• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i spend my 5k each time so i can continue to 'try' to get some boosts!
FEEL so slow in grinding when implaying without any type of boost.

All i want are my RP jackpots/boosts :p

IDC for victories/xp/assist/gambits

Fuchsdh

I was in the low 80s when I finished out silver packs. Also, I had around 70 silver tier emblems left when I finished the silver pack.

Well definitely got a long way to go then (I don't think I've cracked 40 yet.)

Selling off everything but 1 or 2 of the best vehicle and weapon REQs definitely speeds things up tho.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am a huge e-hoarder. Every RPG or game with RPG mechanic I save stuff. Ask me if I ever used an elixir lol.

Che Chou came over to my house the other night and played some Warzone. He's like, "Do you have any decent REQ gear?"

At which point I showed him this:

moTf0TX.jpg

Mix

I don't think I've kept more than a handful of REQs since launch seeing as I really don't tend to play Warzone unless I have a big enough group. I sell shit like it's hot cakes.

Fuchsdh

I sell garbage reqs for money

Ghost ultra, da answer, whiplash, fuel rod (for core) and camo is all you need

I keep a CQC like a shotgun or buffed sword, banshees, snipers, and over shields to add to what you've got, but yeah I'm not going to ever make good use of a tank, so I might as well just use the Ultra or try and steal someone else's.

E92 M3

What's the point in saving? You have to go through the shitty stuff to get to the good stuff, no avoiding it really.

One day I might decide to blow it all on Golds hoping to get luck with some new stuff. Secondly, I am very content with the gear now. Thirdly, it's fun to see a big "bank account."

Che Chou came over to my house the other night and played some Warzone. He's like, "Do you have any decent REQ gear?"

Pretty much me. I also have 30 unopened packs, but will get to those soon.

Honestly, this "problem" if you will has been with me for as long as I have been playing video games. More often than not, though, it has been beneficial to the cause.

I heard a story of that Frankie guy cheating the system and dropping himself some of that top tier req gear. Unconfirmed story at this point.

Madness

I like to keep the rare reqs and choose not to use them at all because "it's not the right time".

My issue is, sometimes I'll play fast and heavy with REQ's and then a few days later, will be like, hmm only 2 ghost Ultra left, can't spare it, don't have a ghost to spare etc.

I do think I should start offsetting my silver pack purchases with some gold to replenish the rare REQ's sometimes.

Karl2177

I keep 5 of each req card after I get a commendation for it. If I have 5 already, they get trashed. Exceptions to that are Railguns, Plasma Pistols, Rockets, Snipers, Answers, Ghosts, Banshees, and Scorpions.

I have a lot of stuff I could sell, but it's just too much of a pain to sell it individually. Plus it's not like I need the req points atm. However, I wish I could sell things five or ten at a time.

link1201

For people who are unlocking golds after burning through the silver and bronze unlocks, what spartan rank are you? Haven't been keeping a strict count of packs opened but want an idea of how far I have to go to start hitting the big unlocks.
I believe I was in the late 50s early 60s. I had bought a few req packs though so that may have jumped me up a bit. After I cleared silver I have probably spent another $60 for gold packs. I'm dumb and can't help myself lol

Trup1aya

One day I might decide to blow it all on Golds hoping to get luck with some new stuff. Secondly, I am very content with the gear now. Thirdly, it's fun to see a big "bank account."

Pretty much me. I also have 30 unopened packs, but will get to those soon.

Honestly, this "problem" if you will has been with me for as long as I have been playing video games. More often than not, though, it has been beneficial to the cause.

I can never walk away from the game with even a single pack unopened....

If an unforeseen circumstance keeps me from opening one ingame, I do it from my phone.

BraXzy

Well we're in the 2/3 levels of everything already, so hopefully it won't take forever to get. I feel bad but I have been upping my use of SC in Swat to try and pad those numbers. lol

I always forget how to find the commendations, someone got a link to HaloGAFs kill commendations?

I keep 5 of each req card after I get a commendation for it. If I have 5 already, they get trashed. Exceptions to that are Railguns, Plasma Pistols, Rockets, Snipers, Answers, Ghosts, Banshees, and Scorpions.
I've been selling everything. I still buy primarily silver packs, but I'm unconcerned about unlocking weapon certs and mainly just want armor unlocks.

BraXzy

level 4/5 for killing spartans - 250,000... i wonder if level 5 is 500,000 lol

To put that in perspective, if every member of HaloGAF is active and plays. We'd all need to get 2400 kills each just to hit level 4/5 of one commendation. Say you get 12 kills a game in Arena (high average really), that'd be 200 matches.

I feel like there should have been more tiers, with a more gradual incline :|

mo60

Level 4 of the spartan kills commendation is 240,000?!

Level 5 RIP, you were a good goal. An unachievable goal.

If you get at least 10 kills in every match a spartan company if they only play arena has to play a maximum of 24000 arena matches to complete that commendation at level 5.

Trup1aya

Man, ninja just rolled through Roy's chat, let lose with a salt shaker, then rolled out. Lol

He claims he's the only person who ever "called out" EG for not performing and dominating Halo 5.

Why should anyone be expected to instantly dominate a new game? I don't see how that is "call out worthy"

As far as performing, they are second place in the standings, and came one bad grenade throw away from winning a second qualifier.

Ninja then went on to criticize the fact that EG only one 1 qualifier. Again, how is this worth critism?

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion the pro gaming drama is comedy gold. And I feel silly for ignoring the scene all these years.

Madness

So the Achilles armor can't be given in a REQ pack at all? Because I thought every single armor/dlc/REQ would be able to have a chance of getting it. Even something like Helioskrill can be awarded through the REQ system.

BraXzy

So the Achilles armor can't be given in a REQ pack at all? Because I thought every single armor/dlc/REQ would be able to have a chance of getting it. Even something like Helioskrill can be awarded through the REQ system.

I don't think it's been confirmed/denied yet. If it comes in a REQ pack, then it's stupid because you'd literally get it through process of elimination from all the REQ gold you'd pile up grinding for the commendations xD

To put that in perspective, if every member of HaloGAF is active and plays. We'd all need to get 2400 kills each just to hit level 4/5 of one commendation. Say you get 12 kills a game in Arena (high average really), that'd be 200 matches.

I feel like there should have been more tiers, with a more gradual incline :|

Well, i think with an active roster, the company could get the set in about 3 months? Just going off of what the progress we have so far . NM the population dropped off and the numbers would take longer to get :((((((

BraXzy

Well, i think with an active roster, the company could get the set in about 3 months? Just going off of what the progress we have so far . NM the population dropped off and the numbers would take longer to get :((((((

We have 29 unranked folks this season. So that's roughly 70 "active" people.

Let's test it, we should mark down a bunch of stats and come check em in a week.

This is the current top 6 commendations as of right now:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom