• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Got the default DMR!... Wait, why does this thing require a Lv6 REQ Level? o_o

I really like the AR's "Steel" skin, and I wish the rest of the Loadout weapons had it.

I liked the BR in Halo 3 but only because it was crappy enough to not overpower warthogs which improved BTB for me. :p
Lol

Demise

Sniper rifles on basin need less ammo, you get some serious camping in team slayer

If you're only speaking about Slayer, I agree 12 bullets is a bit overkill but since the map are small with a lot of blind corner, Sniper is less OP than it may seems. Plus you have to move a lot since a shot can be heard at the other side of the map.

BraXzy

HaloGAF Montage is rendering! I really hope you guys enjoy it, and thanks to those that submitted clips. Sincerely hope I didn't miss anyone out. I'll post a link when it's up.

Nice! I wish I'd had a sweet play to submit but hopefully one of my daft ones made it. That was some quick editing :D

Looking forward to it.

Sai

Played Strongholds on Basin earlier. It's definitely my favorite of Halo 5's BTB maps thus far.

The fact that I completely stomped on it may be makin' me a bit biased though. :3

I would agree with this if it weren't for the fact that BTB matches boil down to uncoordinated messes the majority of the time. If its going to be a playlist where individual players can matchmake into and will possibly join-in-progress you're rarely going to have a team that will be able to defend itself with Pistols against players wielding BRs, DMRs, and power weapons.
If a team was being pushed that hard, I don't think it would make a difference regardless.

Leyasu

Banned
Still getting put into bad (US?) servers quite often, super jealous of everyone in the EU who has had better server selection recently. Save me 343!
Get jealous mate. I am having the tier one experience. Pretty much nothing but EU servers and nearly all in the Amsterdam datacentre to boot. Fucking glorious!

Anyway, I think that 343 made the right choice by getting people hooked on warzone before dropping BTB. Halo 5 BTB is so good, that I think that it would have had a negative effect on warzone had they launched together.

Needs some sexy maps to go with it now though. Plus, that ground texture is god damn awful lol

Blue team tears of defeat never tasted so good:

UBSYGfc.jpg

I still don't really get the ranking system for the 10 placement games. We had a party of 6 doing BTB and we all had 10 games, 8 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie. I had only one game where I went negative. A buddy got Diamond 1 and I got Platinum 1, I'm guessing ranks are more than just win/loss.

Blue team tears of defeat never tasted so good:

UBSYGfc.jpg

I still don't really get the ranking system for the 10 placement games. We had a party of 6 doing BTB and we all had 10 games, 8 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie. I had only one game where I went negative. A buddy got Diamond 1 and I got Platinum 1, I'm guessing ranks are more than just win/loss.
When it comes to placement, they take into account performance as well as win/lose. Once you get rank the system only cares about win/loss.

Vico

Only got to play Headlong once over 18 games. Whyyyyy? Someone told that this is because it doesn't have CTF, meaning it only has two gametypes compared to the other maps, so it'd be weighted less than them. I hope this is not true.

Yo. Let's tone down the bullet magnetism on the sniper rifle please.

OrP29vKl.png

Probably lag compensation.
Only got to play Headlong once over 18 games. Whyyyyy? Someone told that this is because it doesn't have CTF, meaning it only has two gametypes compared to the other maps, so it'd be weighted less than them. I hope this is not true.
I think it might because the game doesn't yet support asymmetric modes like One Flag and Assault. A typical neutral- or multi-flag mode wouldn't really work on Headlong given it's layout.

Leyasu

Banned
How do you know what centre you're connecting to?
From titanfall, my lowest ping centre was in Holland followed by Ireland. When I play halo, the best and only way that I get an idea of where I am playing is from grenade lag and br shot count.

Instant grenade after the animation and 4sk br is Holland, ever so slightly delayed grenades and 4sk br is ireland, really noticeable delay and worse plus 5sk and above br is out of region.

If you know what to look for, plus you have an idea of your pings from titanfall. Then it ain't rocket science.

Can confirm that at least some of the new REQs are in the wild, I just got a Tundra Mongoose Cert from a REQ pack.

I will admit, it does look pretty bitching.

I'm curious: what sort of control scheme are you guys using? Are you using default? Bumper Jumper? Recon like me because you've been playing Halo for too long to change to something new now?

BraXzy

Can I seriously ask.. Why do people quit right near the end of a loss? Do they hope it won't count? Do they want to avoid hanging their heads in shame at the end? Makes no sense.

BraXzy

I'm curious: what sort of control scheme are you guys using? Are you using default? Bumper Jumper? Recon like me because you've been playing Halo for too long to change to something new now?

I'm a scrub playing Default since I'm so used to that sort of control scheme from Destiny. I'm too weak to bite the bullet and get used to using bumpers again. Maybe I'll just wait till I pick up an elite xD

Bessy67

I use the Halo 4 scheme. Maybe I'll try bumper jumper some day. I used that for Titanfall, although jumping and aiming at the same time was a lot more important in that game IMO.

Madness

it's easier to snipe in this game than even Destiny. It's amusing to say the least.

Maybe easier, but no way is it better or does it look better. It's the one thing I absolutely loved in Destiny. Using a legendary sniper rifle, exotic sniper rifle.

In Halo 5, with the ridiculously low FoV and the claustrophobic sight, and the slow ADS speed, I don't know. I just don't like it much at all.

Also, can you blame them for BR starts? For the past 8 years people have been crying that they wanted BR starts, that Reach was ruined because DMR was too strong needed a BR, that AR starts suck. Even during the beta, half the people wanted the base game to be be BR starts, now that they have maps big enough where you wouldn't get donged on at spawn like you would on say rig or fathom with BR starts, people don't want them because the pistol is adequate.

Don't get me wrong, I think because I'm so used to AR/Pistol starts I want it too, but they just can't win whatever they do.

So when are we going to make the HaloGAF super team and sign up and qualify for HCS? Let's go win that 1.7 million prize pool.

SpeedyBiceps is ready. ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Can I seriously ask.. Why do people quit right near the end of a loss? Do they hope it won't count? Do they want to avoid hanging their heads in shame at the end? Makes no sense.

When you consider the fact that you still get a good amount of REQ points for losing a game, it's amazing that people quit so near the end of a game.

Sordid

Get jealous mate. I am having the tier one experience. Pretty much nothing but EU servers and nearly all in the Amsterdam datacentre to boot. Fucking glorious!

h8 u

Bar 1 match it's actually been all good since that laggy game. Hopefully it'll keep improving!

Spartans Never Die - A HaloGAF Community Montage

Enjoy - if someone wants to make a thread, feel free. :) (It's still processing, so you might want to wait a while before it hits 1080p)

Oh man, that final clip.

Superb effort all around, thanks for putting together and thanks to all the HaloGaffers out there.

If you ever needed a video to get you hyped for Halo? Watch this.

Forget the marketing, forget the minor issues that people have with the game, forget everything.

This game is fantastic fun and this video perfectly illustrates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom