• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

overgrowth is a remix, but plays WAY differently than plaza.

i like the skins in this update, REALLY bummed thats all thats really here, but if they include some slick updates to the UI, im totally fine and happy with this update

All of the remixes play completely different, which is why I don't understand the whining of "another remix?!!? 343!!!!!!!!!".

All of the remixes play completely different, which is why I don't understand the whining of "another remix?!!? 343!!!!!!!!!".

its a shame when you notice the similarities. like playing swat getting regret truth regret truth regret truth. of course there are differences. but it just doesnt seem like a lot. but they DO play and move totally different, so im fine with that.

i just wish there were some more completely new weird maps trying new things, but hey, thats what forge playlist is for

Haruko

Huh, does the Halo 2 BR actually look like that in game? I haven't got to see or use it yet and I can't really remember the stream but in the last update stream it looked like it just had the classic scope on top of the H5 one.

What you described was in an earlier update, and is the "Classic BR".

This Halo 2 one is different, and looks/sounds like the old one:

qjAQ2O4.jpg

Defect

If we get a forge remake playlist, the weapons should be their original game versions. Like Halo 2 brs and Spnkrs on Halo 2 and 3 maps, CE pistol on CE maps, etc.

ooooo maybe if we're lucky we'll get some kind of additions to the daily win stuff, like weekly challenges or something cool.

id even love like "beat campaign level X with ABC and D skulls on"

Can we just get a proper Arena-oriented map pack of 4(or more), instead of this drip-drop stuff? Also, Oddball.

This. I could care less about anything outside of the core Arena experience. There is a serious lack of launch window maps and modes... no other Halo has launched with this little. I've put H5 down as a result and the further i spend away from it the less inclined i am to come back. More and more compelling competition releases and I only have so much time. It's a real shame modes like Oddball, Infection, Griffball and Assault are STILL missing.

This. I could care less about anything outside of the core Arena experience. There is a serious lack of launch window maps and modes... no other Halo has launched with this little. I've put H5 down as a result and the further i spend away from it the less inclined i am to come back. More and more compelling competition releases and I only have so much time. It's a real shame modes like Oddball, Infection, Griffball and Assault are STILL missing.

they said end of feb.

if those exact game types you mentioned arent added, if we are getting like, one a month, im pretty much out.

E92 M3

This reminds me.

CAN WE PLS HAVE CUSTOMIZABLE ANIMATIONS FOR POST-GAME

I want some funny ones like Hip thrusting, or Silly Dances, or like the stuff above like the head nodding and fist pump.

Please Stinkles make it happen and I'll love you forever

I'd pay money for funny dances lol.

I am just tired of the factory/UNSC setting. Overgrowth is the only natural one we have and at that it's limited.

Ramirez

I am just tired of the factory/UNSC setting. Overgrowth is the only natural one we have and at that it's limited.

Regret is natural.

I mean I guess I understand, but really, when I'm playing, what the map looks like is the least of my concern.

Akai__

With more and more BR's comming, I really hope they do something about the (input) lag in the REQ menus, when you want to select a BR. I swear the game runs at 1FPS in those menus.

E92 M3

Regret is natural.

I mean I guess I understand, but really, when I'm playing, what the map looks like is the least of my concern.

I've always felt that aesthetics and gameplay are equally important in a Halo map. Halo maps historically have been very beautiful and unique in their own ways. I understand we have different opinions, so it's best to agree to disagree.

Halo 5 gameplay and sandbox is essentially perfect.

I sort of want a Twerking Spartan animation :3

That would make people really pissed off in FFA lol.

Glass

Riptide is looking good. More metal, but a lot more vibrant and aesthetically quite different. And looks nothing like Fathom from what I can tell, fine with remixes. Roll on Friday.

With more and more BR's comming, I really hope they do something about the (input) lag in the REQ menus, when you want to select a BR. I swear the game runs at 1FPS in those menus.

Yeah, I hope this is getting fixed, it's seriously frustrating.

Fuchsdh

Riptide is looking good. More metal, but a lot more vibrant and aesthetically quite different. And looks nothing like Fathom from what I can tell, fine with remixes. Roll on Friday.

I get people wanting more varied maps, but I don't really have an issue with any of the remixes. They play very differently from each other, and it took me a while to realize Overgrowth was even a Plaza remix.

singhr1

Agreed, I kind of like how they take the remixes though. Regret, Overgrowth, and Riptide are cool destroyed versions of their normal selves. Pools of grime, flora, and now sand.

I still am holding out for a desert Sanghelios/Sunaion based map. Arena or Warzone. For much I usually don't like multiplayer maps coming out of a campaign (or vice versa), maps themed on these two gorgeous places seems obvious with the assets already present. Coliseum already looks like a map from Genesis but i'd love to see a more natural version of that too...

some of this -

https://youtu.be/RGJb2iLvOKE?t=24s

AMIRITE!!!!!?!?!?!?

STINKLES PLZ!

Oh man, 4 spartans doing this at the end of a game... O.O

Detective

lol. I thought that was just me.

Hope for more maps. And BTB maps. No forge crap. I think forge can have it's own list. Ugly as shit tbh.

I want campaign scoring.
And the option to have the announcer on warzone.
PvE.

Trup1aya

Both Noctus and Overgrowth are entirely new maps though, just because they use a few pieces of the same geometry, they're rehashes? I just don't agree with that.

A few peices? That's an understatement. They are literally rehashing play spaces. It's a fact, not an opinion.

Half of overgrowth is geometrically copied and pasted from plaza. Thats a fact.

I've already spent countless hours fighting for control of home bases and garages, and that's those two structures make up 4/5ths of the objectives on Noctus. Again, that's not opinion. That's fact.

Now who's excited to play night time Noctus? This time with yet another armory?

Don't get me wrong, There isn't a map in the game I can't have fun on. But playing in the same playspaces over and over is repetitive and the fact that 343i sees this practice as adequate is disappointing. Not just to me, but to many others.

The idea of a remix doesn't bother me in the slightest. But lifting half of plaza and putting some vines on it, rubs me wrong... It wouldn't be so bad if there was any indication that the weapon placements were play tested.

using the exact same Warzone bases over and over is a really cheap shortcut. There's no way around it.

Strider

Shiiiit new update looks so good.

I have 85k req points atm and should be able to easily save up enough to make sure I get all the new common, uncommon and rare reqs right away. HYPE.

After a little bit of a break period I'm pretty addicted to this game again...

IHaveIce

Banned
I would also say make it possible to disable broending spartans, but give people who like those things even more customizable options.

Different thing I just rewatched the Halo 5 Beta montage.. for some reason I think the beta looked way better than the final version, graphically and weapon wise. Also Eden was a nighttime map, why was this changed

I am aboard with all of this.

Our glorious leader will excalate Humping Animations for Spartan Victories!

Viva la McCrumplberry!

I would also say make it possible to disable broending spartans, but give people who like those things even more customizable options.

Different thing I just rewatched the Halo 5 Beta montage.. for some reason I think the beta looked way better than the final version, graphically and weapon wise. Also Eden was a nighttime map, why was this changed

I think Eden is still at night.

hwalker84

One thing I'd love for 343i to implement and maybe this has been suggested. I need an ingame weapon REQ test playground. When I play warzone I have no idea what the slight difference is of the ton's of BR's/SMG's/AR's, ETC. If I could sit there in an empty room with a spartan and spawn with different REQ and test them I would be in heaven.

Duji

Anyone have a link to some of the amazingly bad "Bronze" player videos? I watched a couple yesterday and can't remember where I saw them collected.
AngryJoe is a LEGIT Bronze 1 player. Just skim through this video (timestamped to show his rank) for some for some bottom-of-the-barrel Halo action. Apparently he calls himself a "Halo veteran" too, lol.

singhr1

Really? Then it doesn't look as good as in the beta

They brightened it up because blue players were too hard to see and reduced the effect of the lightning strikes. They've done this on all night maps for visibility purposes.

EDIT:
This is also how I imagine Drew at Giantbomb also plays, yet he's Giant Bomb's "resident Halo expert." What a joke.

He played through the Halo 5 campaign for extra life, you can see his performance there (youtube or website). It's probably like silver/gold level. Also, what do expect them to do, hard to get really good at a shooter for people who cover all video games for a living. Hard to commit a ton of time to a single game for them.

No.

AngryJoe is a LEGIT Bronze 1 player. Just skim through this video (timestamped to show his rank) for some for some bottom-of-the-barrel Halo action. Apparently he calls himself a "Halo veteran" too, lol.

This is also how I imagine Drew at Giantbomb also plays, yet he's Giant Bomb's "resident Halo expert." What a joke.

JackHerer

Can't remember what Eden looked like compared to now but Regret for example looks quite a bit nicer now than it did in beta.

Truth looks better as well with the shitty bloom turned down a bit.

Atkison04

Are all the gaf spartan companies still active? Looking back at page 1 it seems most companies are full or only have 7 members. I want that new armor and honestly didn't know spartan companies was a thing. Could anyone be kind enough to point me to a company that would take in a 30 minute play time a day average scrub such as myself?

Ryde3

I hope the Forge playlist comes sooner then later,1 new arena map a month isn't enough to keep things 'fresh'. I've also only gotten the new Warzone map once :(

Caja 117

Yeah, from my perspective, I couldnt had tell about such maps been remix if I didn't knew about it, except for Eden/Empire.

I'm liking the new Skins...but Im on silver packs level, so its taking me a lot to buy packs now..

TCKaos

I don't know why people are complaining the skins not being "serious." When has Halo ever been serious? Reach had kids yelling and hearts when you died.

Bring back Armor Effects Stinkles! Oh and this too:

brooo.gif

Good thing I have almost 300k req points!

I don't like these but I also don't like the super stoic ones we have now. There's a happy medium between "YEAAAH BOOOIIII" and *respectful nod* and I'd like to land somewhere in there.

I don't like these but I also don't like the super stoic ones we have now. There's a happy medium between "YEAAAH BOOOIIII" and *respectful nod* and I'd like to land somewhere in there.

It's really just the front guy who's a piece of garbage. The other high fives I'm fine with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom