• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

gORqo8q.jpg

Yeah no kidding. I can't explain it. I mean Forge is better than its ever been, but this was what playing on Paradiso on Reach was like. Playing these BTB Forge maps in Halo 5 is just sad. I do not like it at all. Give me weird looking textures even if they look mishmashed then this weird smooth, almost barren look. I'd rather have Breakout maps for BTB than what Headlong and the Longbow remake look like.

You have explained what we lost...

What we gained?

In any Forge previous to this one, that interior would have been a visual mess of either total grey (3 and Reach) or just muddy darkness (4 and H2A). It'd be impossible to create something that played halfway decently, let alone had the amount of atmosphere.

I wish that they had some simplistic textures to swap in addition to color tints, but H5's Forge looks to be a massive step forward in making any sort of map style playable instead of needing to build around Forge's limitations.

I find it hilarious that we've gone from "what's with these cluttered dev maps! Give me CE and 2 plain areas" and people are now complaining about Forge maps having a simplified aesthetic. Gameplay is king, and for the Forgers who want to put the time into it for customs they'll be able to make better looking maps than ever before.

Ooh, yeah, meant to say something about that. Fantastic job on that, Fuchsdh!

Sik had the idea, I just had the copy of After Effects :)

Bsigg12

gORqo8q.jpg

Yeah no kidding. I can't explain it. I mean Forge is better than its ever been, but this was what playing on Paradiso on Reach was like. Playing these BTB Forge maps in Halo 5 is just sad. I do not like it at all. Give me weird looking textures even if they look mishmashed then this weird smooth, almost barren look. I'd rather have Breakout maps for BTB than what Headlong and the Longbow remake look like.

Being as these maps were created on still WIP builds of Forge, I think they turned out pretty good. Once we get that Forge update next month, it'll be interesting to see some of the things the more talented cartographers can come up with not being on a deadline.

Haines

Banned
I see people saying it will be cool to see whats made in forge but how will we be able to play these cool maps. Do they go into a playlist?

Boston

Auto de-zooming when getting shot...I know this was a feature in the original Halo's, but why did they add it in the new one? Halo 4 had it right. So anoying. No need.

Also, any plans for them adding a zombies mode?

Auto de-zooming when getting shot...I know this was a feature in the original Halo's, but why did they add it in the new one? Halo 4 had it right. So anoying. No need.

Absolutely 100% wrong. Nope. Sorry.

Zombies is fine though.

Giving up. That's 5 times now my connection supposedly drops, only to then reconnect right after I get kicked from the game.

No other game has this issue.

Nutter

They added it because it had no reason not being in the game to begin with.

Halo 4 MP is pretty bad.

Euron

Flinch is horrible and I'm so glad they did away with it. I prefer not being paralyzed and helpless every time I'm shot.

A Flood Firefight Mode would be awesome though. No announced plans at the moment though.

How long have you been saving up out of interest? Insane amount of Req's. Also, you starting with silvers or just doing 47 Golds?

Week and a halfish, around 250-280 warzone games (mostly assault). I did several bronze to get the new commons, then did silvers all the way till 100k. Then 10 golds got pretty much nothing except a legendary arena boost. Sold all the shit I wont use, got another 40k. Then bought 1 gold and the rest silvers.

Do not buy gold packs until you have all silver stuff, unless you want to cry.

Yeah I made it into the montage :)

Descoping is a key component in Halo's weapon balance to counter ranged weapons, one of the reasons Halo 4 was bad is flinch instead of descoping.

Madness

Because no one liked it in Halo 4 when they added it. It was one of the worst additions to Halo gameplay. Flinch is one of the dumbest mechanics added to first person shooter gameplay. So annoying. No need.

Also, there was a mode called Firefight that worked sort of like Zombies. We haven't seen it since Reach. There is nothing in this game for a single player beyond campaign. No PvE anything, except Warzone but you will have 12 other human enemy players who will probably kill you while they're fighting AI.

First night getting to play BTB.

First game: CTF on Recurve.
Results: Utter embarrassment. Disorganization and a 0-3 loss.

Second game: Strongholds on Basin. Mostly the same teams.
Results: More embarrassment. A slaughter. Practically every time I spawned I was getting wrecked in seconds. My teammates too, we barely had kills much less Stonghold points. It seemed like there were Blue Spartans everywhere shooting super bullets. 118-0. I say again, ONE-HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN TO NOTHING

THEN
Red Team gets it together. A quick comeback, but it's 140 to 80 in favor of Blue. Shitty odds ? Who cares?

Final Results: 150-147 Red Team.

Guys, this fucking game...

Anon67

Giving up. That's 5 times now my connection supposedly drops, only to then reconnect right after I get kicked from the game.

No other game has this issue.

Odd I just had this problem as well. It worked fine for 2-3 matches but afterwards, my connection started to drop. Hmm.

I FINALLY GOT MY ONYX IN BREAKOUT

the amount of carries i had to do, I'm free now... I never have to play that awful playlist anymore. I never have to play Solo queue anymore. I'm finally free.

Now if only BTB didn't place my in Diamond, I have to get Onyx there as well now to get all my flowers.

CAN I CARRY 7 OTHER PEOPLE TO 25+ WINS IN BTB TO GET MY ONYX? SPEEDYBICEPS IS READY TO FIND OUT ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

oh god guys my back
giphy.gif

How you do it?

Have an Incineration Cannon and binary rifle. Have your ai teammates each have one of the weapons (there are plenty in the previous room, plus extra cannons in this room). Kill one Warden immediately, get a checkpoint, save it. Then whittle them both down (trying to keep their attention on you so your teammates don't die).

You know they're close to dying when, during the animation after he's hit, his sword will disappear and reappear larger. Then target one for your AI to attack. Charge up a shot and blast yours when you hear the other dying. As long as they're both in their death animation at the same time it should pop.

You WILL be reverting to last checkpoint. Alot. If you accidentally kill one and you get a checkpoint before the other dies, leave and load your save.

ShutterMunster

Played one BTB map on Deadlock and was not impressed. The map was super tiny, using vehicles was useless. It was just a more chaotic capture the flag. Forge maps have never looked worse, visually speaking.

I see people saying it will be cool to see whats made in forge but how will we be able to play these cool maps. Do they go into a playlist?

Typically the developers will hand pick the best maps and modes from the community and put them in the hoppers.

Also lol at all the people bitching about flinch. You do realize that in many situations that the only effective way to deal with a crack sniper, right? It was the wrong decision to take it out, and putting it back in was 100% necessary.

BraXzy

For anyone who didn't see the tweets, they've seen the feedback and will be increasing Req rewards for matches that are longer than your average arena match. So I assume the Req point increase will scale further based on time played. Possibly in time for the weekend even.

Speaking of which, as I suspected; BTB is this weekends double XP playlist, with voting returning thanksgiving weekend.

BraXzy

One feature that I really really want in the game if it is possible, is for Req skins to work on everything regardless of if you start with them or not. And on top of that, the special versions of weapons being unlockable skins for Arena.

If I get Nornfang out of a Req pack, I sure as hell would want to show that skin off if I picked up the sniper on a map in Arena.

Sweet christ, the number of times I spawn across the map from my team, head towards them, encounter enemies, kill one and get gunned down by his teammates in the process, only to earn 2 assists when my teammates arrive a few seconds later is INSANE.

343i. I beg you. I understand you are B tier talent doing the very best you can within your obvious limitations of ability. Fix the fucking spawn AI. It is wretched.

tuna_love

Banned
Sweet christ, the number of times I spawn across the map from my team, head towards them, encounter enemies, kill one and get gunned down by his teammates in the process, only to earn 2 assists when my teammates arrive a few seconds later is INSANE.

343i. I beg you. I understand you are B tier talent doing the very best you can within your obvious limitations of ability. Fix the fucking spawn AI. It is wretched.
Geez

You have explained what we lost...

What we gained?

In any Forge previous to this one, that interior would have been a visual mess of either total grey (3 and Reach) or just muddy darkness (4 and H2A). It'd be impossible to create something that played halfway decently, let alone had the amount of atmosphere.

I wish that they had some simplistic textures to swap in addition to color tints, but H5's Forge looks to be a massive step forward in making any sort of map style playable instead of needing to build around Forge's limitations.

I find it hilarious that we've gone from "what's with these cluttered dev maps! Give me CE and 2 plain areas" and people are now complaining about Forge maps having a simplified aesthetic. Gameplay is king, and for the Forgers who want to put the time into it for customs they'll be able to make better looking maps than ever before.

Sik had the idea, I just had the copy of After Effects :)

They aren't designed well either though. While they are less cluttered they have strange and amateur feeling ground. It just feels a bit blocked off and cheap feeling
Too big compared to the maps they are remade from. I don't really get it. Would blame sprint but halo 4 had a Valhalla that was much closer in design.

Do feel disheartening they ruined two nice maps from halo 3. Don't even want them to ruin avalanche, just keep it out of your game 343

Leyasu

Banned
Decided to crack open one of my weekly premium packs... all three permanent cards were green.

Seriously? $25 for this shit.

I know it's a gamble and all but these "premium packs", featuring "the highest valued REQs in the system", should at least be limited to blues and above T_T
This. I was going to buy another one. But after the abysmal rubbish that I have got. No way.

Nice.

Caja 117

I dont get why people need to talk like this when asking for something, it isnt constructive at all.

They aren't designed well either though. While they are less cluttered they have strange and amateur feeling ground. It just feels a bit blocked off and cheap feeling
Too big compared to the maps they are remade from. I don't really get it. Would blame sprint but halo 4 had a Valhalla that was much closer in design.

The DMR broke Valhalla in Halo 4.

I just honestly don't think 343i has any idea what they're doing.

The base shooting mechanics and movement feels great. Took them 2 games, too many years, and god knows how many millions of dollars to get where Bungie did in one game, but they did that.

Unfortunately, they undermined their own mode in Warzone with their downright braindead boss damage system and straight-up greedy REQ system, and they hurt arena with TEEEEEEERRRRRRRRIBLE matchmaking and even worse Spawn AI. Map design ranges from alright to bad, and god forbid you want to try and learn the maps or can't play with a full team without affecting your rank - sorry, we cant handle social playlists, too hard!

For every step forward, 2 steps back.

Just played what might have been the most intense game of CTF in the history of Halo. Both teams got each others flags early on and for the entire game we were trying to kill the enemy carrier. Many close calls where we almost returned the flag or almost lost theirs, and it came down to the last minute. No one scored until 30 seconds left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom