• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Great job on the montage! Seeing Pegasus though reminds me, in my literally dozens and dozens of hours with multi I still haven't gotten this map in matchmaking (arena or slayer). What the hell bungle!?

Tawpgun

I notice the BR fans on BTB are not talking vehicles probably because they don't use them. If you get in a Hog its basically a deathtrap. The gunner has no chance and is massacred. You get BR'd. This is especially bad in Basin. You can't get across the mid point of the map in a vehicle making those CTF matches take forever.

Lol. Amazing. "Vehicles are useless in BTB" "Good" Fuck off with that. So you just regular halo with more people.

BTB in Halo 2 and 3 has always been about the interplay of vehicles and infantry. Controlling vehicles as power items has been a key BTB strategy. Controlling the rockets and lasers so your vehicles can wreck was another key strategy.

All that dissapeared in Halo Reach, 4, and now 5 because they let you spawn with a weapon that is incredibly accurate at incredible ranges.

That's what the anti BR people are complaining about. I fkn love BR's. Hell I'd like Arena to be BR starts over the pistol. But it ruins BTB by making vehicles used for nothing more than transport.

I play BTB because of the vehicle interplay. Not because I just want more players in my game to shoot at.

Having played all of the maps (once) my preliminary rankings are

Basin = Deadlock > Recurve > Guillotine

That last one'll probably move up when I play something other than Slayer on it :X

They all play quite well, though. Even Recurve.

Oh, and BTB Strongholds is even more amazing than regular Strongholds.

Nori Chan

Couldn't wait to open req packs cause I realized that I can open packs from waypoint lol

Got the Incineration Canon, Speed boost tier 2 cert, rare armor, over shield tier 2, corp scorpion, and uncommon armor.

Not bad

Man I was watching the montage thinking there is no way my clip compares to these and then my name pops up! 'Twas a fantastic 18 minutes. Although I wish I sent my other clips now that I know there was a funny/fail moment section.

shoreu

Having played all of the maps (once) my preliminary rankings are

Basin = Deadlock > Recurve > Guillotine

That last one'll probably move up when I play something other than Slayer on it :X

They all play quite well, though. Even Recurve.

Oh, and BTB Strongholds is even more amazing than regular Strongholds.

We aren't friends anymore, never ask me to play fable again

#Triggred

Anyone else got a Survey from MS asking a whole lot of Halo 5 questions related to....story/visuals/Req/MP/etc?

Filling out one right now and being as honest as possible. Wonder why?

Example: The Halo 5 story was confusing because it was difficult to follow.

HMMMMMM.

Edit: Another question..."Not having a split screen mode, reduced my enjoyment with Halo 5".....

Decided to crack open one of my weekly premium packs... all three permanent cards were green.

Seriously? $25 for this shit.

I know it's a gamble and all but these "premium packs", featuring "the highest valued REQs in the system", should at least be limited to blues and above T_T

Madness

Yeh the graphics in this game are a joke.

One of the worst looking Halo games of all time.

gORqo8q.jpg

Yeah no kidding. I can't explain it. I mean Forge is better than its ever been, but this was what playing on Paradiso on Reach was like. Playing these BTB Forge maps in Halo 5 is just sad. I do not like it at all. Give me weird looking textures even if they look mishmashed then this weird smooth, almost barren look. I'd rather have Breakout maps for BTB than what Headlong and the Longbow remake look like.

Boston

What do you guys think about the Halo 5 control scheme? Since I'm aiming down sights more now in BTB, zooming with the right analog click is pretty anyoying (using halo 4 controls).

Madness

What do you guys think about the Halo 5 control scheme? Since I'm aiming down sights more now in BTB, zooming with the right analog click is pretty anyoying (using halo 4 controls).

Played through campaign using Recon, am pretty used to it now and do pretty well (Platinum or above, positive K/D almost every match) except for Ground/Pound which I rarely use. Dash and Ground Pound I just can't get used to on Recon.

arimanius

Has anyone has to lower their controller sensitive since the update? I also got a new regular controller since my old one started to drift and level 5 sensitive seems much faster now. Maybe to fast for me.

Man I was watching the montage thinking there is no way my clip compares to these and then my name pops up! 'Twas a fantastic 18 minutes. Although I wish I sent my other clips now that I know there was a funny/fail moment section.

Yeah me too. I could contribute plenty to the fail section haha

Edit: Woo made it into the 'love of the game' section at 12:09

Are small disconnects a known issue? Time warner cable, I get booted every few games but I maintain party chat and Xbox live connection. What the fuck gives?

I can play rocket league for hours straight on my PC and not drop a game.

PSA parties of 3. If you're in Party Chat and your random has a mic, at least have the fucking courtesy of inviting him to your party. Of spending two fucking seconds to hit Menu, and B, to switch you to game chat.

Fucking hate losing 2v1 scenarios because both of your team mates decide to split up, and neither are fucking able to hear me say "Hey, he's stompings around behind you, turn around."

PSA parties of 3. If you're in Party Chat and your random has a mic, at least have the fucking courtesy of inviting him to your party. Of spending two fucking seconds to hit Menu, and B, to switch you to game chat.

Fucking hate losing 2v1 scenarios because both of your team mates decide to split up, and neither are fucking able to hear me say "Hey, he's stompings around behind you, turn around."

You need to assemble a team.

THANK YOU

As someone who generally plays by themselves, I can count on one hand how many times I've actually talked to my team in a semi-tactical fashion in Arena. Either they don't talk, are worthy of an instant mute, or all 3 of them are in a party. Hate that shit.

Bsigg12

clav

Halo 2 was constantly matches like that for me when I wasn't playing with friends.

In all my years playing Halo I never encountered a Teamate so obsessed about getting the sniper that he basically harrased me the entire game:

http://xboxclips.com/zCaja/c85acc29-b2aa-4bc1-ac5c-c4ef45598bef

http://xboxclips.com/zCaja/5aa3ea17-e08f-4274-b537-ea8a29347095

http://xboxclips.com/zCaja/f735ac4a-c96c-4c50-a786-a248a32212e0

I have an entire match of that.

That's been in like that since Halo 2 forever.

"GIVE ME SNIPER"

No.

"COME ON." *whack *whack *whack

BETRAYAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom