• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Change Profile feature does not work very well. Many times when I go from my alt back to my main H5 says there is an error authorizing my account and I cannot connect to the servers. Then I get a Connecting to Lobby screen that just times out. Needs to be looked into. Quitting and restarting the game usually fixes it, but why even have it in the game if it doesn't work right.

4362f7096254df6f3f15482b334cd5b5.png

Thought this might be interesting in light of current XBO sales news

Not sure if it would be a good source for a new thread though

Ehh...

Storm rifle is op, AR could do with a nerf, pistol could do with a slight buff.

Storm rifle is fine, AR maybe but I don't think it's necessary. Pistol? You want it to become the new BR? The starting weapons as they currently are don't need a change, one is a easy pickup and shoot weapon suitable for beginners and is also quite useful for cleaning up kills, the other is the best starting weapon in Halo history with good but not OP all around performance and high skill cap, they don't need more change.

jem0208

If an AR user got the drop on someone, they deserve that kill; it's not a super strong weapon, but if someone's getting ambushed that easily, they should be punished for that.

No, no they don't. That is not how Halo works.

Getting the drop on someone means you get the advantage of being a shot up. However, if they're skilled enough they should be able to turn around and out shoot you.

That is nigh on impossible if someone gets the drop on you with an AR because of how easy it is to use.

The problem I have with AR isn't how powerful it is, it's how ridiculously easy it is to use in combination with the power. It takes next to no skill, it is very powerful in close range and is capable at mid. That is not how I think Halo should play.

AR is in a great place right now, and nerfing it would only hurt it. The pistol absolutely needs a nerf, however; bringing down the fire rate or magazine size, for instance.

Whaaaaaat? Fuck it, no point trying to reason.

As for pros and the AR, I regularly see pros saying that the AR should be used more often. Ninja said in a recent stream that if your flanking someone you should use the AR etc. The storm rifle is also absolutely abused in pro games.

Storm rifle needs a slight nerf. Maybe boost its projectile speed to compensate, but its damage is ridiculous.

AR is in a great place right now, and nerfing it would only hurt it. The pistol absolutely needs a nerf, however; bringing down the fire rate or magazine size, for instance.

If an AR user got the drop on someone, they deserve that kill; it's not a super strong weapon, but if someone's getting ambushed that easily, they should be punished for that.
These are all horrible opinions. Halo 5 is by far the most balanced shooter I think I've ever played in terms of weapon strengths. If anything, the only gun I'd want buffed slightly is the boltshot. TTK is a smidgen too long, especially versus a pistol or BR.

Glass

So uh.

Anyone else excited for the livestream tomorrow? We finally get to see more of the fathom remake

How long was the last livestream?

Yap, can't wait. Last one was 2 hours, maybe 2 and a half? Was a pretty long one. Lots of forge, Jo Staten interview, 3 games showing off the maps. Maybe this one will be shorter since there's nothing as huge as forge dropping next week, then again maybe they'll show a bunch of the maps made by people and talking about a community playlist.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
New clg (w/ lethul) vs new renegades (w/ mikwin) has been really close matches.

jem0208

New clg (w/ lethul) vs new renegades (w/ mikwin) has been really close matches.

I thought CLG has been pretty dominant.

First game was a very quick 3-0 Coliseum flag to CLG and they just won an Eden Strongholds 100-25.

That said Renegades are on the comeback in this Coliseum Slayer.

Edit: Nevermind...

op_ivy

Not been following the news these past few hours. So Mikwen has defo moved to Renegades?
No, but he is apparently playing under an alternative with them tonight. So, unless renegades has the clout, not to mention time, to run try outs I'd imagine it's a done deal even if not "official".

op_ivy

I thought CLG has been pretty dominant.

First game was a very quick 3-0 Coliseum flag to CLG and they just won an Eden Strongholds 100-25.

That said Renegades are on the comeback in this Coliseum Slayer.

Edit: Nevermind...

When I posted it was 3 - 2 and I missed the first two games which apparently we're blow outs in clg's favor. Clg definitely looks to be the stronger team, but I think they were before the moves too.

It's interesting watching lethuls stream after watching almost solely ninja for so long. Ninja plays so aggressive, at all times, even pushing with no shields. It's also apparent how much better this clg team communicates and works together then ninjas, liquid or renegades (though perhaps that's just the impression from ninjas streams perspective)

Has Lethul said why he left EG? Still seems like a dumb move.

Basically said he felt eg was stagnant and not getting better.

jem0208

When I posted it was 3 - 2 and I missed the first two games which apparently we're blow outs in clg's favor. Clg definitely looks to be the stronger team, but I think they were before the moves too.

It's interesting watching lethuls stream after watching almost solely ninja for so long. Ninja plays so aggressive, at all times, even pushing with no shields. It's also apparent how much better this clg team communicates and works together then ninjas, liquid or renegades (though perhaps that's just the impression from ninjas streams perspective)

Basically said he felt eg was stagnant and not getting better.
I'd say Renegades stronger than CLG before the moves.

They won 9-3 and 6-2 in scrims against CLG before.

Damn, CLG just steaked Renegades on Regret Slayer.

op_ivy

Lethul is so good with nades. Hit markers and hail Mary's everywhere. Rarely wasted.

Strider

The top 3 teams are still CLG, EG, and Allegiance and there's a significant gap between these 3 and other teams atm... this hasn't changed and they are still all very capable of beating one another at any given time.

I mean sure they could win but saying Allegiance "will walk away with it" now based on 1 player changing from CLG and EG is a huuuge stretch if you ask me. I don't care if they are #1 ranked atm based on points... They still aren't the favorite in any lan to me until they prove themselves in that environment.

Regardless we have the first lan really soon right? Isn't X games right around the corner?

jem0208

The top 3 teams are still CLG, EG, and Allegiance and there's a significant gap between these 3 and other teams atm... this hasn't changed and they are still all very capable of beating one another at any given time.

I mean sure they could win but saying Allegiance "will walk away with it" now based on 1 player changing from CLG and EG is a huuuge stretch if you ask me. I don't care if they are #1 ranked atm based on points... They still aren't the favorite in any lan to me until they prove themselves in that environment.

Regardless we have the first lan really soon right? Isn't X games right around the corner?

Renegades was definitely a contender for top 3 or 4 based off of their fairly brief performance. I'd say before the changes Renegades were better than CLG.

Renegades too. Spartan seems to be having a tough night and games with clg are still back and forth (kind of, heh). He's usually a beast.
Yeah, I imagine most of Renegades are feeling a bit down after Commonly left and CLG must be on a high.

E92 M3

I think new CLG will be a serious contender...

Yeah, but my concern is how they perform live.

Yeah, that seems like the safe bet on paper, but we'll see how the teams gel.

Still waiting to see where Ogre 2 goes. Really want him to find a good team.

I said it based on the psychological effects of changing teammates. Stability is a very important facet of team confidence and right now allegiance is most confident, in my opinion.

op_ivy

Yeah, I imagine most of Renegades are feeling a bit down after Commonly left and CLG must be on a high.

Tbh I'm not all that familiar with mikwin aside from name recognition. Isn't he a pretty good get? Could he work out better for them?

I go through my armor so much; I change it every time I play. I just can’t find what I’m looking for. Every time I try to mix helms and armor it just looks funny. Either the helm is too small or it just looks out of place, so I end up just using the matching helm/armor set. I decided just to do something basic and simple, recruit, but the Charred version because the skulls and flame are neat. It reminds me of Emile, which would be a pretty cool set. I mean we have Noble, so why can’t we have this!

X post for one of my 2-8 player maps based on the Genesis Campaign level. It's still messy please understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYAxYIOoEA&feature=youtu.be

That's actually looking really good so far.

MaGlock

Renegades was definitely a contender for top 3 or 4 based off of their fairly brief performance. I'd say before the changes Renegades were better than CLG.

I feel like EG should roll now with commonly but I felt like they would have won anyway. And the leftovers team was a better storyline. Too bad

Noctus map sucks so much.

It's my least favorite WZ map (looks nice though). Too much revolves around monument, whatever team has that pretty much will win the game and it's incredibly hard to take back unless the other team is completely brain dead. It also doesn't help that most of the AI bosses spawn around monument. All Noctus turns into is br/dmr spam until people get snipers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom