• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important to remember that 343i has mentioned multiple times that they're working on a more nuanced solution and that disabling JiP was a stopgap solution that they could flip a switch on while they got the software in place for something more intuitive.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think it's important to remember that 343i has mentioned multiple times that they're working on a more nuanced solution and that disabling JiP was a stopgap solution that they could flip a switch on while they got the software in place for something more intuitive.

Correct. Also right now population is strong so we need a solution that can adapt to peaks and troughs.

Also spawns and little fixes like those coming soon and frequently.

Aesthetic gripe:

The gunner in a warthog is way too static. Not only should his legs be positioned wider, but his hips should swing with the motion of the warthog.

Aesthetic details like this are something that I've seen 343i improve on between H4 and H5 and I'd like to see the same level of improvement in the next iteration.

Caja 117

Man Standoff seems really small and cramped in BTB

I havent played it yet, do you think would work with 4 v 4? in Halo 3 it was good in 5 v 5

Correct. Also right now population is strong so we need a solution that can adapt to peaks and troughs.

Thats good to hear considering you are up against fallout 4, BOPS 3 and Batlefront 3, I dont think any other Halo had this match before.

Yeah considering the support so far I have high hopes that they will get this sorted in the not-too-distant future. Adding an opt-in/out system for JiP and social Arena playlists are both probably somewhat non-trivial changes so I am happy to give them a while to sort it out before I start complaining.

Leyasu

Banned

You guys are doing some good stuff keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned. Instead of the absolute that turning it off is.

Zeta Oni

Well, went to go play some btb.

4 people quit as soon as the game starts.

If you quit, you can get banned.
If you stay, you get your ass kicked and a loss.

This was a very big oversight.

arimanius

Glad to hear that the population is strong and that little fixes will be coming frequently.

Hey Frankie

You guys still looking into the missing preorder/warzone bundle REQs?

Still ain't got mine, and it's been a few weeks now.

If we can't fix this, well Imma have to ask you to meet me in the middle homie.

Okay I finished the campaign. I loved pretty much everything about it. I'd give it 4.5/5 and put it up with Reach, ODST, and Halo 3. Here are my campaign ratings:

Halo CE: 4/5
Halo 2: 5/5
Halo 3: 4.5/5
Halo ODST: 4.5/5
Halo Reach: 4.5/5
Halo 4: 4/5
Halo 5: 4.5/5

One thing I love about the Halo series is how there is next to no consensus on which campaign is the best. Some folks think Halo 2 is best, some the worst and every combination in between!

Right now my list would be

1. Halo CE - 5/5

THE GOAT! I will never tire of playing this campaign, it's lows are better than most games highs IMO!

2. Halo 3: ODST - 4.7/5

Love the noir feel, introduced Firefight, great narative and probably Bungie's best storytelling. Get's better each time I go through it.

3. Halo 3 - 4.5/5

Great highs, but the lowest of all Halo games in the Cortana level. But The Ark, Tsavo Highway... and Campaign Scoring kicked ass!

4. Halo 5 - 4.4/5

Still very new and it might go up or down after replays. Narative execution was not great IMO but the gameplay was as tight asn great as it's ever been. Swords of Sanghelios is going to be a classic I think.

5. Halo 4 - 4.3/5

Halo 4 rekindled that CE 'alien' feeling that I felt was missing from Halo 2, 3 and Reach. Some minor issues brought it down, but I thought it was a solid campaign.

6. Halo Reach - 4.1/5

Really didn't like Reach on my first play through AT ALL, but I've warmed to it a bit on subsequent playthroughs. Squad mechanic didn't click for me (and I'm still not totally sold on it in Halo 5 to be honest!). Something about the feel of Reach is just 'off'. IMO it's the least Halo of the campaigns in terms of feel.

7. Halo 2 - 4/5

My least favourite campaign. For all the (mostly deserved) criticism 343 get on the narative/plot execution in 4 and 5, IMO HAlo 2 was a bit of a mess. It didn't have a great flow from that perspective and some ridiculous difficulty spikes in Legendary. Dual wield sucked and broke the triangle too.

It's still a great game though, they all are IMO.

Bread

Banned
Finally finished my loadout mastery, thank god for Big Team and its many DMR spawns. Why couldn't they have given me DMR req in one of the reward packs ;_;

Level 50, still no DMR. 343 pls

Vire

Not feeling BTB at all.

I mean it's not surprising I guess since I never particularly liked it in any Halo game and these maps are ugly as sin.

BraXzy

Don't get me wrong, I totally get its a temporary fix. The stuff I posted were just suggestions on what I think would be a good direction for a more permanent solution.

Great to hear. People know a fun game when they see one. Great gameplay can't be beat. Unless it is up against free bacon.

These maps are ugly as sin.

II wonder if they've integrated an easy way to export a forge map into the regular artist tools for map creation so they can make an artistic pass on the existing forge maps.

It would be an easy way to offload architectural work onto the forge community and then have artists go over it with a fine-toothed comb and really make it look beautiful. (Alongside regular development of new maps, of course)

If they don't I'd say that it's probably something they should look into for H6. Maybe have a monthly/quarterly competition for it with a community vote to determine which forge map gets selected for the makeover treatment.

Frankie, pass it along!

Haines

Banned
Hi.

I am newer to halo but played competitive games for years which did include halo 2.

Been on Xbox live since day 1.

Had a couple kids and such so I need to restart a nice lil circle on Xbox live and halo 5/, well, I've fallen in love with the gameplay.

I have an elite controller so still got jump the hurldle of using 4 more fingers but I'm catching up.

I will use a mic most of the time and I aim to play to win but also have a ton of fun.

If anyone would like, please add my GT.

It's Haines GT

If you'd rathrr, I can add you, just reply with it.

Look forward to learning the ropes from some of you guys and some good halo sessions. This game is legit.

If this a game I were in, dropping off the tower would have resulted in 5 BRs and a Sniper coming down on me, lol. REALLY wish BTB was AR/Pistol starts.
That is why I want to avoid high ranks for BTB, because when I play that mode I love to drive shit and mess around, not worry about super competitive play lol. I haven't played 10 games yet, but there's no reason I should be higher than a Bronze going off how much I cared about stats ;b

Hi.

I am newer to halo but played competitive games for years which did include halo 2.

Been on Xbox live since day 1.

Had a couple kids and such so I need to restart a nice lil circle on Xbox live and halo 5/, well, I've fallen in love with the gameplay.

I have an elite controller so still got jump the hurldle of using 4 more fingers but I'm catching up.

I will use a mic most of the time and I aim to play to win but also have a ton of fun.

If anyone would like, please add my GT.

It's Haines GT

If you'd rathrr, I can add you, just reply with it.

Look forward to learning the ropes from some of you guys and some good halo sessions. This game is legit.

Gothca bro. GT's the same as my username.

Euron

Fuck public chat and fuck the broken muting system. It's been really bad in BTB. Why isn't the "mute all" option working and why can I only mute one player at a time? Hell sometimes it doesn't even let me do that.

Ramirez

Fuck public chat and fuck the broken muting system. It's been really bad in BTB. Why isn't the "mute all" option working and why can I only mute one player at a time? Hell sometimes it doesn't even let me do that.

I always start a party for myself if I'm playing solo, ain't got time for these people who use Kinect and live in a barn.

I just want to note how entertaining this game is. I don't even own it yet and all I do all day is refresh this thread and watch Ninja's stream. 343i's gameplay team really knocked it outta the park with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom