• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Yesterday, EG was really of their game with scrims. 5-5 for Elevate.

Overall it was very slow yesterday for competitive Halo. Renegade were supposed to scrim Optic, but that never happened.

jem0208

Yesterday, EG was really of their game with scrims. 5-5 for Elevate.

Overall it was very slow yesterday for competitive Halo. Renegade were supposed to scrim Optic, but that never happened.

Optic scrimmed CLG (lost 11-0) and Allegiance (lost 6-4) instead.

Renegades/Leftovers beat Disobey/Severance (Contra, Predevonator, bubu dubu, huke) 9-0

Here's a good post which details everything: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/1...p-teams-seeds-and-discussion‏/?p=655304

This guy is awesome, he posts these for almost every single big scrim of the night.

E92 M3

Renegades/Leftovers beat Disobey/Severance (Contra, Predevonator, bubu dubu, huke) 9-0

Here's a good post which details everything: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/1...p-teams-seeds-and-discussion‏/?p=655304

This guy is awesome honestly, he posts these for almost every single big scrim of the night.

Thanks, I was only keeping up with Renegade and EG and fell asleep at the end of the EG scrim lol

IHaveIce

Banned

This guy is awesome, he posts these for almost every single big scrim of the night.

Oh man Bubu Dubu ist still playing? Greatest gamertag ever.

Also the Optic results are like I expected lmao

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Or you could just wait the month and have a semi decently tested playlist. People's impatience is really staggering, because I know when people started getting out of those broke ass maps the same people would be in here crying about their MM experience.

this.

We won't see a ground up original map before June if I had to guess. And depending on the req income (which is dependent on the population) we may not see any more maps past that point.

What sucks about this business Model is that it's dependent on having a high population and/or a few fans who don't mind spending a lot extra.

Well, 343i has been making decisions that hurt the population, which limits that amount of people they'll have buying Reqs... Which reduces their incentive to work hard in making good new content...

The poor map output and lack of content, simply begets more poor output.

Paid DLC limits the population still further.

Why would 343 lose incentive if their REQ sales are dropping (which will happen anyway - also, is there not an argument that REQ purchasers are likely to stick around a lot more, given their investment, and thus the curve for sales is significantly different to that of normal DLC packs. I dunno, but I can infer that easily enough too)? They're not on commission here.

You're putting the chicken before the egg.

The mixed readings of everything are tiresome. Everything awful and world-destroying is down to 343's laziness/incompetence, and the solution is 'do what I suggest, right now'. There are elements of truth in many of these suggestions, and their intention is obviously to try and express how Halo could be better (for it could be, in numerous ways), but, as I said, the way some people act it's like Halo 5 came out on a record-selling console but was a broken mess of shit. Quite the opposite on both counts.

im_dany

Well thats an overstatement. It's definitely bad but it doesn't get down to the lowest of the lows.

Off all? Nah.
Dev made and put into Matchmaking? Yeah that seems true, isolation was not as bad.
Yeah it would be better that is true

I can't think of many other bad maps honestly. Isolation is a good choice, also Snowbound from Halo 3 is another map I really hate. There's also one in the open with all the Mongooses that I couldn't stand, along with High Ground or whatever it was called. Probably I hate Mongooses more than bad maps lol
Chiron is also REALLY bad, thankfully it didn't pop often on HaloCE PC.

There are elements of truth in many of these suggestions, and their intention is obviously to try and express how Halo could be better (for it could be, in numerous ways), but, as I said, the way some people act it's like Halo 5 came out on a record-selling console but was a broken mess of shit. Quite the opposite on both counts.

There is still something to be said about games that came out before halo 5 still in the top ten most played while halo, which refused to move off the top number 1 spot on previous consoles for months, is hovering around an average of like 11-12th most played

Tawpgun

Even then it would be nade spam on every counter and sprint spartan charge towards all. IDK I think I would like to try oddball on it.

edit: Is Tawpgun nowadays at least allowed to drink in the US? Don't want to be modded by some youngling
Wow the disrespect

I think we just freed up space for you atomic Jorge

Caja 117

Local retailer is selling the elite for roughly $167. Decisions, decisions...

Speakng of the Elite, I mentioned here I broke one of the bumpers on my Elite, and did what you guys recommended, went to the MS store and because is a item on limited stock, they put me on a waiting list, got my new one last week, now I need to be more careful with the new one and using the bumpers.

Don't get me wrong, option A is preferable to option B, which splinters the community by default. But in order for option A to work, the developer must 1) convince people to make the initial purchase 2) convince some people to spend a lot of extra money and/or convince a many people to spend a little extra money and 3) produce content that makes people want to continue to spend and play

In short, there's a need for solid EXECUTION. That's where 343i has failed. 1) the poor single player campaign, the lack of split screen, the initial lack of BTB and Forge, the lack of firefight and the skimpy MP content has dissuaded many Halo fans from making the initial purchase. 2) while req investment was initially high, the continued lack of content has been turning people away. People aren't going to invest more money in a game they aren't playing. 3) the content that 343i has produced so far has been lack luster... maps that reuse the same play spaces over and over is not the type of content that keeps people playing, or encourage people who left to return.

So while the business model has promise, 343i's poor execution will prevent the model from being successful, unless they show more effort and urgency with regards to providing FRESH, NEW, and VARIED experiences.

Seriously, had Halo5 MP launched with a fully featured MP suite AND given us quality DLC (instead of buggy forged maps, and copy and pasted dev maps), this business model would be the industry darling right now. Instead, we've got a mediocre proof of concept.

To me, as someone whos not in the gaming industry right now, this is quite simply common sense. These guys are a supposedly AAA developer (or at least trying to be), and yet this is beyond them? I dont understand how these people make video games for a living and don't understand these simplest concepts or somehow lack the ability to use common sense. Every game is the exact same story with them. They improve on some aspects and completely fuck up others. Every fucking game and its not as if they dont have ample time. To me its pretty obvious now, these guys are unable to deliver. Ive been patient, ive been on their side, ive even defended them at one point saying that they had more potential than Bungie but now im done. These guys clearly cant do it and Halo will continue to suffer because of it.

From the shit maps, to the shit DLC, underwhelming story, crappy ending, lack of game modes lack of options, i mean this is what we get every game with them.

They cant do it, and its time to accept it.

To me, as someone whos not in the gaming industry right now, this is quite simply common sense. These guys are a supposedly AAA developer (or at least trying to be), and yet this is beyond them? I dont understand how these people make video games for a living and don't understand these simplest concepts or somehow lack the ability to use common sense. Every game is the exact same story with them. They improve on some aspects and completely fuck up others. Every fucking game and its not as if they dont have ample time. To me its pretty obvious now, these guys are unable to deliver. Ive been patient, ive been on their side, ive even defended them at one point saying that they had more potential than Bungie but now im done. These guys clearly cant do it and Halo will continue to suffer because of it.

From the shit maps, to the shit DLC, underwhelming story, crappy ending, lack of game modes lack of options, i mean this is what we get every game with them.

They cant do it, and its time to accept it.

343 more than any other developer i know is king of the asterisks. Every single piece of news they put out has an asterisk.

Forge is coming!*
*in december

New maps every month!
*remixes and forged

Warzone, giant new halo playground!*
*3 maps at launch

Best competitive halo experience yet!
*3 gametypes, no social playlists, no BTB at launch.

Biggest halo campaign ever!
*play as chief for 3 missions

The most unbelievable thing to me, and ive mentioned it here, is things like "social playlist arent flipping a switch". Which to me means they didnt even start working on them till post launch, along with gametypes, which is so incredibly tone deaf to what their fans are asking for from halo idk where to begin. For years people have asked for a file browser. They STILL couldnt get one by launch??

BraXzy

I can easily afford it for sure but I'm not sure how I can use it since I only play Halo on Xbox right now... But if everything on it works for PC, then maybe that'll be useful.

I use it on PC too for most games so its been a real worthy buy. The quality and feel of the remote is too good. Do you know anyone who owns one that you could try out and get a feel for it?

Regret is great for playing swat imo

No it's not

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BraXzyy/video/14045349

Akai__

These Xbox Service Alerts... And people said this was a doomsday scenario, when I said online only games are shit because of this reason. Can't even sign in anymore.

Is everyone gonna be around for another Forge Friday HaloGAF customs Friday night? 2130 GMT.

I might join an hour later, if there is still need. Can't be online sooner, unfortunately.

This will be perfect, because the Halo CU Stream will also be arround that time.

Tomash

Paid DLC limits the population still further.

This is what happened in Halo 4 Infinity Slayer when they enforced DLC(81% drop in unique users). Paid DLC is definitely not an option.

NNKkSAw.jpg

Whoa, Where did you get these inside details?!
Kevin Franklin's presentation at D.I.C.E. Europe 2015 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp70KqDHC5I

BraXzy

I wish that Halo Channel app on Xbox acted as a Halo Waypoint of sorts so you could view your game stats and your service record.

There is still something to be said about games that came out before halo 5 still in the top ten most played while halo, which refused to move off the top number 1 spot on previous consoles for months, is hovering around an average of like 11-12th most played

I thought we'd moved past this argument point as a community already? Haven't we beaten to death the reason why Halo on Xbox 360 =/= Halo on Xbox One?

Your point about the asterisks with 343 is dead-on, but come on man. Let go of the glory days narrative. It's done. We need to stop retreading it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The waypoint mobile website thankfulky is pretty decent.

My internet crapped out we were winning in slayer. Taking a DNF hurts.

Dat BR, but why wasn't the Classic BR like that in the first place :p

It's great we can have it in Custom Games but they should put it in some Arena maps too pls

Halo 5: Guardians - Infinity’s Armory Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0MgL5OI_Q8

I will say one thing, they are very good at making trailers. Carbine looks good, seems like it shoots Needler rounds. So it's like the Needler Rifle from Reach! The old school BR is cool too and I'm also liking all the skins. Riptide looks good for a remix, WZ assault is whatever though.

Time for the commendation grind! Got to get dat armor!

I use it on PC too for most games so its been a real worthy buy. The quality and feel of the remote is too good. Do you know anyone who owns one that you could try out and get a feel for it?

A colleague managed to get hold on one of the rare stock they had here in China so his should arrive soon, might borrow it for a day and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom