• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
They translated the terrible gameplay 1:1

It's a well built map but the power weapons and vehicle abuse seems so lazy and ill-conceived.

Yeah... that's a shame i was hoping they'd fix those issues. HATED Longbow with a passion because of the ease of which a team could completely control the map in a much more dominant way than any other.

mcrommert

Banned
Lets wait on giving definitive statements on map quality till we have played with the maps people spent hundreds of hours on for more than 5 minutes

K?

matthieuC

Lets wait on giving definitive statements on map quality till we have played with the maps people spent hundreds of hours on for more than 5 minutes

K?
You could spend a million hours making a map, yet that doesn't mean it'll be good. You can usually tell if a map is good by the second or even first game on it.

Why is this update so big? Surely the addition of another Forge pallet couldn't be the only reason.

For whatever reason, this is taking forever to download.

Not really feeling BR starts for Slayer. Slayer you don't have to move, while for CTF and Stronghold you half to.

I honestly can't believe they went with BR starts. With how good the pistol is AR/Pistol starts would have been just fine if they put a decent amount of BR's around the map on quick spawns forcing players to move out of cover into areas to capture/fight for them. Hopefully they'll address this.

Not really feeling BR starts for Slayer. Slayer you don't have to move, while for CTF and Stronghold you half to.

Yeah, watching SSICK just spawn, point and shoot is pretty disappointing.

Then again, being on the losing team when you only have pistols and the enemy team has picked up midrange weapons is miserable, so it's a decent trade-off. We should play some pistol-start customs and see how much we like that.

Edit: Haha. Start of the match on Recurve: "What is this garbage-looking map? Oh, it's Halo 4?"

BraXzy

First complaint about BTB, Req point rewards aren't really great. The game time is usually somewhere between regular Slayer and a Warzone match so the rewards should match that. Roughly 1400 or something instead of the 800 I just got :/

Caja 117

Really 343?!!!! You should have told me about BTB coming out today before hand so I can have my xbox connected and DL the 6GB, is all your fault 343... Im selling this game today, obliviously 343 dont know what they are doing, Halo is Dad
NOT!!

Can wait to get on tonight, want to try BTB and see how does it handles.

mcrommert

Banned
Really 343?!!!! You should have told me about BTB coming out today before hand so I can have my xbox connected and DL the 6GB, is all your fault 343... Im selling this game today, obliviously 343 dont know what they are doing, Halo is Dad
NOT!!

Can wait to get on tonight, want to try BTB and see how does it handles.

Almost perfect...you needed some off topic praise for bungie and ranting about sprint and it would have been 10/10

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Basin is in no way, shape or form anywhere near worth mentioning in the same breath as Valhalla.

Why does it have Rocket Hogs instead of normal Warthogs? Serious, the fuck is up with that?

Initial BTB Impressions

All these BTB maps feels artificially constrained and small, and tight. Feels like there's no room at all for proper vehicle interplay, it's all blind corners and very short strips or driveable spaces. Vehicles are essentially death traps against any team with a single smart thinking player on their team. Warthogs in particular respond very poorly with larger turning spaces needed and small bumps and snags on the terrain causing slowdown or destabilization.

BTB is supposed to allow the greater number of players balance out vehicles, but here you can get wiped at any time by one or two determined players instantly because all of the levels are closed boxes that lack of any true vehicular freedom.

I am impressed by the build quality of the maps - they are all top notch quality. The gameplay experiences layered on top however, are just... it's not what I have come to expect and love from a BTB experience.

Gonna play more and give the maps a few days to sink in and then review my thoughts.

matthieuC

Basin is in no way, shape or form anywhere near worth mentioning in the same breath as Valhalla.

Why does it have Rocket Hogs instead of normal Warthogs? Serious, the fuck is up with that?

Initial BTB Impressions

All these BTB maps feels artificially constrained and small, and tight. Feels like there's no room at all for proper vehicle interplay, it's all blind corners and very short strips or driveable spaces. Vehicles are essentially death traps against any team with a single smart thinking player on their team. Warthogs in particular respond very poorly with larger turning spaces needed and small bumps and snags on the terrain causing slowdown or destabilization.

BTB is supposed to allow the greater number of players balance out vehicles, but here you can get wiped at any time by one or two determined players instantly because all of the levels are closed boxes that lack of any true vehicular freedom.

I am impressed by the build quality of the maps - they are all top notch quality. The gameplay experiences layered on top however, are just... it's not what I have come to expect and love from a BTB experience.

Gonna play more and give the maps a few days to sink in and then review my thoughts.

That's disappointing.

Basin looked so good from the pictures, and wow at the rocket hogs. Rocket Hogs are terrible.

Caja 117

So, BTB is Join in Progress? I think is a good decision, however, How is the ranking dynamics working for this playlist? I mean, if Im put in an lost cause game, will that count towards my Rank? will quitting have some sort of penalty for a Joined in progress player?

Sorry if this was explained, but Im curious to see how this is handled.

Strider

Lol it's funny to me you spawn in with AR in hand instead of BR as if you won't instantly switch

Also rethinking my thought on BR starts... Standoff is just awful with BR starts

Like all BTB games in halo the mode becomes a ton more fun when you know where all the weapons spawn, and I don't mean sniper and rockets but things like plasma pistols and hydras, both very useful, more so then in normal 4 v 4.

I really dislike how quick you die to a BR though, might just be server ping but I find that i'm always being 4 shot no questions asked, do bullets home in on my dome or something :(

If this was Halo 3 BR, ı can deal with BR starts but if you have very accurate weapons like Halo 4-5 BR-DMR , game feels so annoying because there are always kampy people standing behing a cover and spraying with his BR/DMR.. How can not you see that 343 after Halo 4 garbage..

Ooh, Promethean grenades are in the Basin bases and they have an overcharge effect. Never really noticed that.

How do you switch seats in vehicles?

Are my friend and I crazy or did this update add fog to Breakout maps?!

We just played on Trench and there was a misty fog all over the ground. We've played Breakout religiously since launch and we've never noticed this before.

Why is the update downloading so slowly? It's downloading at a fraction of my total speed. Did a speed test on my PC and it's normal. But the update fails to download at more then 7Mbps. Usually in the Kbps. This is going to take ages.

ThankeeSai

Downloaded the update and now I can't get into any games for some reason.

Load up game get error message - "We were unable to get your latest saved data. Try again or use this game or app offline"

I press Try Again and it just brings up the same error message. I press Use Offline, then get another error message saying "Attention, there was an error with the Xbox Live Party Service. Please try again"

Anyone had the same issue or know how to fix it?

Downloaded the update and now I can't get into any games for some reason.

Load up game get error message - "We were unable to get your latest saved data. Try again or use this game or app offline"

I press Try Again and it just brings up the same error message. I press Use Offline, then get another error message saying "Attention, there was an error with the Xbox Live Party Service. Please try again"

Anyone had the same issue or know how to fix it?

I had the same issue. Hard reset fixed it.

Like all BTB games in halo the mode becomes a ton more fun when you know where all the weapons spawn, and I don't mean sniper and rockets but things like plasma pistols and hydras, both very useful, more so then in normal 4 v 4.

I really dislike how quick you die to a BR though, might just be server ping but I find that i'm always being 4 shot no questions asked, do bullets home in on my dome or something :(

Yeah.

Gamertags starting with "D" have increased head-hitboxes.

Are my friend and I crazy or did this update add fog to Breakout maps?!

We just played on Trench and there was a misty fog all over the ground. We've played Breakout religiously since launch and we've never noticed this before.

Space Fog confirmed. Someone please update the Halo Lore database plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom