• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Oh man remember that old Halo 5 menu concept that was going around a while ago? The one that was waaaaay cooler than what the actual game ended up using?

This one
:

ARGKhTml.jpg

It got updated with some more concepts at some point, and they're still really awesome:

They were around at the same time. I don't think the REQ store looks better personally, grungy military boxes don't really entice people to buy I guess.

I do hope the medal stuff comes back though. I wonder if any UI stuff that constantly gets mentioned will be released this month or if it'll be more "soon its in the works".

I like the menu layout and form. Just the content in these sections could be upgraded.

Edit: i think the ui update will either happen in march or become announced at an event and come on Maybe e3 or something. Try b bring some halo fans back or whatever they can.

Madness

Man Allegiance has gotten super strong.

Svspector played killer today as well, as did Naded. Overall they played really good, while guys like Roy struggled for EG.

Man, I'm still heart broken by EGs loss last night... Only the Pittsburgh Steelers loss Allows me some happiness in these times...

The only solace I take in the Seahawks loss is that it hopefully empties some of the bandwagon that has built up.

The stream went down during the breakout match between EG and allegiance, I watched the rest on snipedowns twitch stream... so that link above does not show the crazy last map.

They were around at the same time. I don't think the REQ store looks better personally, grungy military boxes don't really entice people to buy I guess.

But it's the finiest in UNSC hardware!

Regarding the UI, I do hope they get moving on that quickly, aside from the core gameplay, Halo 5 doesn't really have much going for it, and so it's probably the worst Halo in that regard. Fingers crossed we see some big improvements over the next few months.

singhr1

Is the replay up yet?

Yeah, but unless my twitch app is fucked, it cuts out halfway through the final series

http://www.twitch.tv/halo/v/36086690

Yeah, it's cut off from the official. I just watched Roy's stream (http://www.twitch.tv/roy/v/36088597) this morning instead

But it's the finiest in UNSC hardware!

Regarding the UI, I do hope they get moving on that quickly, aside from the core gameplay, Halo 5 doesn't really have much going for it, and so it's probably the worst Halo in that regard. Fingers crossed we see some big improvements over the next few months.

It doesn't need a big overhaul, it just needs to add some data like some of things waypoint was updated with, medal chest, mute players in pre-game lobby, etc. The UI itself is the best 343i has put out so far. Clean, readable, no heavy/distracting graphics. Those concepts are waayy too busy.

Finally got my first Magnum skin last night when I bought a silver pack before quitting. Now I can't wait to play again just to use it!

Level 51... about time!

About that UI upgrade, I really wish it's done sooner than later (if done at all). seeing medals at the end of a match has always been important for me...

Magwik

Banned
I wonder if Halo 5 will get a relaunch or complete edition ever akin to Halo 3's mythic disk that came with ODST. New UI, new maps, throw in Firefight, and call it a day.

Trup1aya

I wonder if Halo 5 will get a relaunch or complete edition ever akin to Halo 3's mythic disk that came with ODST. New UI, new maps, throw in Firefight, and call it a day.

I sure hope so. I think that would be the best way to bolster the player base. Come in at a cheap price, throw in all the maps and gametypes that came since Vanilla H5 launch, and include firefight and We're golden. Maybe throw in a bunch of Req packs so that new user aren't completely overwhelmed.

E92 M3

Agreed. I would love for Naded to get a win, but I see Allegiance as the "bad guys" lol

Yeah, I only like naded on there lol.

Cratos is straight up an asshole, really hope Allegiance don't win.

He's getting torn apart on Team Beyond too. Almost feel bad for the guy.

Yea ninjas biggest weakness is his stupidly aggressive plays and he challenges way too often.

But when it works out its awesome to see lol

It's entertaining for sure, but hopefully he keeps his cool for the real tournament matches!

Trup1aya

Yea ninjas biggest weakness is his stupidly aggressive plays and he challenges way too often.

But when it works out its awesome to see lol

Someone on team beyond was talking about some baddass play ninja pulled off where he did some slide boosting and bouncing, while simultaneously four-shotting an opponent across the map, and picking up the overshield...

I wanted to see for myself, but he's got his vids behind a paywall :(

Strider

Someone on team beyond was talking about some baddass play ninja pulled off where he did some slide boosting and bouncing, while simultaneously four-shotting an opponent across the map, and picking up the overshield...

I wanted to see for myself, but he's got his vids behind a paywall :(

Yea I posted about it here when it happened. It was siiick and someone should make a gif of it tbh... It is the play that anyone should reference if they want to convince 343 to keep slide boosting in the game as it adds depth to the combat.

Glass

And the slide boost he did with a shotgun on Breakout against Renegades. If the pro's like it, then it really shouldnt be taken out, no one else seems to have a problem with it, I guess because no one else is really able to pull it off to good effect.

Trup1aya

Yea I posted about it here when it happened. It was siiick and someone should make a gif of it tbh... It is the play that anyone should reference if they want to convince 343 to keep slide boosting in the game as it adds depth to the combat.

I'm thinking about subbing just to see it... But for some reason subbing seams silly to me...

And the slide boost he did with a shotgun on Breakout against Renegades. If the pro's like it, then it really shouldnt be taken out, no one else seems to have a problem with it, I guess because no one else is really able to pull it off to good effect.

They shouldn't even be considering taking it out. It's a happy accident that actually makes their sandbox better and more entertaining to watch.

More pics from my recent playthrough on Genesis UI-less. Instead of making a multiplayer map set there, if they could instead do an entire map pack on it, that would be okay.

That would be amazing, especially for big team, but first we need to get those remixes of Collesium and The Rig out of the way before they make any completely new maps.

More pics from my recent playthrough on Genesis UI-less. Instead of making a multiplayer map set there, if they could instead do an entire map pack on it, that would be okay.

Great shots, Glass.

I'd love some Sanghelios MP action too.

Actually, just rip out the last arenas from Swords, and the penultimate arena from Enemy Lines, and put them in a Firefight. Thx.

Fuchsdh

Great shots, Glass.

I'd love some Sanghelios MP action too.

Actually, just rip out the last arenas from Swords, and the penultimate arena from Enemy Lines, and put them in a Firefight. Thx.

That would probably be the best Firefight arena we've had. Way more vertical and with way more approaches and potential retrenchment spots than any Firefight map we've had before.

cHaotix8

First time posting in Halo GAF but I'm a veteran Halo player. Looking for some dudes to run Slayer and Arena matches with since it's impossible to level up with randoms.

Also, anyone know the best way to get certain emblems? I've been spending my req points mostly on silver packs but still haven't been able to get a Merry Berry. :( I just want some happy fruit, man.

mo60

First time posting in Halo GAF but I'm a veteran Halo player. Looking for some dudes to run Slayer and Arena matches with since it's impossible to level up with randoms.

Also, anyone know the best way to get certain emblems? I've been spending my req points mostly on silver packs but still haven't been able to get a Merry Berry. :( I just want some happy fruit, man.

Some emblems are only obtainable through completing commendations in warzone and arena.The rest of the emblems not unlocked through completing commendations will be unlocked eventually by opening req packs.

cHaotix8

Some emblems are only obtainable through completing commendations in warzone and arena.The rest of the emblems not unlocked through completing commendations will be unlocked eventually by opening req packs.

That's a bummer. With my luck it'll be months before I get the emblem I want unless I spend $100 :(

Trup1aya

Damnit, I wanted to watch Ninja's VOD but I've gotta be a sub. Did the Halo channel catch their games?

I kinda hate the way the Halo channel broadcasts. They have these long breaks that could easily be filled with highlights from matches that didn't air.

Some are so long that whole live matches could have fit.

They've got to get more organized. This time, thousands of people simultaneously ditched the official stream and viewed the player of their choice...

BraXzy

I kinda hate the way the Halo channel broadcasts. They have these long breaks that could easily be filled with highlights from matches that didn't air.

Some are so long that whole live matches could have fit.

They've got to get more organized. This time, thousands of people simultaneously ditched the official stream and viewed the player of their choice...

Yeah I was skipping through and just hitting advert/splash screen after splash screen between matches. Problem is, all the players VODs are locked behind their subs -.-

Just tried to watch Snip3down, no dice. Roy at least doesn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom