• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyasu

Banned
Are they ever going to change the weapons and remove the camo on overgrowth?? Sigh.

It's either a steamroll them or they steamroll you.

Glass

Is there a NA tournament today?

Yeah think it's the last NA qualifiers. The Halo twitch won't start streaming it until the Quarter final matches I think, but you can always watch the individual streamers as they work their way up. My go to are Roy and Ninja who're warming up atm.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
someone in twitch chat said miseng DQ was overturned...please tell me thats bullshit,right?

Love how people go "lol people just don't like halo". If h5 had the content of reach (campaign scoring, split screen, guests, pve mode, decent amount of maps, new gamemodes (headhunter, invasion etc.) forge at launch, not having cosmetics behind RNGesus etccc). It would be top 5 easily. Then add more cod like gameplay combibed with h4 and mcc failures and that's how you get the #1 Xbox franchise to #13 on xbl.

Just saw the cheating team video, damn. How could you be so stupid as to think pulling that off wouldn't go unnoticed and wouldn't receive a DQ?

Now lots of people know how to do it so hopefully either they shuffle their asses and fix the death zones or.. Idk.

I mean, I doubt they were serious about the tournament.

Their team is called Missing. Their gamertags were shit like cheating, hiding, and frickin' HLG. They were an obvious troll team. Pretty sure they achieved their goal since everyone got all hot and bothered.

I'd be more bothered about some random HLG folks being good enough to disrupt the semis in a tourney for your region. That's more of an insult to the Asian region folks than the cheating imo.

Trup1aya

I mean, I doubt they were serious about the tournament.

Their team is called Missing. They're gamertags were shit like cheating, hiding, and frickin' HLG. They were an obvious troll team. Pretty sure they achieved their goal since everyone got all hot and bothered.

I'd be more bothered about some random HLG folks being good enough to disrupt the semis in a tourney for your region. That's more of an insult to the Asian region folks than the cheating imo.

I doubt the Asian region feels insulted... They generally don't give a shit about halo.

MaGlock

Yeah think it's the last NA qualifiers. The Halo twitch won't start streaming it until the Quarter final matches I think, but you can always watch the individual streamers as they work their way up. My go to are Roy and Ninja who're warming up atm.

What team is ninja on now?

Madness

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3oyk6cePITw

Better link to show them breaking out of map. What a bunch of idiots/trolls. Surely there is a way for 343 to see who the players were, ban them from all MS tournaments in the future, even on their normal gamertags etc.

Plus I didn't even know about this exploit, now people will abuse the fuck out of it, just like they do in Antifreeze every match.

Trup1aya

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3oyk6cePITw

Better link to show them breaking out of map. What a bunch of idiots/trolls. Surely there is a way for 343 to see who the players were, ban them from all MS tournaments in the future, even on their normal gamertags etc.

Plus I didn't even know about this exploit, now people will abuse the fuck out of it, just like they do in Antifreeze every match.

I saw NA pro players stream this exploit shortly after the game launched. I'm pretty sure it was Ninja or Snipedown.

Who ever it was also showed how to get out of the match in Fathom. And he explained that they've found ways to get out of just about every map.

He then went on to say that I won't be a big deal because all of the tourneys will have rules forbidding that type of behavior, so pros won't do it.

Yeah figured thats the winning strat on the rig when i faced it once.

Aka.. Now i bet ill see that strat on every rig match for slayer.

They should move snipe.

blakep267

Love how people go "lol people just don't like halo". If h5 had the content of reach (campaign scoring, split screen, guests, pve mode, decent amount of maps, new gamemodes (headhunter, invasion etc.) forge at launch, not having cosmetics behind RNGesus etccc). It would be top 5 easily. Then add more cod like gameplay combibed with h4 and mcc failures and that's how you get the #1 Xbox franchise to #13 on xbl.

nah, I doubt that. Lets be real, the most played game types are slayer variants.People aren't not buying or playing the game because of oddball and forge etc. They are nice things to have in the package but they aren't the issue. neither are the cosmetic stuff. if anything, thats at least keeping some attention for players

Times have changed and people need to realize that. Fifa, GTA and COD are beasts that aren't gonna be stopped. fallout 4 has somehow some way shown fantastic legs 2 months later. Minecraft is well minecraft. NBA 2k and Madden are much more accessible than Halo and for a lot of people, those are the only games they ever play( those and COD). I think the day of the hardcore MP experience dominating is gone. Like look at R6 and halo vs something like COD. While they are both shooters, the audiences are different and there are people that want that casual frenetic experience than a harder game. Same thing with Gears. Its way to competitive for the casual gamer to stick with

Also you add in a random game like Ark somehow staying relevant and Battlefront refusing to die( its dropped faster than Halo has and was all but gone until the movie) and you get halo out of the top 10

Strider

lol Ninja's stream is so great right now

Edit: Wow. That boost slide by Ninja to grab the OS while securing a kill is exactly why 343 should rethink patching out boost slide if they are indeed going to do it... That was dope.

Daemul

Ninja's chat is out of control
KuGsj.gif

belushy

Banned
#BetterWithNinja

Actually that Liquid squad with Ninja wasn't that good.

Sure Ninja beats Liquid here but I still think the current Liquid squad is better then the old one. (Mainly because the Ace v Ninja feud that seemed to hurt the team. Hysteria didn't really seem to help it either) Renegades is just a really good team.

IHaveIce

Banned
This is my favorite Halo tourney ever :) optic out, ace out and naded and ninja woth own teams in top positions.

EG does also well and CLG has found a very good new pro with Frosty.

I love it. Maybe I will share tommorrow why I have such a personal dislike of Optic and Ace..

belushy

Banned
I think Renegades takes this qualifier. Would be kinda cool too. 4 different teams win the first 4 qualifiers.

LGTM (JuicyFruit and Posey who were dropped from dT earlier in the week + JesseUnleashed and Omega) beats eLevate 2-1 and will face winner of Allegiance and Laser Focus (Lifestyle, Eccentrik, Mmm joE, and Exemplify)

This is my favorite Halo tourney ever :) optic out, ace out and naded and ninja woth own teams in top positions.

EG does also well and CLG has found a very good new pro with Frosty.

I love it. Maybe I will share tommorrow why I have such a personal dislike of Optic and Ace..

But but its already tomorrow!

Strider

No i have a lot of panix moments and i clench. Ahaha my melee use has gone down a bit.

Did you reverse the paddles? When I first got my Elite I would accidentally press the paddles all the time but reversing them makes them harder to press which really helped me.

--

I hope the attention Renegadesa are getting boosts up Sparty's stream numbers some. Best Halo streamer.

belushy

Banned
Did you reverse the paddles? When I first got my Elite I would accidentally press the paddles all the time but reversing them makes them harder to press which really helped me.

--

I hope the attention Renegadesa are getting boosts up Sparty's stream numbers some. Best Halo streamer.

Top 3 for sure.

Roy, lethul, Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom