• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to withhold final judgment until I've played it but I don't understand why they went for BR starts, the sandbox is so well balanced around the magnum that I don't think it's needed at all.

I just want to go on killing frenzies using warthog turrets on Headlong and the Blood Gulch-inspired map. :(

Edit:

60 inch here and IQ is awesome, If I didn't know it was dynamic I would think its 1080p constant.

I'm on a 50 inch TV and the campaign looks great, I didn't notice it at all. It's only really noticeable in Warzone when there's a bunch of vehicles and 24 players in play for me. Depending on how sensitive you are to AF the texture filtering might be annoying though -- it's one of those things I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out to me but it varies from person to person obviously.

mcrommert

Banned
I'm going to withhold final judgment until I've played it but I don't understand why they went for BR starts, the sandbox is so well balanced around the magnum that I don't think it's needed at all.

I just want to go on killing frenzies using warthog turrets on Headlong and the Blood Gulch-inspired map. :(

Distances...br is better at a longer range...seems fine to me

rrc1594

I played 1 game of BTB CTF on Recurve

-Recurve is good map a ugly one but I like it so far

-I realize the reason I don't like Warzone that much is the maps are to big and this was perfect size. In Warzone I hardly feel I'm in a Warzone TBH

-BR starts seems fine on CTF, don't know how I feel for Slayer yet

-CTF was fun to play. Doing hide and seek looking for the flag holder

RdN

Frank said they're still tuning that stuff for all regions.

Damn... Since launch I've been able to play only 4 Warzone matches. Arena only founds games in Team Slayer. I suspect Big Team Battle will also be unplayable.

I wish they'd work faster on this... It's been 3 weeks, and it's not only Australia. :(

matthieuC

The concern is that it might be a little too good to spawn with on big maps. Warzone is one thing, because... it's Warzone, but BTB might be better served keeping it AR/Pistol starts.
Yeah we aren't talking about a Halo 3 type BR here. The Halo 5 BR is very accurate, and I want to say that it's also hitscan but I'm not positive.

Sigh. This was downloading fast till it got to 80%, and now it's slowed down to a crawl. Was really hoping to get a match in before I went off to work.

Basin 3 times in a row now, for pure team DM this map sucks with the weapon layout, but it's a nice map for objectives so far.

With how easy it is to over aim in this game trying to stop a sniper with the BR at range is near impossible.

BraXzy

THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

Holy crap. Such a close match. Overtime hit since we were tying, they were swarming our base, we managed to push them out and me and one other guy managed to sneak to their base with a Hog. Ran the flag back, managed to run into their entire team. Hog on fire, getting as far as we can. Blow up in front of our base. We couldn't quite get it in but hot damn that was insanely fun.

THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

Holy crap. Such a close match. Overtime hit since we were tying, they were swarming our base, we managed to push them out and me and one other guy managed to sneak to their base with a Hog. Ran the flag back, managed to run into their entire team. Hog on fire, getting as far as we can. Blow up in front of our base. We couldn't quite get it in but hot damn that was insanely fun.

Can't wait to jump in for some CTF tonight.

beat the campaign.

I really liked it, the second half picks up a lot.

Warden fight at the end was a super bummer but the incin. cannon placement helped with that a good deal.

obviously its not as easy to get invested in these characters as the older ones, but I don't think they're Padme from star wars bad or anything, looking forward to seeing them get fleshed out.

Anyone know what Halo Wars 2 is gonna cover yet? is it a prequel or is it going to maybe cover some of (spoilers for ending)
the AI revolt
??

lol squaddie AI

Don't do this Wes, you've had fairly good opinions for so long now.

7bc052f981484a510cd0220d19baa7fd7f0e42cc8e5433cb65af2914cf246c08_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom