• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel 343 need to match for example, the Halo Reach set of features and go from there. All this at a later date, no shows, bits and pieces, not great for the flagship studio. Pulling the house down then building it up each time kinda sucks unless it's genuinely needed to take the game to a new level. Hell, the Reach UI wouldn't go a miss as a standard that users fell right at home with and perhaps less work for 343 themselves and more time on content and new features.

I even cut them some slack there, simply because Reach's feature set was insane. It sometimes gets overlooked because of the multiplayer sandbox's divisive status among the community. Not only was the feature set huge (multi, firefight, forge, theater, an actual working file share), but the amount of customization was just as crazy (from special Race HUDs all the way to the crazy gametypes people were able to make from stuff like Headhunter and Territories).

But twice now 343 has opted for shiny polish over a wider feature set and twice now has it yielded very mixed results. I'm not expecting a game like Reach, but at least something with the full suite of modern Halo features should be the standard. Especially since Halo 6 will be on the same hardware and will ne able to share the majority of 5's tech.

Zeta Oni

Really liking the rolling K/D chart on Halotracker, let's me know where I need to improve.

vv3buowl.jpg

Sorry guys I tried and hope to like btb but I just ain't feeling it. Just feels strange, the design of the maps, the extra big and long parts of it. I can;t feel any part of standoff or valhalla in these maps. The shape of the land, the feel of the hills and rocks just feels off. I just can't seem to enjoy them.

The vehilcles aren't fun... the hog and mongoose just feels so strange that I have no feeling in driving it where in all the other halo's I actually wanted to drive here and there.

I feel the btb mode just isn't good and maybe after some time people will start to see that it simply seems very poor in design.. I dunno. It just feels really cheap even the base gameplay just feels wrong.

Not sure what to do at this point, Halo is my favorite MP franchise of all time and this one just isn't good for me. Honestly feel really really sad about it, yeah it's just a game and i should get over it but I really looked forward to get home to play halo when I was growing up, not sure what mp shooter to get into now ...

Sorry guys I tried and hope to like btb but I just ain't feeling it. Just feels strange, the design of the maps, the extra big and long parts of it. I can;t feel any part of standoff or valhalla in these maps. The shape of the land, the feel of the hills and rocks just feels off. I just can't seem to enjoy them.

The vehilcles aren't fun... the hog and mongoose just feels so strange that I have no feeling in driving it where in all the other halo's I actually wanted to drive here and there.

I feel the btb mode just isn't good and maybe after some time people will start to see that it simply seems very poor in design.. I dunno. It just feels really cheap even the base gameplay just feels wrong.

Not sure what to do at this point, Halo is my favorite MP franchise of all time and this one just isn't good for me. Honestly feel really really sad about it, yeah it's just a game and i should get over it but I really looked forward to get home to play halo when I was growing up, not sure what mp shooter to get into now ...

Not sure what game you've been playing but you should check out halo 5.

Not really.

I am sure some gamers would take full advantage of all that content right away but statistics show that the vast majority of people only play a handful of game modes. So releasing new content on a weekly/monthly basis will do a better job of highlighting it and IMO is much more likely to get people to come back for more or at the very least try out the new content. All indications are that Halo 5 will continue to grow and change as more and more people jump on board over the next couple of months. For what its worth Warzone, a new game type, has been a huge success.

As much as I dislike it myself I think this is the truth. There's been an avalanche of good games coming out the past couple of weeks and I'm sure 343i took that into account when designing the post-launch sustain plan. Drip feeding us popular playlists and game modes is a pretty safe strategy for making sure people return.

Not sure what game you've been playing but you should check out halo 5.

Well whatever man, just feel bad about it. Halo 5 just doesn't feel good in so many spots.. Just want to try and find a good MP game I guess. Halo 5 just isn't that good imo, it just feels really strange honestly and these btb maps don;'t change a lot of the core issues in the feeling.

This simply isn't a halo game, I really wish it was but even if 343 tried their best to emulate halo of old i still feel they can't get movement and aiming down to feel like halo anyways. So, this franchise is simply dead to me.

I'm heavily disappointed in 343 an their halo games, I don't really want people to rub it in my face or make me feel any worse. It's like getting the flu on your birthday. just seems terrible in my mind and feeling.

BTB ctf has overtime, had no idea until it just happened in my last match.

Also holding flag = have pistol = doing better then trying to use a BR

link1201

Really anxious to play btb again. The one game I got to play last night has left me wanting more. It was strongholds which I think plays really nice in BTB.

BTB ctf has overtime, had no idea until it just happened in my last match.
Yep. Was in a game last night and there was literally a few seconds on the clock and someone touched our flag and died immediately but locked in the OT. Wasn't expecting that but I'm glad it's there.

BraXzy

Ugh. Going from finding a group with mics and calling out, back to solo queue is horrendous. My experience with this game would be 10 times better if I had a regular group to run with.

Zeta Oni

Well whatever man, just feel bad about it. Halo 5 just doesn't feel good in so many spots.. Just want to try and find a good MP game I guess. Halo 5 just isn't that good imo, it just feels really strange honestly and these btb maps don;'t change a lot of the core issues in the feeling.

This simply isn't a halo game, I really wish it was but even if 343 tried their best to emulate halo of old i still feel they can't get movement and aiming down to feel like halo anyways. So, this franchise is simply dead to me.

I'm heavily disappointed in 343 an their halo games, I don't really want people to rub it in my face or make me feel any worse. It's like getting the flu on your birthday. just seems terrible in my mind and feeling.

Well, I cant fault you for having an opinion. How you feel about the game is fine and dandy. A lot of longtime Halo fans, however, disagree. A lot are saying its the best gameplay wise since CE. And a lot of the people here agree with that.

I hope it was a nice ride while it lasted, but I guess your time with Halo has come to an end.

As is life.

Guess it's just time for you to move on from Halo. At least you have MCC.

matthieuC

I agree with you on the BTB side of things. Doesn't feel right to me either.

Everything else, however, is great. I love warzone and arena.

Not really.

I am sure some gamers would take full advantage of all that content right away but statistics show that the vast majority of people only play a handful of game modes. So releasing new content on a weekly/monthly basis will do a better job of highlighting it and IMO is much more likely to get people to come back for more or at the very least try out the new content. All indications are that Halo 5 will continue to grow and change as more and more people jump on board over the next couple of months. For what its worth Warzone, a new game type, has been a huge success.

To even add, Quinn said in the last Sprint episode, they want to make this the best multiplayer player experience ever and will continue to evolve it. Contnuing to deliver a lot of content monthly. Timestamp highlight - 16:30.

https://youtu.be/kFMOC8cak0k (starts at 16:08)

10/10

Haines

Banned

If your looking for the pinnacle in fps i guess you want csgo, but as far as a console game, halo 5 is incredible mp

link1201

Is it possible to add in the mid-tier Warthog to btb? The Oni one is probably too op but the base Warthog is just too weak. Also it seems like the gunner gets picked off way to easy.

I did enjoy the beta or whatever it was a little bit in destiny but I didn't like what they were doing with the campaign so I never even bought it. Also didn't like the special or super moves or whatevever and didn't buy it. i did feel the actual shooting and hit markers when shooting felt a lot better than halo 5 does though. So, I may eventually try to pick it up but it didn;t thrill me like past halo's did either.

Honestly don't even know what to play since I don't like COD or BF that much. Liked some of the objective modes in BF a little but eh whatever.

I may honestly just hope the new UC is good as that game actually felt more like Halo in map design and power weapons.... more than this halo does actually which just blows my mind

Other than that, I honestly don't know what mp game to get into, mcc is more or less dead and I refuse to go through halo 4 in dubs, Halo 3 lags super bad to me here. At least when I get back to america eventually I hope MCC will work well enough for me.

Just don't see any MP games that I really want to play and learn an that sucks, at least last gen i could somewhat enjoy reach, loved mag and felt it did a lot of great things that kept me coming back until it died as well.

I haven't tried titanfall but I honestly can easily see I won't like it either. Sort of enjoy Star wars but I am a star wars fan, didn't feel the shooting or design was that impressive.

If anyone actually has any suggestions about MP shooters, just send me a pm. For now, I guess I'll go back to damn grabbed by the ghoulies.

I probably could enjoy csgo honestly, but don't have a pc to run it haines.

Wish there would be a really good arena shooter without sprint and shit though. Almost feel a new arena or quake would just make cod maps , sprint and other bs though.

Caja 117

I did enjoy the beta or whatever it was a little bit in destiny but I didn't like what they were doing with the campaign so I never even bought it. Also didn't like the special or super moves or whatevever and didn't buy it. i did feel the actual shooting and hit markers when shooting felt a lot better than halo 5 does though. So, I may eventually try to pick it up but it didn;t thrill me like past halo's did either.

Honestly don't even know what to play since I don't like COD or BF that much. Liked some of the objective modes in BF a little but eh whatever.

I may honestly just hope the new UC is good as that game actually felt more like Halo in map design and power weapons.... more than this halo does actually which just blows my mind

Other than that, I honestly don't know what mp game to get into, mcc is more or less dead and I refuse to go through halo 4 in dubs, Halo 3 lags super bad to me here. At least when I get back to america eventually I hope MCC will work well enough for me.

Just don't see any MP games that I really want to play and learn an that sucks, at least last gen i could somewhat enjoy reach, loved mag and felt it did a lot of great things that kept me coming back until it died as well.

I haven't tried titanfall but I honestly can easily see I won't like it either. Sort of enjoy Star wars but I am a star wars fan, didn't feel the shooting or design was that impressive.

If anyone actually has any suggestions about MP shooters, just send me a pm. For now, I guess I'll go back to damn grabbed by the ghoulies.

I mean, IMO, to this point if Halo 5 didnt click with you, Halo MCC is your go to option, maybe when you return to america those connection problems are gone, best of luck.

Hey all not sure if anyone cares much but the Xbox One now has button mapping. I wanted my controls in Halo 5 to be the same as Destiny so I didn't have to rewire every time I switch between games. If you're interested switch your control scheme to green thumb in the game then switch right stick click with right bumper in the controls. Exact same as Destiny.

Hmmm.

You don't like:

Destiny
Call of Duty
Halo 5
Battlefield
Battlefront
You are pretty sure you won't like Titanfall

What's left?

Counterstrike?
Borderlands 2 (no mp)?
Team Fortress 2?
Splatoon?

Not sure what else is out there right now.

Pistol is good and all, but I do not want to spawn with in BTB. 4v4 plays differently than 8v8.

Pistol starts are great for arena. BTB and BR starts are hand in hand fantastic.

I mean, IMO, to this point if Halo 5 didnt click with you, Halo MCC is your go to option, maybe when you return to america those connection problems are gone, best of luck.

yeah, it's ok. i still enjoy halo mcc for the most part, but it would be nice to have a good new game to be part of a bigger community is all.

This to me feels like halo...gameplay wise, especially now with BTB. Thats good old halo to me. It just doesn't feel like halo aesthetically. Thats my big problem with this game. I feel like im beating a dead horse here but had this game just shipped with the best old halo maps all in one package, i feel like you might be singing a different tune. How a game looks i think is a huge part of how most people are going to feel about it.

Its kinda like what Lucas did with episodes 1-2-3. Yeah theres jedis but most of the stuff didnt really look like star wars, like that droid army in ep1 as an example. And look how people are reacting now with this new movie, they see Han, Chewie and the falcon and hype is through the roof. People want what works plain and simple.

Its real simple to me, people want this game to play and look like halo. It plays amazing to me and is a proper evolution of halo gameplay. So were halfway there. It just doesnt look like halo when you look at most of the MP maps. And that to me, is a huge problem right now. Give me that purple, that halo art style and ill be fucking happy.

Those yellow light turrets suck unless you land a direct hit, their explosion and visual splash is really miss leading.

It's just exploding pee balls. A direct hit will surely kill someone. A little splash though? Nah, they'll just stink a lil.
Maybe get a disease or something

wow

Quake Live is still active and Doom 4 multi player looks decent (and is partly developed by Certain Affinity).

something to look into but I won't get my hopes up

I don't think it's just looks for me though in h5, I just feel tired of the map design for sprint and clamber. I don;'t like how the BR shoots and I haven't had a good game with a good BR since H3.

Reach didn;'t even have a BR, halo 4 was awful, and then this BR dosen't feel right to me either. I think this is a lot of the issues honestly. I like the three burst shot, even though it's "there" it just doesn't feel the same to me.

Pistol is good and all, but I do not want to spawn with in BTB. 4v4 plays differently than 8v8.

Pretty much. The pistol clip just isn't big enough for BTB. I really like the fast-paced gameplay BR starts is bringing. Even though I've been paired up with some crappy teams for the most part I feel like I can go in solo and wreck.

I don't think it's just looks for me though in h5, I just feel tired of the map design for sprint and clamber. I don;'t like how the BR shoots and I haven't had a good game with a good BR since H3.

Reach didn;'t even have a BR, halo 4 was awful, and then this BR dosen't feel right to me either. I think this is a lot of the issues honestly. I like the three burst shot, even though it's "there" it just doesn't feel the same to me.

The BR in H3 is the worst. H5 BR feels like Halo 2 to me.

I like the feeling of having 3 bullets that need to be held on the enemy to hit, I know it seems strange but I just do better that way. I never disliked the BR in H3, did really well with it and Halo 2 worked ok too.

I guess that makes sense. You seem to look at H3's BR as just a difficult weapon to master by landing all the shots. Majority of people just remember it as broken.

I'm pretty sure you forgot to take out your rose-tinted contacts, developed some type of severe ingrained bacterial infection and now you're just burnt out on shooters. Take your dog on runs through the park and read a book or something. You're just echoing shit until you're convinced "game sux, recommend me better game (but not any games that are out right now)."

halo 3 BR was great if you were host and your modem was running a cable out of your window off the rock through the bush and into the backdoor of Bungie's studio directly hooked up to their server.

I agree with you on BTB, it's terrible in my opinion. Nothing really feels good in that mode and the spawns are horrendous especially on the remake of standoff.

I'm pretty sure you forgot to take out your rose-tinted contacts, developed some type of severe ingrained bacterial infection and now you're just burnt out on shooters. Take your dog on runs through the park and read a book or something. You're just echoing shit until you're convinced "game sux, recommend me better game (but not any games that are out right now)."

I think I am a decent juge in physics and how game code portrays all that, has nothing to do with what your saying. i enjoyed other shooters such as americas army and mag for what they were doing in controls movement and hit detection. I just don't see what is good in h5 for a lot of these things.

Especialy when I see how vehicles move and flip, spin and just look strange moving on the ground. It just isn't good physics, not good coding imo

Caja 117

I think I am a decent juge in physics and how game code portrays all that, has nothing to do with what your saying. i enjoyed other shooters such as americas army and mag for what they were doing in controls movement and hit detection. I just don't see what is good in h5 for a lot of these things.

Especialy when I see how vehicles move and flip, spin and just look strange moving on the ground. It just isn't good physics, not good coding imo

Hmm, could you give example of this?, I cant say I have noticed anything too different from past Halos, but maybe Im missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom