• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am a decent juge in physics and how game code portrays all that, has nothing to do with what your saying. i enjoyed other shooters such as americas army and mag for what they were doing in controls movement and hit detection. I just don't see what is good in h5 for a lot of these things.

Especialy when I see how vehicles move and flip, spin and just look strange moving on the ground. It just isn't good physics, not good coding imo

heheh you never played halo 1 then? MC could flip a tank.

You're argument keeps moving to something different. I'm not even really sure you even play halo 5 now? All i see is you voicing concerns, attempting to convince members here your thought process on how Halo 5 should be true. GAF love to discuss differences, but once it becomes to a point where you're just saying bad things to say bad things.. it gets tiresome to even read. for me personally. I guess i could fix that for myself with a few clicks, but you haven't screamed yet :p

My advice would be.. if this bothers you that much and you want customer service to address your concerns, reach out to 343i personally. somtimes i read one of your comments and it feels like im working back at my wireless company working social media posts regarding the service or whatever. Cheer up! PLenty of fun things in halo 5 :)

EDIT: And remeber, they're just exploding pee balls.

H5G physics are somewhere between CE and 3 for infantry and 3/2/tiny bit of Reach for vehicles. Everything feels fine, and I can't recall any times I've been teamshotted so hard it's overturned my warthog, so it's already an improvenent over Reach / 4 in that regard.

Laws00

anybody get a "JUMPING GUNS" glitch? Where guns are just jumping randomly

Its happened to me a few times and just happened to me now lol

BraXzy

halo 3 BR was great if you were host and your modem was running a cable out of your window off the rock through the bush and into the backdoor of Bungie's studio directly hooked up to their server.

Lmao.

What are your thoughts on BTB maps? Had a go on them yet? Also, broken out of the snow map into the Forge space yet?

BraXzy

anybody get a "JUMPING GUNS" glitch? Where guns are just jumping randomly

Its happened to me a few times and just happened to me now lol

What do you mean exactly? A match I had a bit ago, when I picked up a weapon and then instantly switched to my other weapon ended up just sort of moving the wep on the floor a bit, rather than picking it up. So instead of grabbing it and going into my secondary slot it just moved over a bit?

BR is no where near long range. That scope is mid range at best. BR starts are okay in my book.

Wrong, because this:

I like walking 5 steps

Lol there's nothing wrong with BR starts at all. It's gravy.

It takes BTB up a whole notch of quality by giving us a real weapon to use.

I notice the BR fans on BTB are not talking vehicles probably because they don't use them. If you get in a Hog its basically a deathtrap. The gunner has no chance and is massacred. You get BR'd. This is especially bad in Basin. You can't get across the mid point of the map in a vehicle making those CTF matches take forever.

I also think they need to close the hole on the bases. It doesnt make sense to have the base and flag right open to drop nades in.

RowdyReverb

H5G physics are somewhere between CE and 3 for infantry and 3/2/tiny bit of Reach for vehicles. Everything feels fine, and I can't recall any times I've been teamshotted so hard it's overturned my warthog, so it's already an improvenent over Reach / 4 in that regard.
I wish the Warthog and Mongoose were a tad less floaty. Accidentally rolling over is such a buzz kill

Sometimes no matter what you do, nothing kills the enemy :/ two incendiary cannons into a group of enemies, nothing, one shot was charged too... piece of shit superweapon

Wrong, because this:

I notice the BR fans on BTB are not talking vehicles probably because they don't use them. If you get in a Hog its basically a deathtrap. The gunner has no chance and is massacred. You get BR'd. This is especially bad in Basin. You can't get across the mid point of the map in a vehicle making those CTF matches take forever.

Good.

Sometimes no matter what you do, nothing kills the enemy :/ two incendiary cannons into a group of enemies, nothing, one shot was charged too... piece of shit superweapon

It Destroys me, even when it splashes me from behind. Kind of like the yellow exploding pee balls. But this time, they are koolaid balls.

I also think they need to close the hole on the bases. It doesnt make sense to have the base and flag right open to drop nades in.

GhuXQaF.jpg

Zeta Oni

Wrong, because this:

Thank you.

All this talk about BTB being the most cherished gamemode, but completely ignoring the fact that BR starts is hurting a main staple of said gamemode.

I dont care if vehicles get more health at this point, occasionally I would like to drive a buddy around without knowing we were gonna die the second we get the attention of 2+ spartans.

shoreu

Thank you.

All this talk about BTB being the most cherished gamemode, but completely ignoring the fact that BR starts is hurting a main staple of said gamemode.

I dont care if vehicles get more health at this point, occasionally I would like to drive a buddy around without knowing we were gonna die the second we get the attention of 2+ spartans.

I agree with this. You need bonus armor or something in a hog.

Laws00

What do you mean exactly? A match I had a bit ago, when I picked up a weapon and then instantly switched to my other weapon ended up just sort of moving the wep on the floor a bit, rather than picking it up. So instead of grabbing it and going into my secondary slot it just moved over a bit?

I mean, you know when guns drop when you die? Something must have been going on in my game and almost every gun you can pick up including ones placed on the map were like I guess "popping up and down" constantly

Sordid

Still getting put into bad (US?) servers quite often, super jealous of everyone in the EU who has had better server selection recently. Save me 343!

http://i.imgur.com/xoQTyVL.gifv

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sordid Sentinel/video/12818415

Also, the game loves putting me into Big Team games that are halfway done but in my last match 4 players quit with no replacements :/ we were winning up until half of our team quit out and then they donged on us hard. Took a screenshot near the end when I realised no replacements were joining and one at the end to show that no-one joined.

It's like the game is doing it's best to make it unenjoyable :(

Edit: Big Team is okay but it would be better with less vehicles/power weapons imo. Too much like heavies. Wouldn't mind pistol starts either but can live with BR starts.

Raldoh

Played BTB for the first time today. Apart from BR spawn my first impression of the new maps are that they play really well. Never been a holdout fan in the Team Arena playlist, playing it on Guillotine was a blast though! Will not be touching Warzone any time soon I think.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i think the new maps are quite good looking. none of the typical forge texture mess oddities, these are very clean and easy to make out. cant wait to get my hands on forge.

buuut, something is really wrong with the map rotation. i got guillotine five times in a row. 5! its a fantastic remake of an excellent map, but come on. arena and warzone seem to have some issues with map rotation too, but not to this extent.

by the way, map rotation was INCREDIBLE in the beta, where virtually every single map played in... rotation! what happened?

also, recurve and deadlock feel a bit too open and lack directional map control. a team slayer game basically turns into free-for-all quickly off spawn with enemies in front of you, to your right/left, and behind you. hope basin at least plays more like some of my favorite btb maps where there is actually a focus for where combat revolves around and you have a n idea, even if just generally, where enemies are likely to be coming from.

wwm0nkey

with textures even better than H5 Forge
That were made for the map.....

If all these objects were individually textured it would look even worse. It literally takes a second to realize "oh yeah, a lot of textures would probably clash" just like they did in Halo Reach.

Now what would be cool is the ability to add simple textures onto objects like the picture above so you'd have the ability to mix and match to get a good result, I don't know how that would impact performance, but it would be a nice addition and MUCH better than pre-textured objects.

1 nade in assault really hurts when trying to cap the spire, you get pissed on from above now.

I feel like I want to stop playing until I can edit my controls to aim better, I really enjoy the low auto aim and assists but I can't aim for shit with how the looking around feels right now, I swear I never had this much of an issue in the beta.

I disagree with Wesley, if he wants to BR everyone to death he should play Arena or SWAT. The whole point of BTB is the added player count and emphasis on vehicle combat, when those vehicles die in seconds it at least partially defeats the point of the mode.

HaloGAF Montage is rendering! I really hope you guys enjoy it, and thanks to those that submitted clips. Sincerely hope I didn't miss anyone out. I'll post a link when it's up.

BTB is much better than I thought it would be. I really enjoy the matches on those forge maps. Biggest problem is that they still look like Forge maps. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom