• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

I always start a party for myself if I'm playing solo, ain't got time for these people who use Kinect and live in a barn.

There is no way to mute all or anything. I couldn't find any way to mute people in game. Such an oversight. Even more annoying than the morons who forget they have a Kinect listening are those Tumblr emos who complain nonstop. 'WTF I shot first how'd he kill me, that's BS', 'Thats right jack my ghost fuckkkkkk' etc. I hate those whiners.

There is no way to mute all or anything. I couldn't find any way to mute people in game. Such an oversight. Even more annoying than the morons who forget they have a Kinect listening are those Tumblr emos who complain nonstop. 'WTF I shot first how'd he kill me, that's BS', 'Thats right jack my ghost fuckkkkkk' etc. I hate those whiners.

Scoreboard > X.

Haines

Banned
I just started finally trying to learn ground pound tonight. Always feels op when used on me so time to pay some people back

Eoin

Was playing some Arena tonight and both times breakout came up, me and one other person in the party had the game crash to dashboard. Don't know how to feel about it, games crashing is bad obviously, but then so is breakout.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am done with this awful warzone until they fix the garbage point system. This shit makes no fucking sense. I raged twice today, We almost kill the boss and die. Other team gets lucky and get the last shot and some how they get on top just being there. Like what the fuck.

And I don't know how the ranking works in warzone, but its so fucking unbalanced. I won may be 2 games out of 10 I played. And the score is never even close. Believe it or not my team never passed beyond 500pt in last 10 games.
Thank god they added BTB.

Haines

Banned
Was playing some Arena tonight and both times breakout came up, me and one other person in the party had the game crash to dashboard. Don't know how to feel about it, games crashing is bad obviously, but then so is breakout.

Game has crashed many times for me.

I adore breakout but I haven't a clue if its good in the halo scheme of things. Some of the maps are good and some bad as fuck

Ont

I played Breakout twice today in Team Arena rotation, both times at least two players in our team crashed to dashboard.

MouldyK

I still think there should be separate team health bars for the larger bosses. It would improve the metagame so much. There's just too man ways to damage the bosses from farther away than a team can manage to secure.

What about Knights with their breakable bits?

Madness

What about Knights with their breakable bits?

Thats my favorite part about the Knights. I love what they did for the Knights. And coming off Destiny, the best stuff I like is specific enemy damage points or when enemies get staggered.

I think they just need greater variety in the AI. I mean they're just far too passive for my taste. Imagine a Promethean soldier that is sort of like a Terminator. He just runs around the map hunting down Spartans. That way it's not just a sit back and shoot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Help please.

Game keeps crashing. Playing through campaign on legendary, died on the two warden fight, and the game crashed to the dashboard. When I try to reload, the game crashes the same way every time I try to resume the campaign. A hard reset hasn't fixed it.

I still think there should be separate team health bars for the larger bosses. It would improve the metagame so much. There's just too man ways to damage the bosses from farther away than a team can manage to secure.

WTF

HOW DID NO ONE THINK OF THIS?!??

You should get a reward

EDIT: Now that I think about it, there's the problem of matches being one-sided. If a team is majorly winning, they have all the best REQs and so they'll have no trouble dealing the most damage. It's better if the losing team has a better chance to get the kill with the current system

BraXzy

Then we would have never had that amazing Spartan lazer clip.

Madness

Same, it's even worse than Mass Effect 3 because they're adding useless REQ's. I mean my cousin spent money on a gold pack to get a tundra scout warthog. When is anyone ever going to use that over any other vehicle? A slow ass warthog without offensive capabilities. Just dumb. He already had a scout warthog cert too, never used it.

Frankie, anyone. Are you guys planning on making Reach DLC free when it's out for backwards compatibility? Also what about a playlist update so the small population wont be affected negatively?

jelly

II wonder if they've integrated an easy way to export a forge map into the regular artist tools for map creation so they can make an artistic pass on the existing forge maps.

It would be an easy way to offload architectural work onto the forge community and then have artists go over it with a fine-toothed comb and really make it look beautiful. (Alongside regular development of new maps, of course)

If they don't I'd say that it's probably something they should look into for H6. Maybe have a monthly/quarterly competition for it with a community vote to determine which forge map gets selected for the makeover treatment.

Frankie, pass it along!

I've always thought they should release a deeper map making app for PC on Windows 10 and the content can be played on Xbox One. I think the community with better tools would do some amazing work and it would offer greater and different collaboration. Forge PC hub would be sweet.

Obscured

Got my first legendary unlock and it was an assassination, Lawn Dart.

A weird thing that I didn't know until I went to replay this in theater is that when you get jip'd into a match it doesn't know who you are, or rather makes up a placeholder for you. I don't get many assassinations, especially in Warzone, so when I did this I wanted to make a clip of it right away and couldn't find myself until I finally realized that I had become DeltaSpartan838 and was wearing default armor instead of my actual gamertag and armor.

Doing this also made me happy that they kept in theater in addition to the xbox record this functionality and upload studio.

oh my god someone in BTB ctf had the enemy flag next to ours and refused to cap it, after about 30 seocnds he died and the other team went on to score.

annoying shit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Help please.

Game keeps crashing. Playing through campaign on legendary, died on the two warden fight, and the game crashed to the dashboard. When I try to reload, the game crashes the same way every time I try to resume the campaign. A hard reset hasn't fixed it.

Still not weeking. Grrr.

At least mp loads

Obscured

Same, it's even worse than Mass Effect 3 because they're adding useless REQ's. I mean my cousin spent money on a gold pack to get a tundra scout warthog. When is anyone ever going to use that over any other vehicle? A slow ass warthog without offensive capabilities. Just dumb. He already had a scout warthog cert too, never used it.

I like the idea of the scout warthogs, but I wish they was something more unique about them because they are pretty useless right now. They should have increased speed (because no mounted cannon and of course they would be geared to be faster because of their 'scout' status). They should carry 4 spartans at a time, two more should be able to jump in the back or they should give the passenger unlimited grenades, because what else would be in the back but a big ol' pile of grenades?

fuck sake I can't aim for shit with the BR because of the aim acceleration, it's terrible and i'm losing kills because of it, I hate this because I know I can do a lot better if the controls were adjustable. Sooner that control update comes the better.

3 is too fast when trying to do small movements at medium range, 2 is too slow for turning around, this isn't an auto aim issue but camera movement.

Obscured

Got my first legendary unlock and it was an assassination, Lawn Dart.

A weird thing that I didn't know until I went to replay this in theater is that when you get jip'd into a match it doesn't know who you are, or rather makes up a placeholder for you. I don't get many assassinations, especially in Warzone, so when I did this I wanted to make a clip of it right away and couldn't find myself until I finally realized that I had become DeltaSpartan838 and was wearing default armor instead of my actual gamertag and armor.

Doing this also made me happy that they kept in theater in addition to the xbox record this functionality and upload studio.

I know this is bad form to quote myself, but one other comment. I wish that assassinations had previews, so I could check them out in my customization screen instead of only seeing them in action.

Madness

I like the idea of the scout warthogs, but I wish they was something more unique about them because they are pretty useless right now. They should have increased speed (because no mounted cannon and of course they would be geared to be faster because of their 'scout' status). They should carry 4 spartans at a time, two more should be able to jump in the back or they should give the passenger unlimited grenades, because what else would be in the back but a big ol' pile of grenades?

My point is more, now that you have several certs of skins of useless REQ's. So it's even harder to get soemthing you want. So now, you can have another useless scout warthog, but in a different color.

Then again, maybe I don't play enough, which is why j feel like it's so bare. Maybe people are already nearing req completion.

Obscured

My point is more, now that you have several certs of skins of useless REQ's. So it's even harder to get soemthing you want. So now, you can have another useless scout warthog, but in a different color.

Then again, maybe I don't play enough, which is why j feel like it's so bare. Maybe people are already nearing req completion.

You definitely have a point, everything should have some use. I like that there is a lot of options and enjoy that there are different versions, but you are correct a lot of them feel useless. Of course it feeds into the low high cycle when you get nothing for a while and then that thing you've been wanting or something surprising pops up. Sucks when you are on the low point of it.

Welfare

I think it would be cool if each weapon/vehicle had a stat page that would tell you things like damage per shot, "perfect" kill time, armor, stuff like that.

In game of course, because I don't want to pull up a reddit page to know this stuff.

Karl2177

I threw the last 5 games of placement in FFA by just going for Shoulder Charge/AR kills. I got put in Onyx. This ranking system is poop.

I've always thought they should release a deeper map making app for PC on Windows 10 and the content can be played on Xbox One. I think the community with better tools would do some amazing work and it would offer greater and different collaboration. Forge PC hub would be sweet.

I can't see them not doing this. You don't talk the talk about better Xbox/Windows integration and not do this for your premier Xbox IP.

Madness

I threw the last 5 games of placement in FFA by just going for Shoulder Charge/AR kills. I got put in Onyx. This ranking system is poop.

Give me their internal MMR that they've done, but I want 1-50, H2A/Halo 2/Halo 3 ranks back instead of this diamond, platinum, Onyx stuff.

Just makes no sense to me that 10 games turns you into a brigadier or level 45 type player and no matter how much you lose now Karl, you'll never go below Onyx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom