• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Thank you for your answers, spartans!
Makes sense what you are saying, actually! So dedis are not bad for "LAN" after all

Well, there have been live events stalled do to losing the connection to Xbox live.

So unless they are playing versions that don't require such a connection, I'd still say LAN is better .

belushy

Banned
Love seeing EG in theater right afterward talking about what happened.

I love this EG squad. They aren't my favorite but I'm literally never mad when they win and/or dominate.

BradC00

I'm super hyped for the HWC...hopefully the seeding is done right and we get a great final (instead of something like EG and Allegiance in the 2nd round and then whoever wins that plays someone from Asian and 3-0's em)

Strider

They're dissecting what happened like crazy on Snipedown stream. 49-46, and then lose 50-49, damn, what an end.

Yea. But that's what great teams do... A lot of teams would just get frustrated, flame each other, then log off lol They'll learn from it and do better next time.

Glass

Lol Snip3down's face palm when he realised it was Roy's nade. To be fair that was a weird bounce, like it got stuck on the wall or something.

Why did they push? They choked... 3 or 4 of them stood in the same entrance ffs.

Then Roy's nade bouncing back, killing him... that's unlucky, can't blame him it was a bad call.

Madness

Yea. But that's what great teams do... A lot of teams would just get frustrated, flame each other, then log off lol They'll learn from it and do better next time.

Yeah. Just unlucky. Lethul and Cratos getting into it a bit on twitter. Pro drama and these kinds of wins always good for the scene.

Strider

Allegiance is such a boring team. EG and Renegade are definitely my favorite now - most personality.

I was already rooting for Sparty squad before they added Ninja but they are by far the most entertaining team to watch now to me. They play really fast and aggressive.

E92 M3

Agreed. I would love for Naded to get a win, but I see Allegiance as the "bad guys" lol

Yeah, and Cratos isn't the nicest person. Naded is great though - definitely some cognitive dissonance going on.

I was already rooting for Sparty squad before they added Ninja but they are by far the most entertaining team to watch now to me. They play really fast and aggressive.

Ninja is way too aggressive - sometimes he just makes these crazy pushes with no shields. Their slayer match against allegiance was evidence of that lol.

jem0208

Yeah, and Cratos isn't the nicest person. Naded is great though - definitely some cognitive dissonance going on.

Ninja is way too aggressive - sometimes he just makes these crazy pushes with no shields. Their slayer match against allegiance was evidence of that lol.
Cratos is straight up an asshole, really hope Allegiance don't win.

Strider

Yea ninjas biggest weakness is his stupidly aggressive plays and he challenges way too often.

But when it works out its awesome to see lol

Madness

Yea ninjas biggest weakness is his stupidly aggressive plays and he challenges way too often.

But when it works out its awesome to see lol

Watching his stream was funny. The final round of Breakout, he tells team to just sprint up, push hard, and like 3 of them got nade spammed like crazy and lost. The loss on Coliseum later, he was telling his team, we shouldn't push to rockets so much, and yet he did it everytime. Sometimes the aggressive plays work, but today definitely went against him. Still entertaining to watch and glad his new team already up there.

I really hope they get rid of Breakout for the tourneys though, have only Slayer/Objective. Have never liked watching it (and I really like playing it in Halo 5).

Madness

I said it last qualifier that Breakout isn't fun to watch, and it's not fun for Pros to play with such high stakes on the line. Have like 2 CTF, 2 Slayer, 1 Strongholds for the 5 matches. Or a combination. This is also a consequence of no other gametypes being present. I mean even Ricochet would play better or be more fun to watch than Breakout for tournaments.

belushy

Banned
For Bo3: CTF, TS, SH

For Bo5: CTF, SH, TS, CTF, SH

Personally I don't really like TS in competitive Halo. It feels a bit fluky, especially with some of the maps in Halo 5 which just devolves into corner camping with a storm rifle.

Dreams that involve KOTH, Oddball, and Assault

For Bo3: CTF/Assault, Oddball, SH/KOTH

For Bo5: SH, Assault, Oddball, KOTH, CTF

Of course I'd also like a veto system where the teams veto maps/gametype combos.

Madness

The other day some guy was blasting the OG Pokémon TV show music, so loud before match start. Like 4 of us put in mics just to tell him to stop. It's randomly coming into my head over and over for the past 3 days.

The other day some guy was blasting the OG Pokémon TV show music, so loud before match start. Like 4 of us put in mics just to tell him to stop. It's randomly coming into my head over and over for the past 3 days.

Ah, reminds me of the days of 'ole with Halo 3 <3

Why would you tell him to stop... pretty amazing pregame music in my opinion.

mo60

I played a match while ago were a player on my team was screaming loud enough and consistently for a couple of minutes that one of teammates decided to rage quit. We lost that match because of that

BraXzy

Damn I keep missing the streams. It sounds like I missed some killer action. Does anyone have a link to highlights of the best matches?

-#HuntTheTruth ad appears, shit talk about 343 ensues- Every. Single. Time.​
And yet, 343 continues to play these ads between matches lol

I used to love them..they were amazing and listening to htt became so rewarding.

I think this is my first or second time giving my displeasure with thosr ads hehe.

:p wonder who will be next?

blamite

Oh man remember that old Halo 5 menu concept that was going around a while ago? The one that was waaaaay cooler than what the actual game ended up using?

This one
:

ARGKhTml.jpg

It got updated with some more concepts at some point, and they're still really awesome:

vU2WIQcl.jpg

c0BNnyXl.jpg

Like omg look what the Req store could've looked like, holy shit:

WMy2jGnl.jpg

I was talking about the Twitch chat, just in case you thought I was referring to you lol

Sorry

Oh man remember that old Halo 5 menu concept that was going around a while ago? The one that was waaaaay cooler than what the actual game ended up using?

This one
:

ARGKhTml.jpg

It got updated with some more concepts at some point, and they're still really awesome:

vU2WIQcl.jpg

c0BNnyXl.jpg

Like omg look what the Req store could've looked like, holy shit:

WMy2jGnl.jpg

Those screens look awesome ... Gives me some deadspace feelsss

Yum

Nowise10

Why does it take like 5 minutes to shoot a rocket/fuel rod after thrusting or coming out of sprint? It is so jarring and frustrating.

I kind of dont like the "card" esthetics. I disliked them a lot in 4.

Hopefully the ui update rehauls it very nicely.

Cross my fingers hope to fly.

blamite

I kind of dont like the "card" esthetics. I disliked them a lot in 4.

Hopefully the ui update rehauls it very nicely.

Cross my fingers hope to fly.

I don't think that kind of update is likely to happen to the degree people are hoping for... Probably a bunch of little things here and there, but a complete UI overhaul is probably not gonna happen until the next game.

Nowise10

I don't think that kind of update is likely to happen to the degree people are hoping for... Probably a bunch of little things here and there, but a complete UI overhaul is probably not gonna happen until the next game.

Something about just a static Infinity half on the screen as the mainmenu, and the promise of a detailed file share give me slight hope that its going to get re-designed someday. Plus Josh Holmes words saying that they want Halo 5 to be a completely different game a year out, then what it was on Day 1. A menu change is a nice way to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom