• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Can anyone confirm/deny the new Req stuff is actually in the game? Not showing in Collection so I'm holding off on getting packs.

Why is the update downloading so slowly? It showed signs of life earlier by downloading at 34Mbps, but quickly dropped off of a cliff. My connection as of right now:

4843689967.png

So why is it that the update is struggling to get past 1Mbps. It's going to take forever, it's only downloaded just about 2GB after about an hour of downloading. Should have been done ages ago :(.

Montresor

Up to mission 9 and so far there have been a bunch of gigantic battlegrounds, aka playgrounds with big battles like with Tsavo Highway from Halo 3.

I'm really enjoying Halo 5 so far.

I liked Halo 4 but I felt like that was mostly because of a) the incredible Cortana plotline and b) the wonderful art style and visuals. The game play and level design was a little bit below regular Halo games... Not so with Halo 5. It has great gunplay AND level design to go with the art style and story.

Curious how 4btb maps and skins can eat up 6.2 gigs of HDD...

I suspect its not just maps but an early version of Forge itself (and all the forge pieces) is in there - only not exposed to us yet.

First complaint about BTB, Req point rewards aren't really great. The game time is usually somewhere between regular Slayer and a Warzone match so the rewards should match that. Roughly 1400 or something instead of the 800 I just got :/

BR starts?

Lol, getting in hog gunners is literal death trap

See, now I'm wishing that they could sub in one of the uparmored Hog variants just to even things out. Small arms have been too effective against vehicles for a while now.

Agreed. I was never really a fan of BR starts tbh. AR and magnum are great in H5 — With the lower TTK and focus fire from up to 8 people all having BRs this could hurt the incentive to use vehicles.

Can anyone confirm/deny the new Req stuff is actually in the game? Not showing in Collection so I'm holding off on getting packs.
Its not yet — gutted that i had been saving points to buy packs after the update came out. I opened a few and didn't see anything "new" and then read this in the patch notes.

The following new REQs are included with the Battle of Shadow and Light update – as a note, it may take some time for these REQs to populate through the REQ System, as they’ll be rolling out over time.

welp

Why is the update downloading so slowly? It showed signs of life earlier by downloading at 34Mbps, but quickly dropped off of a cliff. My connection as of right now:

4843689967.png

So why is it that the update is struggling to get past 1Mbps. It's going to take forever, it's only downloaded just about 2GB after about an hour of downloading. Should have been done ages ago :(.

Hard reset fixed my DL issues

link1201

So why don't medals show up at the post game screen? Did I miss something?
I don't believe they ever said they would with this update. There was an issue with that stat page not showing up at all that supposedly got addressed with this update and waypoint should get an update to show medals in a better manner but that is it as far as I know.

jem0208

The BTB maps seem pretty great to me so far, haven't played on Basin yet but the other 3 seem to play pretty well.

They also look really good. They're obviously forge maps but they're far, far better than any forge maps we've had before. The bases in Basin look awesome.

shoreu

Same! Hell, imagine what they could do to some of them... i'd honestly take all remakes if there weren't 1:1 but more "inspirations"... like take Battle/Beaver Creek and put it as some subterranean research facility with 'hot lava' river... or Ivory Tower made of more outdoor natural features paired with Forerunner stuff or whatever... Halo's had some of the best map design... i'd be completely happy with a ton of complete remake/inspired-by's.

These super ugly Forge re-works... well, they just feel 'meh'.

Yup.. Breakneck (epic name as well)
CE:AE / Reach Anniversary map packs i believe... never played it myself but looks amazing if you YouTube it!

That's what i figured. It will server us until "real" maps are made hopefully.

Strongholds is not good on any of these maps it's almost worse than Control in Destiny. The spawning is off and you have to suicide rush points to take them it's not fun in the least I'd rather play Extraction.

Thanks for some images!
Throw big images in quotes if you want the thumbnail them.. in case you didn't know. :)

Damn those look horrid to be completely honest...

compared to...

Yes, i realize i'm "comparing" developer made and Forge maps... but my point is which would you rather play... and do we really want all these Forge maps when we have so little unique developer made maps?

I don't believe they ever said they would with this update. There was an issue with that stat page not showing up at all that supposedly got addressed with this update and waypoint should get an update to show medals in a better manner but that is it as far as I know.

I just don't get why medals were ever not included, not this update in particular.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm getting a "we couldn't retrieve your latest save data" error message when I try to play Halo 5, and it's also saying the Xbox Live party service is down when I try to play Arena. Anyone else having issues with Live?

Those screenshots are embarrassing. I can't believe 343i would prioritize Warzone above proper BTB maps. Well I can believe it but I just don't like it.

link1201

November's update seems pretty solid. I hope Decembers' is just as robust if not more. I would love to see some new non-forge maps soon.

Jesus, I won't be able to have fun in BTB will I? I'll be too distracted by everyone complaining about how ugly the maps are. Goddamnit. Fucking ugly Forge fucking maps fuck. I'm depressed already.

And you know we're just gonna get more full art Warzone maps to push REQs instead of BTB maps we can be excited about.

Looking forward to Halo 6!

Jesus, I won't be able to have fun in BTB will I? I'll be too distracted by everyone complaining about how ugly the maps are. Goddamnit. Fucking ugly Forge fucking maps fuck. I'm depressed already.

And you know we're just gonna get more full art Warzone maps to push REQs instead of BTB maps we can be excited about.

Can't tell if sarcasm...

mcrommert

Banned

10/10

I think the BTB maps look pretty good. They're unmistakably forge maps, but they're really good looking forge maps.

I agree! I'm glad they stepped away from those god-awful Halo Reach forge pieces they've been using for years now. Everything has so much more character now, I love the bases on Basin, they look great with decals and all.

BraXzy

The forge maps aren't too bad in motion. Of course gorgeous, dev made maps will always be preferred but I'm happy with these. They show off just how great Forge is going to be, if you look past the less pretty aesthetics, the gameplay seems good and from initial matches they play and flow well. Time will tell though.

Some parts of the maps do look great though. The snow map might be the best looking and most Dev like.

Not a big fan of Strongholds on BTB, had 0 fun on those matches personally. Early days though and all that.

BraXzy

November's update seems pretty solid. I hope Decembers' is just as robust if not more. I would love to see some new non-forge maps soon.

I'm happy with this for less than a month out and our first content drop.

Hoping that a couple more BTB maps and maybe two forge maps for Arena + Req stuff for December.

With a big, dev made bundle of maps in Jan?

Its the same story with every game with 343. Step1, stubbornly do it their way, step2, listen to community complain how this is not good, step3, fix problem in next game. Its unbelievable. Forge maps have always been hit or miss and im my experience, mostly miss. Why would you rely on that for one of the more popular game modes after knowing how inconsistent forge maps are.

Its bloody common sense, and yet, this shit still happens.

RdN

I'm getting a "we couldn't retrieve your latest save data" error message when I try to play Halo 5, and it's also saying the Xbox Live party service is down when I try to play Arena. Anyone else having issues with Live?

It's a known issue with the latest Preview release.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Hard reset your XB1. That should fix it.

I am as well. Gringo also.

It's a known issue with the latest Preview release.

I tried a hard reset and it worked. The first one didn't, but the second hard reset fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion, NoLongerALurker!

Hopefully they fix that in the next OS update soon. Second time it's happened, but this time it didn't fix itself as easily as the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom