• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok is this BR also essentially stronger and faster?

Doubt it, H2 BR is also 4 burst kill, probably the rarity is just for nostalgia. And since it is a loadout weapon it can't be OP.

I don't get it.

What's the point of the Halo 2 BR if it's practically the Classic BR?

Do they play any differently?

Different aesthetics, the Classic BR is just a Halo 5 BR with a classic scope, this one is entirely H2's model, with H2 (or H2A?)'s sound effect as well.

BraXzy

ia-gallery-1-b495cafde4434e8992862fef018a0226.jpg

Legendary Mythic. :(

Most of my gold packs drop legendaries now woop woop. The Silver grind was worth it.

Different aesthetics, the Classic BR is just a Halo 5 BR with a classic scope, this one is entirely H2's model, with H2 (or H2A?)'s sound effect as well.

I'm assuming they aren't exactly the same gun, but even if they are the Classic BR looks atrocious.

Ah I see.

Too bad it's only for warzone, which I don't play often.

I'm hoping that when the forge playlist comes out, they'll put the gun on a remake of a Halo 2 map.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Anyone have a link to some of the amazingly bad "Bronze" player videos? I watched a couple yesterday and can't remember where I saw them collected.

Misc

I don't get it.

What's the point of the Halo 2 BR if it's practically the Classic BR?

Do they play any differently?

From the video, it seems like the Halo 2 br's rate of fire is much slower. The halo 4/ halo 5 br burst is so faster than the classic br than it could as well be firing a single shot

Nowise10

The "Stop Stabbing Yourself" assassination legit looks like the default assassination animation. Your player just stabs the enemy spartan in the neck.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You can find them on your xbox under GAME DVR under "your recorded clips"

I thought about including that caveat in my original request but didn't think anyone would stoop low enough to use it. I forgot about the Gaf Zinger Limbo Squadron.

Anyway, once more with feeling... anyone got a link?

IHaveIce

Banned
I thought about including that caveat in my original request but didn't think anyone would stoop low enough to use it. I forgot about the Gaf Zinger Limbo Squadron.

Anyway, once more with feeling... anyone got a link?

Sorry Frankie, ILY.

But I can't help you, I have no idea what a clipcollection you mean.

EDIT: Also always expect me to stoop as low as possible, I have learned from Elzar

Trup1aya

Paid DLC limits the population still further.

Why would 343 lose incentive if their REQ sales are dropping (which will happen anyway - also, is there not an argument that REQ purchasers are likely to stick around a lot more, given their investment, and thus the curve for sales is significantly different to that of normal DLC packs. I dunno, but I can infer that easily enough too)? They're not on commission here.

You're putting the chicken before the egg.

The mixed readings of everything are tiresome. Everything awful and world-destroying is down to 343's laziness/incompetence, and the solution is 'do what I suggest, right now'. There are elements of truth in many of these suggestions, and their intention is obviously to try and express how Halo could be better (for it could be, in numerous ways), but, as I said, the way some people act it's like Halo 5 came out on a record-selling console but was a broken mess of shit. Quite the opposite on both counts.

Listen man, i am in no way an advocate of paid DLC. Not sure why it's brought up in the convo with me. I agree that the idea of allowing Warzone microtransactions to fund free DLC for all is a great idea in theory...

What I'm saying is the 343i execution of this has been a failure thus far. All we've gotten for the 1st three months is a bunch of glitchy Forge maps (which would have been free anyway) a terrible arena map (overgrowth) and Warzone maps that use the exact same play spaces. So if the player base dives because of a lack of quality post launch content, they no longer can count on Req profits to find DLC.

With regards to incentive, their idea is that they will make enough money from microtransactions to justify NOT putting DLC behind a paywall. But in order for that to be true, they need to have a large playerbase and/or some profitable whales. Releasing bad content doesn't help with either of those.

All that while we still lack gamemodes that people have come to expect with halo. This hurts new sales, and makes it more likely that people will get bored and stop playing (and thusly, stop paying).

All that while going up against stiff competition in the MP space.

So while I think the Idea is sound. The executions has been poor.

I have never suggested that H5 is a broken mess. I personally love halo 5. I just feel like it's fallen well short of its potential, largely because of how they chosen to handle new map design, and stagger gamemode release.

Edit: as an anecdote, I talked 6 of my high school buddies that I used to play halo2 with to buy Halo5. They did, and they enjoyed it, but stopped because they missed the old game modes. Will they come back when the maps come? Maybe, but it's better business to keep a customer, than to hope the customer comes back later.

Ramirez

Listen man, i am in no way an advocate of paid DLC. Not sure why it's brought up in the convo with me. I agree that the idea of allowing Warzone microtransactions to fund free DLC for all is a great idea in theory...

What I'm saying is the 343i execution of this has been a failure thus far. All we've gotten for the 1st three months is a bunch of glitchy Forge maps (which would have been free anyway) a terrible arena map (overgrowth) and Warzone maps that use the exact same play spaces.

With regards to incentive, their idea is that they will make enough money from microtransactions to justify NOT putting DLC behind a paywall. But in order for that to be true, they need to have a large playerbase and/or some profitable whales. Releasing bad content doesn't help with either of those.

All that while we still lack gamemodes that people have come to expect with halo. Which hurts new sales, and makes it more likely that people will get bored and stop playing.

So while I think the Idea is sound. The executions has been poor.

I have never suggested that H5 is a broken mess. I love halo 5. I just feel like it's fallen well short of its potential, largely because of how they chosen to handle new map design, and stagger gamemode release.

You realize under a paid DLC model, in the first 3 months we probably would just now be getting the first map pack, and it probably would have been 2 Arena/2 WZ maps (Assault variant included!).

Whether you are not advocating for paid DLC or not, the model they're currently using is without a doubt getting us content faster than ever before, and it's free. Whether you like that content is kind of irrelevant because that all comes down to personal preference.

Trup1aya

You realize under a paid DLC model, in the first 3 months we probably would just now be getting the first map pack, and it probably would have been 2 Arena/2 WZ maps (Assault variant included!).

Whether you are not advocating for paid DLC or not, the model they're currently using is without a doubt getting us content faster than ever before, and it's free. Whether you like that content is kind of irrelevant because that all comes down to personal preference.

Again, I don't dispute that we are getting content more quickly, or that the content is free.

I'm saying the content is mostly made of forge maps (which have always been free anyway) and the ones that aren't forge aren't very good, and are largely rehash. I don't believe that rehash helps sustain in the manner 343i was hoping.

The paid DLC model is irrelevant to what I'm saying about 343i's execution of THIS model.

Halo 5: Guardians - Infinity’s Armory Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0MgL5OI_Q8

PIIZZZAAAAAAAAAAAA
I like how the trailer's music directly ties with all the skins. Plus, halo looks so much better in these trailers than what i see in-game. hehe

How nice, wonder how many energy points will we need to use it. I want that Mister Cheif gun Skin and the Emblem..

would that imply that we get the update next week? I don't remember seeing a date.

There was no date, we are all assuming from their past updates. They only said it'll come at the end of the month. My bet is the 27th.

Mix

I had no idea this thread was still alive, I've been away from GAF for so long...

Glad to see that Elzar and Stinkles are both still getting shit on in the same page though, so that's a relief.

Ramirez

Again, I don't dispute that we are getting content more quickly, or that the content is free.

I'm saying the content is mostly made of forge maps (which have always been free anyway) and the ones that aren't forge aren't very good, and are largely rehash. I don't believe that rehash helps sustain in the manner 343i was hoping.

The paid DLC model is irrelevant to what I'm saying about 343i's execution of THIS model.

Both Noctus and Overgrowth are entirely new maps though, just because they use a few pieces of the same geometry, they're rehashes? I just don't agree with that.

Sai

Classic BR seems so redundant now. Maybe they had to push that ahead for the weapon mod variants, 'cause the Halo 2 BR won't have any.

Anyways, looks ace.

TCKaos

Reposting from the Infinity's Armory thread to put some of your hopes and dreams in to context:

Assuming that you have no unlocks left in your armory and will get one of these unlocks every single time you open a pack, that's at minimum 14 Silver packs and 13 Gold packs. That's going to cost you, bare minimum, 200,000 REQ points, or just over 200 Warzone matches, or 70 hours of play-time.

Or, you could pay $70 USD. Minimum. Assuming you had perfect odds.

EDIT: My bad, Achillies can only be unlocked through SPARTAN Companies, so it comes out to $68.

FURTHER EDIT: Infiltrator Saboteur is erroneously listed twice on Waypoint. It's actually $66.

I don't know why people are complaining the skins not being "serious." When has Halo ever been serious? Reach had kids yelling and hearts when you died.

Bring back Armor Effects Stinkles! Oh and this too:

brooo.gif

Reposting from the Infinity's Armory thread to put some of your hopes and dreams in to context:

Good thing I have almost 300k req points!

Both Noctus and Overgrowth are entirely new maps though, just because they use a few pieces of the same geometry, they're rehashes? I just don't agree with that.

overgrowth is a remix, but plays WAY differently than plaza.

i like the skins in this update, REALLY bummed thats all thats really here, but if they include some slick updates to the UI, im totally fine and happy with this update

JackHerer

When they showed the needle rifle carbine thing it looked they they were on Truth again. Would love to get to play with some of the cool toys outside of Warzone.

I don't know why people are complaining the skins not being "serious." When has Halo ever been serious? Reach had kids yelling and hearts when you died.

Bring back Armor Effects Stinkles! Oh and this too:

brooo.gif

This reminds me.

CAN WE PLS HAVE CUSTOMIZABLE ANIMATIONS FOR POST-GAME

I want some funny ones like Hip thrusting, or Silly Dances, or like the stuff above like the head nodding and fist pump.

Please Stinkles make it happen and I'll love you forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom