• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can really tell the campaign mission inspiration, nicely done.

Is it wrong I want you to add those campaign animated, appearing and disappearing teleporter platforms?

Maybe on another map I can do that, not sure how it'd fit here though.

One detail i want to snag are these Terminal things. Need to find the right pieces.

VHCCBZj.png

j1dJH5p.png

I'm actually trying to work this entire area into the map somehow to replace one of the boring hallways.

One detail i want to snag are these Terminal things. Need to find the right pieces.

I'm actually trying to work this entire area into the map somehow to replace one of the boring hallways.

I just saw your video Zoba, nice work your map looks pretty good

clav

It's my least favorite WZ map (looks nice though). Too much revolves around monument, whatever team has that pretty much will win the game and it's incredibly hard to take back unless the other team is completely brain dead. It also doesn't help that most of the AI bosses spawn around monument. All Noctus turns into is br/dmr spam until people get snipers too.

Shit tier design.

Even Halo 1 had better designed maps than this, and that was the first game in the series.

It's like people who played Call of Duty designed these maps. Just add in those rewards for UAVs and what not, and you probably couldn't differentiate.

My bad, I was thinking of the cutscenes where Osiris and Blue teams race through the teleporters, way earlier in the game.

I like the top image aesthetic from your screenshots. Maybe a forerunner enclosed room with an automatic door?

Messy ha, that's one of the nicer looking Forge maps I've seen in H5. Great job so far. Only thing that looks bad really is the ground textures but Forge gonna Forge nothing to be done about that, especially when building a natural map.

Thanks, yea it looks nice because terrain actually has textures, but then it's difficult to make it smooth. Don't want to worry about that yet though until the pathing is complete.

Mix

on the topic of customization options, has 343 discussed at all why they refuse to make Chief's current armor an option for multiplayer? It's easily my favorite suite in the whole game and it's also the only one of all the characters in the game that you can't wear in multi...

I think I'm in the #2 spartan company, can't wait for dat achillies helmet. I don't think we will make it at launch (lv 3 assassinations etc).

Also hcs rostermania, has me like wat.jpg.

on the topic of customization options, has 343 discussed at all why they refuse to make Chief's current armor an option for multiplayer? It's easily my favorite suite in the whole game and it's also the only one of all the characters in the game that you can't wear in multi...

They should add the Chief armor on one of the monthly updates but the armor was also missing on Halo 4 so maybe they won't do it :(, in the meantime I would also like to see the return of the sage color

Trup1aya

PR will spin anything to make it sound good.

Even with the drop off in popularity, on a moderately selling console, halo5 is the best selling exclusive.

Exclusives in general aren't the big sellers they once were. Other 1st parties would love to have a game do H5 numbers...

It's my least favorite WZ map (looks nice though). Too much revolves around monument, whatever team has that pretty much will win the game and it's incredibly hard to take back unless the other team is completely brain dead. It also doesn't help that most of the AI bosses spawn around monument. All Noctus turns into is br/dmr spam until people get snipers too.

I keep hearing this, but I have never found it to be true. Noctus is actually my favorite Warzone map because all bases are easily accessible from either home-base.

I've won matches where my team didn't try to capture monument at all, we just held on to both garages, which gave us easy access to nearly every boss and keep the enemy all spawning like fish in a barrel.

im_dany

Playing forge remakes reminded me that we need Halo CE maps on BTB.
If I could play some Death Island, Danger Canyon and Sidewinder in an Halo 5 playlist that would be great. Halo CE had the best maps for big teams action.

BraXzy

I still can't believe how much drama has gone down recently in the pro scene, and there's probably still loads more yet to come.

I barely followed any of it until recently, boy did I pick a time to sign up.

Welfare

I still can't believe how much drama has gone down recently in the pro scene, and there's probably still loads more yet to come.

I barely followed any of it until recently, boy did I pick a time to sign up.

Roster locks needed to be a thing before the HCS even started. These pro's are way too accustomed to the old MLG/AGL mentality that you can switch willy-nilly.

Trup1aya

Roster locks needed to be a thing before the HCS even started. These pro's are way too accustomed to the old MLG/AGL mentality that you can switch willy-nilly.

Honestly, the drama probably helps the scene... It creates story lines and fosters discussion.

Anyway, is it me, or did they already increase the garbage collection time in Warzone...

I died, and casually ran back to my X and found my whiplash still sitting there.

I suck so much, and watching these pros on twitch is the perfect illustration.

Watching commonly's stream just now, someone comes sliding in to get the touch on a flag, he no scopes him somehow as he slides in... amazing play, it was no accident but that has to be a bit of a fluke.

Glass

Anyway, is it me, or did they already increase the garbage collection time in Warzone...

I died, and casually ran back to my X and found my whiplash still sitting there.

For me it seems random. Since sometimes my weapon is still there, so every time I'll run back, just in case. Most cases it's gone though.

Trup1aya

For me it seems random. Since sometimes my weapon is still there, so every time I'll run back, just in case. Most cases it's gone though.

You're right... I spawned a norfang, died immediately, and it was gone when I got back. My body and grenades were still there though, so maybe someone picked it up.

I'd assume someone picked it up.

Noctus works really well in my experience: it's open, but it gives you far more options for getting around than a map like ARC (the weakest Warzone map for me, needs more routes), where three bases capped = death sentence, except in extremely rare cases.

Also don't really get the COD comparisons, given that series's penchant for ultra-CQC maze maps.

Fuchsdh

They did offer a reason why it was campaign-only in Halo 4. The same reasoning might apply to 5. Can't find the article though (think it was a Halowaypoint update...)

I'm wondering what breakout variant they are going to shovel down our throat next time.

Yes not matter whatever variant, breakout should not be in the main playlist.

Fuchsdh

I go through my armor so much; I change it every time I play. I just can’t find what I’m looking for. Every time I try to mix helms and armor it just looks funny. Either the helm is too small or it just looks out of place, so I end up just using the matching helm/armor set. I decided just to do something basic and simple, recruit, but the Charred version because the skulls and flame are neat. It reminds me of Emile, which would be a pretty cool set. I mean we have Noble, so why can’t we have this!

That's actually looking really good so far.

The skull and red colors also make the armor really reminiscent of Dutch from ODST.

Open your eyes and look at the armor from campaign.

dont make jokes about my eyes because im Asian, how rude.

This is what i have:

96dae1fc-9a8d-4b22-83d7-e456832a1875

ab281eaf-ccd8-4226-8af2-981f5cd1a288

d5b3823b-6151-4dc9-8ef4-f826fa433009

1e5da19d-271b-4df1-80f6-5d934852518c

WAIT i stand corrected. I unlocked this by playing the MCC. heh... Ice always correcting me, geez :p

HOW TO UNLOCK: Earn the “Cairo Stations” Achievement in MCC (Unlocks Helmet & Armor)

Halo 5 campaign:

Well i now stand with the people who want the campaign armor avail from the get-go. LET US HAVE ITT!!! .. reviewing the unlockables.. the armor is nowhere to be found. Wow...

IHaveIce

Banned
dont make jokes about my eyes because im Asian, how rude.

This is what i have:

WAIT i stand corrected. I unlocked this by playing the MCC. heh... Ice always correcting me, geez :p

Halo 5 campaign:

Well i now stand with the people who want the campaign armor avail from the get-go. LET US HAVE ITT!!! .. reviewing the unlockables.. the armor is nowhere to be found. Wow...
:D

Yeah the real campaign armor is not included, there is even another Mark 6 under the Ultra Rares... it is again not the campaign armor

Yeah the real campaign armor is not included, there is even another Mark 6 under the Ultra Rares... it is again not the campaign armor

Ah man, this totally was something i expected to be in the game. Just beacuse the other armors were included you know? haha, wow im a bit shocked right now!

Was this discussed when the game first came out?

Fotos

They should make it the reward for hitting max level. Reach had that cool haunted armor and Halo 4 had nothing for hitting max.

Caja 117

I want some REQ Packs item so bad that I actually started playing warzone, I'm looking for some nice stances, The Halo Wars armor and the Classic RL, I'm hopping for the RNG to be kind with me.

Leyasu

Banned
I'm rocking the deadeye helmet and a new armor that I unlocked yesterday but can't remember the name of.. Lol

Deadeye helmet is the best in the game imo

I want some REQ Packs item so bad that I actually started playing warzone, I'm looking for some nice stances, The Halo Wars armor and the Classic RL, I'm hopping for the RNG to be kind with me.

If you're hopping for the RNG's kindness, then you'll be disappointed. It only accepts blood sacrifices :3

I'm rocking the deadeye helmet and a new armor that I unlocked yesterday but can't remember the name of.. Lol

Deadeye helmet is the best in the game imo

NAH MAN - This one is ...

15f35b5c-5915-40a7-9f2c-913fa8f6f6f2

I like the white accents that always show regardless if im on blue or red team.

w/ my Midnight Visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom