• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeSaw

Give me their internal MMR that they've done, but I want 1-50, H2A/Halo 2/Halo 3 ranks back instead of this diamond, platinum, Onyx stuff.

Just makes no sense to me that 10 games turns you into a brigadier or level 45 type player and no matter how much you lose now Karl, you'll never go below Onyx.

Yep IMO the only way these ranks work is if you can drop out of your tier. With the inconsistency of the placement matches players can end up way over their head with no hope of getting out.

Defect

Give me their internal MMR that they've done, but I want 1-50, H2A/Halo 2/Halo 3 ranks back instead of this diamond, platinum, Onyx stuff.

Just makes no sense to me that 10 games turns you into a brigadier or level 45 type player and no matter how much you lose now Karl, you'll never go below Onyx.

Or just get rid of the placement matches.

Evo X

oh my god someone in BTB ctf had the enemy flag next to ours and refused to cap it, after about 30 seocnds he died and the other team went on to score.

annoying shit.

He wasn't doing it intentionally.

It is not possible to score if the enemy is holding onto your team's flag.

EvB

It's only the first season isn't it?

Once the ranks reset again I'd expect those ranks to be initially lower than this time around because the system has much more data to match you up with equivalently skilled players now.

Madness

It's only the first season isn't it?

Once the ranks reset again I'd expect those ranks to be initially lower than this time around because the system has much more data to match you up with equivalently skilled players now.

Didn't they say only a few playlists would have ranks reset? I'm guessing team arena would, especially if they remove Breakout etc.

Haines

Banned
No fucking clue how to play warzone a d people won't tell me in it on a mic

And levels are massive and I kind of get lost

Idk about this mode

Madness

When Seasons debuts later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again,” said 343. “You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve.

“Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season.”

So I don't think all playlists will have rank resets.

Pez

I just played on the headlong remake and I gotta say, it was pretty fun.

Didn't look quite as bad I thought it would, but still Forge needs a complete technical rethink.

My girlfriend thought I was playing some old 360 game while I was on the Stand Off remake.

Not only one of the greatest montage video ever, this also completely validates ground pound.

When will the X1 get custom soundtracks so I can listen to space jam remixes while I play Halo?

Just use the Xbox app to stream to your computer, disable the music in H5G's settings and play your BGM of choice. I have everything set up using direct wired connections and gigabit LAN (which isn't really anything special, but still helpful as hell in this situation) so it's been super easy / convenient playing and then browsing GAF and whatnot between matches.

No fucking clue how to play warzone a d people won't tell me in it on a mic

And levels are massive and I kind of get lost

Idk about this mode

The levels themselves aren't that confusing. But darn it if I don't run at least two laps around the base trying to remember where the exit is on "march on stormbreak"

Just use the Xbox app to stream to your computer, disable the music in H5G's settings and play your BGM of choice. I have everything set up using direct wired connections and gigabit LAN (which isn't really anything special, but still helpful as hell in this situation) so it's been super easy / convenient playing and then browsing GAF and whatnot between matches.

You can do that now? Like a remote play sort of thing?

Yep. It's pretty nice.

If my router's wi-fi didn't drop every now and then, I'd use if more often.

In my entire history of using it I've only had a handful of stutters (last night) and a single crash (also last night). I have my Xbox directly wired to my modem/router thing so it looks borderline native resolution at Very High.

Damnit. Was up 2-0 then lost 3-2 in btb ctf. I was playing denis rodman levels of defense too then i saw why we lost, we only had 5 people vs 8. Lost a level as well :(

Hate losing like that

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Can you explain. Couple games I played I felt so underwhelmed and lost in it

Anyone wanna play I'm sick of playing with random kids.

Warzone feels better to me and more fun. I like the ebb and flow of the Warzone maps and using AI as objectives. BTB just feels like a cluster fuck. It could be the maps though.
I blame Strongholds for why BTB feels awful

That could very well be it. But after playing Warzone, I feel BTB is just blah.

Madness

Strongholds is great, Slayer is the weak game type. Without an objective to pull teams around the map everything's just a mess.

I will disagree. I love strongholds in 4v4, but with such large maps, huge open sightlines and BR on start with things like Sniper Rifles, it's just not fun in BTB. We're all so different with our opinions though.

I also do not understand how there is no 1 flag for BTB yet? Or no assault gametype? I mean you have the basics of 1 flag and assault in Breakout where you take flag to opposing teams base. Why not have that shit in the other gametypes?

m23

So Speedy, what kind of backpack you rocking these days? Seems like you should be the one carrying us these days.

Rail gun is beast in this game. I got a killing spree with one yesterday in a warzone assault game, can't even imagine what a better variant would be like.

One variant I picked up had two shots in a clip.

He wasn't doing it intentionally.

It is not possible to score if the enemy is holding onto your team's flag.
I'll have to check the replay but I know about that rule, maybe I jumped the gun but t was so annoying

it's also annoying that I get sniped from full shields by someone with a BR across the map like they have auto aim and I can't hit shit even if the crosshair is on their tiny dots, feels wrong somehow.

I will disagree. I love strongholds in 4v4, but with such large maps, huge open sightlines and BR on start with things like Sniper Rifles, it's just not fun in BTB. We're all so different with our opinions though.

I also do not understand how there is no 1 flag for BTB yet? Or no assault gametype? I mean you have the basics of 1 flag and assault in Breakout where you take flag to opposing teams base. Why not have that shit in the other gametypes?

The long sightlines aren't really a problem, IMO, because of the placement. Basin and to a lesser extent Recurve are problematic because they've got multiple "bases" in the open, but Deadlock is amazing strongholds. The middle is madness, but there's some fantastic gameplay taking place in Red and Blue Base. Have not gotten Guillotine strongholds yet.

And really, even the two problematic ones still play pretty well. If I had to make some changes, I'd move the base spawns on both of them all the way into the bases, and the Tower spawn on Basin onto where the Incineration Cannon spawns.

Ramirez

BTB really falls apart, IMO when you have 16 competent people with BRs and the way these spawns work. It's impossible to control the map, and you're just getting pinged from any and all directions. Really wasn't having any fun in it last night, my placement matches were a blast though! ;P

BTB really falls apart, IMO when you have 16 competent people with BRs and the way these spawns work. It's impossible to control the map, and you're just getting pinged from any and all directions. Really wasn't having any fun in it last night, my placement matches were a blast though! ;P
The spawns are rough. As soon as you get a base locked down, the game thinks it's a good idea to spawn the entire team right behind you.

DJ Gunner

Yep IMO the only way these ranks work is if you can drop out of your tier. With the inconsistency of the placement matches players can end up way over their head with no hope of getting out.

My understanding is that the internal matchmaking algorithm is still working, even if you cannot drop divisions. i.e. you lose enough games after being ranked platinum and you'll start to match more golds and silvers. Could be wrong, though.

My understanding is that the internal matchmaking algorithm is still working, even if you cannot drop divisions. i.e. you lose enough games after being ranked platinum and you'll start to match more golds and silvers. Could be wrong, though.

That's right.

It's kind weird, though. Rank is supposed to be an indicator of skill, but if your MMR isn't associated with your CSR, then... the latter is kind of meaningless, isn't it? It's pure e-peen.

Which I suppose makes a certain kind of sense, considering that for a lot of people that's all it ever was. Not like you're missing out on important information either, since they don't show them pre-game. Hmm.

Unstable

GG to everyone in that Big Team train. Nice win at the end there.

That's right.

It's kind weird, though. Rank is supposed to be an indicator of skill, but if your MMR isn't associated with your CSR, then... the latter is kind of meaningless, isn't it? It's pure e-peen.

Which I suppose makes a certain kind of sense, considering that for a lot of people that's all it ever was. Not like you're missing out on important information either, since they don't show them pre-game. Hmm.

In my opinion, this is Halo's best ranking system. For one simple reason. It actively encourages people to play the game.

Played a lot of BTB tonight and I'm done with it for the most part until some fixes. From the quitters to the horrible spawns I'm just not having fun with it; also I'm beginning to think BR starts was a bad idea. I'll just stick with WZ for now when it comes to large scale modes.

Magwik

Banned
Played a lot of BTB tonight and I'm done with it for the most part until some fixes. From the quitters to the horrible spawns I'm just not having fun with it; also I'm beginning to think BR starts was a bad idea. I'll just stick with WZ for now when it comes to large scale modes.
Put JIP back in
make it a social playlist
AR/Pistol starts
BTB fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom