• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
You play on 10? That's nuts. Anything I ever learned in fps is slower is usually better. I'm on 3.
Pros don't even go past 5 from what I gather. How can you even control 10 at all?! Anyways, more custum options are coming so crazies like "10 is too slow" guy will be happy(ish)

Every game is different for me. I settled on the default 3 for H5, boosted up to 5 for Destiny. On 360 I always dropped down to 2 for Halo

Can I say how much I despise JiP? It's fine for the people who enjoy it, but it annoys me to end when it puts me in a BTB match when my team is down two flag caps. Did it twice in a row. The first match I got put into my team was being base trapped hard. They ha two snipers, ghosts, warthogs. It was ridiculous. The second match I got put into, the enemy capped the second flag before I could spawn in for the first time.

I wish 343i included an option for Join-in-Progress, because in no instance would I ever want to join a match that has already started. I joined one that had my team at like 0 and the enemies at 55 in Strongholds, almost brought it back.

BTB can be fun when I join a match that hasn't already started and doesn't have the enemy team at a significant lead. I also think the spawns need a lot of tweaking. It sucks spawning right out in the open with no cover around you anywhere and instantly get melted by four or five guys. It spawn killed three times in row a little while ago. Two times I spawned with multiple enemies looking at me, the third time I spawned with a ghost instantly shooting me.

Please 343i, give me the option to disable JiP for BTB.

fPyNXB3.gif

BTB has join in progress?

Does it keep the same lobby of players between matches by default? If it keeps the lobby together then you're only going to ever join an imbalanced match once. If it doesn't, yeah, I guess you could get a string of bad luck, which is lame.

EBE

how can anyone play on anything less than 10?
its sooooo slow. molasses slow. like "this feels broken" slow.

Caja 117

how can anyone play on anything less than 10?
its sooooo slow. molasses slow. like "this feels broken" slow.

To each his own, if I play anything above 3 I cant control my aim, what is the point of having an aim in 10, to quickly turn if you get shot in the back? I feel more now than ever the player shouldnt be turning to try and kill someone tgat have already shot him.

EBE

To each his own, if I play anything above 3 I cant control my aim, what is the point of having an aim in 10, to quickly turn if you get shot in the back? I feel more now than ever the player shouldnt be turning to try and kill someone tgat have already shot him.

occasionally i can do just that--turn around and get a Reversal. im no super player and dont fancy myself a pro for playing at that sensitivity (although i am ranked onyx in free for all, swat, plat for the rest)

i just truly think that sensitivities 1-8 feel broken. i remember booting up Halo 5 for the first time, hopping into campaign, and saying to myself, yo somethings wrong with the sensitivity.i played on sensitivity 4 for all past Halo games, or just one notch above default, but i couldnt do that here.

10 still feels too slow. i dont know what it is. i understand there was an aiming patch? i havent played since yesterday. maybe that will change things for me?

I do think the req points and xp need to be increased for BTB though. Most matches take longer than a typical Arena match yet the req/xp is the same.

Hatchtag

Banned
I do think the req points and xp need to be increased for BTB though. Most matches take longer than a typical Arena match yet the req/xp is the same.

Same with Breakout. Hell, every mode that isn't SWAT needs at least a slight increase, but BTB and Breakout especially.
instead they'll probably just nerf everything that isn't SWAT, and then nerf SWAT a lot.

Don't like the br starts, everyone just takes pot shots from across the map.

Also, I would've been happy to settle for halo 2 anniversary style remakes of old classics, with a few new maps to boot.

I've found that grabbing Shotgun and Active Camo on Deadlock is an easy way to at least a triple kill. For whatever reason I often find 2-4 people sitting on top of a base with power weapons just shooting down at people. Sneak up behind them and you get this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alDLmIenTSQ

Later on I actually ended up getting this nice group of 4 kills, but it happened right as the game ended, so it was far less impressive:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/VoltySquirrel/video/12809628

People say Active Camo is overpowered, and in certain respects it is, but I love it so much that I hope they don't change a thing. I always hated having to constantly be crouched to get any use out of it in some of the later Halo games. The fact that I can move freely with some degree of camo and no radar blips is a godsend.

Also, I would've been happy to settle for halo 2 anniversary style remakes of old classics, with a few new maps to boot.

Well I guarantee you that these aren't going to be the only BTB maps we get, obviously. These were made by community members to show off the new forge. I don't think it'll be too long before we get an original BTB map made by 343. I think their focus was, to a certain extent rightly on Arena and Warzone.

People who say they play on 10 are like Gold-Platinum tier. Lol
Diamond in Slayer. Sens is at 2.

Unrelated: Deadlock is the worst map in Halo 5, bar none. I would rather play Orion than that trash. The BR starts ruin that map on their own, but then there's the lack of cover to make it even worse. Add on the terrible spawns, and you've got yourself one hell of a terrible experience.

Herbs

Banned
Because it causes you to post on forums. I love teabagging people even when I didn't do anything special. Another team-mate got the kill? I'm teabagging you lol.

Definitely. If I wasn't being tea-bagged on a regular basis and getting angry about it, then it wouldn't be Halo.

I played one BTB game last night, it was Capture the Flag.

It was probably the most 'fun' I've had with Halo 5. By fun, I mean pure fun. I love Arena and the intensity of the game with the challenge of ranking up. But BTB and this Halo sandbox? Superb.

I mean, just coming out my base to see the opposing team in a Scorpion Tank at the start of the game is bonkers. And I loved it.

Deception

I love Basin, but one thing the bugs me about all of the Forge maps, especially the ones with rock formations, is the inconsistency with clamber and sometimes taking several jumps just to get the right part to clamber up on. It's kind of annoying.

Edit: Definitely feel the changes in aiming as well, was playing at around 7 before the patch, when I historically would hover at 3-4 in every other Halo, but after the patch I'm now at 5 and it feels just about right. I'm hoping with the more advanced aiming settings 343 is working on that I can adjust the horizontal aiming when scoped in so I can get a more accurate shoot when cross-mapping.

pieface

My problem with the look sensitivity is that when I'm trying to shoot people and get headshots I find I like sensitivity 3 better. But if i'm getting shot from behind on sensitivity 3 it feels like it takes about 3 weeks to turn around, so I then crank it up to 4 or 5.

I just can't seem to settle on something that feels natural.

Anyway, my thoughts on BTB....

YES! It's great to finally have it. I'm yet to play CTF or Assault (if they even have it?) but so far from Slayer and Strongholds i've enjoyed it. I think JiP is essential for BTB, in every game I've played people have quit quite regularly and it would ruin the game without JiP, however, 343, don't punish those who join a game on the loosing team, that's just dumb. I like the fact it's ranked, but if someone joins a losing team and then loses, it shouldn't effect their rank.

I guess my biggest thought is that for me, BTB IS Halo, this is where I've always enjoyed the game most, and I feel there's lots of others who feel the same way. I think it's a bit shitty that it was almost an afterthought for 343, with no developer maps and the delayed release. This should have been a higher priority than Warzone & Breakout imo.

But it is what it is, i'm glad it's finally here, can't wait for some non-forge maps, hope they don't take too long to come.

maximrace

Did you not like Standoff too? I wasn't a fan of Halo 3 but for some reason that map stuck with me and when I saw it in this it was a pleasant moment of "Oh yeah!"
I liked standoff but deadlock is way to small. The great thing about standoff was cruising around with the hog in the hills. Deadlock just results in everyon standing in their bases shooting at each other. Br range is way to big in H5

Herbs

Banned
I liked standoff but deadlock is way to small. The great thing about standoff was cruising around with the hog in the hills. Deadlock just results in everyon standing in their bases shooting at each other. Br range is way to big in H5

I definitely agree on that part in general for the maps. Due to the new movement speed and abilities, the spaces are tighter. Noticed it in the Headlong map remake. Wasn't too hard to get into the central tower now because of jet burst and clamber.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
just played some btb and had some really bad lag. like I died but did not even see a ghost driving o.o

checked my connection but everything is fine.

also why is everyone offline on my friendlist? why do you guys work? go online and play god damnit.

Sordid

Twice now I've used with kill/assist boosts in big team and been chucked into games away to finish so the cards went to waste. I'd be super miffed if I'd paid for them, doesn't seem very well thought out by 343.

The forge maps are ugly as sin too, jeez.

Edit: Spawned into a stronghold game where the enemy team were winning 60-0 and controlled the whole map. That was fun, <3 jip! Score ended 150-2 #reqt

So much quitters in big team as well, seems like jip is making it worse because people are almost encouraged to leave.

I'm having lag for a few games, died and there was nothing around me. Says I was splattered. Then a a couple of seconds after I had died a ghost drives over my corpse....... Ok......

I got quite lucky to sample the maps within about 5-7 games

For whatever reason they feel quite confined - it may just be me but they seem oddly small.

Was never a fan of longbow so I won't comment on recurve other than - I didn't like the original so I didn't expect to like the remake

Basin is a weird one - I don't really like the base in the middle that much but the one game I had on it played fairly well

Headlong remake was fun, but my team of randoms controlled all the power weapons and vehicles so we decimated the other team - I enjoyed it and think it's well put together but need to play more to know if I would enjoy it less in a real match

Standoff is just bizarre - just a hilly mess - wasn't a fan - it's really different from the original but maybe not in a good way

Looking forward to getting more maps In there - im hoping for new developer built maps at some point to supplement the forge remakes

Edit: just wanted to say that in my few games of btb im sure I had some of the worst teammates in the world. There was one moment a ghost whizzed past me and I literally got destroyed by a teammate who was behind me and clearly intent on killing it through me. I can only imagine how difficult it would be being a player in bronze division considering I've had teammates accidentally unload what seems like half a clip into my back - every match would be like ffa lol

Hatchtag

Banned
BTB is really, really good, but I wish it had more maps. The ones it has are great. Really polished, really fun. Feels like they get BTB. But the lack of maps hurts for what is one of the biggest features in Halo. You can feel the lack of resources spent on it compared to arena/warzone, and it's a shame. They need more maps.

I will say CTF is still the most fun of the BTB modes.

i'd throw a shit ton of money at req packs if they ever put in a map with elephants again. that shit was so tight.

Sordid

Players can ping me from miles away with pinpoint accuracy with the BR but in some matches when I shoot back it seems like some of my hits don't register, I'll get tons of assists and just can't finish off kills no matter what. Is it server related? The next game I play will feel completely different and I can kill people fine, it's pretty frustrating.

Akai__

Has 343i explained why sensitivity 10 is so slow?

Nope, but I believe it's broken. As soon as you pick up a Turret (tried it with the Gauss turret) it felt like the real 10 sensitivity, like you were used to in prior Halo games. Halo 5 feels like you need at least 15 sensitivity.

People who say they play on 10 are like Gold-Platinum tier. Lol

There is no correlation between skill and sensitivity. lol

Nope, but I believe it's broken. As soon as you pick up a Turret (tried it with the Gauss turret) it felt like the real 10 sensitivity, like you were used to in prior Halo games. Halo 5 feels like you need at least 15 sensitivity.

I think there is. I'm not "good" enough to aim consistently at ten sensitivity.

I would argue that a player who can control a high sensitivity has an advantage in that he can turn around quicker etc

So a player who can control sensitivity 10 should do better than a player who is just as good but only using sensitivity 3.

In something like snipes a high sensitivy helps a lot - but take what I say with a pinch of salt - I tend to play on maybe just slightly above default - not for an advantage but only because halo 5's default feels extremely sluggish and unresponsive to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom