• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Do people take it personally when they get teabagged? I just laugh.

Maybe if you're getting stomped and they're teabagging you.

My personal favorite is the guy who has outclassed me 9 times out of 10 but I get him once.. you better believe I'm going for the bag.

I'd like to see it where you use reqs for variants and everyone has access to regular weapons/vehicles ala BTB.

I'm level 45 and still haven't used a banshee in Warzone because I have a grand total of 2 of them..it never feels like the "perfect" time to use it.

Current system isn't P2W I don't think..but it's definitely pay up or play a shit ton to be able to use some of the more rare vehicles. Especially since BTB doesn't have them at all.

I am honestly surprised how many people take teabagging seriously. Due to that, it's a great psychological tool and contributes to dumb mistakes by the enemy. Use it all the time in FFA and the thirst for revenge is huge haha.

--

That shade of blue is so much better!

Madness

Is that BR considered a "new" weapon? Before it was a skin correct? So is this considered separate?

Before was just the H5 BR with classic scope instead of the horned sights. This is the actual Halo 2 BR, so it looks and fires the same. Though since it's legendary, it's probably a beast to use. Crazy to think eventually we'll be able to use SPNKr, CE pistol, H2 BR in Halo 5 customs, maybe even future Playlists.

Apparently this wasn't added into the trailer that was part of the newest update
stopstabbingyourself-d28a3d884c5a40daadf473c969a51cfd.gif
I hope this animation actually works because some of the others that you uppercut or sparta kick people rarely do, at least for me. I chalk it up to the area I'm in (ie: too close to a ledge to do the animation), but who really knows why it does the default animation instead.

The backbreaker one never messes up, so I've only been using that one.

Welfare

You know what would be cool? Hero Hunt in Halo.

16 players, 8 per team, 4 players on each team are members of Osiris and Blue Team. Round based, and the Hero's get their characters respective loadout and some buffed stats to make them more unique to the regular multiplayer Spartans.

Before was just the H5 BR with classic scope instead of the horned sights. This is the actual Halo 2 BR, so it looks and fires the same. Though since it's legendary, it's probably a beast to use. Crazy to think eventually we'll be able to use SPNKr, CE pistol, H2 BR in Halo 5 customs, maybe even future Playlists.

Imagine if they brought back the button combos.

I use the Halo 4 control scheme and I'm honestly considering an Elite controller just so I can turn toggle crouch off. I wanna sprint-slide like a cool kid.

Sort of related: Why does clicking Sprint enable stabilizers when they're off but not disable them when auto-stabilizers are on? I'd use the automatic option if I could somehow scope and fall intentionally.

Speaking of which, are people generally leaving auto-stabilizers on or turning them off? It's already nigh impossible for me to use them to trick jump given crouch is on B in Halo 4's scheme (and I believe stabilizers+crouch are what get you to new heights, yeah?), but if I do go Elite ever, I'll want to turn auto back on, I expect.

Auto stabilizer is a must for trick jumps. Also bumper jumper and recon are the best if you want a all around control option for everything, unless you have an Elite.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Watching summit1g's stream and he was showing some Halo 5 footage of a dude running mouse+KB. It looked redonculously OP.

Random Xbox Live question, guys. I have a 14 day Gold trial that I want to apply since my gold has expired, but my Xbox just says that I can't apply the code because I already have a Gold account. What do? D:

Random Xbox Live question, guys. I have a 14 day Gold trial that I want to apply since my gold has expired, but my Xbox just says that I can't apply the code because I already have a Gold account. What do? D:

Trial code are only for accounts that never have a gold sub at all, aka fresh accounts.

Madness

Which update are we going to get black undersuits?

We NEED black undersuits.

YES!

502%20-%20beer%20gif%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20stunner%20the_rock%20wwe.gif

QXLSf2a.gif

YLOT5bt.gif

This should be 343s top priority for the next update.

I honestly wonder how much money they'll make if they actually gave limited time guaranteed REQ buys like this. We know by now, the best and coolest stuff is always going to be ultra rare/legendary/mythic. So that means roll the dice with gold packs, but imagine if they sold a 'Classic Chief' pack, guaranteed H2 BR or CE pistol, Mark V, SPNKr, for $5.99 or something, how many would just outright buy it. I mean I would. Same for something as crazy as a Stone Cold Stunner animation etc. Thoughts?

BraXzy

I honestly wonder how much money they'll make if they actually gave limited time guaranteed REQ buys like this. We know by now, the best and coolest stuff is always going to be ultra rare/legendary/mythic. So that means roll the dice with gold packs, but imagine if they sold a 'Classic Chief' pack, guaranteed H2 BR or CE pistol, Mark V, SPNKr, for $5.99 or something, how many would just outright buy it. I mean I would. Same for something as crazy as a Stone Cold Stunner animation etc. Thoughts?

Dota 2's microtransactions come in small, unique chests that contain like 8 set and you're guaranteed one of them. Recently they also made a change where you can't get repeats till you buy at least one of each. Quite different to the current REQ pack system but one offs every now and then like the HCS pack would be fine IMO.

I think it would be cool if those one off ones were sorta lucky dip out of selection of 6 or whatever.

Nowise10

This should be 343s top priority for the next update.

They should make just a simple one, where you just tap on the Spartans shoulder, he turns around and you sock him in the face killing him.

Really their are so many nice assassination ideas. I want moar

Also
The "Stop Stabbing Yourself" assassination legit looks like the default assassination animation. Your player just stabs the enemy spartan in the neck.

I knew It was the default assassination they showed. Kind of funny the guy who makes the media stuff didn't notice.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

like the hcs pack. yes, i would

Wouldn't buy it with Mk. V's current appearance. Mk. IV looks better.

Only if I can buy a bomb to plant in Warzone. Being serious I'd buy that in a heartbeat, I bought the HCS pack and I don't even really care for most of it.

Glass

One pack I hope they're considering is HCS teams. EG. Liquid. Dignitas. etc I bet more people spent real money on the HCS skin pack then tune in for the qualifiers. Team skins are a no brainer and I hope it was anticipated a while back and ready to launch before the tournament is over.

belushy

Banned
One pack I hope they're considering is HCS teams. EG. Liquid. Dignitas. etc I bet more people spent real money on the HCS skin pack then tune in for the qualifiers. Team skins are a no brainer and I hope it was anticipated a while back and ready to launch before the tournament is over.

I seriously want a Team Liquid pistol skin

Surprised i didnt see a doritos or mt dew. Weapon skin

:>

What if they had the decal painting customization like they do in forza... Omg

Butts n bewbs errrrwhere
jk

TCKaos

I hope this animation actually works because some of the others that you uppercut or sparta kick people rarely do, at least for me. I chalk it up to the area I'm in (ie: too close to a ledge to do the animation), but who really knows why it does the default animation instead.

The backbreaker one never messes up, so I've only been using that one.

I think the game checks to see how much of the surrounding area is free before triggering the animation in order to prevent things like your Spartan's foot hanging off of a cliff just standing on air or something like that. The backbreaker and the other normal "insert knife in to vulnerable area" ones take up little room spatially speaking, so the likelihood that they'd need to be replaced by another one in order to ensure that an assassination animation actually occurs is incredibly unlikely.

I've even had 104 Ways to Die not trigger on me depending on what angle my target and I are oriented against a wall in order to ensure that I don't clip in to the wall. I wish there was some fix for it, but I don't know what it'd be.

Madness

One issue is the copyrights and legal problems. 343 would develop these, sell these and make money on them, but would they share with the orgs/teams? Plus, a lot of teams are part of multi-game Orgs, not sure 343 would want to promote teams that are new to Halo or are heavily involved with other games no?

Not doubting the ability to sell though. I know a lot of Ninja fans would love rocking a Renegades AR/BR/Pistol skin etc.

BraXzy

One issue is the copyrights and legal problems. 343 would develop these, sell these and make money on them, but would they share with the orgs/teams? Plus, a lot of teams are part of multi-game Orgs, not sure 343 would want to promote teams that are new to Halo or are heavily involved with other games no?

Yeah there's a lot of legal issues for sure from stopping something that seems as simple as throwing a logo onto the guns happen. It's a shame but it's part of business I guess. I'm hopeful the major orgs will at some point work it out with 343.

Going back to the teabagging discussing.
I teabag and I get teabagged, I love it... But when all my team mates gave left in a game of slayer, and the other team have rocks, sniper and scattershot... Well I deserve some respect, teabagging me in that situation is poor form, fucking oxygen theives.

Not doubting the ability to sell though. I know a lot of Ninja fans would love rocking a Renegades AR/BR/Pistol skin etc.

I doubt that 343/MS can't figure those out, team skins has been in a lot of other games, Dota 2, League and even Heroes of the Storm.

BraXzy

belushy

Banned
So rumor is this:

CLG dropped Ogre2
Lethul joins CLG
Commonly joins EG

Part of me thinks it's all a troll but that's just because I didn't want to see EG break up

Pretty much safe to say I’m stuck in Diamond, which is fine. Started the season Plat four or five; highest I got was one win from Diamond three after that I did nothing but lose. Since then I’ve been stuck on Diamond one, sometimes I get to Diamond two but I lose it after a few games. I mean I don’t mind losing its part of the game. However, it gets annoying after a while. Played a bunch of games tonight and ended on a five game losing streak. The majority of the games had someone quitting, out of all my games I’d say 75% had player(s) quit. I honestly wish there was just a social TS I could go play and not worry about ranked. It’s one of the main reasons I like to play BTB or WZ. I like to enjoy myself when I play, I hate having to be super competitive every time I want to play some TS.

Oh well that's enough Halo for tonight /rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom