• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Yes I agree team

If you are some casual that doesn't poopsock this game on the reg you are getting replaced with someone who does.

Mods aren't included in that obviously

We have 29 unranked folks this season. So that's roughly 70 "active" people.

Let's test it, we should mark down a bunch of stats and come check em in a week.

This is the current top 6 commendations as of right now:

But....

ALL GLORY TO FRANKIE

TEAM FRANKIE ALL DAY SON

Is there space for another fellow Spartan? I really want to join the HaloGAF company

It's at the 100 cap atm, once more inactive players get removed I don't see why you couldn't join! However, I'm not a mod, so you'd have to ask someone like Tawpgun.

It would be nice if they could raise the limit, I don't know if it's a technical issue or what.

Madness

Yes I agree team

If you are some casual that doesn't poopsock this game on the reg you are getting replaced with someone who does.

Juices is alone in A I R F L O W so he should join regular HaloGAF, but he hasn't really been playing for past few weeks.

BraXzy

Yes I agree team

Right?!

If you are some casual that doesn't poopsock this game on the reg...

Oh god...

...you are getting replaced with someone who does.
Crap, crap, crap, crap.

xr3sv.jpg

Wow, I've underestimated the gungoose for far too long.

I was just in a warzone match and decided to call in a gungoose because why not, I have so many and I didn't want to call in anything valuable.

I went on a god damned killing frenzy with it.

I was just in a warzone match and decided to call in a gungoose because why not, I have so many and I didn't want to call in anything valuable.

Gungooses (Gungeese?) are deceptively good. I used to sell every one I got but then got on one after I killed an enemy because why not and went on a killing spree. Plus they're tons of stupid fun to use.

I get killed by BRs when im on it too quickly. :(

Behind the curve; why are we concerned about who's ranked?

I don't think ranked really matters when it comes to commendations. If anything WZ is probably the fastest way of completing all the necessary requirements. Personally, I spent the majority of my time in WZ, BTB, and TS. TS is the only ranked mode I played this season really.

BraXzy

Behind the curve; why are we concerned about who's ranked?

One of the new armour pieces coming in this months update (which looks pretty dope) is tied to Spartan Company commendations to unlock. There are a bunch of Kill commendations you've got to max out. And they are crazy, like hundreds of thousands of kills, thousands of headshots, splatters etc.

So if you have a tonne of people who aren't ranked in your company, chances are they aren't active. It's a good way to roughly judge how many people have actually played in the past month since chances are an active player has placed in at least one Arena playlist.

Nobody should feel bad for Ogre 2 getting dropped, the guy's been ruthless over the years in dropping under performers and he more than anyone I've ever seen in the league treats competitive Halo as 'just business'.

I take back what I said about the Storm Rifle, it's an absolute beast when pulsed. Went on a killing frenzy with it earlier in FFA.

I've got one more game needed to rank in slayer (gotta pick up that bronze ranking!) and then I'll probably go back to playing mostly btb. But I admit I haven't been on much as everyone else. Slowly becoming more active.

So the Achilles armor can't be given in a REQ pack at all? Because I thought every single armor/dlc/REQ would be able to have a chance of getting it. Even something like Helioskrill can be awarded through the REQ system.
I hope that's the case, but wouldn't really be bothered if it wasn't. Mk. IV, Mk. V, and a handful of other helmets is all I need. Achilles looks sweet though, so hopefully it can be earned through REQ's, as well as the Helioskrill.

Nobody should feel bad for Ogre 2 getting dropped, the guy's been ruthless over the years in dropping under performers and he more than anyone I've ever seen in the league treats competitive Halo as 'just business'.

I take back what I said about the Storm Rifle, it's an absolute beast when pulsed. Went on a killing frenzy with it earlier in FFA.
I feel like if you miss a couple shots though with it you're screwed. I always seem to overheat it and can't switch to my pistol quick enough to finish the kill.

Caja 117

After reading a couple of post here about the storm rifle, I decided to pick it up last night games.....Holy mother of god that shit is Powerful, it is indeed a power weapon.

Speaking of the Storm Rifle, I'd love to see the Plasma Rifle make its return with plasma stun.
More and more people are seeing the light...

Gun needs a nerf
I'd rather they just have one on each map, maybe adjusting its respawn rate, instead of nerfing its power.

Caja 117

More and more people are seeing the light...

Gun needs a nerf

I think is fine, it does have a short clip.

But, I was actually surprised when I picked it up, before I was getting killed by it, but never in frequency, so I never pay too much attention to it, but after grabbing it yesterday, who need the sniper? Storm Rifle here I come,

JackHerer

Kinda on the fence re: storm rifle nerf. It gets pretty annoying on maps like Empire where it spawns so frequently right outside the base. Sometimes feels like everyone has one in their back pocket.

I almost always pick it up. Immediately swap my AR off spawn if I can.

Strider

Why would it need a nerf? It's powerful, but it's also a map pickup.

Because it limits weapon variety...

Everyone picks it up every time they spawn. Slayer matches on maps like Empire for example I literally hear the gun firing non fucking stop.

I'd rather they just have one on each map, maybe adjusting its respawn rate, instead of nerfing its power.

I'd be ok with this.

Its not tier 2 powerful but It is too powerful to be on a 10 second respawn timer and have multiple spawns on a map...

All the pew pew noises haunt me

E92 M3

Spawn rifle is a great backup weapon when everyone else has powerful weapons.

Honestly, I think nerfing/buffing anything would disrupt the beautiful sandbox we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom