at Halo. Nobody uses DPM units anymore because of how high the number of dongs have gotten, much like people dont talk in bytes or Kbytes anymore. DPH is probably the lowest unit discussed in terms of donging these days.

Macrochronodongonomics are uncharted territory for casuals. I'm just using hypothetical anecdotes; a dong in skilled hands has exponentially more potential for output, statistically speaking.

E92 M3

Bruh, you just made shit up in that response. I never debated a single thing about the overall sandbox, or said it was bad? I've said many times here it's easily the best sandbox of the Halo's. I never said it outclassed everything, I said it outclasses the same weapons in its tier by a wide margin. Then you start trying to coach me on how to play? Like, wat?

The storm rifle, as it stands, is too strong to spawn as quickly as it does, if you disagree with this statement, and this statement alone, then I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe we are having some misunderstandings. I never made any shit up, but saying "lol, ok" is just like telling me that I am just saying dumb shit. All I want to know, is if 343 considers it too strong based on hard numbers.

How else can it work where I say it's not too strong and you say it is? The gun isn't even that fun for me. Sure I get killed by it, but not more than getting killed by an AR.

The SR is stronger than an AR, but not stronger than a Tier 2 power weapon. It fits in the middle.

Ultimately, it's evident we don't agree on the SR, so lets leave it at that.

Leyasu

Banned
Nothing stopping you from using it as well.

Im happy with it, it ain't a power weapon that's for sure... And it should be a bit better than a default weapon at its a pick up.
Meh, the SR is a great pick up. I don't mind getting fucked by it because I use it every opportunity... It is there for everyone like you said! If you can't beat em, join em.

Side note. Frankie if you are reading, you better get on to the top men at Microsoft, it appears that the azure centers have gone down AGAIN in the EU. It must be bothersome for Microsoft how many problems they have outside of the U.S..

I just went 20 for 6 on a US server, and had to play out of my fucking skin for that. Enough for the night.

Tawpgun

Maybe we are having some misunderstandings. I never made any shit up, but saying "lol, ok" is just like telling me that I am just saying dumb shit. All I want to know, is if 343 considers it too strong based on hard numbers.

How else can it work where I say it's not too strong and you say it is? The gun isn't even that fun for me. Sure I get killed by it, but not more than getting killed by an AR.

The SR is stronger than an AR, but not stronger than a Tier 2 power weapon. It fits in the middle.

Ultimately, it's evident we don't agree on the SR, so lets leave it at that.

AR isn't in its class.

The SMG and the supressor are. Storm rifle dumps on both of those.

Strider

Too good by what metric? It's a good weapon, but not some super gun that nukes .

The TTK is fucking ridiculously fast and as long as you're not wasting shots putting the weapon on cool down the gun is disgusting for a weapon that's available every 10 seconds. In my slayer matches when I spawn I either go pick up a SR or I have no chance in any close range engagement because you can bet your ass the enemy will have one. I literally have games where I don't feel confident engaging without one.... It's a better gun the the AR suppressor and SMG no doubt. A slight nerf would bring it more in line with those.

You claim you take the game super serious and that you've played a bunch of halo 5 but yet I bet you've played a small fraction of games compared to someone like me or Ram if you actually feel the gun is fine as is... Keep playing. Use it. You'll see. Suggesting someone way more experienced than you is asking for nerfs based on "emotions" and because they "don't like being killed by it" is pretty silly though.

E92 M3

AR isn't in its class.

The SMG and the supressor are. Storm rifle dumps on both of those.

I know AR is not in class. Funny you mention the SMG, it's my favorite over the SR actually. Love the SMG.

When it comes to the Suppressor: I barely used it and don't have any input. I do know that it seems to work better in a mid-long range type encounters.

The TTK is fucking ridiculously fast and as long as you're not wasting shots putting the weapon on cool down the gun is disgusting for a weapon that's available every 10 seconds. In my slayer matches when I spawn I either go pick up a SR or I have no chance in any close range engagement because you can bet your ass the enemy will have one. I literally have games where I don't feel confident engaging without one.... It's a better gun the the AR suppressor and SMG no doubt. A slight nerf would bring it more in line with those.

You claim you take the game super serious and that you've played a bunch of halo 5 but yet I bet you've played a small fraction of games compared to someone like me or Ram if you actually feel the gun is fine as is... Keep playing. Use it. You'll see. Suggesting someone way more experienced than you is asking for nerfs based on "emotions" and because they "don't like being killed by it" is pretty silly though.

Hahah, I was waiting for the "more experienced" argument - which is actually bullshit. That's when you know there is nothing else to say. I played the game enough to understand different weapon dynamics. Also, it's very silly to make assumptions about someone's skill level in Halo - a series I've been playing since inception. Of course you guys played more than me, I completely hated the controls until the patch.

Most of my playtime is in FFA and the SR isn't too bad. Maybe with organized teams it can get annoying, but there is a counter.

C'mon, Strider, don't start with the gross elitism as a defense for an argument that is solely based on ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE. Until 343 releases hard numbers we are both arguing opinion.

I am sorry Master Strider and Ramirez, for I am silly noob to talking against the great gods of Halo. I have shamed my family for ever talking against such experienced players.

Have you got practically everything unlocked, or did you get kinda lucky?
Took me about 30 something Gold packs to unlock after finishing with Bronze/Silvers. Mind you, I opened several Gold packs before then, but couldn't have been more than 10 before I learned the best way to unlock certifications.

The weapon rots on literally every map it's on, unless Funknown is in the game.
Truth: Get Camo, waltz calmly to PC since no one picks it up, then continue to terrorize the enemy and easily control their movement. Shoot charge shots all over the ceilings; you can literally rain hell from anywhere on Truth because of how open the ceiling is. Be creative, have it rain plasma shots.
The Rig: It's a little tougher to get a handle on enemy positions compared to Truth, but with the PC it's much easier. One little shot around a corner and you'll know if there's a camper waiting for you.​

See your teammates being attacked? Shoot behind the enemy as they're engaging your teammates. Don't directly shoot at people attacking you because like you said, it's easy to avoid if you know it's coming, unless you're being attacked elsewhere. The PC works best as a support weapon, not as a direct-assault weapon. It needs to be treated as a power weapon because can you imagine it respawning 10 secs after being fully used like the Shotgun? You might be complaining about how OP it is, and probably be arguing in favor of putting it on a power weapon pad lol

Think they should put it on a power weapon pad?

Strider

Hahah, I was waiting for the "more experienced" argument. That's when you know there is nothing else to say. I played the game enough to understand different weapon dynamics. Also, it's very silly to make assumptions about someone's skill level in Halo - a series I've been playing since inception.

Most of my playtime is in FFA and the SR isn't too bad. Maybe with organized teams it can get annoying,.

C'mon, Strider, don't start with the gross elitism as a defense for an argument that is solely based on ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE. Until 343 releases hard numbers we are both arguing opinion.

I never made an assumption of your skill level. Just how much time you've actually spent playing the game. I would never suggest someones skill level matters in a debate over weapon balance. experience is not the same as skill and yes I definitely think it's important to have enough experience with all the weapons to make a good assessment of weapon balance.

Most of my playtime is in FFA and the SR isn't too bad. Maybe with organized teams it can get annoying,.

And this is the point I'm making. It seems like you actually have very little experience in other game modes compared to FFA and don't realize just how often people will just grab a SR and sit camp around with it only to kill you incredibly fast once they get the jump.

There's actual counter play to the other auto rifles if they camp with them as they don't kill you so fast you can't react... But there isn't shit you can do if they have an SR but make sure you have your own SR lol

E92 M3

I never made an assumption of your skill level. Just how much time you've actually spent playing the game. I would never suggest someones skill level matters in a debate over weapon balance. experience is not the same as skill.

And this is the point I'm making. It seems like you actually have very little experience in other game modes compared to FFA and don't realize just how often people will just grab a SR and sit camp around with it only to kill you incredibly fast once they get the jump.

There's actually counter play to the other auto rifles if they camp with them as they don't kill you so fast you can't react... But there isn't shit you can do if they have an SR but make sure you have your own SR lol

Okay, it just seemed like you were calling me out because I didn't play as many games as you guys (and I never hid that fact).

Well, I know most of you here play with groups, but can't you call out campers or dudes chilling with the SR. I am utmost certain that there are proper ways to handle those shenanigans. Again, this anecdotal, but I barely saw any SR in the qualifiers. Lots of pistol (my bae) and BR. SR appeared sometimes, but it was not a game changer.

Strider

Okay, it just seemed like you were calling me out because I didn't play as many games as you guys (and I never hid that fact).

Well, I know most of you here play with groups, but can't you call out campers or dudes chilling with the SR. I am utmost certain that there are proper ways to handle those shenanigans. Again, this anecdotal, but I barely saw any SR in the qualifiers. Lots of pistol (my bae) and BR. SR appeared sometimes, but it was not a game changer.

In the first qualifier I saw all the weapons being used. It was really awesome actually. I remember a specific match on Regret where every weapon was used quite a bit... Even the BoltShot and Needler were picked up multiple times. Good and exciting games to watch

This most recent qualifier I saw a whole lot more SR use. People stopped grabbing everything else and weapon variety was much much lower. This will only get worse and I'd suggest going back and finding the matches on maps like Regret and Empire. SR was used constantly.

Well, I know most of you here play with groups

I've never played with a group. Largest party I've ever played with is 2 and 95% of my games are solo queue. Caling out is not a thing lol

jem0208

SR is straight up OP.

It either needs a nerf or to be treated as a shotgun tier weapon. I'd prefer a nerf because it's not only ridiculously powerful at CQC to mid (seriously it's better than a shotgun) it's also ridiculously easy to use.

Trup1aya

Can I chime in? I do think the SR is a bit overpower when compared to the weapons in its class... I think they attempted to balance it in comparison to the SMG, by having it overheat, but that isn't enough, because you can burst fire it, and kill multiple people without issue...

If I had to choose between AR and the Shotty, the SR's versatility and starting ammo arguably make SR the better option... and we're talking about a tier 1 vs a tier 2. That's silly...

I think balance could be improved by

1) making it tier 2 (which would be weird because both teams have access to one)
2) making it do less damage to an unshielded Spartans.
3) make it overheat faster

jem0208

Can I chime in? I do think the SR is a bit overpower when compared to the weapons in its class... I think they attempted to balance it in comparison to the SMG, by having it overheat, but that isn't enough, because you can burst fire it, and kill multiple people without issue...

If I had to choose between AR and the Shotty, the SR's versatility and starting ammo arguably make SR the better option... and we're talking about a tier 1 vs a tier 2. That's silly...

I think balance could be improved by

1) making it tier 2 (which would be weird because both teams have access to one)
2) making it do less damage to an unshielded Spartans.
3) make it overheat faster
Faster overheat would be cool.

Make it so it overheats after the number of shots for a perfect kill and it would force people to burst fire it, both increases skill required (although not by particularly much) and effectively nerfs it.

E92 M3

In the first qualifier I saw all the weapons being used. It was really awesome actually. I remember a specific match on Regret where every weapon was used quite a bit... Even the BoltShot and Needler were picked up multiple times. Good and exciting games to watch

This most recent qualifier I saw a whole lot more SR use. People stopped grabbing everything else and weapon variety was much much lower. This will only get worse and I'd suggest going back and finding the matches on maps like Regret and Empire. SR was used constantly.

I've never played with a group. Largest party I've ever played with is 2 and 95% of my games are solo queue. Caling out is not a thing lol

Yes, weapon variety being used makes me quite happy. I don't want to see that go haha. Other than that, my bad for getting angry - misunderstood your tone.

Strider

Yes, weapon variety being used makes me quite happy. I don't want to see that go haha. Other than that, my bad for getting angry - misunderstood your tone.

No hard feelings
goodjob.gif
I'm sure I could've worded my post better as well.

In the end I know we both want the same goal though. The most balanced weapon sandbox possible.. And without a doubt we have the most balanced Halo ever atm. For me though 2 weapons still need to be touched and that's the Storm Rifle and the Sniper.

They just need to make the Storm Rifle eat shields while not ripping health like it does, that's what plasma weapons are supposed to do after all. Though they shouldn't be totally ineffective towards health damage like Halo 3.

My go to teabag has evolved over the years. Started out with the over exuberant floor slammer, moved on to the 920 spinner while staring directly at the sky, now settled on the trusty rapid bag with frenzied body melee'ing. Fast paced Arena games usually force my hand to a compact double dip before another fight begins. Developed a respectable oeuvre and will add to it with Wahrer's suggestion.

Don't want to weigh in too much on the SR discussion without YouTube test videos showing ttk and ranged power comparisons with the other autos but from my experience playing mostly FFA and big team it hasn't seemed that bad. It's certainly stronger than the smg point blank but it feels like the smg has greater concentrated power at range when scoped. I think the autos are all a little too strong personally but then I'd be happy if they were out completely ala h2, 3, Reach and 4 MLG settings.

Anyone else still changing their controller settings every other game? I think I've found the right mix then I'll have a game where it feels off and I'll change them again. Becoming a little frustrating.

jem0208

Anyone else still changing their controller settings every other game? I think I've found the right mix then I'll have a game where it feels off and I'll change them again. Becoming a little frustrating.

Try and power through the odd off feeling game. I've gotten completely used to my settings now. Honestly feels fine to me.

Strider

Try and power through the odd off feeling game. I've gotten completely used to my settings now. Honestly feels fine to me.

This.

Find something you feel good with then stick to it. Everyone has bad games or days with shooters but if you adjust your settings too much your just gonna throw yourself off

Ramirez

Took me about 30 something Gold packs to unlock after finishing with Bronze/Silvers. Mind you, I opened several Gold packs before then, but couldn't have been more than 10 before I learned the best way to unlock certifications.

Truth: Get Camo, waltz calmly to PC since no one picks it up, then continue to terrorize the enemy and easily control their movement. Shoot charge shots all over the ceilings; you can literally rain hell from anywhere on Truth because of how open the ceiling is. Be creative, have it rain plasma shots.
The Rig: It's a little tougher to get a handle on enemy positions compared to Truth, but with the PC it's much easier. One little shot around a corner and you'll know if there's a camper waiting for you.​

See your teammates being attacked? Shoot behind the enemy as they're engaging your teammates. Don't directly shoot at people attacking you because like you said, it's easy to avoid if you know it's coming, unless you're being attacked elsewhere. The PC works best as a support weapon, not as a direct-assault weapon. It needs to be treated as a power weapon because can you imagine it respawning 10 secs after being fully used like the Shotgun? You might be complaining about how OP it is, and probably be arguing in favor of putting it on a power weapon pad lol

Why bother with camo, just go straight for the caster, no one is going to be contesting it, lol.

If the SR was on a pad, people would actually fight over it unlike the caster.

Did I mention the PC is shit against a half competent team, Fun? Cuz it is. ;p

My go to teabag has evolved over the years. Started out with the over exuberant floor slammer, moved on to the 920 spinner while staring directly at the sky, now settled on the trusty rapid bag with frenzied body melee'ing. Fast paced Arena games usually force my hand to a compact double dip before another fight begins. Developed a respectable oeuvre and will add to it with Wahrer's suggestion.

Don't want to weigh in too much on the SR discussion without YouTube test videos showing ttk and ranged power comparisons with the other autos but from my experience playing mostly FFA and big team it hasn't seemed that bad. It's certainly stronger than the smg point blank but it feels like the smg has greater concentrated power at range when scoped. I think the autos are all a little too strong personally but then I'd be happy if they were out completely ala h2, 3, Reach and 4 MLG settings.

I broke this habit a few nights ago because it was becoming eerily similar to my tweaking tendencies early in my PC gaming experience. Now I have a bit of peace and try to go through a warm up experience to get into the hang of the controls.

I asked this, but I'll answer it: No lol, and it's because there are better options once I cared to think about it. They could make the ammo drain faster and only have one on maps, like Fathom, but I don't think it needs a serious nerf to the point where it'll be avoided.
SR is straight up OP.

It either needs a nerf or to be treated as a shotgun tier weapon. I'd prefer a nerf because it's not only ridiculously powerful at CQC to mid (seriously it's better than a shotgun) it's also ridiculously easy to use.
It's already a Shotgun tier weapon in the sense that it spawns frequently, so perhaps it just needs to be limited to one per map.
Why bother with camo, just go straight for the caster, no one is going to be contesting it, lol.

If the SR was on a pad, people would actually fight over it unlike the caster.

Did I mention the PC is shit against a half competent team, Fun? Cuz it is. ;p
Your experiences differ from mine lol. We're both playing/played against Onyx/Champion teams, so there's no difference in terms of the types of matches we're playing. Do I need to retell the story of how really good players are resistant to using weapons outside of instant-gratification hitscan human weapons? How the H2A Sentinel Beam and PR were avoided until Ninja started crushing people with them? How MLG cut out all automatics because of how easy they were to use, despite automatics being easier/more effective today and finally being part of the competitive scene?

We're going on 3 months since Halo 5 released, and you're just now complaining about the Storm Rifle. I've been privy to its power since day one, as I have been with the PC. So don't worry bruv, the competitive community usually catches up to creativity at some point, you'll see ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom