• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you guys went up early but then lost the later rounds, with Fatstronaut being the last guy standing most of the time. Only issue was every death/every round, it kept reverting to the other teams viewpoint. I think you did have the best K/D that match, think it may have been the last one?

Yeah, it was the last.

Old man Elzar gets tired easily.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I know people are complaining about recycled assets, lame maps, unfinished content being billed as "all new" DLC, lack of modes, etc, but one thing I'd like to see is these dedi's get straightened out.

Ayy, you do get something from Spartan Companies - the upcoming Achilles armor!

I guess I need that invite to HaloGAF :b
Have to agree. I'd rather see the Pit or Chill Out remakes show up in MM.
Speaking of Chill Out, not really a fan of the one 343 showed off. It looks alright, but there's so much more potential judging from the other remakes we've been seeing. Not a fan of the fog and bare rooms; it could use more detail.

Glass

Anyone from NeoGAF company still playing? I remember it was a predominantly EU company, but activity > region with this new update

I don't see why people want Orion back. Forge is already in the hands of everybody and we've already seen more than enough maps that are better than Orion was. It would be different if it was still in matchmaking but its been out of the lineup for awhile now.
I may be in the minority, but I feel like a lot of the community forgers are already on par or better at map making than a lot of the devs. Is that heresy? It's not to say the devs aren't good, but that the only thing holding some of the maps back in forge are more options. It may very well be that 343 feels the same way and instead of worrying about putting out some homegrown maps, they're working on providing more tools for forgers to use. Seriously, I feel like one of the only things really missing from forge is the option for adding textures to objects.

BraXzy

Dear Halo,

If I'm Platinum 4, please don't put me into a match with another Platinum, if the opposing team has an Onyx and a Champion.

Signed,

My Eternally doomed SWAT rank.

Ryde3

..okay.. Elite controller owners

I need some tips. Im trying to get used to this.

Any tips on stick curves and what was best for smoother control? I still get squirrly.

Lost so many recent games.. Sigh

I don't think you caught my GT :'(

BraXzyy (if you still want it)

I've still not messed with the curves or anything. But the controller is indeed godlike. I'd be very interested to hear from someone who has really gone to town with all the customisable settings.
Also, obligatory git gud.

I'm using 2 Look Acceleration, and 3 Sensitivity in Halo, and in the Elite controls I've set both sticks to 'Smooth'. After trying all the others it just felt the best for Halo imo. I've put the two small paddles on the top left and right, and set left to jump and right to boost.

Initially I wasn't playing with the paddles at all because I couldn't get used to it, but 2 days ago I put them on again and I've really gotten the hang of it. Aiming while jumping/boosting is a big upgrade for me.

jadedm17

Dear Halo,

If I'm Platinum 4, please don't put me into a match with another Platinum, if the opposing team has an Onyx and a Champion.

Signed,

My Eternally doomed SWAT rank.

As Plat 5 (with two other Plats) I got someone completely unranked, first team slayer game, and the opposing team had an Onyx and a Diamond. I really hate this game some(a lot? Most probably) of the time. Smh

BraXzy

Man i just noticed, this new warzone map looks exactly like the last one they gave us... They just changed the structure in the middle...

It's literally the Assault variant of that map. Whether or not it should be one of two maps in a months release is another thing, but its not like they're trying to pull wool over your eyes.

Also, the spawns on some of these maps are seriously whack. And it is all too evident when playing SWAT. If I spawn with two guys literally looking at me, there's something wrong...

I'm using 2 Look Acceleration, and 3 Sensitivity in Halo, and in the Elite controls I've set both sticks to 'Smooth'. After trying all the others it just felt the best for Halo imo. I've put the two small paddles on the top left and right, and set left to jump and right to boost.

Initially I wasn't playing with the paddles at all because I couldn't get used to it, but 2 days ago I put them on again and I've really gotten the hang of it. Aiming while jumping/boosting is a big upgrade for me.

Thanks for the info! Ill try the smooth for my right stick.i got the same paddlee setup as you

Man i just noticed, this new warzone map looks exactly like the last one they gave us... They just changed the structure in the middle...

Man, these guys fucking suck ass at making maps. Its absolutely ridiculous.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/infinitys-armory-preview-2

Yeah. Here is there excuse

For Urban, we had a tough time trying to figure out what we could do to make this area really feel like it was a connected part of Noctus as well as change it enough where it would feel like a different map. One of the things I talked over with our lighting artist, Kevin Daziel, was the intense lighting we had for Battle of Noctus. We decided we should go just as extreme, so we made this level a night level. It may not seem like much on paper but going with that decision has many perils. For darker maps, it’s easier for certain colors to blend into the darkness; and for multiplayer, that throws off balance and fairness which can lead to a not so fun experience.

Sorry about the double post!!!!!!

Nadeshot me if breaking rules.

I've always liked the idea of a single life elimination game in halo. That would be fun as a survival mode. But changing the shields and health while also slapping a flag into the mix makes the Breakout mode not as enjoyable for me. The flag is just a distraction and the reduced shields makes it too easy to die. Is that what people dislike about Breakout or is it something else? I'd totally be fine with the gametype if they ditched the flag and made the health and shields normal amounts.

Madness

One of the blurred emblems look like crossed swords, I hope they are.

My worst Assault map is the Raid on Apex 7 version
Attack or defend, I barely win that, even if I'm ripping it up and being the top guy with kills. That version of Assault and March on Stormbreak regular Warzone are the ones I have the worst W/L rating on. Granted some are joined in progress losses, but can't explain it.

Had a BTB CTF match on Recurve where I was literally the only person who even attempted to run flags, stop enemy carriers, etc. Everyone else too busy trying to just get sniper or pad their stats. Other team was largely busy doing same thing. It also sucked because the base design and flag location meant that anyone who went for it was instantly killed by the campers hiding at the very back top which is near impossible to shoot or kill.

BraXzy

I've always liked the idea of a single life elimination game in halo. That would be fun as a survival mode. But changing the shields and health while also slapping a flag into the mix makes the Breakout mode not as enjoyable for me. The flag is just a distraction and the reduced shields makes it too easy to die. Is that what people dislike about Breakout or is it something else? I'd totally be fine with the gametype if they ditched the flag and made the health and shields normal amounts.

Most people dislike both the low health and I guess single life aspects. It's too different to regular Halo flow for some.

I personally love it. There's an Arena Breakout variant in Team Arena on regular maps with regular health.

As for the flag, it isn't intended as a primary objective, it is there for if they are down to 1 man and the guy is camping. You grab flag and they can't just keep camping for a tie. Think of Breakout as Hardcore Elimination with an anti camp device.

a00d52d880f21e65ba9b4657ef5dad7d.gif

Most people dislike both the low health and I guess single life aspects. It's too different to regular Halo flow for some.

I personally love it. There's an Arena Breakout variant in Team Arena on regular maps with regular health.

As for the flag, it isn't intended as a primary objective, it is there for if they are down to 1 man and the guy is camping. You grab flag and they can't just keep camping for a tie. Think of Breakout as Hardcore Elimination with an anti camp device.
Yeah I can deal with the flag, but I really don't like the no shield/increased health. It takes away from part of what makes halo fun, the gun fights. If it's not going to be normal, they might as well make it swat breakout instead.

EDIT:
nRdZRer.gif

Velikost

Damn, anyone know a company near completion for the armor goals? Trying to get in before the update and promptly hop out afterwards, lol.

It aggravates me, i keep waiting for good 343 maps and they aint coming... The fucking Forge guys are killing them in this aspect. Never thought id say that.

I hear you. I want more dev3 made maps that arent remixes. It was okay for a couple but every damn map? Whomever made that the best option needs to be writen up at work. lol

Pased the verbal warning stage :p

Strider

Alright I'm back up to the rank I was before that long losing streak a couple nights ago. I feel better now lol

Also now that I've been playing more Arena again it's time to put another reminder out that Storm Rifle is OP and needs a nerf. Sheeesh man. Empire especially all I hear is "pew pew pew" all game long.

Alright I'm back up to the rank I was before that long losing streak a couple nights ago. I feel better now lol

Also now that I've been playing more Arena again it's time to put another reminder out that Storm Rifle is OP and needs a nerf. Sheeesh man. Empire especially all I hear is "pew pew pew" all game long.

U gonna carry me to diamond?

I was at plat 5 then got on a losing streak down to plat 2.... Sigh

Strider

U gonna carry me to diamond?

My back is weak son. I'm not good enough to carry anyone to any rank... Ask Nutter and Ram if you want a carry lol

But I'm down to group up sometime if you want... I usually play solo but I really should branch out some. Both friends I have that bought H5 haven't played in so long :(

My back is weak son. I'm not good enough to carry anyone to any rank... Ask Nutter and Ram if you want a carry lol

But I'm down to group up sometime if you want... I usually play solo but I really should branch out some. Both friends I have that bought H5 haven't played in so long :(

Okay that sounds good. Depends on your timezone and when you usually play.

I think were already friends -
Sensei strider?

Ffs this please, just do this.

Exactly : Halo is tactical first and foremost, but I loved jumping in the random playlist for Halo 3 that had everything from gravity hammer skeeball to mongoose racing; I need some ridiculous in my life.
I've never been able to get into the more light hearted gametypes. What I want is some 1-bomb and 1-flag assault games.

BraXzy

Just throw a disclaimer on saying they are community made and not fully tested, throw them into a playlist and have regular votes for maps liked/disliked.

There's a blog post featuring some remakes, which is shown at Halo's main menu. Put that effort into making the playlist ;D

Trup1aya

Man, these guys fucking suck ass at making maps. Its absolutely ridiculous.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/infinitys-armory-preview-2

They changed it to an armory... Which has been used 9 times in the existing Warzone maps...

Why do they think this is ok?

Edit: Bungie has made there share of shitty maps, but they've never resorted to using the same play spaces over and over again . In fact I think this is unprecedented in AAA gaming. Can anyone think of another game that uses the same pieces of geometry over and over and passes them as new maps?

Madness

I keep wondering whether we have enough regular players here to team up for Warzone and just run roughshod over other teams for a while, farm tons of RP. I bet the mode probably would play so well if we had a lot of guys all working together, coordinating etc.

Trup1aya

Taking away the one unique element of Noctus and making it ARC assault 2 is such bullshit.

But they made it night time... This changes EVERYTHING

I wonder what next months Warzone Map will be like. I hope they keep the home bases exactly the same, give us two spires, and stick a never before scene play area in the middle. Then in the Warzine assault variant, they should change all bases info Armories. You can never have enough of those.

/s

Right? Spending time they could have put toward an actual from the ground up map for warzone assault.

The decisions sometimes.smh... We already pour millions into the reqs. Wonder how the drop off is compared to when it first launched.

Welfare

I wonder what next months Warzone Map will be like. I hope they keep the home bases exactly the same, give us two spires, and stick a never before scene play area in the middle. Then in the Warzine assault variant, they should change all bases info Armories. You can never have enough of those.

Oh fuck I just realized we are only going to get 1 Warzone map per month, and only 2 will be actual Warzone maps.

Shit tier stuff right here.

BraXzy

Oh fuck I just realized we are only going to get 1 Warzone map per month, and only 2 will be actual Warzone maps.

Shit tier stuff right here.

Everything starts to kinda suck when you think about it for a bit. Things are either remixes or assault variants these days :3

Trup1aya

Will we get one original Arena map in the next 4 months?

I'm betting on no.

We won't see a ground up original map before June if I had to guess. And depending on the req income (which is dependent on the population) we may not see any more maps past that point.

What sucks about this business Model is that it's dependent on having a high population and/or a few fans who don't mind spending a lot extra.

Well, 343i has been making decisions that hurt the population, which limits that amount of people they'll have buying Reqs... Which reduces their incentive to work hard in making good new content...

The poor map output and lack of content, simply begets more poor output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom