• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough then lol. Have you tried the Caster with proximity shots that shoots out needles btw? Seems interesting, haven't used it enough to really form an opinion on it, but it could be what the PC should be replaced with, or the one that shoots two at a time! The double-shot Caster is really good.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ramirez is right, just ask on the proscene.

the Storm Rifle was just after a couple of days the go to recommended auto rifle on the map.
Slayer on truth is easy peasy if your team runs at least 2 guys with BR/SR.

The SR is incredibly strong, I'm not suggesting it really is overpowered, but it is deadly and IMO it is prominent and showing in the higher class games

Ramirez

Fair enough then lol. Have you tried the Caster with proximity shots that shoots out needles btw? Seems interesting, haven't used it enough to really form an opinion on it, but it could be what the PC should be replaced with, or the one that shoots two at a time! The double-shot Caster is really good.

Didn't care for the Needler version, but yes, the 2 shot would be pad worthy.

jem0208

It's already a Shotgun tier weapon in the sense that it spawns frequently, so perhaps it just needs to be limited to one per map.

The SR is a Tier 1 weapon so it spawns 20 seconds after being picked up.

The shotgun is a Tier 2 so there's only 1 of them and it's a non-static respawn so will only respawn after the ammo is depleted or it's despawned.

If it were Tier 2 there'd only ever be one of the map which would be an improvement.

Madness

Anecdotally, I barely ever see the Storm Rifle used in Warzone or things like BTB. I think this probably hits on the difference between casual and high level Halo play in the Slayer or Team Arena modes. At Diamond or above, I can see things like weapon or map issues become amplified because every little bit helps, whether it's some easily campable area, a weapon that kills faster than others, a power up that does too much damage.

The question becomes, how do you balance design decision changes between hardcore high level play and casual low skill play. Certain things can become amplified.

jem0208

Anecdotally, I barely ever see the Storm Rifle used in Warzone or things like BTB. I think this probably hits on the difference between casual and high level Halo play in the Slayer or Team Arena modes. At Diamond or above, I can see things like weapon or map issues become amplified because every little bit helps, whether it's some easily campable area, a weapon that kills faster than others, a power up that does too much damage.

The question becomes, how do you balance design decision changes between hardcore high level play and casual low skill play. Certain things can become amplified.

Nerfing the SR certainly wouldn't impact low level play to any meaningful degree.

Anyone else still changing their controller settings every other game? I think I've found the right mix then I'll have a game where it feels off and I'll change them again. Becoming a little frustrating.

Yeah, thanks to the double whammy of getting an elite controller and the new settings unlocked in-game recently. I think I'm finally getting over it though and finding a decent sweet spot, though I'm afraid what works well for Warzone doesn't really work well for Arena since WZ has so much long range shooting comparatively.

Glass

Can't reiterate enough how un-fun boss stealing makes normal Warzone. If both teams are there having an all out fight then have at it, but when one lone guy you have no hope of cutting off pops the boss, it makes the mode feel broken and punishing for no reason. This time I was on the receiving end, but I've been the one to steal and win the game for us and it still feels broken, unless it was the other teams fault for somehow letting this happen:

http://xboxclips.com/Glass+Dallas/9a7feaf9-74dd-4e1b-b37d-2d092b07311f

The best kind of teabagging possible in Halo 5 requires full control of your armor abilities.

1. Stand over corpse
2. look down
3. Jump, scope, stabilize
4. During your descent, shoot enemy corpse while spamming crouch

You can up your DPMs by like 67.5 doing it this way.

What?

That's not a teabag at all!
Like I said, don't shake the berries, spamming the crouch button shakes the berries... You need to dunk them in, stand over the visor and long, smooth crouches from high apex to low apex.

I'm going to make a video tutorial because the art is lost, everyone seems to just shake like they are having a fit.

Ramirez is right, just ask on the proscene.

the Storm Rifle was just after a couple of days the go to recommended auto rifle on the map.
Slayer on truth is easy peasy if your team runs at least 2 guys with BR/SR.

The SR is incredibly strong, I'm not suggesting it really is overpowered, but it is deadly and IMO it is prominent and showing in the higher class games

I think it should be more powerful than the AR as its a pick up... And there's enough of them for both teams.

Also, the wont necessarily go on a spree because of it.

It's a good weapon, don't make it a bad one or everyone will just stick with loadouts.

BraXzy

Anecdotally, I barely ever see the Storm Rifle used in Warzone or things like BTB. I think this probably hits on the difference between casual and high level Halo play in the Slayer or Team Arena modes.

Tbf thats probably less the skill gap and more the fact that BTB and Warzone maps are huge with super long sightlines. The SR doesn't really fit, besides in armouries or whatever.

Someone was very upset after a game, still dont know what they said, but my Taco message infuriated them further perhaps?

QNifiwn.jpg

Translation: Only with rocket launchers or you are a Noob

F*cking pussy you suck my d*ck

2v2 pussy

Or are you a pussy?

Hahaha this kids make me laugh a lot we have a name for them in Mexico "NIÑO RATA" or Rat Kid in English

Madness

Tbf thats probably less the skill gap and more the fact that BTB and Warzone maps are huge with super long sightlines. The SR doesn't really fit, besides in armouries or whatever.

True. But I think at the Onyx level, things that probably don't affect Gold players, become amplified. I remember from beta, Ram said hardly anyone used the Prophets Bane at his level, but in the garbage tiers, you could easily get a killing frenzy with it.

So Storm Rifle being strong and used effectively may go unnoticed but against teams in high Diamond, Onyx, the players have probably found it's very powerful and easy-to-use with a quick respawn. Jem is right that nerfing it won't really affect low level players much. Maybe a solution is like they said, changing up where it spawns, removing it from some maps and replacing it with something else or maybe nerfing it is the only thing.

Easily the best WZ game I've had (not performance wise). We were losing pretty bad at the start and people started quitting; mid game we got the lead back but then they got the kill on Warden and got the lead. It just ended in a brawl!

jem0208

I think I just had the best game of my life.

Went 24 for 7 with 5 assists on Fathom slayer against 3 Onyx players and a Diamond. Got a killing frenzy and I ranked up to Diamond 5.

Fucking hell that was good.

Oh and I got a sticky kill from the grave.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Does the file browser work for game types? It won't let me choose it as a game mode when I try to get Duck Hunt. It's like my file share doesn't recognize that I have it.

Fun fact: the name of the achievement for completing the Halo 4 campaign on Legendary difficulty under 3 hours on the Xbox One is "You're Joking" is named in honor of ProAceJoker when he had the WR

Madness

Breakout is messed. At least 3 matches of my placement ones were lost because some idiot decides to betray the rest of us and get booted or quit. I don't get their ban algorithms. Is there no way to immediately boot someone when they betray 5 seconds into match without anyone else having fired a shot?

Magwik

Banned
Dear teammates: hiding in the back of the spawn won't help us prevent the enemy team from spawn killing us in Warzone assault

I finished silver packs! Had 69 rare REQS left, but they must all be tied to commendations, way more than I thought. Now the true journey for Mk IV begins.

Breakout is messed. At least 3 matches of my placement ones were lost because some idiot decides to betray the rest of us and get booted or quit. I don't get their ban algorithms. Is there no way to immediately boot someone when they betray 5 seconds into match without anyone else having fired a shot?

After last night I don't wanna talk about breakout right now...

Ts7E3qC.gif

Fucking no OHK with the flag...I can't adapt, I won't change...poor me.

EDIT:

Yep screw the quitters, betrayers and all that. If it's ranked give em hell.

While I'm at it a few others that you know would be raging after these events :) Delicious.
E0GvlW4.gif

5GXa7xS.gif

The choke is real! I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to melee, but my teammates were throwing nades so I didn’t want to die to those. So I tried a sticky and failed, should have just used frag nades. Guess I’ll just take all those assists!

Man the UI for custom games is so broken.
Bookmarked maps don't load properly in the menu and games don't start sometimes leaving no options clickable.

But overall, I'm having a lot of fun with these Forge maps. Can't wait for the next round of updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom