• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't like these but I also don't like the super stoic ones we have now. There's a happy medium between "YEAAAH BOOOIIII" and *respectful nod* and I'd like to land somewhere in there.

In retrospect, it would have been better to start out with stoic ones and keep upping the ante until they were super dark crazy twerkbots. That would have avoided the mass freakout of the initial reveals, and given angry internets time to adjust.

Trup1aya

AngryJoe is a LEGIT Bronze 1 player. Just skim through this video (timestamped to show his rank) for some for some bottom-of-the-barrel Halo action. Apparently he calls himself a "Halo veteran" too, lol.

lol thanks for this. I've only skimmed, but there was some hilarious commentary.

At one point, after displaying a hilarious lack of accuracy he quickly scrolls through the control options and says 'i wish that I could turn aim assists completely off' ... Umm... Yeah that's the problem.

At another point he suspect that he's playing against a pre made team of 'Pretty good players' and that fact made him look worse than he really is.... Nah bruh, you are just terrible.

It's really just the front guy who's a piece of garbage. The other high fives I'm fine with.

WE JUST NEED THIS:

19gkkj.gif

>=D

In retrospect, it would have been better to start out with stoic ones and keep upping the ante until they were super dark crazy twerkbots. That would have avoided the mass freakout of the initial reveals, and given angry internets time to adjust.

The rule of threes, my friend. Can't go full retard on the first iteration.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
At another point he suspect that he's playing against a pre made team of 'Pretty good players' and that fact made him look worse than he really is.... Nah bruh, you are just terrible.

they were sticking together!

in strongholds. who woulda guessed.

Fuchsdh

You know, I'm really tempted to just quote this and stick it on Wikipedia. If NeoGAF isn't a good enough source I'll just drop it on Kotaku.

O'Connor, discussing the change in the Spartan stances post-match, regretted their reveal; "In retrospect, it would have been better to start out with stoic ones and keep upping the ante until they were super dark crazy twerkbots," he said.

Ramirez

Beta Eden and Regret were basically unplayable in a competitive sense because of Spartans blending in.

I also just played with Halo royalty...Greenskull.

kreygasm

they said end of feb.

if those exact game types you mentioned arent added, if we are getting like, one a month, im pretty much out.

Yeah unfortunately i'm already out... just waiting to come back when we have a full Halo game for Arena-centric players. I feel like it's 1/2 a Halo for us and everything is so limited and focused on this new, horrible (IMO) Req/Warzone system. (no offense if you're a Warzone main)

I don't like these but I also don't like the super stoic ones we have now. There's a happy medium between "YEAAAH BOOOIIII" and *respectful nod* and I'd like to land somewhere in there.

343 tends to make drastic choices.

"Halo 4 is not competitive enough." Alright, fuck social modes. This game is for pros only now.
"These spartans act too dudebro." Okay, we gave all the spartans lobotomies. They no longer remember their own names.

Really they should have just toned down the spartans. You said it exactly right. People didn't like YEAAAH BOOOIIII but still wanted things like little nods, maybe a quick shoulder pat, some confident spartans with hands at their hips. Something to show they're alive. Still friendly, just not like a bunch of teenagers in power armor.

They had it cranked to 11, we asked for a 5, they set it to 0. Now the spartans don't look victorious, they look like they forget where they parked.

singhr1

Could 343i ever provide a patch update increasing graphic fidelity?
Would they?
Should they?

What did you have in mind they would change? Resolution? Textures? Physics? I could see some changes to how they do splatter and driving physics

Where do you feel it's lacking? Besides Raid on Apex 7 and maybe Noctus, I don't feel like it's lacking

m23

I'd pay for a WWE assassination pack. Rock Bottom, Stunner, Pedigree, Chokeslam, RKO, etc. Would pay stupid amounts.

Homeboyd

I'd pay for a WWE assassination pack. Rock Bottom, Stunner, Pedigree, Chokeslam, RKO, etc. Would pay stupid amounts.
Bungie went this route (kind of) with their dance emotes. People emptied their bank accounts. Everyone was so offended at Luke for telling them they would throw money at the screen when they saw the emotes, and yet, they did it anyways.

Would be a smart move on 343's part.

Ramirez

Yeah unfortunately i'm already out... just waiting to come back when we have a full Halo game for Arena-centric players. I feel like it's 1/2 a Halo for us and everything is so limited and focused on this new, horrible (IMO) Req/Warzone system. (no offense if you're a Warzone main)

But there is a full game for Arena players, far better than any past game.

TCKaos

I can support this.

That shade of blue looks fucking amazing.

Absolutely agreed. It's a nice cobalt instead of a dark navy blue, and it just contrasts so much better with the red.

Duji

lol thanks for this. I've only skimmed, but there was some hilarious commentary.

At one point, after displaying a hilarious lack of accuracy he quickly scrolls through the control options and says 'i wish that I could turn aim assists completely off' ... Umm... Yeah that's the problem.

Yeah there's some funny shit in there. The guy is outlandishly bad.

Wow, Eden looked so cool at night in the beta...still love it though.

I'll say this about remixes: if I wasn't explicitly told overgrowth is a remix of plaza, I'd have fucking idea.
I wish they wouldn't have referred to them as remixes because people already go in with the notion that the maps are phoned in.

blamite

"Remix" seems like a good way to describe Empire and Eden, or Truth and Regret, but honestly even though they share some thematic similarities, based on what I've seen so far Riptide looks so different from Fathom that I honestly don't think I would've identified it as a "remix" if it wasn't pointed out.

E92 M3

Bungie went this route (kind of) with their dance emotes. People emptied their bank accounts. Everyone was so offended at Luke for telling them they would throw money at the screen when they saw the emotes, and yet, they did it anyways.

Would be a smart move on 343's part.

Yeah, I prefer it over the REQ system that's primarily geared towards Warzone.

it's kind of a shame you feel forced to defend your position at all in the face of all this unwarranted pessimism.

funknown's tone seems to imply that unless you're constantly & consistently attacking 343, you're doing it wrong.

I, personally, would not want to make games for people like that.
Well I'm glad you don't make games in that case considering I'm very positive on Halo 5 most of the time. I let out a little frustration and criticize 343's handling of a Forge playlist in that I believe they're missing out on opportunities that could help them out, but apparently you think I just want to attack 343 lol. Must every criticization end with "BUT I STILL THINK HALO 5 GAMEPLAY IS AMAZING?" Have I not done that enough around here? Have I not expressed how great this game feels and how we're finally in a place where we can build off of, a ground zero per se, how it's my personal favorite Halo game since CE?

So yeah, don't be ridiculous.
Atomic and Funknown

Me and Hyper just did a purge two days ago, and filled back up straight away with active members.

I'll check again tonight, but you might have to wait a couple more months pending member activity.

Please direct your vitriol towards mod Tawpgun, he has trained to handle requests and issue PR statement on behalf of HGSC.
Atomic submit clips of sick blainers

Funk make up with Karl
Damn, way to hurt my feelings.
Halo 5: Guardians - Infinity’s Armory Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0MgL5OI_Q8
lol nice trailer, that's so awesome we're getting the H2 BR. I really can't wait until we see the CE Pistol; that day will be glorious :]

What did you have in mind they would change? Resolution? Textures? Physics? I could see some changes to how they do splatter and driving physics

Where do you feel it's lacking? Besides Raid on Apex 7 and maybe Noctus, I don't feel like it's lacking

Maybe their AA solution, maybe res being static and not dynamic. just more curious about it. than to have solid suggestions.

The trailers they publish just look so much better than what i see on replays and on my own 1080p set.

Idk maybe it's just my eyes going bad?

I use the Halo 4 control scheme and I'm honestly considering an Elite controller just so I can turn toggle crouch off. I wanna sprint-slide like a cool kid.

Sort of related: Why does clicking Sprint enable stabilizers when they're off but not disable them when auto-stabilizers are on? I'd use the automatic option if I could somehow scope and fall intentionally.

Speaking of which, are people generally leaving auto-stabilizers on or turning them off? It's already nigh impossible for me to use them to trick jump given crouch is on B in Halo 4's scheme (and I believe stabilizers+crouch are what get you to new heights, yeah?), but if I do go Elite ever, I'll want to turn auto back on, I expect.

Fuchsdh

The Created? Who/What are they? I don't think I've heard that before.

They're what Cortana and co. are calling themselves ("Created" AIs as oppose to the "Creators", humanity.)

This is basically the first tease of post-H5 universe stuff we've gotten actually. Feel bad for whoever was on that planet...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
They're what Cortana and co. are calling themselves ("Created" AIs as oppose to the "Creators", humanity.)

This is basically the first tease of post-H5 universe stuff we've gotten actually. Feel bad for whoever was on that planet...

That map description alone sold me.

<3

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Despite some criticisms of the REQ system, for years I've wanted to have multiple versions of the same weapons to co-exist in game. Never once thinking it was going to happen.

It's really cool to see something like the H2 BR and the SPKNR find a place in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom