• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I get it 343. I asked for Mk. V one too many times and now you're screwing with me using this ugly version. You're going to give us the more iconic version too, right, RIGHT?!
:(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i wish the ui for assassinations were animated. its really hard to distinguish mostb y name and i dont typically get tons of assassinations to test them out.

Nutter

I don't like these but I also don't like the super stoic ones we have now. There's a happy medium between "YEAAAH BOOOIIII" and *respectful nod* and I'd like to land somewhere in there.

No one would like it if they had to see the other team do it every single time. So I understand.

They're what Cortana and co. are calling themselves ("Created" AIs as oppose to the "Creators", humanity.)

This is basically the first tease of post-H5 universe stuff we've gotten actually. Feel bad for whoever was on that planet...
Nice. I may have to dive in the Canon Fodder.
Despite some criticisms of the REQ system, for years I've wanted to have multiple versions of the same weapons to co-exist in game. Never once thinking it was going to happen.

It's really cool to see something like the H2 BR and the SPKNR find a place in the game.
Same, and it makes me desire Halo 5 as a platform for Halo multiplayer instead of Halo 6 starting over again.

Madness

I want my fleur-de-leis too, but we can't all have what we want :p

ia-gallery-24_thumb-fddcfa3284eb4c719285e60b5033a507.jpg

My crossed sword are back. Obviously I can't use the shield I used to have behind it, but they're even the same colors I tended to use. I must have this as soon as possible!

BraXzy

windup2-31531f83ec0f4bf6a61e4483f59a5740.gif

Is it just me (or maybe the lighting) or is the blue team color a bit lighter than it is right now? If so I like it!

I didn't notice that, good spot! Defo a lighter shade of blue which is great, especially for Breakout which we all know and love. Since blue team blend in quite nicely with the dark blue aesthetic.

I have some great games and some really bad ones, so my KDR kind of sucks. I try not to let it bug me too much, and just have fun.

I'll win a game of FFA here and there, and then come in last sometimes. It's weird. But lots of people play this game more than me and are inherently better.

How do I go about getting better icons? I'm having trouble getting any good ones.

Fuchsdh

I didn't notice that, good spot! Defo a lighter shade of blue which is great, especially for Breakout which we all know and love. Since blue team blend in quite nicely with the dark blue aesthetic.

Yeah it's leaning towards a vibrant cyan. Probably a better choice than the pastel blues of H4.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
lol thanks for this. I've only skimmed, but there was some hilarious commentary.

At one point, after displaying a hilarious lack of accuracy he quickly scrolls through the control options and says 'i wish that I could turn aim assists completely off' ... Umm... Yeah that's the problem.

At another point he suspect that he's playing against a pre made team of 'Pretty good players' and that fact made him look worse than he really is.... Nah bruh, you are just terrible.

You can be a halo veteran and be shit at the game.

op_ivy

lol ninja just lost a warzone match 1000-90!

he JiP at 670-40 or some such shit

op_ivy

why are the warzone waypoints such shit?is it a design decision to not know what the status of a base is unless youre relatively close or minor ai enemy spawns?

Madness

I really like the fact they embrace the 'teabag' now. This is something so unique to Halo and was on the verge of being erased, whether it was killcams, after match kills that quickly went to the poses etc. Even the Simpsons lampoons teabagging/Halo.

I think the guy who does the Halo live shorts, he really gets the community. Just look at that Warden Eternal kill stealing one.

Madness

By next thread, spoilers should be free/untagged right? I mean we're at the point where map descriptions for upcoming dlc take Halo 5 post campaign into account, so it's only natural.

BraXzy

I think the guy who does the Halo live shorts, he really gets the community. Just look at that Warden Eternal kill stealing one.

I have a feeling he helped with/made this trailer. Got major Halo live short vibes during it with the skins/Pizza stuff.

Not a fan of breakout in arena, out of 5 games last night 4 were breakout and 2 of those had quitters immediately which decided the games' outcome before they started. Solo arena sucks but it's where flag games are so I flock to it :(

Welfare

By next thread, spoilers should be free/untagged right? I mean we're at the point where map descriptions for upcoming dlc take Halo 5 post campaign into account, so it's only natural.

It's almost been 3 months since launch (a couple more weeks if you include the leaks), why would we spoil tag anything now? We are tucked away in the community section, so it's really the fault of the person getting spoiled if they get spoiled.

lmao, this guy kept teabagging me all match. So this was nice pay back.

Do people take it personally when they get teabagged? I just laugh.

Maybe if you're getting stomped and they're teabagging you.

My personal favorite is the guy who has outclassed me 9 times out of 10 but I get him once.. you better believe I'm going for the bag.

I think Halo 5's Warzone mode needs to be revamped completely.

I'd like to see it where you use reqs for variants and everyone has access to regular weapons/vehicles ala BTB.

I'm level 45 and still haven't used a banshee in Warzone because I have a grand total of 2 of them..it never feels like the "perfect" time to use it.

Current system isn't P2W I don't think..but it's definitely pay up or play a shit ton to be able to use some of the more rare vehicles. Especially since BTB doesn't have them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom