• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

For many people, big ass snow storm will equal more time to play halo (unless their power goes out).not this guy, though. This guy has been working non stop all week to prep for it, and will probably end up working out in it...

Responsibilities suck! I wish I was a kid again.

:(

Strider

I wish the SPNKR replaced the PC on Truth.

The more SPNKR the better I say

Also I want the saw to be on an arena map at some point. I love the saw

Glass

How to encourage quitting: make a boss worth 150 points killable within the first minute of a game. Warzone Assault is the ultimate chill mode for me, win or lose it's all good. Normal Warzone can be infuriating. Really hope they're looking at bosses.

Haruko

How to encourage quitting: make a boss worth 150 points killable within the first minute of a game. Warzone Assault is the ultimate chill mode for me, win or lose it's all good. Normal Warzone can be infuriating. Really hope they're looking at bosses.

I do like the Lochagos meta that has evolved with the splinter nades, though. Reminds me of shit like Waterworks = "Wraith driver needs to clear crates away from side of base ASAP" and other map-specific metas

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/a6b5ed1e-2c0c-4cc2-af8f-e05323015a63

While it's fun to steal a boss kill solo sometimes it's outright rage inducing when your team gets organised and goes after a 150 boss but the one bullet from one guy on foot takes the final kill rewards. This even happens over our 6 or 7 guys dealing consistent damage and superior vehicles based firepower.

While I really enjoy the swinging points/lead nature of Warzone, and a few differing ways to score, the boss kill points have become a sore point for me. I love the bosses and AI being there but the awarding of points is off. Partial damage based points feedback and a lump sum bonus for the final kill would work better IMO. At least in the above example we would have received like 100 points for the damage dealt and the enemy one guy would get say 50 points as the final kill shot bonus.

Anyhow some iteration required.

Akai__

Played 2 minutes of Overgrowth and got killed by Shotguns and Swords only. This was the 1st time I quit a match on purpose in Halo 5.

E92 M3

The AR is far too powerful for how easy it is to use.

Not really - it serves it's purpose as a good CQC weapon. A good shot with the pistol would shit on it. For once we have a Halo game where the AR is actually good to use and a viable choice for new players.

Can't complain there.

Glass

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/a6b5ed1e-2c0c-4cc2-af8f-e05323015a63

While I really enjoy the swinging points/lead nature of Warzone, and a few differing ways to score, the boss kill points have become a sore point for me.

That describes it for me. I love the hugeness of normal Warzone, but the bosses are so RNG. You can't use tactics or block people off when I can just do this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Glass Dallas/video/13261188
The other team could have been 12 Warzone pro's using the most advanced tactics known to man, but they couldn't have stopped me there. It's not fun.

I love the bosses and AI being there but the awarding of points is off. Partial damage based points feedback and a lump sum bonus for the final kill would work better IMO. At least in the above example we would have received like 100 points for the damage dealt and the enemy one guy would get say 50 points as the final kill shot bonus.

That sound's pretty good actually. 100 points for most damage dealt, 50 points for whoever finishes the boss off.

jem0208

Not really - it servers it's purpose as a good CQC weapon. A good shot with the pistol would shit on it. For once we have a Halo game where the AR is actually good to use and a viable choice for new players.

Can't complain there.
That's not true though. If an AR user gets the drop on someone at mid range and they miss a shot with the pistol they're fucked. It's literally a spray and pray weapon which takes absolutely no skill and is capable at mid range.

I'd be fine with its power if it took an iota of skill but sadly it doesn't.

I hate how much range the ar has.... ' Someone can ping me and half my shields half way or more across the map of eden/empire/truth/regret/fathom.

If they are shooting my back and i get cover quickly they still were able to have the high bullet magnetism take half my sheilds.

Noone rarely uses ar on Colloseium because there is a dmr, br and smg within 15 seconds of movement that is very easy to get.

I just want a slight nerf on distance and magnetism plz. Or
i just need to git gud so plz understand

I tried Krith’s Left Hand for the first time, I had 15 so why not. Really don’t like it, it cost the same amount of req points as a Nornfang, but it seems weaker at longer ranges because of the burst fire. Maybe it’s supposed to be used at medium-long range.

Strider

How would you guys feel about a Warzone mode that took out the AI and instead had a larger player count. 24 v 24 or something...

Call it Warzone Strongholds.

E92 M3

That's not true though. If an AR user gets the drop on someone at mid range and they miss a shot with the pistol they're fucked. It's literally a spray and pray weapon which takes absolutely no skill and is capable at mid range.

It's not a game changer but a great for beginners to do some damage - and that's ok. It will not change tournaments. Yeah it's strong, but that's okay. Halo 5 is already a very difficult game for people to get into.

Trup1aya

The AR is far too powerful for how easy it is to use.

At lower levels of play, yeah it may be powerful compared to its ease of use... But those folks just want to have fun... They don't neccisarily want to git gut, and shouldn't have to in order to deal SOME damage.

At high levels of play, it's nearly useless in a 1on1. And you certainly won't pull off a reversal with it.

Nerfing it will only serve to make the game less fun for casual players, and have no impact on folks who take the game more seriously. It's a net loss for the sand box.

A skilled player isn't going to fall to a player silly enough to try to use an AR at mid range on a fully shielded opponent. It's just not gonna happen...

How would you guys feel about a Warzone mode that took out the AI and instead had a larger player count. 24 v 24 or something...

Call it Warzone Strongholds.

Do you want to constantly die?

:p

We would need 3 large "lanes". Good spawn placement that helps drive spartans to each lane so we dont get 20 v 5 in one lane.jk

Or just plenty of hot spots that need attention so ppl dont get teamshot in 1 second constantly. Think of 24 spartans aiming their br at the door when defending.... Or 42 gernades blowing up......

Do you wanna die?

I actually agree that the AR is a tiny bit OP.

In past games, when my shields were down, I could take a few more hits before my demise.

In Halo 5, once your shields are down against an AR user, you're fucked. I feel like I'm falling after taking two shots unshielded.

Screenshot-Original.png

its nice to wear some legit halo armor for once :p

E92 M3

At lower levels of play, yeah it may be powerful compared to its ease of use... But those folks just want to have fun... They don't neccisarily want to git gut, and shouldn't have to in order to deal SOME damage.

At high levels of play, it's nearly useless in a 1on1. And you certainly won't pull off a reversal with it.

Nerfing it will only serve to make the game less fun for casual players, and have no impact on folks who take the game more seriously. It's a net loss for the sand box.

A skilled player isn't going to fall to a player silly enough to try to use an AR at mid range on a fully shielded opponent. It's just not gonna happen...

Exactly, the sandbox needs to hold up at the highest levels and it seems like it does (everyone is generally happy). From there, some weapons need to be easier than others for the sake of beginners. Halo is a very complicated shooter and 343 accomplished something Bungie could never do which is make a perfect (as good as they get) sandbox.

Props to 343 for that and I don't say it lightly. As someone who has been playing shooters most of my gaming career, I could safely say Halo 5 is among the most balanced. Of course we could all nitpick.

E92 M3

Gaming career? Are you a pro?

You should stream for us :p

I meant that in terms of how I have been playing since 6 years old lol. Secondly, as I mentioned earlier, streaming would just give me performance anxiety. I start thinking too much if people watch me and that leads me to make mistakes.

I meant that in terms of how I have been playing since 6 years old lol. Secondly, as I mentioned earlier, streaming would just give me performance anxiety. I start thinking too much if people watch me and that leads me to make mistakes.

But were always watching.... You

>=D

That describes it for me. I love the hugeness of normal Warzone, but the bosses are so RNG. You can't use tactics or block people off when I can just do this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Glass Dallas/video/13261188
The other team could have been 12 Warzone pro's using the most advanced tactics known to man, but they couldn't have stopped me there. It's not fun.

That sound's pretty good actually. 100 points for most damage dealt, 50 points for whoever finishes the boss off.

Yep, investment vs reward ratio. Your exact scenario is where partial rewards work better than outright rewards. You get points for being aware of the boss meter being low but the guy who's been there chipping away for 2-3 minutes gets his for the team too. It's more balance for how much work was done IMO.

Further there is still smaller bosses and rewards for the outright rewards.

The weapons are balanced.

Storm rifle needs a slight nerf. Maybe boost its projectile speed to compensate, but its damage is ridiculous.

Ehh...

Storm rifle is op, AR could do with a nerf, pistol could do with a slight buff.

AR is in a great place right now, and nerfing it would only hurt it. The pistol absolutely needs a nerf, however; bringing down the fire rate or magazine size, for instance.

If an AR user got the drop on someone, they deserve that kill; it's not a super strong weapon, but if someone's getting ambushed that easily, they should be punished for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom