• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryM

Well thanks 343 for dumping a 6gb patch right in peak gaming time in the uk. Guess no halo for me tonight. A little heads up would be nice.

JackHerer

The maps are really hideous and generally not great. I spawned in to the Valhalla esque map only to get spawn killed by a guy with an incineration cannon hiding right next to the base... 3 times in a row.

Caja 117

4 maps seems alright right now, Halo 3 shipped with 2 legit BTB maps (Valhala and Sandtrap) while you had Maps like Last Resort and High grounds that played good for BTB but where lacking on the vehicle battle, they were more about BR and Snipers, etc..

jet1911

So my wife showed up with this. :eek:

imageu5sab.jpeg

Now I just need to find the perfect setup.

16BitNova

Holy Shit. This is what Halo needed. I think I'm having the most fun since launch with BTB.
Only thing is. Where is my 1 flag CTF on Guillotine? ?

Jinaar

Well thanks 343 for dumping a 6gb patch right in peak gaming time in the uk. Guess no halo for me tonight. A little heads up would be nice.
What were you thinking, 343?!?!?!? You should have consulted MysteryM first and foremost. Sheesh! Always dropping the ball, 343.

Make BTB social 343. People don't go into BTB to be tryhards, they go in to have a fun, more vehicular, bigger experience. Not counting every map being a underwhelming forge remake, plus JIP...

Make BTB social 343. People don't go into BTB to be tryhards, they go in to have a fun, more vehicular, bigger experience. Not counting every map being a underwhelming forge remake, plus JIP...

Stop caring about your stats then? Social would be ranked without showing your stats. just close your eyes!

What is your GT to confirm you played?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I finally feel like the mechanics are starting to click for me. Yesterday I powered through Team Arena from Gold 5 up to Platinum 1. Feels good.

Also, no one told me that the Bolt Shot specials were as good as they are. Tore up some folks in Warzone Assualt with them yesterday. The bullets home in a lot better than Needles do as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know if there's a way for me to update the game remotely? The system's on Instant On, but messing around with Smart Glass and on Xbox.com hasn't gotten me anywhere. Would love to be able to update while I'm at work so I can play as soon as I get home.

Stop caring about your stats then? Social would be ranked without showing your stats. just close your eyes!

What is your GT to confirm you played?

Seriously? Ok ill ignore my stats go into BTB and get shit on constantly by to8's with gamesager considering ill get placed in onyx most likely.

Any in-game shots of Headlong remake?

Going to be so damn hard playing it picturing this in my mind...

imagine what 343i could have done with the new Halo 5 stuff...

that was remade for halo 4? *edit* wait that's reach, right?

see, this is where i'd be happy for them to make a throwback map pack and port some older maps directly to 5, maybe with a few tiny tweaks to help with clamber and stuff.

Just played in a game where two guys were betraying each other for the rocket launcher. They had an arguement over it. They kept calling each other scrubs all game long. I missed you, BTB.

Pez

Look forward to trying these out later.

I feel like 343 is missing the point of a map editor if players can't create maps that look great. These look...terrible.

I feel like impressive looking user created content is what interests people in the content. When it's obvious it looks like an unfinished map from a visual standpoint, it's easy to not care or be unimpressed. =/

that was remade for halo 4? *edit* wait that's reach, right?

see, this is where i'd be happy for them to make a throwback map pack and port some older maps directly to 5, maybe with a few tiny tweaks to help with clamber and stuff.

Same! Hell, imagine what they could do to some of them... i'd honestly take all remakes if there weren't 1:1 but more "inspirations"... like take Battle/Beaver Creek and put it as some subterranean research facility with 'hot lava' river... or Ivory Tower made of more outdoor natural features paired with Forerunner stuff or whatever... Halo's had some of the best map design... i'd be completely happy with a ton of complete remake/inspired-by's.

These super ugly Forge re-works... well, they just feel 'meh'.

Yup.. Breakneck (epic name as well)
CE:AE / Reach Anniversary map packs i believe... never played it myself but looks amazing if you YouTube it!
it's kinda ugly but fun as hell to play

need 1 more

That's what i figured. It will server us until "real" maps are made hopefully.

witness

Hyped to get home and try BTB. I also got a message with a code for a promotional req pack with the Raikou armor (whatever that is). Think I got it for preordering.

Madness

The story of Osiris actually begins with Fireteam Majestic, because in a nearby parallel universe,they are the stars of Halo 5. When I was first talking to Frank O’Connor about joining 343, he made it clear there was a desire to expand the Halo Universe’s character roster in games. 

And therein lies the reason Fireteam Osiris is prominent in Halo 5. They saw a chance at breaking the stranglehold that Chief has with fans of the series because more characters means different stories, more novels, more toys, more comics.

But in my opinion they completely failed. The entire story and level structure was a mess. At first I didn't agree with IGN and the ads lied to you narrative, but taken as a whole, what a bait and switch. Game played nothing like a single commercial, nothing like what was promised, and when Shinobi broke the news it would be like metal gear where you play as Raiden we were assured it would still be about Chief. But it was about Chief as little as possible. His name just thrown in there from time to time, the 'end goal'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom