• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Sucks that Halo doesn't have any type of network recovery similar to what Bungie implemented into Trials and other modes. One slight issue with internet and it's instant boot on Halo.

Man I need to get my grenade throw game down. used to be stellar in h2. then a little better in beta and then shit to decent shit in retail.

ARGSFSFS
Edit2: I probably need more than 41 hours of playtime :p

EDIT: STREAM

Is there a reason why they do quick circles with their Right Stick?

E92 M3

Man I need to get my grenade throw game down. used to be stellar in h2. then a little better in beta and then shit to decent shit in retail.

ARGSFSFS

Ogre 2 popularized it, and I believe it's officially called the "Ogre Twitch." Used to keep the aim internally calibrated.

belushy

Banned

ARGSFSFS

Its called the "Ogre Twitch" I think it is kind of a muscle exercise. Keeps their thumb loose I believe.

Glass

I still don't understand how the Halo channel is doing things, why go to a commercial break when the next match their showing is already underway? Every game is getting spoiled in chat they're always so far behind.

Strider

I still don't understand how the Halo channel is doing things, why go to a commercial break when the next match their showing is already underway? Every game is getting spoiled in chat they're always so far behind.

There's a delay when you go into spectator mode... They aren't actually in the lobby with the teams they have to wait until the game is underway then load into it afterwards.

E92 M3

There is no point in watching the Halo channel when the player's streams are so much better. Plus no annoying commercials and chat spoilers.

Madness

I watch through Halo Channel because the app works much better than twitch for me. Chat also much cleaner. But twitch especially, I don't know why the screen dims when I don't use my controller.

I still don't like that Breakout is used for Pro tournaments.

Lol I think he meant the Halo twitch channel. No point of watching thru the Halo Channel app itself if its just a stream of the twitch video and chat.

OHHH, that makes sense. guess I'm a fail for watching the halo twitch channel too lol I thought he meant since he is watching through the halo channel there are extra things that I didn't see on the halo twitch.

singhr1

I watch through Halo Channel because the app works much better than twitch for me. Chat also much cleaner. But twitch especially, I don't know why the screen dims when I don't use my controller.

I still don't like that Breakout is used for Pro tournaments.

Oh yeah, on console the Halo Channel app is pretty useful. Twitch is really laggy for me since NXOE dropped.

EDIT: Holyyyyy. Top tier play never disappoints

Dear 343,

When matchmaking for Breakout, please do not EVER match players from different continents, especially continents with water between them, with one another.

K Thnx.

p.s. It sucks playing on foreign servers on regular game types let alone one with increased damage like Breakout.

That hunt the truth ad campaign with MC statue pisses me off now...

Wish something went down like that. not a slap fight where locke is able to crack mc's visor. like comn.

Glass

Halo stream missed the entire final match between Renegades vs Allegiance even though it was the only match going on in the tournament. Spectator mode or not, I don't get it.

Madness

Halo stream missed the entire final match between Renegades vs Allegiance even though it was the only match going on in the tournament. Spectator mode or not, I don't get it.

It's why everyone went to Ninja stream which almost went ahead of the official HWC stream. That was a brutal loss though for Ninja team.

Also, please, no motion tracker for pros, especially with smaller maps, CTF gametypes.

jem0208

Disappointed by RNG's performance against AE. I feel like they really should have had that Regret Slayer game.

That said I think they're easily a top 4 team.

Are the actual world championship matches gonna be played through dedicated servers as well since there is no lan option?

Either way, I'm betting some of these top teams are gonna get exposed once it comes to live competition.

Glass

Are the actual world championship matches gonna be played through dedicated servers as well since there is no lan option?

Either way, I'm betting some of these top teams are gonna get exposed once it comes to live competition.

I think the UK finals earlier today had their own server at the event, so it's basically a LAN albeit not technically.

jem0208

For the UK competition they played with a local dedicated server. Which I believe is actually better than LAN, albeit only marginally.

belushy

Banned
I'm surprised Winterfox isn't doing better. I feel like they are a Top 8 team but they keep getting knocked out early when they face pro teams.

edit: For example I think Noble is not even a Top 12 team but they keep getting an easy bracket until they face their first pro team.

jem0208

Better than LAN? Why do you say that?

Because LAN is essentially a dedicated server except it's being ran from one of the consoles. It basically gives the host box a very small ping advantage as the ping is effectively 0. The difference is only marginal and any advantages there might be are only superficial.

Assuming what I've read on the internet is correct that is.

belushy

Banned
Was oddball part of the MLG playlist back in the day?

In Halo 3, yes. Didn't use it in Halo Reach (can't remember why) and not in H4 (because of the throwing mechanic) I stopped watching the tail end of H2A but I think they ended up using it at some point.

That hunt the truth ad campaign with MC statue pisses me off now...

Wish something went down like that. not a slap fight where locke is able to crack mc's visor. like comn.
-#HuntTheTruth ad appears, shit talk about 343 ensues- Every. Single. Time.​
And yet, 343 continues to play these ads between matches lol

probably because LAN has one guy as host.

Think of it like...

LAN still has the game hosted on one particular user's computer, right? So they're still, technically, the "host." Hosting it on a single dedi that everybody connects to is slightly, slightly, slightly more fair.

Slightly.

Because LAN is essentially a dedicated server except it's being ran from one of the consoles. It basically gives the host box a very small ping advantage as the ping is effectively 0. The difference is only marginal and any advantages there might be are only superficial.

Assuming what I've read on the internet is correct that is.

Thank you for your answers, spartans!
Makes sense what you are saying, actually! So dedis are not bad for "LAN" after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom